Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works (10592 Views)

Godwin Onyekachi Okpocha's Art Works (Basket Mouth's Brother) / My Brother's Art Works (pics) / New Strokes From Centje And Bro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 01, 2014
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1493957_tmp_Sober_reflection_on_beautiful_nigeria_100_resized_12041737298_jpg5b93fa021f85d8a4cfc71e62eceeda49

The painting is titled 'sober reflection on beautiful nigeria. it's about a inward reflection on a resourceful country, nigeria, at 100 years. it's about nigeria despite her beautiful and hardworking children has not been able to take her rightful place as gaint of africa and top countries of the world.
we keep making good policies, initiatives, good agenda, visions (including the current vision 2020) yet we've got nothing strong enough to fire up the spirit of patriotism. the only thing that comes close is our achievements in sports, specifically football.

In the painting...the female figure, the flower patterns, and the color combinations symbolizes a beautiful mother; nigeria, and our nigerian colour; green-white-green.
To the right of the female figure, in the background, is the map of nigeria. And in the center of the map is a 100...turned around like this '001' and artistically twisted (two circles and a red stick). notice a drop of fluid from the lower end of the 'red stick'...this reprents oil, our major source of revenue. One of the circles (the central one) looks like an eye or lens representing our various visions ( including vision 2020). Then below the circles are different color patterns portraying beautiful people of nigeria from different tribes who are forever hoping for a better nigeria.
At the top right is a colour pattern symbolising our flag (green-white-green). our flag is one of the things I love about this country, very simple and beatiful, good colour combination. I duff my punk for the person that designed it.
Finally, the female figure, nigeria, mother of many children is eyes closed...in sober reflection on nigeria @100 years.

'sober reflection on beautiful nigeria'
oil on canvas
70cm × 90cm

17 Likes

Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 01, 2014

4 Likes

Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 01, 2014

2 Likes

Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 01, 2014

1 Like

Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 01, 2014

3 Likes

Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by Archmage(m): 4:32pm On Jan 01, 2014
Following

1 Like

Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 01, 2014
Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by OKX(m): 5:36pm On Jan 01, 2014
@centje
nice...however, u just robbed me of d freedom to interpret the artwork in my own way (with ur detailed explanation)
i dunno if dats a good thing or not. wink

nice works
Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 01, 2014
OKX: @centje
nice...however, u just robbed me of d freedom to interpret the artwork in my own way (with ur detailed explanation)
i dunno if dats a good thing or not. wink

nice works
lol cheesy...thanks, I decided to explain it 'cause people who saw the painting here appreciated more after the explanation. again its 1st jan 2014, 100 years comes to mind. so I did better explain it to fit the season. smiley
Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by firestar(f): 7:42pm On Jan 01, 2014
...!

1 Like

Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by brushstrokes(f): 8:54pm On Jan 01, 2014
Beautiful smiley

1 Like

Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 01, 2014
brush_strokes: Beautiful smiley
thanks luv kiss
firestar: ...!

fire star, say something...you guys gave me and still give me inspiration. by the way its been long.... smiley
Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by beecrofty(m): 11:07pm On Jan 02, 2014
@centje

Do you sell your work? How do I contact you?
Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 03, 2014
beecrofty: @centje

Do you sell your work? How do I contact you?
yeah, i do. Contact: 2ab49981
Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by AleshKeem(m): 2:59pm On Jan 03, 2014
Hmm...you are 100% awesome :-)

2 Likes

Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 03, 2014
Alesh Keem: Hmm...you are 100% awesome :-)
this's motivational. Thanks dear!

1 Like

Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by olorunthobby(f): 8:35pm On Jan 05, 2014
---
Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by ibitomisi: 8:37pm On Jan 05, 2014
fun!
Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by BUSHHUNTER: 8:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
centje: www.nairaland.com/attachments/1493957_tmp_Sober_reflection_on_beautiful_nigeria_100_resized_12041737298_jpg5b93fa021f85d8a4cfc71e62eceeda49

The painting is titled 'sober reflection on beautiful nigeria. it's about a inward reflection on a resourceful country, nigeria, at 100 years. it's about nigeria despite her beautiful and hardworking children has not been able to take her rightful place as gaint of africa and top countries of the world.
we keep making good policies, initiatives, good agenda, visions (including the current vision 2020) yet we've got nothing strong enough to fire up the spirit of patriotism. the only thing that comes close is our achievements in sports, specifically football.

In the painting...the female figure, the flower patterns, and the color combinations symbolizes a beautiful mother; nigeria, and our nigerian colour; green-white-green.
To the right of the female figure, in the background, is the map of nigeria. And in the center of the map is a 100...turned around like this '001' and artistically twisted (two circles and a red stick). notice a drop of fluid from the lower end of the 'red stick'...this reprents oil, our major source of revenue. One of the circles (the central one) looks like an eye or lens representing our various visions ( including vision 2020). Then below the circles are different color patterns portraying beautiful people of nigeria from different tribes who are forever hoping for a better nigeria.
At the top right is a colour pattern symbolising our flag (green-white-green). our flag is one of the things I love about this country, very simple and beatiful, good colour combination. I duff my punk for the person that designed it.
Finally, the female figure, nigeria, mother of many children is eyes closed...in sober reflection on nigeria @100 years.

'sober reflection on beautiful nigeria'
oil on canvas
70cm × 90cm

ok
Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by Willgates(m): 8:43pm On Jan 05, 2014
Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by Bright4(m): 8:44pm On Jan 05, 2014
pls how can i contact u 4more transactions?
Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
Bright...:
pls how can i contact u 4more transactions?
here's my mail: wwcentj@gmail.com
Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
Thanks erad and other moderators for placing this on front page.
please i need your professional opinion, criticism, and recommendation.
Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
I love such, centje. Please continue with your good work. Totally in love with your drawings and paintings especially the first one because of its beauty and significance.
Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 05, 2014
centje: 'love of music'
oil + gum on canvas
70cm × 90cm
(strokes done with pallete knife)

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1493962_tmp_Love_of_music_resized1569670185_jpgbdcaadadd7e668e265296c94e3d14098

palm wine taper
oil on canvas
70cm × 90cm

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1493998_tmp_1388526712230_resized-392254018_jpg4b90dd2021a342395b34e369d56887d2[/img]
Your paintings are fine but most of your drawings are wrong especially this man riding a bicycle. His eye level can not go higher than the doors and windows of those houses no matter how far the buildings are unless they are on a hill. From your mid line or vp I can see the houses are not on a hill but flat ground. You can verify what I'm saying by snapping this same scene with a camera. It is better to draw from a picture than to draw from imagination, the rules to follow while drawing from imagination are too much but using a picture will guide you. Even the great masters like donatello, caravaggio, da Vici, Michaelangelo and even picasso despite his non realistic approach mostly worked from images. It is obvious you have a lot to learn and it seems you want to make a living of art, then I advise you go back to learn how to draw.

I hope this was as constructive as possible and you don't see it as me trying to ruin you. The SNA is one big professional family and I think we should help each other.

I am not a master, neither have I held a brush since 2008 but remember whatever is worth doing is worth doing well. The things I said above are some of the things that separate us trained artist from those that are just gifted without training.

I wish you the best but I can not buy any of your works I have seen because whenever I look at them, I can't get to their intrinsic value without being obstructed by technical defects.

2 Likes

Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
Do Nigerians appreciate art works? I haven't seen any art piece purchased at exorbitant price as a masterpiece. That is shameful of the people.
Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 05, 2014
centje: 'love of music'
oil + gum on canvas
70cm × 90cm
(strokes done with pallete knife)

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1493962_tmp_Love_of_music_resized1569670185_jpgbdcaadadd7e668e265296c94e3d14098

palm wine taper
oil on canvas
70cm × 90cm

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1493998_tmp_1388526712230_resized-392254018_jpg4b90dd2021a342395b34e369d56887d2[/img]
Your paintings are fine but most of your drawings are wrong especially this man riding a bicycle. His eye level can not go higher than the doors and windows of those houses no matter how far the buildings are unless they are on a hill. From your mid line or vp I can see the houses are not on a hill but flat ground. You can verify what I'm saying by snapping this same scene with a camera. It is better to draw from a picture than to draw from imagination, the rules to follow while drawing from imagination are too much but using a picture will guide you. Even the great masters like donatello, caravaggio, da Vici, Michaelangelo and even picasso despite his non realistic approach mostly worked from images. It is obvious you have a lot to learn and it seems you want to make a living of art, then I advise you go back to learn how to draw.

I hope this was as constructive as possible and you don't see it as me trying to ruin you. The SNA is one big professional family and I think we should help each other.

I am not a master, neither have I held a brush since 2008 but remember whatever is worth doing is worth doing well. The things I said above are some of the things that separate us trained artist from those that are just gifted without training.

I wish you the best but I can not buy any of your works I have seen because whenever I look at them, I can't get to their intrinsic value without being obstructed by technical defects. Like my lecturer once said 'artist of nowadays like practising non realistic art forms of expression to hide their defects'. Truth is, it is only when you practise true abstract forms of expression that you can hide drawing defects anything aside that exposes you.

Master realism my friend, learn to produce picture perfect paintings or drawings before branching off into other non realistic forms of art expression. Ben enwonwu, Bruce Onobrakpeya and their power clique didn't just get there despite their non realistic work, go and search for their works with realism and you will be amazed.
Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 05, 2014

1 Like

Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 05, 2014
babe_online: I love such, centje. Please continue with your good work. Totally in love with your drawings and paintings especially the first one because of its beauty and significance.
thanks dear!
Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
Thanks @blink182. I appreciate your points.
Re: My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works by dasparrow: 9:44pm On Jan 05, 2014
@Post

Very beautiful artwork. Keep it up!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Killer Tips For Logo Design / Etisalat Lagosphoto Photography Competition For Students And Professionals / Creative Drawings Of Nigerian Celebrities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.