Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

"Abortion Of Deformed Babies" Is It Justifiable? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "Abortion Of Deformed Babies" Is It Justifiable? (1435 Views)

How To Fix A Whitlow Deformed Finger Nails / Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ / Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Abortion Of Deformed Babies" Is It Justifiable? by Fairfax(f): 10:13am On Dec 31, 2013
An expectant mother discovers that the foetus in her womb if allowed to develop would be born deformed decides to end the life of her unborn baby.

"I don't want life to be difficult for you,my baby" says the woman.

@all, what's your take on this?

should abortion of deformed babies be allowed? let's discuss
Re: "Abortion Of Deformed Babies" Is It Justifiable? by ditrix(m): 10:36am On Dec 31, 2013
E hard o,but wateva we do,we should not compromise
Re: "Abortion Of Deformed Babies" Is It Justifiable? by Fairfax(f): 10:43am On Dec 31, 2013
ditrix: E hard o,but wateva we do,we should not compromise
so are u in support of what she intends to do
Re: "Abortion Of Deformed Babies" Is It Justifiable? by ditrix(m): 11:01am On Dec 31, 2013
Fairfax: so are u in support of what she intends to do
u nor dey understand d english? I say no

2 Likes

Re: "Abortion Of Deformed Babies" Is It Justifiable? by Baba419(m): 11:27am On Dec 31, 2013
An abortion can only become acceptable when continuation of the pregnancy will pose a threat to the life of the mother or foetus which is clearly the case here so i support,
Re: "Abortion Of Deformed Babies" Is It Justifiable? by Fairfax(f): 11:48am On Dec 31, 2013
ditrix: u nor dey understand d english? I say no
Oga ditrix,we no dey fight nau
Re: "Abortion Of Deformed Babies" Is It Justifiable? by Fairfax(f): 11:51am On Dec 31, 2013
Baba419: An abortion can only become acceptable when continuation of the pregnancy will pose a threat to the life of the mother or foetus which is clearly the case here so i support,
in this case, the baby's life is not at risk,just deformity. don't u think that baby can grow up to become someone great tomorrow despite physical deformity. pls have a rethink
Re: "Abortion Of Deformed Babies" Is It Justifiable? by Romanticboy1(m): 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2013
yes! Its better dan keepin d deformed child outta pity
Re: "Abortion Of Deformed Babies" Is It Justifiable? by Fairfax(f): 12:27pm On Dec 31, 2013
Romanticboy1: yes! Its better dan keepin d deformed child outta pity
pls, can u give us a reason
Re: "Abortion Of Deformed Babies" Is It Justifiable? by Originalsly: 1:35pm On Dec 31, 2013
How does the mother know the fetus is deformed? I don't agree with such an abortion.....if the fetus is to die let it die a natural death.
Re: "Abortion Of Deformed Babies" Is It Justifiable? by olisehcom(f): 2:00pm On Dec 31, 2013
Nope!!.......no one knws God's plan 4 d child
Re: "Abortion Of Deformed Babies" Is It Justifiable? by Fairfax(f): 2:35pm On Dec 31, 2013
Originalsly: How does the mother know the fetus is deformed? I don't agree with such an abortion.....if the fetus is to die let it die a natural death.
tanx for your contribution
Re: "Abortion Of Deformed Babies" Is It Justifiable? by Fairfax(f): 2:42pm On Dec 31, 2013
oliseh.com:
Nope!!.......no one knws God's plan 4 d child
I totally agree with you.no mother has the right to harm her unborn baby
Re: "Abortion Of Deformed Babies" Is It Justifiable? by ditrix(m): 8:04am On Jan 02, 2014
Fairfax: Oga ditrix,we no dey fight nau
we dey fight o
Re: "Abortion Of Deformed Babies" Is It Justifiable? by Fairfax(f): 7:20pm On Jan 02, 2014
ditrix: we dey fight o
u know we can't nau.
Re: "Abortion Of Deformed Babies" Is It Justifiable? by Sirgen05(m): 12:23am On Jan 03, 2014
Baba419: An abortion can only become acceptable when continuation of the pregnancy will pose a threat to the life of the mother or foetus which is clearly the case here so i support,

Therapeutic abortion
Re: "Abortion Of Deformed Babies" Is It Justifiable? by Sirgen05(m): 12:35am On Jan 03, 2014
Originalsly: How does the mother know the fetus is deformed? I don't agree with such an abortion.....if the fetus is to die let it die a natural death.

Some deformed fetuses when born can't survive more than few minutes. Some may not even survive d pregnancy e.g anencephaly...... without brain.
Such can be terminated!!!

However some minor deformities like absence of hands Or six toes and fingers can be managed, hence not terminated!!!

All these can be detected by some imaging and biochemical tests.
Re: "Abortion Of Deformed Babies" Is It Justifiable? by Fairfax(f): 6:24am On Jan 03, 2014
Sirgen05:

Some deformed fetuses when born can't survive more than few minutes. Some may not even survive d pregnancy e.g anencephaly...... without brain.

However some minor deformities like absence of hands Or six toes and fingers can be managed, hence not terminated!!!

tanx Sir gen for your informative contribution. if the deformed foetus dies on its own, its understandable. I still don't support a termination. anyways, tanx again smiley
Sirgen05:

tanx Sir gen for your informative contribution. if the deformed foetus dies on its own, its understandable. I still don't support a termination. anyways, tanx again
Re: "Abortion Of Deformed Babies" Is It Justifiable? by ditrix(m): 10:12pm On Jan 04, 2014
Fairfax: u know we can't nau.
ok

(1) (Reply)

At What Age Did U Stop Growing(height) / Scientists Develop Bionic Eye For People Born Blind / 10 Signs You Are Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.