Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Beijing 2008 Olympics - Football Event (Falcons) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Beijing 2008 Olympics - Football Event (Falcons) (3021 Views)

How Nigeria Won The 1996 Olympics Football Gold / Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Beijing 2008 Olympics Football Event: Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Football Event (Falcons) by Cristalz(f): 2:54pm On Aug 12, 2008
The GK was mostly terrible.She kinda reminded me of Lehmann grin Defence was too porous ; as in, the equalizer was a friggin' bicycle kick! And the second followed in like,5 seconds. What an embarrassing finish for the ladies.

Anyway,no wahala.We go sha go wave national flag for them for Murtala Muhammed Airport. grin
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Football Event (Falcons) by nuggard(m): 3:23pm On Aug 12, 2008
I thought they did ok. It was never a shock, like most things in life you get a reward proportional to your investment. I think our ROI is like 60%.

Well done falcons. wink
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Football Event (Falcons) by sleekstar: 9:58pm On Aug 12, 2008
I must say, I expected more from our girls. See link below for full story.

http://www.711football.com/index.php/news/full_news/1013
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Football Event (Falcons) by Fadajasi(m): 11:18pm On Aug 12, 2008
Pweew
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Football Event (Falcons) by Akolawole(m): 1:00am On Aug 13, 2008
I have become a laughing stock again from my friends who dont give a damn about female football.

I remmember those days in Ibadan when i watch their Qualification matches, they(my friends) always call me "Ashewo Oniranu" grin

I believe in the girls and i thought the only way they can compell our government to pump money into female footie is to perform in major competition.

I cannot figure out what is wrong.

Joseph Ladipo will not come to the field to play the ball.

I blame the girls but they still have a better result than our male in world footie. tongue

Unlimited African Champions grin grin grin and World cup Quarter finalist grin grin grin
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Football Event (Falcons) by WarfyBoy(m): 1:12am On Aug 13, 2008
Since the kick off, this is my first time of watching the super falcon, to my own point of view, i think if they are given the same attention like our super egos, then they will be able to trash Brazil, Brazil didnt do anything special today, The super falcons play all they can, fine dribbling, fine passess, i dont know why it doesnt always go well with them when playing outside of africa. God Have mercy on our past and make our future brighter

Chiejene is a gr8 player, i really admire her alot, she is calm, beautiful and humble, she did well today, uwak was gr8 also, the defense was gr8 also but just a little mistakes cost them those gooals

na so e dey be sha

Super Falcons!!!!!!!!!!! we sha fite another day
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Football Event (Falcons) by gidig(m): 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2008
Their match against Germany was the most painful cos they actually played very well and I felt they should have at least gottten a point from thee encounter. The Falcons' performance is the result of the absence of any discernible sports plan. Two ladies that should have made the team are currently receiving treatment in germany after more than one year of being abandoned and their case was turned into a crusade of some sort by sports people.
These girls dont get a fraction of the kind of support and attention that the people they comepete against get.If the clueless people who ahve been rewarded with sport for their political patronage, they should know that it is easier for the Falcons to win the femmale world cup for Affica than the male team. See the way they played the world champions1

As per the goal scoring problem, even the male team is suffering from the same problem. I think it has to do with the football culture we imbibed.It is focused on showmanship rather then the act of scoring goals.An Average Nigerian footballer does something skillful on the pitch and it gets into his head. See how our Male team goalkeeper gave the USA a penalty. People said it was loss of concentration.NO! The guy just wanted to show off and it backfired. watch the way our footballers move around on the pitch and compare it with the more businesslike manner of the Europeans.When they get to the front of the keeper and need to make a decision, they freeze.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Football Event (Falcons) by DrKitaun(m): 6:53pm On Aug 13, 2008
Warfy Boy:

Since the kick off, this is my first time of watching the super falcon, to my own point of view, i think if they are given the same attention like our super egos, then they will be able to trash Brazil, Brazil didnt do anything special today, The super falcons play all they can, fine dribbling, fine passess, i don't know why it doesnt always go well with them when playing outside of africa. God Have mercy on our past and make our future brighter

[b]Chiejene is a great player
, i really admire her alot, she is calm, beautiful and humble, she did well today, uwak was great also, the defense was great also but just a little mistakes cost them those gooals

na so e dey be sha

Super Falcons!!!!!!!!!!! we sha fite another day[/b]

is one good game enough to label a player great ?  shocked

moreso, who told you that the Falcons havent disappointed themselves . . . .they had all the support jare !  embarassed
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Football Event (Falcons) by Fadajasi(m): 8:01pm On Aug 13, 2008
Let facons just continue winning the women afcon

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Of Michael Eneramo / Former Arsenal Player, Ian Wright Wears Nigerian Senator's Outfit / Free Urgent 1k On Ilot App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.