Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. (345343 Views)

INEC Recruitment 2014 (ADHOC Staff Vacancies)-apply / Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2014/2015 Is Out / Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (55) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Ralphzobia(m): 5:53pm On Jan 03, 2014
I pray it should be on merit based!
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by mannobi(m): 7:00pm On Jan 03, 2014
slimmy05:     
Graduate Fire Officers at Nigerian Ports Authority

The Nigerian Ports Authority is a government owned agency charged with the responsibility of Port Administration in the underlisted locations: Lagos, Port Harcourt, Onne, Warri, Calabar.
The Nigerian Ports Authority wishes to recruit suitably qualified candidates for the positions of: Fire Officer II (Salary Scale SSS4) in order to ensure safety of our operations.

Job Position: Fire Officer II (Salary Scale SSS4)

Locations: Lagos, Port Harcourt, Onne, Warri, Calabar.
Cadre: Officer

Responsibilities
Supervision and manning of designed Fire Post within the port facilities.
Report incident (if any) in written form to superior officer
Ensure safety and efficient running of fire engines and hydrants
Take command and control in case of emergency
Ability of driving articulated Fire Engine

Qualifications
Minimum of B.Sc or HND in Social Sciences and Humanities or IFE Level 4 Certificate in Fire Science and Fire Safety
Age range: 22-35 years
Application Closing Date
10th February, 2014.

Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with comprehensive CV stating email, contact address (not P.O. Box), mobile telephone numbers and qualification within six (6) weeks of this publication (10 Feb. 2014) to:

The General Manager Human Resources
Nigerian Ports Authority
26 / 28 Marina, Lagos
OR
Email to: info@nigerianports.org

Note: Only short-listed applicants would be invited for interview and be required to undergo written test, interview and medical examination

great
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by world(f): 7:30pm On Jan 03, 2014
exxell:

The typical Nigerian.... Not wanting to work for the passion but always for the dough!! Have you ever bothered to ask yourself what you will add to u the institution grow and probably receive a promotion? Instead, you are here whinin about dough!!
my dear DAT question is important... Forget abt DAT contribution tin, abi person wey dey work no go chop for dis hard economy? If u wnt to work for free U r welcme but NT me...monkey no go wrk y bamboo dey chop

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 03, 2014
MissIndependent: What about someone that will be through with service in 9Months time can he/she apply? Since some Federal Government recruitment process take Months...what do you think?
You're free to Apply.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Rexmarysweet(m): 10:46pm On Jan 03, 2014
Another Massive Fraud in the name of recruitment. The names are compiled already.The advert is just to decieve the public. Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by gabng(m): 4:33am On Jan 04, 2014
INSIDER INFO ALERT

- Apart from Fireman/Firewoman post, If you dont have strong connections vis a vis house of rep or senator or strong PDP politician with influence in abuja via ministry of transport or top echelon of the NPA the probability of getting the job is 15%.

- JSS1 Salary plus allowances after tax is 92,420 naira with annual percentage increases, Fire officers earn close to 140 to 160k.

- This recruitment officially started in late october and i am surprised it is being made public now.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by yomiben2003(m): 7:21am On Jan 04, 2014
strongboi: undecided

Pls how did u do it? I've been trying to send mine to this same mail address and its not going. I don't kno y undecided

Nothing out of the ordinary... I sent mine using my phone and it delivered. Perhaps you should try sending yours at a café
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by yomiben2003(m): 7:39am On Jan 04, 2014
gabng: INSIDER INFO ALERT

- Apart from Fireman/Firewoman post, If you dont have strong connections vis a vis house of rep or senator or strong PDP politician with influence in abuja via ministry of transport or top echelon of the NPA the probability of getting the job is 15%.

- JSS1 Salary plus allowances after tax is 92,420 naira with annual percentage increases, Fire officers earn close to 140 to 160k.

- This recruitment officially started in late october and i am surprised it is being made public now.

You're right about the recruitment starting late October. Though it started around that time, it wasn't made public and official. What was going on then was just in house lobbying not until Maritime Workers Union with other unions concerned had a meeting with the manager that the decision to place adverts this year was made (the meeting was held in the third week of Dec). Publicing it is just for sake of record and posterity. Already, before now hundreds have applied through man know man grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by yomiben2003(m): 7:58am On Jan 04, 2014
exxell:

The typical Nigerian.... Not wanting to work for the passion but always for the dough!! Have you ever bothered to ask yourself what you will add to make the institution grow and probably receive a promotion? Instead, you are here whinin about dough!!

Wetin Bode George add to NPA when em b der chairman?
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by alfredo4u(m): 8:29am On Jan 04, 2014
Great news
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Olaniyiolayemi: 10:34am On Jan 04, 2014
All is well with everyone of us dat apply for d joy at NPA. d Lord wil make a way of us.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Olaniyiolayemi: 11:01am On Jan 04, 2014
The Lord wil c us through IJN. All of us wil grant favour cose IJN.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Ghost01(m): 12:24pm On Jan 04, 2014
slap1: All these FIRE FIRE FIRE is scary...will the successful candidates be posted to hell?

Hahahahahahahahaahahah... Una no go kill person. Lol*
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Azohojohn: 12:29pm On Jan 04, 2014
Money is coming this year
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by itsmetoosin: 12:29pm On Jan 04, 2014
kevoneal: Great! I pray everyone who applies gets employed in Jesus Name.

Sigh! Not a bad wish or curse, but not applicants will get employed
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Emmysteve(m): 3:38pm On Jan 04, 2014
GOD grant me favour as i apply this job in Jesus name.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Belloladan(m): 3:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
My candid advice to those who're willing to apply, dont be affraid to rid youself of everything holding you back. that is why "The rich find it easy to ride over the poor" You can even motivate others and become a role model to them. Keep the hope alive and be prayerful at all the time despite the various challanges facing you God is with you, surely "God love's the poor"
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Tobbylobar(m): 7:29pm On Jan 04, 2014
I was trying to send my cv to the email address,it was not going has anybody send his or her own to help me out.though i have use my phone to send it but am not comfortable with my phone so i want to use system to send it and is not going embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by DAVE5(m): 8:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
applying mood activated
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by luchilynda: 8:43pm On Jan 04, 2014
wch one is even SSS 4 nd JSS1 to JSS3 tins
is it a secondary school?
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by easiaq(m): 6:29am On Jan 05, 2014
Mail daemon@yahoo.com,sorry we re unable to deliver mssg to the followin add info@nigerianport.org.dis is wat i got after sending ma mail,pls ve anyone able to send his succesful
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by uboma(m): 6:38am On Jan 05, 2014
easiaq: Mail daemon@yahoo.com,sorry we re unable to deliver mssg to the followin add info@nigerianport.org.dis is wat i got after sending ma mail,pls ve anyone able to send his succesful

The correct email is

info@nigerianports.org

All the best
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by easiaq(m): 6:53am On Jan 05, 2014
uboma:

The correct email is

info@nigerianports.org

All the best
thank bro just take note of the corrt email add God bless
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by chudidonas(m): 8:11am On Jan 08, 2014
Hello guys, did anyone get a reply confirming application reciept when they applied online or manually through their lagos office? My family friend is asking for such reciept oo. Think I'l go to NPA PH office tomorrow to verify.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by myvic70(m): 3:26pm On Jan 08, 2014
Please house, is there anything like confirmation after submission.
Response will be appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by pappy4real(m): 6:25pm On Jan 08, 2014
I've sent mine but no confirmation of receipt. May God help us all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (55) (Reply)

NDLEA Recruitment 2023 Official Thread / New Announcement: Nigerian Navy Recruiting (ssce, Nce, Ond, Staff Nurses: / Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.