Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ (75912 Views)

Woman Injured In Taraba Explosion Breastfeeding Her Baby (Photo) / Lady On Instagram Says Breastfeeding Is Child Molestation! / Men Should Stop Sucking Their Wife’s Breast, It’s For Babies – Wale Oke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by PhockPhockMan: 2:14pm On Aug 06, 2015

Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) Chief Medical Director (CMD), Prof Wale Oke has urged men to stop competing with their babies to suck the wives’ breast.
The
Oke enjoined the men to allow their babies to enjoy their natural meal.

He spoke yesterday at the World Breastfeeding Week (WBW). The programme was organised by LASUTH Community Health Department in conjunction with the hospital’s Pediatrics.

According to him, the benefits of exclusive breastfeeding are many.

He said: “When a mother breastfeeds her baby, it creates bond between them. It is also a natural family mechanism as mothers cannot get pregnant. Breastfeeding mothers do not have bone diseases, breast and ovarian cancers.”

Oke said the state has created an enabling environment for mothers with its policies to work and still feed their babies.

“Working and breastfeeding can go together if mothers try because it is necessary to have healthy babies,” he said.

Wife of Lagos State Governor, Mrs Bolanle Ambode urged mothers to breastfeed their babies exclusively for six months so that they can be healthy.

This, according to her, will prevent babies from coming down with childhood diseases, such as cough, diarrhea and catarrh, among others.

Mrs Ambde, represented by the Permanent Secretary of the state’s Civil Service Pension Office, Mrs Ademola Olabowale, said medical science has made it known that breast supplies basic nutrients to newborns, adding that the breast milk remains the most important protein for babies’ growth.

“The World Health Organisation (WHO) recommends exclusive breastfeeding for six months, and mixed breastfeeding up to two years,” she said.

Breast milk, she said, usually helps to build the immunity for the newborns, saying it would protect them from childhood killer diseases.

The state government, she said, has reviewed maternity leave for women in the state Civil Service from three to six months, adding that Lagos State is the only state in Nigeria where men go on paternity leave to support their wives with the burden of raising a new baby.

Head of Department, Community Health Dr Yetunde Kuyinu said the week would help to improve babies’ health.

She said the WBW is celebrated every year from August 1st to 7th in more than 170 countries to encourage breastfeeding and improve the health of babies.

She said working mothers can actually breastfeed their babies.

“It is a known fact that many of our working class nursing mothers face a lot of challenges combining breastfeeding with work either at their work setting or at home. They tend to stop breastfeeding very early in the life of their babies, thus losing the dual benefits breastfeeding provides for both mother and child,” she said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/breastfeeding-is-for-babies-not-husbands/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 06, 2015
Op you don forget say women Enjoy it too. Some even consider it a sin if you dont. Besides it makes your child strong. Right from Birth Him go know say him get Competition. LIFE ISN'T FAIR cool I have always wondered what Breast milk tastes like. Am adding it to my Bucket List undecided

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by JewelRegi(f): 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2015
K, noted
Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by Omololu007(m): 2:31pm On Aug 06, 2015
K
Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by Cutehector(m): 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2015
Why will a man want to be breast fed na...

5 Likes

Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by PhockPhockMan: 2:45pm On Aug 06, 2015
Cutehector:
Why will a man want to be breast fed na...

What are you insinuating?

Ishilove, lalasticlala
Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by Cutehector(m): 2:47pm On Aug 06, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

What are you insinuating?

Ishi love, lalasti clala
meanin, its kinda absurd

2 Likes

Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
Them get ears but them no dey hear.

Leave breasts for children! Suck your wife right thumb if you can't help it.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 06, 2015
Loose your husband because one CMD said so.

I bet the CMD will be on his mistress "breastesses" this night.

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:02pm On Aug 06, 2015
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by cremedelacreme: 3:03pm On Aug 06, 2015
My wifey no go fit try am na, I go first suck, then come remain small for Junior grin
But seriously, what is it about men and b.reast? angry

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 06, 2015
bullshit

i was sucking those boobs before the baby was born, why would he/she then feel i can be chanced just like that .

i and my daughter are sharing her mothers boobs and none of us is complaining, she is still less than 3 months, maybe when she grows older i will live it for her alone but that will not be because some funny fellows said so

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by IYADARA(f): 3:03pm On Aug 06, 2015
But what kind of a man suck her wifey breast when she is breast feeding

That will make anyone yuck angry

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by Sweetcollins: 3:03pm On Aug 06, 2015
So y do women still call their hubbies, babies!

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by megamank(m): 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2015
Are there men that sucks breast milk?

8 Likes

Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2015
I don't think Prof Oke knows what he is talking about, I love breast and nothing will stop me from sucking my woman's breast.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2015
My girlfriend calls me baby, in other words it's for me.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by GodMode: 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2015
Boobs are meant to be caressed, kissed and licked with the tongue... Not suckedgrin

Patiently waiting for cococandy to comment..

4 Likes

Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by StOla: 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2015
You want to deprive men of their birthright?

If I can drink cow milk, then breast milk is more natural.

United Nations go hear this matter.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by alaoeri: 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2015
If i hear. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by Richie0974: 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2015
Husband suck the breast not the milk....babies suck both the breast and breast milk... Husbands just can't help it...

6 Likes

Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by lekikosky(m): 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2015
Na lie,na to share am.
Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by lumixCeasar(m): 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2015

1 Like

Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by Ask4bigneyo(m): 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2015
Will babies prevent our babes from this?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by val15: 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2015
it depends
Re: Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ by sexymoma(f): 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2015
Men have been sucking B00by since the days of John the baptize.....
Even Bible approve am.....Proverbs 5:19 - As a loving hind and a graceful doe, Let her breasts satisfy you at all times; Be exhilarated always with her love.

yeye dey smell

moma was here

54 Likes 8 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Boy Who Slept With A Girl He Met For The First Time Now Finds It Hard To Urinate / Be Careful Who You Sleep With / See What Fixing Of Nails Did To Me, Never Will I Fix Nails In This Life Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.