Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,448 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Hostgator, Bluehost & Hostmonster Provo Data Center Network Outage - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Hostgator, Bluehost & Hostmonster Provo Data Center Network Outage (7605 Views)

Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? / How Reliable Is Greengeeks, Bluehost, Inmotionhosting and Atlantic VPS? / Wow! This Sounds Too Good To Be True. "bluehost", Who Has Hosted With Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hostgator, Bluehost & Hostmonster Provo Data Center Network Outage by ose431: 8:21pm On Jan 02, 2014
Jst realised GGMUB means God Go Make U Bigger! Yay!! grin... Happy New Year though
Re: Hostgator, Bluehost & Hostmonster Provo Data Center Network Outage by Echatbook: 2:01am On Jan 03, 2014
yemdeb: Naija hosting companies are just some piece of ****. They bleep up big time. That those mentioned host companies had service outage is just one in a million time. Their services are top notch.
I personally host all my websites with hostgator and I never had cause to panic. I already learnt my lesson with naija host resellers. For those that want to host with hostgator, you can use these coupon codes:

For 1cent host in first month use simplygator994
For 25% off your hosting fee, use simplygator25

I dont know when the coupon will expire though. That's wat I used when hosting my domains.

nice try guy thats your affiliate code why do you need to lie to promote it bad man
Re: Hostgator, Bluehost & Hostmonster Provo Data Center Network Outage by Youngzedd(m): 3:50pm On Jan 03, 2014
Echatbook:

nice try guy thats your affiliate code why do you need to lie to promote it bad man

Affiliate code shocked shocked shocked
Re: Hostgator, Bluehost & Hostmonster Provo Data Center Network Outage by PVICT: 10:51pm On Jan 03, 2014
Get FREE web and domain hosting. Visit www.000webhost.com/752349.html to sign up with them today and get ur website ready.
Re: Hostgator, Bluehost & Hostmonster Provo Data Center Network Outage by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 03, 2014
Echatbook:

That's the problem with people. You have info and you give it out free, they tag you cheap and call you names. You attach a price to it, they call you names and tell you to give the info free or go to hell. Yes I know the codes are affiliate codes and I don't give a damn whoever owns it as long as I use it and it saved me some bucks. It's a win for me and a win for the code owner. It was not forced down your throat, so if you don't want it just ignore it. Mind you, the codes are not mine, if they are, nothing stops me from declaring it dude.
Re: Hostgator, Bluehost & Hostmonster Provo Data Center Network Outage by internetpo(m): 10:33am On Jan 10, 2014
@ Spikes C n Youngzedd.

You make it sound as if all Nigerian hosting companies are bad. Come on man, whats wrong being a reseller. Should one host a server here in Nigeria? wit wat infrastructure? Is it wrong if I own a server abroad?

Abeg leave wetin dem write 4 moto enter moto jor. Not all Nigerian host are bad, not all foreign are great. perfection doesn' t belong to anyone. I like the personalized service from local hosts. smiley
Re: Hostgator, Bluehost & Hostmonster Provo Data Center Network Outage by spikesC(m): 7:07pm On Jan 10, 2014
internetpo: @ Spikes C n Youngzedd.

You make it sound as if all Nigerian hosting companies are bad. Come on man, whats wrong being a reseller. Should one host a server here in Nigeria? wit wat infrastructure? Is it wrong if I own a server abroad?

Abeg leave wetin dem write 4 moto enter moto jor. Not all Nigerian host are bad, not all foreign are great. perfection doesn' t belong to anyone. I like the personalized service from local hosts. smiley

Pls don't get me wrong, but based on experiences, i can never use a reseller.
Not because of bad service but features. There're so many benefits you get from using a company which has a physical access to their servers.
Guaranteed 99.9% uptime, i can tell you.

For Nigerian hosting providers, their main problem is lack of service ethics, professionalism and technology intellect.

Some don't even know what service/package they have installed on their server.
All their knowledge-base articles are all copy and paste.

And they can't install custom PEAR packages for me, if i need it. That's a big no no.
Re: Hostgator, Bluehost & Hostmonster Provo Data Center Network Outage by mutago: 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2014
A beg una don finish naija hosting company. Eee what about
9jahoster.com and vbhostnet.com. are they good.
Re: Hostgator, Bluehost & Hostmonster Provo Data Center Network Outage by internetpo(m): 9:59pm On Jan 10, 2014
Spikes C: For Nigerian hosting providers, their
main problem is lack of service ethics,
professionalism and technology
intellect.' eah.
Spikes C: For Nigerian hosting providers, their
main problem is lack of service ethics,
professionalism and technology
intellect.' eah.
Yeah, you have a point there but in my yrs of sojourn online, I av come across the same scenerio and from so called 'expert' foreign hosts n the more annoying is their billing is aggressive, they'll charge ur card even when you have issues or cancel. Part of the reason I set up shop.

You seem to be an advanced user of hosting products and resources, so I guess foreign hosts serve you. Hope the costs is not outrageous. So you dont go pennywise pound foolish

@ Mutago. Yeah. I guess they are ok. They bin in business for a while.
Re: Hostgator, Bluehost & Hostmonster Provo Data Center Network Outage by spikesC(m): 11:36pm On Jan 10, 2014
internetpo: Yeah, you have a point there but in my yrs of sojourn online, I av come across the same scenerio and from so called 'expert' foreign hosts n the more annoying is their billing is aggressive, they'll charge ur card even when you have issues or cancel. Part of the reason I set up shop.

You seem to be an advanced user of hosting products and resources, so I guess foreign hosts serve you. Hope the costs is not outrageous. So you dont go pennywise pound foolish

Ofcourse, foreign hosting companies are not exempt from this. Just that ours is the worst i've ever seen.
One of my clients use ipage, and i've been suffering for it. Files get deleted, databases vanishes etc. etc.

The billing is the worst of it all grin

I am a web developer, so i have to be versatile with servers.
Not all foreign hosts can serve me oo. They still have a bunch of shiiits in their environment.
The cost is quite ok, considering the services been provided wink

I still have faith in our Local resellers. But finding one which the admin knows the technicalities involved is a 1 in a million chance

(1) (2) (Reply)

Google Celebrates Special Olympics World Cup Games With A Doodle / Do You Need Money To Become A Successful Blogger? / 10 Reasons Your Website Gets No Visitors (and What To Do About It)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.