Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,362 members, 7,815,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... - Education (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... (824102 Views)

The Polytechnic Of Ibadan 2014/2015 HND Admission Process / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 National Diploma Admission List Is Out!!! / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (680) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by rkarang: 6:36pm On Aug 30, 2014
Ifeco4donz: FORGIVE ME FOR NOT REPLYING TO THIS POST EARLIER . THANKS A LOT BOSS . SEE YOU IN UI ?/TEAM MBBS/

You're welcome! Not team MBBS o smiley
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by RoyalBlak007: 7:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
Pls is it possible to change ur course in 200l
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by PrinceCEE(m): 7:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
the news u brought about UI's decision of making change of course in 200l impossible................ Where did u get it

Cos dis is the worst they can do to their students.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Adedayo516(m): 7:13pm On Aug 30, 2014
Ifeco4donz: WHERE ARE THESE GUYS THIS ONE NAH CORRECT HIDE AND SEEK . TODAY THAT I LOGGED IN THE HOUSE IS ALMOST EMPTY. IT IS WELL .
I GREET YOU ALL IN ADVANCE .

PRINCEADEBAYO
ADEDAYO516 AYO[coke guy]
FRANCISTONY
EE2REAL
IFYX
RKARANG
MARC9
BUKKIMINAT
EDUARDO
AYODEJI
CODEDMELVIN
DAPO777
PROTON

ALL OTHER PROTOCOLS DULY OBSERVED.
ENJOY THE WEEKEND. REMEMBER GOD AND HE WILL REMEMBER YOU . ONCE AGAIN I GREET YOU ALL.
I don correct my name... ***clears throat and sips coke ***
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by HouseOfBalloons(f): 7:15pm On Aug 30, 2014
RoyalBlak007: Pls is it possible to change ur course in 200l
why u wan change course?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by RoyalBlak007: 7:20pm On Aug 30, 2014
HouseOfBalloons: why u wan change course?
i want to du sumtin related to biology...is it possible to change?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by HouseOfBalloons(f): 7:22pm On Aug 30, 2014
RoyalBlak007: i want to du sumtin related to biology...is it possible to change?
yes. If u have a high cgpa
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by kumpharm(f): 7:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
Vessi:
Excuse me madam. I wish to know. Does pharmacy degree graded after graduation? Like first class, second class upper, third class?

I'd be happy if I'm replied accordingly.

permit me to refer u to peeps who are more informed than I am ..

Tags: Samgreguc, adeoladrg, sisiafrika, pxjosh, stelfika.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Zikdik(m): 7:25pm On Aug 30, 2014
Ifeco4donz: WHERE ARE THESE GUYS THIS ONE NAH CORRECT HIDE AND SEEK . TODAY THAT I LOGGED IN THE HOUSE IS ALMOST EMPTY. IT IS WELL .

PRINCEADEBAYO
ADEBAYO[coke guy]
FRANCISTONY
EE2REAL
IFYX
RKARANG
MARC9
BUKKIMINAT
EDUARDO
AYODEJI
CODEDMELVIN
DAPO777
PROTON

ENJOY THE WEEKEND. REMEMBER GOD AND HE WILL REMEMBER YOU . ONCE AGAIN I GREET YOU ALL.
Ayodeji here.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by sisiafrika(f): 7:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
kumpharm:

B.Pharm degree not classified. But those with distinctions are honored. tongue
kumpharm:

B.Pharm degree not classified. But those with distinctions are honored.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Ifyx(m): 7:54pm On Aug 30, 2014

PRINCEADEBAYO
ADEBAYO[coke guy]
FRANCISTONY
EE2REAL
IFYX
RKARANG
MARC9
BUKKIMINAT
EDUARDO
AYODEJI
CODEDMELVIN
DAPO777
PROTON

Baba mbbs
u're sighted cheesy
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Lexxybooy(m): 8:05pm On Aug 30, 2014
miami001: hello every one here am a new member here and am an aspirant of UI.i have followed this thread for a long time and have been a passive reader but have been unable to join.pls guys what advice will u give me i had69 in postjamb with 202 in jamb and applied for communication language art and am from kogi state shud i go and do change of course or i should hopefully wait since am one mark away from the cutoff
i advice u 2wait til nxt wk tuesday 4d merit list den if ur name isnt der,den do d change of course, hope u've d link?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
sisiafrika: B.Pharm degree not classified. But those with distinctions are honored. tongue B.Pharm degree not classified. But those with distinctions are honored.
You mean those with distinctions in university? Thanks. smiley
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Lexxybooy(m): 8:12pm On Aug 30, 2014
Dapo777:

cheesy you wish corruption doesn't exist in Ui,am not trying to tarnish any school here But face reality If the registrar daughter scored 65% and the cutoff was 80% do you think the registrar wont find a way to make sure his daughter enters for mbbs even If she was 15% short of cutoff?

Sit down there.
am nt try 2defend u.i...i knw wot am sayn am vry close 2u.i &popsy iz a staff,al wot u're sayn cnt happen in u.i
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 30, 2014

PRINCEADEBAYO
ADEBAYO[coke guy]
FRANCISTONY
EE2REAL
IFYX
RKARANG
MARC9
BUKKIMINAT
EDUARDO
AYODEJI
CODEDMELVIN
DAPO777
PROTON

Hw far naa
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by zolaktutors: 8:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
Marc9: Definitely a scammer!

Oga at d bottom! Shey na so dem dey take write web address? smiley

We are not what you think!...
@Zolak Educational Consult, we stand by our words...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by RoyalBlak007: 9:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
HouseOfBalloons: yes. If u have a high cgpa
tnx bro
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by am0s(m): 9:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
can i cross from elect to law
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by sisiafrika(f): 9:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
Vessi:
You mean those with distinctions in university? Thanks. smiley
dunno about UI. But in OAU, a GI of 4.1 is distinction, for pharmacy of course. Your degree isn't 'Honours'(hons), its not classified.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by bizibrain(m): 9:16pm On Aug 30, 2014
JSMMUYIWA: .
hey bro, hw far na, can u gimme any of ur social network ID make we 4llow talk.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by efe2real(m): 10:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
saha04: Dear all in the house, I need your candid advice for one of my kids that wanted to read medicine but scored 67 which is far below the cut off point. He is not interested in any of the fall back courses since Biochemistry, Microbiology etc were not included. I suggested Vet Med to him but he is not interested and he said he would prefer to go for A levels instead. To me, I never wanted him to waste the scores and at the same time never wanted to force him. Do you agree with his decision or not? If no, what do you advice?
If you agree with his decision to do A levels, please suggest good schools, with all sincerity.
Well done for the good jobs you guys are doing here.

Cheers!

Sir/Ma. If your kid really has a passion for medicine, he should not apply for any of the fall-back courses. He should go for A-levels. A-levels will open up more opportunities for him to apply for mbbs. He can use his A-level result to apply for direct entry admission into MBBS. I am not too sure but I heard UI give preference to candidates with A-level to those with B.Sc. Also, with a good A-level result, he can apply for direct entry admission into MBBS in more than one school at the same time.

Furthermore, going for A-level will make him improve in O-level subjects. This will give him an added advantage if he decides to apply for mbbs through UTME next year. Don't be surprise, but I am sure most of the people that score high in UI PUTME are either university or polytechnic graduates or are through with their A-level studies.

So to me, your son is making the right decision by going for his A-level studies. A-level will give him at least two shots at MBBS next year - direct entry (in which he can apply for admission in as many universities as he desires) and UTME. And who knows, he might even get MBBs admission through direct entry, making him not to waste this year as direct entry candidates usually start at 200 level.

My humble opinion sir/ma.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by saha04: 10:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
Marc9: Ma'am, when ur kid was a baby, did he willingly drink his bitter medicine without being compelled?

Why wld U and he go thru all the troubles frm when u got d jamb form to when u brought him to sit for d test, only for u guys to dump all the efforts in a trash bin?! I mean, he stands a chance of gettn a fall back course, whch he cld use to gain knwldge and prepare himslf for anoda shot at MBBS in subsequent admission!

Ma'am, u're d boss! Take charge! Let him knw he'l definitely try again at MBBS next year! smiley

Thank you for your advice, I appreciate. Not that I can not put pressure on him to change to Vet but I was just looking at implication of forcing a child to do a course against his wish. However, I wish to know which will prepare him better for subsequent JAMB examination. Is it A levels or Vet ?

Kind Regards
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by saha04: 10:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
efe2real:

Sir/Ma. If your kid really has a passion for medicine, he should not apply for any of th fall-back courses. He should go for A-levels. A-levels will open up more opportunities for him to apply for mbbs. He can use his A-level result to apply for direct entry admission into MBBS. I am not too sure but I heard UI give preference to candidates with A-level to those with B.Sc. Also, with a good A-level result, he can apply for direct entry admission into MBBS in more than one school at the same time.

Furthermore, going for A-level will make him improve in O-level subjects. This will give him an added advantage if he decides to apply for mbbs through UTME next year. Don't be surprise, but I am sure most of the people that score high in UI PUTME are either university or polytechnic graduates or are through with their A-level studies.

So to me, your son is making the right decision by going for his A-level studies. A-level will give him at least two shots at MBBS next year - direct entry (in which he can apply for admission in as many universities as he desires) and UTME. And who knows, he might even get MBBs admission through direct entry, making him not to waste this year as direct entry candidates usually start at 200 level.

This is an eye opener? You mean one can apply to more than one University at a time with A levels? Would that be with one JAMB direct entry form or multiple? Also, I would appreciate if you could suggest a good school for the A levels.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 30, 2014
saha04:

This is an eye opener? You mean one can apply to more than one University at a time with A levels? Would that be with one JAMB direct entry form or multiple? Also, I would appreciate if you could suggest a good school for the A levels.
educational advancement centre
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Lexxybooy(m): 11:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
Gudnyt peeps! Doe sleeping &thinking and expecting a gud dream abt U.I admission thingz
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
saha04:

Thank you for your advice, I appreciate. Not that I can not put pressure on him to change to Vet but I was just looking at implication of forcing a child to do a course against his wish. However, I wish to know which will prepare him better for subsequent JAMB examination. Is it A levels or Vet ?

Kind Regards
I'l tel u a story. A gal wrote jamb last year and wanted mbbs in unilag, but was offered biology edu. She never wanted d fall back course, but was advised to take up d course. She eventually did. She later registered for jamb dis year, and scored higher dan last time. I can categorically tel u she's bn admitted for MBBS in Unilag, d same school she matriculated last year! She'l be goin for her registration next monday(1st sept).

1st of all, a student can re-matriculate in d same sch, bt surely nt d same dept! One has to be discreet abt it

2nd of all, I feel vet medicine wld give him d necessary exposure and insight, dan IJMB or any oda A'level wld!

My candid opinion tho! smiley

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Samgreguc(m): 11:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
kumpharm:

its nt classified but, when u get a distinction it wil b stated and u myt possibly b honoured as d case may be.
Though, jst heard today that UNIUYO do classify theirs bt, am yet to confirm it.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Barryquin(f): 11:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
Lexxybooy: Gudnyt peeps! Doe sleeping &thinking and expecting a gud dream abt U.I admission thingz
You changed ur course successfully yet lexxy?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by efe2real(m): 11:25pm On Aug 30, 2014
saha04:

Well, as at last year, you can apply for direct entry admission in more than one university. You just have to buy a separate direct entry form for each school. The reason for purchasing a seperate direct entry form for each school you apply for is that many schools consider only students that choose them as first choice. For example, if you want to apply for direct entry admission in UI, UNIBEN, and OAU, you will have to buy 3 JAMB direct entry forms: one for UI, one for UNIBEN, and one for OAU. With the recent introduction of biometrics into direct entry registration by JAMB, I don't know if it will still be possible to purchase more than one form. I will advise you to visit any JAMB office to inquire about the possibility of purchasing more than one direct entry forms.

As for schools that run good A-level programmes, I don't know any one. I think a poster above has suggested one. You just have to conduct your research.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Samgreguc(m): 11:29pm On Aug 30, 2014
sisiafrika: dunno about UI. But in OAU, a GI of 4.1 is distinction, for pharmacy of course. Your degree isn't 'Honours'(hons), its not classified.
Sisi, in my sku distinction is 4.5 o
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by adeoladrg(m): 11:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
Samgreguc:
its nt classified but, when u get a distinction it wil b stated and u myt possibly b honoured as d case may be.
Though, jst heard today that UNIUYO do classify theirs bt, am yet to confirm it.

It's a PCN directive. Pharmacy degree in Nigeria isn't classified.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by adeoladrg(m): 11:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
Samgreguc:
Sisi, in my sku distinction is 4.5 o

Same here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (680) (Reply)

2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. / UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread / University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.