Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. (34191 Views)

Nigeria Economics Loses To Politics As Buhari Takes Naira Stand – Bloomberg / President Buhari With Abike Dabiri-Erewa (Photos) / Abike Dabiri-erewa Blast NBC On Radio Biafra Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 06, 2014
BREAKING!!!! ABIKE DABIRI BOWS OUT OF CONTESTING FOR 4TH TERM

Dabiri-Erewa, who has, impressively and meritoriously served for three terms, has a distaste for political sit-tight syndrome. She has consistently distinguished herself as a virtuous woman and a respected government functionary, thus, her decision to vacate the seat for other people to take the reins. According to reliable sources, having paid her dues, Dabiri-Erewa believes it is time to give other people the opportunity to serve as well.

Dabiri-Erewa, 52, is a third term member of the House of Representatives at the National Assembly. This confers on her, the status of the most prominent female politician in Lagos State, and one of the most prominent politicians in Nigeria today. There is no doubting the fact that Dabiri-Erewa has paid her dues, proven her worth and done Nigeria proud. She is charismatic, cosmopolitan, polished and eloquent. And she is one of the few Nigerians with acceptable global presence. As the Chairman, House Committee on Diaspora Affair, Dabiri-Erewa is known to have the widest network of Nigerians in the diaspora.
Dabiri-Erewa fondly called "Mother Teresa of the tube" prides herself in her outstanding career as a broadcaster. She spent 15 years of distinguished and meritorious service at the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA). While in NTA she gained a strong understanding of the industry because of her dedication, inquisitiveness and professionalism. She anchored the weekly NTA Newsline programme to the delight of millions of Nigerians, irrespective of their tribe or religion. Dabiri-Erewa wormed her way into the hearts of many with her gallantry efforts of using television as an effective tool to draw attention to the millions of Nigerians suffering from the pains of poverty and injustice. Her

commitment and passionate dedication to duty while working on several heart touching Newsline stories stood her out and endeared her to many. Her display of bravery while investigating the story of little Mary, the miracle baby for eight years, remains indelible in the minds of many Nigerians.
A firm believer in the importance of service to humanity, Dabiri-Erewa voluntarily retired from the services of the NTA to contest as a member of the House of Representative and swept the poll with a landslide victory in 2003. Ever since then, she has distinguished herself by working tirelessly. Dabiri-Erewa undertakes a lot of important bills, defends the interest of her party most vociferously and has a strong passion for service.
A wife and mother of two, she has continued to play her motherly role in her constituency, Lagos, Nigeria and APC. Her constituency benefited from several projects implemented under her leaderahip which includes free eye test and cataract surgery, empowerment programs, cash donation to widows, water schemes, boreholes, electrification, training scholarship scheme for indigent youths and better health care services. Her achievements and qualities are indeed worthy of emulation. The sterling amazon builds her principles on the unwavering philosophy that success is not about age, it is not about character, it is not about how much you have in your account but how many lives you touch.

Abeke Olabode at 10:23
SOURCE:http://theelitesnigeria..in/2014/12/breaking-abike-dabiri-erewa-bows-out.html?m=1

13 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by PentiumPro(f): 10:29pm On Dec 06, 2014
A potential running mate to Ambode? Being a female from Ikorodu and a Muslim, that may balance the ticket perfectly.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by rebranded(m): 10:32pm On Dec 06, 2014
Deputy Governor Lagos State!

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by donphilopus: 10:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
PentiumPro:
A potential running mate to Ambode? Being a female from Ikorodu and a Muslim, that may balance the ticket perfectly.

I concur with this!

9 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by superstar1(m): 10:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
A rare and highly commendable act.

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by politricks: 10:53pm On Dec 06, 2014
One of the few women i like after Dora Akunyili.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by Alphaoscar: 11:02pm On Dec 06, 2014
I hope its a call for higher service. One of the best in her generation. Another product of Jagaban political empire.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by ProfessorPeter(m): 11:05pm On Dec 06, 2014
She's a good product but from a bad shop.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 06, 2014
Alphaoscar:
I hope its a call for higher service. One of the best in her generation. Another product of Jagaban political empire.

Some people will rather be blind to that obvious statement

Tinubu knows how to head hunt individuals with very outstanding pedigree......PDP on the other hand will never have allowed people like Abike to shine were she a member

56 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by courage54(m): 11:11pm On Dec 06, 2014
These are the kind of sound minds you find in APC such as Dabiri, Fashola, Prof Pat Utomi, Oshiomle, Dr Fayemi, Ambode, Amosun, Ajimobi, Tambuwa, Aregbesola, Oshiomole and the host of others. These individuals have distinguish themselves in their various way not like the PDP were u find ex-convicts, drug barons, looters of our national wealth, and murderers. This is the main reason I love this party call APC

God bless Nigeria
God bless Niger-delta

Sai Buhari

141 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 06, 2014
Deputy Governor or a Commissioner slot won't be a bad idea for Abike. Though I'd like the present deputy governor to function in same position under Ambode

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by Alphaoscar: 11:35pm On Dec 06, 2014
soroptimist:

Some people will rather be blind to that obvious statement

Tinubu knows how to head hunt individuals with very outstanding pedigree......PDP on the other hand will never have allowed people like Abike to shine were she a member

PDP is like Chelsea, they kill and destroy players with huge potential. if na lie, ask Ribadu.

29 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 06, 2014
Tinubu wants her seat for one of his family members

7 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by Alphaoscar: 11:39pm On Dec 06, 2014
barcanista:
Deputy Governor or a Commissioner slot won't be a bad idea for Abike. Though I'd like the present deputy governor to function in same position under Ambode

I was thinking maybe she will be used as the deputy to Ambode but with the withdrawal of the current deputy Governor from the senatorial seat which may mean her return to the deputy governorship post with ambode.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by OCTAVO: 11:49pm On Dec 06, 2014
She really tried.
Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by Trailblazer1(m): 11:54pm On Dec 06, 2014
Good for politics

Only if its not a political stunt or a means to another end.
Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 07, 2014
Alphaoscar:

PDP is like Chelsea, they kill and destroy players with huge potential. if na lie, ask Ribadu.

From the grapevine,it seems Ribadu might be given the PDP Guber ticket

The PDP hierarchy on the orders of the Presidency have commanded the Primaries to be held in Abuja where i believe the delegates will be close-marked to deliver a Presidency backed candidate

They are jittery the Governor Bala Ngilari might get the delegates to vote for him and should that happen,it will be difficult to ask him to let go of the ticket for someone else
Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 07, 2014
barcanista:

The present Deputy Governor has tried and should go and rest too

She has been in the cabinet since the time of Tinubu as a Commissioner for Women's Affair in 2003

She was almost going for the Lagos West Senatorial ticket relinquished by GOS before she was told to step down

Abike though if considered for the Deputy Gov slot will bring a lot of panache to the seat......it is high time the Deputy Gov of Lagos become visible too

I have started imagining her having a Deputy Gov debate with the opponents......She will murder them

18 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 07, 2014
Alphaoscar:

I was thinking maybe she will be used as the deputy to Ambode but with the withdrawal of the current deputy Governor from the senatorial seat which may mean her return to the deputy governorship post with ambode.
If the Deputy is to run with Ambode then Abike should be penciled down for a Special Advisory or Commissionership role or a role in one of the Departments and Agencies. Lagos Wesr should go to Obafemi Hamzat as a compensation(My Opinion)

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 07, 2014
soroptimist:

The present Deputy Governor has tried and should go and rest too

She has been in the cabinet since the time of Tinubu as a Commissioner for Women's Affair in 2003

She was almost going for the Lagos West Senatorial ticket relinquished by GOS before she was told to step down

Abike though if considered for the Deputy Gov slot will bring a lot of panache to the seat......it is high time the Deputy Gov of Lagos become visible too

I have started imagining her having a Deputy Gov debate with the opponents......She will murder them
Abike may be considered for a role in any of the MDAs
Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by laimo(m): 12:32am On Dec 07, 2014
I just love APC. Very competent heads. Unlike pdp with confusionists,known murderers,clueless,jailbirds,looters,drugbarons,etc.

21 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by bashydemy(m): 12:57am On Dec 07, 2014
What a good move, You see such a decent politicians in APC.

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by Nobody: 1:14am On Dec 07, 2014
barcanista:
If the Deputy is to run with Ambode then Abike should be penciled down for a Special Advisory or Commissionership role or a role in one of the Departments and Agencies. Lagos Wesr should go to Obafemi Hamzat as a compensation(My Opinion)

As at today only two contestants have signified interest in the Lagos West Senatorial seat apart from Joke Orelope-Adefulire who stepped down

Elder Enoch Ajiboso and Chief Demola Seriki.......

Though i learnt from the grapevine that GOS has reached out to the party if he can be given the ticket to go back to the Senate
Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by james669: 1:16am On Dec 07, 2014
good
Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by Iroh88(m): 1:24am On Dec 07, 2014
courage54:
These are the kind of sound minds you find in APC such as Dabiri, Fashola, Prof Pat Utomi, Oshiomle, Dr Fayemi, Ambode, Amosun, Ajimobi, Tambuwa, Aregbesola, Oshiomole and the host of others. These individuals have distinguish themselves in their various way not like the PDP were u find ex-convicts, drug barons, looters of our national wealth, and murderers. This is the main reason I love this party called APC

God bless Nigeria
God bless Niger-delta

Sai Buhari
cool
Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by mastertunji(m): 1:25am On Dec 07, 2014
though Abike is from Ikorodu, d same zone with Ambode, I think she is among d best 2 be deputy governor. A charismatic & hardworking woman. Any time u see her, u see seriousness in her. Also loyal & beloved 2 her pple

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by bewla(m): 3:14am On Dec 07, 2014
PentiumPro:
o boy u sharp o how come u just surf am like that no more headeck for jagaban
Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by Nobody: 5:17am On Dec 07, 2014
barcanista:
She's definitely too big to be a commissioner. But the Deputy Governor position would suit her, and she could be the next Governor after Ambode.

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by smsshola(m): 6:48am On Dec 07, 2014
Abike best of luck....jus pray d lord lead right.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:53am On Dec 07, 2014
courage54:
These are the kind of sound minds you find in APC such as Dabiri, Fashola, Prof Pat Utomi, Oshiomle, Dr Fayemi, Ambode, Amosun, Ajimobi, Tambuwa, Aregbesola, Oshiomole and the host of others. These individuals have distinguish themselves in their various way not like the PDP were u find ex-convicts, drug barons, looters of our national wealth, and murderers. This is the main reason I love this party call APC

God bless Nigeria
God bless Niger-delta

Sai Buhari
grin grin grin You made my day.........meanwhile please what is PDP? cos in Bethlehem where I reside we don't know PDP

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dambe: A Game Of Relaxation For The Northerners In Obalende - Photos / Tinubu Waves At His Supporters At Eagles Square, Abuja (Video)) / Photos Of People Running Away From The Scene Of Bomb Blast In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.