Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

10 Successful People Who Don’t Sleep Much - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 10 Successful People Who Don’t Sleep Much (2205 Views)

Sleep With Me Or I Fire You - My Female Boss. / 8 Things Successful People Do NOT Do Every Day / Eight Things Remarkably Successful People Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Successful People Who Don’t Sleep Much by IbrahimOyetola1(m): 3:17am On Dec 31, 2013
My parents, friends and associates always ask why i spend most nights awake. So tonight I’ve decided to share the list of 10 successful people who don’t sleep too much!

It’s been long stated that on average, humans need 8 hours of sleep in order to function effectively the next day. Well, for those eager to start the day and get ahead of the competition, 8 hours of rest is considered too much for them!

10 Successful People Who Get By On Barely Any Sleep

1- Barack Obama
He is the 44th and current President of the United States. Interviews with the man say he stays up until 1:00 a.m and wakes up at 7:00 a.m. Other days, he is less fortunate to get his 6 hours of sleep due to unexpected, sudden crisis in the middle of the night that requires the President’s attention.

2- Marissa Mayer
CEO of Yahoo, Mayer is a savvy woman who understands the importance of working hard and besting the competition. She previously worked at Google before she became CEO of yahoo.
Reports say that she sleeps as little as 4 to 6 hours on any given night. She supplements her sleeping habits with a nice relaxing vacation every 4 months that recharges her batteries. On some weeks, she may work as much as 130 hours, which leaves only 38 hours of sleep or roughly 5 and a half hours of sleep per day.

3- Indra Nooyi
Chairman and CEO of Pepsi.
One of the world’s most prominent female executives since getting Pepsi’s top job in 2007, Nooyi sleeps a meager four hours a night, according to CNN Money. She’s no stranger to long hours, having worked the graveyard shift as a receptionist while getting her Master’s at Yale.

4- Jack Dorsey
Jack is the founder of Twitter and Square CEO. Having to maintain two companies at the same time leaves him with many restless nights. Jack Dorsey recently mentioned to Kara Swisher that he spends a good 8 to 10 hours at Twitter, and another 8 to 10 hours at Square every day. That leaves him anaverage of 4 to 6 hours of sleep a night. He has managed to build one of the most successful social networking websites to date.

5- Bill Clinton
Bill Clinton was the 42nd U.S. President of the United States. During his presidency years, Mr. Clinton was well known for having slept only 5 to 6 hours per night. This habit of sleeping less had developed when a professor at Georgetown told him that, “Great men require less sleep.”

6- Jay Leno
If you’ve ever watched TV at night, then there’s a good chance you’ve seen Jay Leno on television. He is the host of ‘The Tonight Show’. On top of being a host, Jay Leno tours the comedy circuit to average over 150 gigs a year. Jay Leno sleeps roughly 5 hours each night.

7- Martha Stewart
Martha Stewart is the founder of Martha Stewart Omnimedia. Her company produces 4 different magazines, ‘Martha Stewart Living’, ‘Everyday Food’, ‘Weddings’, and ‘Whole Living’. She also has her own TV and radio show, as well as her own products shelved in stores across the globe. According to CNN, she sleeps no more than 4 hours a night. She is a testament that passion can truly translate into success and fortune.

8- Tim Armstrong
CEO of AOL Armstrong wakes up around 5 a.m., is out of the house and working from his car by 7 a.m., and works until 7 p.m. He used to start sending emails immediately after waking up, but now restrains himself until 7 a.m. He says he tries to get six hours of sleep a night, but often ends up operating on less. “It isn’t ideal,” he told The Guardian.

9- Herb Kelleher
Co-founder of Southwest Airlines, Herb Kelleher was reported to have slept a maximum of 4 hours a night. That was during his prime years of running his company. After all the long hours he sacrificed for his company, it had finally paid off. He is now retired, happy, and wealthy.

10- Thomas Edison
Thomas Edison is a historical figure, and a famous inventor who invented the light bulb that we still use to this day. According to ‘The New York Times’, Thomas only required 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night. Thomas Edison states that sleep is “a heritage from our cave days.”

Re: 10 Successful People Who Don’t Sleep Much by tshegs19: 3:32am On Dec 31, 2013
I'm still up. 03:31am smiley
Re: 10 Successful People Who Don’t Sleep Much by IbrahimOyetola1(m): 3:37am On Dec 31, 2013
tshegs19: I'm still up. 03:31am smiley

Lol.. Same here.. But we are not yet successful !! grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Successful People Who Don’t Sleep Much by waleadex(m): 3:45am On Dec 31, 2013
Good for them!
Re: 10 Successful People Who Don’t Sleep Much by chifreke(f): 3:56am On Dec 31, 2013
not all those fame and wealth came naturally!
The bible says seek yeah first the Kingdom of God first....then every other tinz will be given to u....The blessing of God added no sorrow!
#JesusisLord#

1 Like

Re: 10 Successful People Who Don’t Sleep Much by speeder(m): 5:08am On Dec 31, 2013
tshegs19: I'm still up. 03:31am smiley
but you ain't successful
Re: 10 Successful People Who Don’t Sleep Much by Dsecret: 7:35am On Jan 04, 2014
Smiles #TEAM# even though after some period of time one will start looking haggard
Re: 10 Successful People Who Don’t Sleep Much by Cheatnotagain: 7:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
chifreke: not all those fame and wealth came naturally!
The bible says seek yeah first the Kingdom of God first....then every other tinz will be given to u....The blessing of God added no sorrow!
#JesusisLord#

You are right i your statement; but this does'nt take away work... those people mentioned in this write up are very hardworking people... this is a virtue worth learning from...

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

CWG Plc - Finacle Bootcamp / What Does This Mail From Shell Mean Biko? / IT Field Engineer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.