Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,658 members, 7,955,376 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:09 AM

Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! (4939 Views)

Nigeria Economics Loses To Politics As Buhari Takes Naira Stand – Bloomberg / Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. / Mike Okiro, From Police To Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by superstar1(m): 10:34am On Jan 01, 2014
M
Ngwakwe: Is the Amalgamation still legal, if yes then let's work toward abolishing State of Origin for State of Resident in the forth coming National Conference to unite the citizens of Nigeria as one people where we will be judged by the content of our character and be rewarded by our contribution to the country and humanity at large.

We will never allow state of residence to fly. I even trust Hausas and middle belters on that.

Some people cannot be using wayo to be stylishly distancing themselves from their region, all in the name of state of residence. All over the world, state of origin is used except America canada and Australia , that never had a sizeable number of indigenes. They are all98% settlers. There is no land n Africa without indigenes.

So, state of residence is dead on arrival.

It will never see the light of day by the special grace of God.

4 Likes

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Brimmie(m): 10:35am On Jan 01, 2014
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by superstar1(m): 10:38am On Jan 01, 2014
ilugunboy: Happy New year Nigerians and friends of Nigeria....

I think the Mods should treat all talk of Biafra either in Foreign or ethnic section. No more Biafra gracing the Political section.

No more entertainment of Biafra in politics section.

The bias nature of Afam4eva should also be addressed. If he cannot do his job without being biased, he should be moved to romance section.

Wishing us all a more robust informative and educative political debate in 2014

1 Like

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by cashkid18(m): 10:57am On Jan 01, 2014
happy new year to u all cheesy
i was here incase it makes fp
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by 99100(m): 10:58am On Jan 01, 2014
Demdem: Surely 2014 is a year of more knocks for Jonathan. He is yet to be cured from his stupidity in governance. All hope isn't lost yet.
Demdem promises to triple his effort this year.
Effort in futility abi?
@topic,Happy new year to every one in the house.
#Team fresh air #is ready for the year.
Bring it on!
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Ngwakwe: 10:59am On Jan 01, 2014
The only atonement left for the blood of million Nigerians wasted in the 1967 - 1970 Nigerian Civil War is to strike out State of Origin and be replaced with State of Residence for Peace, Love, Unity and Progress.

If this is not done, the Spirits of dead Soldiers from both side of the divide will be possessing our leaders at the centre to continually ruin this country irrespective of who is elected.

On a second thought, it may be the spirits of the dead soldiers and innocent civilians that are responsible for all these missing Oil money.

You know naw. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

superstar1:

We will never allow state of residence to fly. I even trust Hausas and middle belters on that.

Some people cannot be using wayo to be stylishly distancing themselves from their region, all in the name of state of residence. All over the world, state of origin is used except America canada and Australia , that never had indigenes. They are all98% settlers. There is no land n Africa without indigenes.

So, state of residence is dead on arrival.

It will never see the light of day by the special grace of God.

1 Like

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Tolexander: 11:17am On Jan 01, 2014
ilugunboy:

As long as there is still some agitation for the state of Biafra....there will be reasons to include where you are from in your documents.

Nigeria is not USA...USA is a settler country...Nigeria is not.
exactly!

Many people will just come here to tell us we should adopt what they practise in US not taking the different historical values of the 2 nations into consideration!

If you wanna give us a reason for something to be done in nigeria, then go straight to cite your reasons and not telling us cos it worked in the US, then it will definitely work here.

1 Like

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Tolexander: 11:20am On Jan 01, 2014
Ngwakwe: The only atonement left for the blood of million Nigerians wasted in the 1967 - 1970 Nigerian Civil War is to strike out State of Origin and be replaced with State of Residence for Peace, Love, Unity and Progress.

If this is not done, the Spirits of dead Soldiers from both side of the divide will be possessing our leaders at the centre to continually ruin this country irrespective of who is elected.

On a second thought, it may be the spirits of the dead soldiers and innocent civilians that are responsible for all these missing Oil money.

na wetin this deeper life church member dey talk now?
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by tomakint: 11:25am On Jan 01, 2014
Nice thread there OAM4J, I wish all Nairalanders (especially folks at the Politics section) a blissful and a prosperous 2014 wink wink kiss kiss this is a thread all active members of this hot section must register their presence cool
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by superstar1(m): 11:33am On Jan 01, 2014
Ngwakwe: The only atonement left for the blood of million Nigerians wasted in the 1967 - 1970 Nigerian Civil War is to strike out State of Origin and be replaced with State of Residence for Peace, Love, Unity and Progress.

grin grin grin grin grin

We have enough pastors, prophets and imams to arrest the spirits nah and bind them into the pacific ocean, not Atlantic ooo. The waves and tides of the Atlantic ocean can wash those spirits ashore again, so we need to send them to another ocean.

State of residence will lead to more rancour and bloodshed. I can assure you. We are Africans and we are very tribe and land conscious. Even in Europe, is the same.

I hope there will be more mutual respect in this coming year and less mudslinging between APc and PDP, Pro and Anti-GEJ, Yorubas and Igbos, North vs South etc.

The mutual respect will lead to more robust debate. This we are looking forward to.

OAM4J well done.

Afam4eva should make a new year resolution of solemnly pledging to God not to be biased this year. If he cannot do that, he should be dumped in the romance section. We will look at his trend again for 60days. If he does not repent, I can only assure him, we will call for his head till he sees reasons to stop being biased.

1 Like

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by superstar1(m): 11:38am On Jan 01, 2014
tomakint: Nice thread there OAM4J, I wish all Nairalanders (especially folks at the Politics section) a blissful and a prosperous 2014 wink wink kiss kiss this is a thread all active members of this hot section must register their presence cool

Happy new year bro. Let's forget our end of year fight of last year.

We both saw the new year. Hallelujah. grin wink cheesy

One luv.

3 Likes

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 01, 2014

Wat a crap. Mr Man, state of Origin STAYS. Forget your state of resident poo.

I'm a Proud Rivers Man irrespective of where I live and wouldn't want to trade it for any other place. So be proud of yours

1 Like

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 01, 2014
@OP: Happy New Year to you all.

My take for 2014:
1) GEJ will be further alienated by political heavyweights.
2)The National Conference may end up being a ruse due to selfishness.
3) PDP will lose control of NASS to APC courtesy defection.
4)Aregbe will win Osun. I can't explicitly say who will win Ekiti.
5)The PDP will be further divided after primaries.
6)Tukur will remain chairman.

HAPPY GLORIOUS NEW YEAR TO ALL

PS: I started the Year with a job offer from a Maritime Servicing Coy. PRAISE D LORD WITH ME

2 Likes

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 01, 2014
barcanista: Wat a crap. Mr Man, state of Origin STAYS. Forget your state of resident poo.

I'm a Proud Rivers Man irrespective of where I live and wouldn't want to trade it for any other place. So be proud of yours

They know nobody is particularly keen on claiming origin of any Ibo states...but they are overtly covetous of other people's land.

Their forefathers brought us this mess of unitary government when they lost out in the deadly power play in 1966....their children are still preaching the same useless thing....when we should be talking of regionalism and federalism in it truest form.

3 Likes

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by OAM4J: 2:43pm On Jan 01, 2014
Seun:
Happy new year bro. Thanks for your good work.

Thanks Admin!

Thanks everyone!

Enough of Amalgamation, Biafra and State of origin/residence discussion for now.

Lets focus our discussion on[b] Politics Section in 2014[/b].

I welcome your your suggestions, ideas of what you want see in this section this year, things you want us to watch out for, and mistakes to avoid as we go into this critical political year
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by tomakint: 3:13pm On Jan 01, 2014
superstar1:

Happy new year bro. Let's forget our end of year fight of last year.

We both saw the new year. Hallelujah. grin wink cheesy

One luv.
No probs bruv, the past is behind us, we now have a new slate to write on.......let's keep the one love kickin wink
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Ngwakwe: 4:03pm On Jan 01, 2014
Then I suggest you create Analysts Zone with restricted membership for Non Emotional, less egocentric and polite Members ready to discuss Politics within the ambit of available facts and less of personal opinion rather with citation and references.

The motto should be; If you can't prove it with verifiable facts and figures, don't comment.

Slightest insult or derogatory words result in permanent lost of posting privilege.

OAM4J:

Thanks Admin!

Thanks everyone!

Enough of Amalgamation, Biafra and State of origin/residence discussion for now.

Lets focus our discussion on[b] Politics Section in 2014[/b].

I welcome your your suggestions, ideas of what you want see in this section this year, things you want us to watch out for, and mistakes to avoid as we go into this critical political year

1 Like

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by IKEMBANNEWI: 6:21pm On Jan 01, 2014
Happy new year ya all. @ OAM4J, could you kindly unban my original handle https://www.nairaland.com/nnewi1stson which was banned by sexkillz till march. I already stopped being a bigot even before Moses parted the red sea! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 01, 2014
I want to use this opportunity to thank all nairalanding members of politics section. I want to retairate that political brouhaha in nigeria wil increase in 2014 morethan 2013 but after all tension nigeria wil stil remain as 1 indivisible country with pdp jonathan at the helm of affairs.
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Italiano1: 10:51pm On Jan 01, 2014
Ngwakwe:

[s]Is the Amalgamation still legal, if yes then let's work toward abolishing State of Origin for State of Resident in the forth coming National Conference to unite the citizens of Nigeria as one people where we will be judged by the content of our character and be rewarded by our contribution to the country and humanity at large.[/s]

This proposal is not only unworkable and impracticable but it is simply delusional!

Migration is unevenly tilted towards sections of the Nigerian nation; essentially- for example, as long we have quadruple the amount of Ibos in the SW than Yorubas in the SE, that idea becomes not only unfair but redundant.

5 Likes

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by SonOfEl(m): 10:03am On Jan 02, 2014
happy new year to all my NL friends and foes. I love you all. One love ndigbo! One love nigeria!
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by solacec4t(f): 2:03pm On Jan 02, 2014
Happy New Year to NL Political crew

wat are our expectations from our politicians this year?
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by gramci: 6:34pm On Jan 02, 2014
Demdem: Surely 2014 is a year of more knocks for Jonathan. He is yet to be cured from his stupidity in governance. All hope isn't lost yet.
Demdem promises to triple his effort this year.

Dummydummy, 2014 na Fire for Fire cheesy
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by Demdem(m): 12:11am On Jan 03, 2014
gramci:

Dummydummy, 2014 na Fire for Fire cheesy

Gramdaft, u will surely be disgraced this year as usual.

1 Like

Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by meracool(m): 12:20am On Jan 03, 2014
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by ak47mann(m): 1:05am On Jan 03, 2014
2014 here we come cool
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by ifyalways(f): 4:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
Happy new year to my Musiwa. Look at it this way dear-we most make it this yearly. Ase cool
Re: Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! by MRL1MPoPoTM: 1:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
Cheers to every Tom, Dick and Harry cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The 6 Gladiators In The APC!! Who Picks the Vice-Presidential Ticket? / Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? / See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.