Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,303 members, 7,846,352 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

My Take On Sovereign National Conference - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On Sovereign National Conference (479 Views)

Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year / Musiwa 194 Eminent North Elders Support You On Sovereign National Conference / Jonathan Rules Out Sovereign National Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Take On Sovereign National Conference by prov1029(m): 5:11pm On Dec 31, 2013
in my opinion and i do not know if anyone would support me. I would like us to have a thread just for this sovereign national conference because they claim we will be represented if though invitation is extended to few. So being that this great forum has been used has led to national debates, i am of the opinion that we open a thread to gather people's opinion.
For example, My take would be
1) removal of immunity from public holders.
2) police reforms
3) prosecution of individuals involved in election rigging with heavy prison sentences, this will largely reduce rigging.
4) removal of Environmental sanitation
5) duplication of duties of FRSC, VIO, NIGERIAN CIVIL DEFENCE, MAN O WAR. Can you imagin they all have commanders with fat salaries yet they cannot fire a single weapon against terror attacks.
6) remove monarchs. i still do not know thier relevance to government

I want Nigerians to be able to charge or sue public office holders to court. So many things have to change. Nigeria is the only place the government will send out police and army as their thugs. In civilized countries its an offence for the police or any service person to strike a civilian because our taxes take care of them. Instead a policeman strikes a person in traffic and people find it hilarious.
Till date FRSC blames accident on commuters and not the nature of the roads. .
Highways aren't built with proper road signs or quality tarr. whne can we sue Fashola's administration for having a drainage open and it led to an accident.
After all the taxes we pay, still we perfomr environmental sanitation. and nigerians are not waking up to see this stupididty.
I was in texas and walked into a mall only to have the governor of Texas walke by me. He had only 3 body guards. i walked outside and saw he had only an entourage of two cars without siren.
Recently the FBI arrested a Mayor involved in money laundering.
House speaker John boehner was in a cafe having breakfast with only 6 body guards. and in front of his apartment (i said apartment not house so he pays rent) a peaceful protest was staged for immigration reform without police brutality.
During government shutdown, i saw protest in front of the whitehouse asking for the impeachmentof the president yet no response. instead our leaders say rubbish lthat we have no respect for elders as if it was respect that put them there and not votes.
I wish not to compare us with other countries but since we want to copy the US in federalism, then we should go ahead and copy the good side.

Please an addition would be appreciated becuase i believe i am still ignorant of certain things and would like tonuse this medium to learn of peopl's opinion
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Visits New Year Baby In Abuja / What We Should Know.. / Jackson: Femi Fani-kayode Can Not Win On His Street Or Local Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.