Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,530 members, 7,837,022 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Neighborhood Cinema. A Worthy Investment - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Neighborhood Cinema. A Worthy Investment (1147 Views)

Starting Up A Cinema (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Neighborhood Cinema. A Worthy Investment by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 30, 2013
Have u ever considered how profitable it would be to open a cinema in any of the highly populated parts of Lagos? And I said Cinema not Malls. Somewhere individuals, couples and families can go and relax in comfort.
Re: Neighborhood Cinema. A Worthy Investment by sunnydayasaba(m): 10:47pm On Dec 30, 2013
Not in lagos, Maybe in Oil Producing States and area wit High Middle income earners, Like Warri, Asaba, and some few more states in the south-south region.
Re: Neighborhood Cinema. A Worthy Investment by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 31, 2013
sunnydayasaba: Not in lagos, Maybe in Oil Producing States and area wit High Middle income earners, Like Warri, Asaba, and some few more states in the south-south region.

Definitely in lagos with her very high population. Local content. Ticket N500. Warri and Asaba are great locations too.
Re: Neighborhood Cinema. A Worthy Investment by yemmit90: 4:11pm On Dec 31, 2013
idprincess:

Definitely in lagos with her very high population. Local content. Ticket N500. Warri and Asaba are great locations too.

Let me ask, what type of movies you will be showing?
Re: Neighborhood Cinema. A Worthy Investment by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 31, 2013
yemmit90:

Let me ask, what type of movies you will be showing?
Local movies of Cinema standard e.g Ije, PhoneSwap, Last flight from Abuja . Not Idumota and Alaba home videos.
Re: Neighborhood Cinema. A Worthy Investment by Nobody: 1:11am On May 31, 2015
Still a great and juicy investment
Re: Neighborhood Cinema. A Worthy Investment by OCTAVO: 1:38am On May 31, 2015
idprincess:
Still a great and juicy investment
I doubt it.
Re: Neighborhood Cinema. A Worthy Investment by sonnie10: 1:38am On May 31, 2015
In those day, they use to have such cinemas in Calabar. The most popular ones were PATSOL , ROSOL and NATIONAL . I do not know what happened but the all closed shop one after the other. They very busy, attracting all manners of people and you could tell that business was booming . There were not malls but just cinema houses. I guess there were places like that in Lagos too if the name PEN Cinema is anything to go by or the other abandoned building along Ojota Ogudu road (close to Ojota bustop).

Back to the question on whether is a good idea or not, it would depend on the daily running cost. First consider how much it would cost to run a generator that can power any A/C (very important) big enough to cover a 50 people capacity hall for a minimum of 3hrs. Considering that most movies take such duration from start to finish. Assuming you charge #500. For each session, you would get #25,000 (full capacity).
Re: Neighborhood Cinema. A Worthy Investment by Nobody: 1:42am On May 31, 2015
The military era killed the cinema culture and film making generally.

The cost of running a cinema is an investment like any other business and it doesn't have to be a mall as you rightly observed.
Re: Neighborhood Cinema. A Worthy Investment by Nobody: 1:49am On May 31, 2015
OCTAVO:

I doubt it.
Mind sharing why?
Re: Neighborhood Cinema. A Worthy Investment by OCTAVO: 1:55am On May 31, 2015
idprincess:
Mind sharing why?
Entertainment industry has grown so big over the years. We now have giant companies like Multichoice; owner of Dstv and GoTv, Start times etc. Right from the comfort of your room, you have access to a lot of movies. You can watch some movies online on your PC and mobile phones. With your computer, movies are just a click away. These among other factors has impeded the growth of Cinema either directly or indirectly over the years.
Re: Neighborhood Cinema. A Worthy Investment by sonnie10: 1:58am On May 31, 2015
idprincess:
The military era killed the cinema culture and film making generally.

The cost of running a cinema is an investment like any other business and it doesn't have to be a mall as you rightly observed.

You may be right! I have forgotten the military regime. Yes they all closed around that period.
Re: Neighborhood Cinema. A Worthy Investment by SHOT(m): 2:04am On May 31, 2015
I have been thinking in this direction too... More like bringing back d cinema culture. With a good feasibility study n research I believe it will b a worthy investment.

Cinema is still d hope for our film industry.
@id princess, we could rub minds n work together

1 Like

Re: Neighborhood Cinema. A Worthy Investment by sonnie10: 2:08am On May 31, 2015
OCTAVO:

Entertainment industry has grown so big over the years. We now have giant companies like Multichoice; owner of Dstv and GoTv, Start times etc. Right from the comfort of your room, you have access to a lot of movies. You can watch some movies online on your PC and mobile phones. With your computer, movies are just a click away. These among other factors has impeded the growth of Cinema either directly or indirectly over the years.

This is the beauty of the blogsphere. Ideas are shared from different perspective. Yes, multimedia; cabel TV and internet have their impact on the demise of cinema culture but have you considered that fact that most football viewing centers are usually jam-packed? Most of the patrons could afford to watch those matches from the comfort of their homes.
Re: Neighborhood Cinema. A Worthy Investment by SHOT(m): 2:09am On May 31, 2015
OCTAVO:

Let's not forget that most hollywood movies are released straight to d cinemas n they have more advanced TV n internet lifestyle. Cinema has its role, pay TV has its market too BT can not play d role of a cinema
Re: Neighborhood Cinema. A Worthy Investment by Nobody: 2:11am On May 31, 2015
OCTAVO:

And a whole world of Nigerians don't have access to the kind of internet that comfortably streams movies and another world that won't pay for anything online. The beauty of our mighty population.
Re: Neighborhood Cinema. A Worthy Investment by Nobody: 2:12am On May 31, 2015
SHOT:
I have been thinking in this direction too... More like bringing back d cinema culture. With a good feasibility study n research I believe it will b a worthy investment.

Cinema is still d hope for our film industry.
@id princess, we could rub minds n work together
I am game.

(1) (Reply)

Official FX Thread For Traders. / The Best Bitcoin Wallet App / #1 Million Reasons Why U Shd Change Your Ewallet To XAPO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.