Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Tithing In The Mosque - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing In The Mosque (1672 Views)

Question To Pastor Chris On The Relevance Of Tithing In Christ / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / To Tithe Or Not To Tithe - Jesus Spoke About Tithing In The New Testament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithing In The Mosque by TVTKOKO(m): 4:44am On Dec 31, 2013
This would be my first topic created, ever since joining nairaland so it'll be best for all those religious bigots to thread carefully or stay away.
Now back to topic.

I do always wonder wat tithing or collection of offerings in the mosque was like.
Do muslims really collect tithe and offerings from it's worshippers just lyk they do in churches?because most news(bad and good) i've heard about tithing was always from the church!
Re: Tithing In The Mosque by rmaubsiau(m): 6:15am On Dec 31, 2013
there is nothing like tithing in the mosque, nobody is compelled or forced to give tithes in the mosque. there is the case of sadaqa(charity) which you can voluntarily give to the mosque for its day-day routine like buying fuel for the generator,buying kettles etc.

ALLAH KNOWS BEST

1 Like

Re: Tithing In The Mosque by dejt4u(m): 6:22am On Dec 31, 2013
rmaubsiau: there is nothing like tithing in the mosque, nobody is compelled or forced to give tithes in the mosque. there is the case of sadaqa(charity) which you can voluntarily give to the mosque for its day-day routine like buying fuel for the generator,buying kettles etc.

ALLAH KNOWS BEST
well said
Re: Tithing In The Mosque by TVTKOKO(m): 6:27am On Dec 31, 2013
rmaubsiau: there is nothing like tithing in the mosque, nobody is compelled or forced to give tithes in the mosque. there is the case of sadaqa(charity) which you can voluntarily give to the mosque for its day-day routine like buying fuel for the generator,buying kettles etc.

ALLAH KNOWS BEST
then wat abt offerings?i was told a long tym ago by a muslim friend that there's collection of offering(might nt be in form of tithe anyway) or maybe there's no such in the mosque u attend.
^
muslim brothers,wat hav you got to say about this?
Re: Tithing In The Mosque by dejt4u(m): 6:37am On Dec 31, 2013
TVT KOKO: then wat abt offerings?i was told a long tym ago by a muslim friend that there's collection of offering(might nt be in form of tithe anyway) or maybe there's no such in the mosque u attend.
^
there is nothing of such in mosques..no offerin and no tithe.. Bt we only make DONATIONS of any amount u feel like.. Also, it is nt a must and bt necessary to maintain d house of God.. It is nt for alfas or imams bt strictly for d mosque unless u specially giv imam as a personal gift..
Re: Tithing In The Mosque by TVTKOKO(m): 6:47am On Dec 31, 2013
dejt4u:
there is nothing of such in mosques..no offerin and no tithe.. Bt we only make DONATIONS of any amount u feel like.. Also, it is nt a must and bt necessary to maintain d house of God.. It is nt for alfas or imams bt strictly for d mosque unless u specially giv imam as a personal gift..
wel understood.but since there nothing of such, hw do d imams get payed(as in form of salary)?may be dats nt for u to answer but do u think it's through these free donations or wateva d imams take care of theirselves?
Re: Tithing In The Mosque by deols(f): 6:56am On Dec 31, 2013
Most Imams have JoBS that get them fed.

Some other mosques have arrangements for the payment of salaries. If the mosques are owned by individuals or organisations, payment comes from then.

But Islam from inception never encouraged taking a job as 'Imam'.

1 Like

Re: Tithing In The Mosque by TVTKOKO(m): 7:20am On Dec 31, 2013
I b'lieve there r similarities in the teachings btw islam and xtianity.but why is this similarities different when it come to giving offerings. I mean when u luk at pastors today,most of their teachings is based on collection of offerings while as u've said,the imams only rely on individual aid
Re: Tithing In The Mosque by harbiola1(m): 7:30am On Dec 31, 2013
TVT KOKO: then wat abt offerings?i was told a long tym ago by a muslim friend that there's collection of offering(might nt be in form of tithe anyway) or maybe there's no such in the mosque u attend.
^
They have told you, there is nothing like tithe in the Mosque. However, there is voluntary contribution (sadaqat) to maintain Mosques.

The one that is nearer to tithe is Zakat (That which purifies). Zakat is compulsory for those who have accumulated a certain degree of wealth at the end of a lunar year.

Zakat is strictly for the poors, and it is not neccessary that Imam of a mosque knw about who u're offering ur Zakat to because it is ur personal responsibility.

Many developed countries have committees incharge of its reception and redistribution.
Re: Tithing In The Mosque by Dhelake: 7:56am On Dec 31, 2013
Everybody that has replied have done justice to your question

(1) (Reply)

Christian Association Of Nigeria Agenda That Must Not Fly / May Communion Service With Pastor Chris / Music Is Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.