Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Michael Schumacher Battles For His Life After Skiing Accident - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Michael Schumacher Battles For His Life After Skiing Accident (3531 Views)

Michael Schumacher's Health Condition Deteriorates. / Michael Schumacher Undergoes Brain Surgery After A Head Injury While Skiing / Fans hold vigil for Michael Schumacher as he spends 45th birthday in a coma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michael Schumacher Battles For His Life After Skiing Accident by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
Michael Schumacher, racing driver and 7-time Formula 1 champion has been injured in a skiing accident. He suffered severe head trauma from a fall while skiing in the French Alps. He was in coma when he arrived at the hospital and required immediate brain surgery. He remains in a critical condition.

http://9jaflave..com/2013/12/michael-schumacher-battles-for-his-life-after-skiing-accident.html

Re: Michael Schumacher Battles For His Life After Skiing Accident by TunjiMsp: 2:52pm On Dec 30, 2013
May God grant him speedy recovery.
Re: Michael Schumacher Battles For His Life After Skiing Accident by EMEzzy(m): 3:02pm On Dec 30, 2013
Saw the news this morning,such a shame.Get well soon legend.
Re: Michael Schumacher Battles For His Life After Skiing Accident by bacteria24(m): 5:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
I really fear the worst for this guy, although I'm not a fan of his but I'll be devastated if the worst happens to him. Going by the live update on his condition this morning and also being very familiar in the field of his injuries I can say we should expect the worst. I personally hate this skiing thing in the first place ever since I slipped on banana peels. Don't laugh but there's no difference between the two. I wouldn't even get on a snow sledge and I have declined my mates many times when subject of a skiing trip comes up. I've been following formula 1 for a long time and know what he's done in the sport, his current status is like a dream that won't go away. Let's hope for the best.

Re: Michael Schumacher Battles For His Life After Skiing Accident by EMEzzy(m): 7:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
^^I fear to my bro, last i heard his brain was affected and he was even wearing a helmet. WTF
Re: Michael Schumacher Battles For His Life After Skiing Accident by safarigirl(f): 9:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
I don't feel bad for him, that will teach him and the rest of those oyibos that want to form baddest guy ever liveth not to mess with nature.

Dem no dey ever ask black man why e no dey go those kain places, do they think we're dumb abi we sef no like enjoyment? What is a 41 year old man doing skiing? Because Formula 1 no kill am e dey find the one wey go kpai am, toh, he don jam, shey he wants to rock life, he can rock it in the hospital

Such carelessness, when you test your chi, you'll get what's coming to you. His friends, family and fans better pray he survives and ends up relatively normal, else.
Re: Michael Schumacher Battles For His Life After Skiing Accident by EMEzzy(m): 11:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
safarigirl: I don't feel bad for him, that will teach him and the rest of those oyibos that want to form baddest guy ever liveth not to mess with nature.

Dem no dey ever ask black man why e no dey go those kain places, do they think we're dumb abi we sef no like enjoyment? What is a 41 year old man doing skiing? Because Formula 1 no kill am e dey find the one wey go kpai am, toh, he don jam, shey he wants to rock life, he can rock it in the hospital

Such carelessness, when you test your chi, you'll get what's coming to you. His friends, family and fans better pray he survives and ends up relatively normal, else.
safarigirl i usually hold you in high esteem but am gutted by your post cause it makes no sense at all maybe you dont know him but this is a 7 time world champ you just dissed,first you said he wants to form "baddest guy ever liveth" but that makes no sense at all and this wont teach anybody any lesson because that is thier way of life,they live life to the full and enjoy it and your 'careful' african man watches in awe as they brace the odds.
You also said he is not careful well do you research because he was wearing a safety helmet.
Who told you he was messing with nature,Skiing is a fuc.ing sport just like football.
Nigerians and the usual careful atude that is why when i went on just a hot air ballon they were crying for me....WTF abi no bi my choice? Please lets live our lives and let others live too and not judge thier actions or did he tell you he regrets what he did wake him and he'll bleeping go skiing again so if u like dont feel bad for him cos he has more than enough sympatizers.
P.s:Sorry 4 the not so long post peeps...get well soon shumi.
Re: Michael Schumacher Battles For His Life After Skiing Accident by EMEzzy(m): 11:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
[url][/url]
Re: Michael Schumacher Battles For His Life After Skiing Accident by safarigirl(f): 11:40pm On Dec 30, 2013
E.M.Ezzy:

safarigirl i usually hold you in high esteem but am gutted by your post cause it makes no sense at all maybe you dont know him but this is a 7 time world champ you just dissed,first you said he wants to form "baddest guy ever liveth" but that makes no sense at all and this wont teach anybody any lesson because that is thier way of life,they live life to the full and enjoy it and your 'careful' african man watches in awe as they brace the odds.
You also said he is not careful well do you research because he was wearing a safety helmet.
Who told you he was messing with nature,Skiing is a fuc.ing sport just like football.
Nigerians and the usual careful atude that is why when i went on just a hot air ballon they were crying for me....WTF abi no bi my choice? Please lets live our lives and let others live too and not judge thier actions or did he tell you he regrets what he did wake him and he'll bleeping go skiing again so if u like dont feel bad for him cos he has more than enough sympatizers.
P.s:Sorry 4 the not so long post peeps...get well soon shumi.
what is a safety helmet? Soe things should not вє embarked upon, his age alone should have been a deterrent. It's not enough to put on a helmet, everyone knows that some sports are extreme...we mustn't all вє sympathetic towards his plight and I won't say eyaa simply because everyone else is saying it.

Like I said, it's a lesson, but people never learn, he's not the first to get an accident like this, professionals have gotten into fatal accidents with all their gear, why can't human beings realise that their little helmets and pads are nothing in the end? A lot of people still won't learn their lessons and tomorrow, they'll get on the same slope and test God.

I'm sorry for disappointing you, but I maintain that I won't feel sorry for the man because he put on the helmet and the skiing gear, got on that slope and got to the hospital bed he's on all by himself. If I can't learn from others who have gotten burnt and i decide to put my hand in fire, who will people blame when I get burnt?

If he wakes up he'll probably get on the slope again, but going by reports, his brain has been affected, ѕo he may never be able to get on that slope again, or drive, or walk, or do anything, but hey, no one cares about all of that, at least he was living life and doing what he loved before he turned to a vegetable, now, he may never be able to do the simple things in life that he wasn't content with and didn't appreciate. Maybe eating will becoe an extreme sport for him now.

He will need prayers to even survive and a lot of grace to go back to his old self, ѕσ I hope he's on good terms with God
Re: Michael Schumacher Battles For His Life After Skiing Accident by EMEzzy(m): 12:13am On Dec 31, 2013
safarigirl: what is a safety helmet? Soe things should not вє embarked upon, his age alone should have been a deterrent. It's not enough to put on a helmet, everyone knows that some sports are extreme...we mustn't all вє sympathetic towards his plight and I won't say eyaa simply because everyone else is saying it.

Like I said, it's a lesson, but people never learn, he's not the first to get an accident like this, professionals have gotten into fatal accidents with all their gear, why can't human beings realise that their little helmets and pads are nothing in the end? A lot of people still won't learn their lessons and tomorrow, they'll get on the same slope and test God.

I'm sorry for disappointing you, but I maintain that I won't feel sorry for the man because he put on the helmet and the skiing gear, got on that slope and got to the hospital bed he's on all by himself. If I can't learn from others who have gotten burnt and i decide to put my hand in fire, who will people blame when I get burnt?

If he wakes up he'll probably get on the slope again, but going by reports, his brain has been affected, ѕo he may never be able to get on that slope again, or drive, or walk, or do anything, but hey, no one cares about all of that, at least he was living life and doing what he loved before he turned to a vegetable, now, he may never be able to do the simple things in life that he wasn't content with and didn't appreciate. Maybe eating will becoe an extreme sport for him now.

He will need prayers to even survive and a lot of grace to go back to his old self, ѕσ I hope he's on good terms with God
i get your point and you made sense now other than the 1st post as it was rude,reading ur post made me laugh especially the vegetable part although i was trying not to laugh as this man means alot to me u cant imagine how many of his shirts are in my closet.barely a month after paul walker died...doctors said more updates by noon 2morro..good night
Re: Michael Schumacher Battles For His Life After Skiing Accident by ROCKJ1(m): 3:59am On Dec 31, 2013
Oyibo people can sabi take risk!!!.... the height he fell from was tremendous.

(1) (Reply)

The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer / / Senegal Awards $87,000 Cash, Land To AFCON Winning Squad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.