Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,233 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) (7344 Views)

Fashola Commissions Cardiac And Renal Centre. Pics / Gen. Buhari, Gov Amaechi And El-rufai At Rivers Heath Centre (pics) / Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by HAVIJ: 10:34am On Jan 02, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Do you realize how many thousands of jobs will be created by the building of this project and afterwards?

Very Correct
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 02, 2014
Ogun state is no mans land we are the one that developed oguncheesycheesy
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by Dhelake: 11:04am On Jan 02, 2014
geeez:

Well said and that's the essence of the DAWN programme

However, Mimiko seems to see it as an APC agenda to capture Ondo State

The more we begin to focus on the people and development, the better we will become

I think Kwara state should also participate in the DAWN arrangement.

This is one of the reasons I crave for regional autonomy

Like Dr. Sola said, the unitary system under the military slowed down the SW

A regional system of government will move the SW even faster than it is advancing today
God Bless you
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by Dhelake: 11:05am On Jan 02, 2014
This just made my day.... Read this.. and am happy for my dear state
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by FACE(m): 12:37pm On Jan 02, 2014
I have keen interest in property development and my observation is that big dreams and audacious moves attract very big investments and very big bucks. There are a lot of keen developers waiting to copy, out do and scramble for a piece of the cake once a precedence has been set.

I think this is a bold move and to achieve it; they need to take their time to study and implement their blue print. This will require robust planning and building control laws and enforcement. All they need to do is to create the layout, provide functional water system (sewer inclusive) and electricity, put up one or two bold structures to make a statement of intent and "investors panic" (no one wants to be left behind) will set in and the private sector will do the rest.

He who dares; wins !
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by ketoprofen(m): 12:56pm On Jan 02, 2014
Yomieluv: Another giant stride,and who says SW aint the leader of all other region.

What are u ppl even talking abt?
Are u saying other states don't have large buildings that house diff companies and institutions in one?
Its not a bad idea, if u ask me but all these SW leading other region ish shd be thrown away.
The point is that for once, SW states shd accomplish all the plans it has been announcing for once.
I wouldn't be surprised if I get to see another thread of some of ur numerous political plans that only exist on paper.
Shebi Abeokuta be Ogun capital?
lemme not say anything

6 Likes

Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by skyfall: 1:55pm On Jan 02, 2014
The little good news that come out of Nigeria are usually from the SW. That says a lot. Thumbs up to the SW governors and people.

3 Likes

Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by aventura: 2:31pm On Jan 02, 2014
Notice how the thread was hijacked by the Igbo poster who meant no harm. Tribalism is the primary evil in the Nigerian fabric.
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by ketoprofen(m): 8:16pm On Jan 02, 2014
aventura: Notice how the thread was hijacked by the Igbo poster who meant no harm. Tribalism is the primary evil in the Nigerian fabric.

Help me out
CFC is Igbo, am not sure Rossike is Yoruba, but the yorubas here, out of inferiority kept spewing trash over a project Dem Neva start
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by oluwashaddow(m): 8:30pm On Jan 02, 2014
skyfall: The little good news that come out of Nigeria are usually from the SW. That says a lot. Thumbs up to the SW governors and people.
this is why you see most foreigners who cum to Nigeria thinks Nigeria is only abt the yorubas, u even see dem trying to speak yoruba n some of dem even learn it before cumin

1 Like

Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 02, 2014
stal: Yorubas are known for their foresight. That is why all other tribes cannot stay in their states. They simply gravitate to where hope resides. Yorubas are the hope of Nigeria.
u think only yorubas have foresight and make proposals, u are wrong, most other state have made such proposal b4 ogun state, so dnt get too excited
www.nairaland.com/785262/tallest-tower-africa-coming-imo
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by ketoprofen(m): 1:10pm On Jan 03, 2014
oluwashaddow: this is why you see most foreigners who cum to Nigeria thinks Nigeria is only abt the yorubas, u even see dem trying to speak yoruba n some of dem even learn it before cumin

for where?
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 03, 2014
ketoprofen:

for where?

I don't think all white people coming to Nigeria think, its all about Yoruba,
but there are actually many coming into the country primarily to learn the language.

And of course the first point of call to all foreigners to Nigeria is mostly south west Nigeria.

Just saying.
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by texanomaly(f): 5:48pm On Jan 03, 2014
django1:

I don't think all white people coming to Nigeria think, its all about Yoruba,
but there are actually many coming into the country primarily to learn the language.

And of course the first point of call to all foreigners to Nigeria is mostly south west Nigeria.

Just saying.

How many white people are even aware there are different tribes in Nigeria? To be honest, I was not aware tribalism existed till coming to NL. I knew two Nigerian families before I knew NL existed. I discovered one was Yoruba. I researched the language because of this fact. I know the other family is mixed tribally. I have no idea what those tribes are. I had no idea there was so much hostility between the different tribes till coming here. I have to wonder if this hostility is as strong in real life, or is it just easier to voice this kind of opinion on a faceless forum than face to face in civilized society?
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by docsholz(m): 6:21pm On Jan 03, 2014
texanomaly:

How many white people are even aware there are different tribes in Nigeria? To be honest, I was not aware tribalism existed till coming to NL. I knew two Nigerian families before I knew NL existed. I discovered one was Yoruba. I researched the language because of this fact. I know the other family is mixed tribally. I have no idea what those tribes are. I had no idea there was so much hostility between the different tribes till coming here. I have to wonder if this hostility is as strong in real life, or is it just easier to voice this kind of opinion on a faceless forum than face to face in civilized society?
You're right, most won't dare say it face to face, in fact they probably have friends from other tribes
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by ketoprofen(m): 7:24pm On Jan 03, 2014
texanomaly:

pls, help me out.
They think white ppl are that jobless
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by texanomaly(f): 8:12pm On Jan 03, 2014
oluwashaddow: this is why you see most foreigners who cum to Nigeria thinks Nigeria is only abt the yorubas, u even see dem trying to speak yoruba n some of dem even learn it before cumin

Most foreigners, if they have even heard of Nigeria, don't know anything about the indigenous tribes. As a mater of fact, many think Africa is a country. smh. I knew there was a country called Nigeria. I did not know of the different tribes.
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 03, 2014
texanomaly:

Most foreigners, if they have even heard of Nigeria, don't know anything about the indigenous tribes. As a mater of fact, many think Africa is a country. smh. I knew there was a country called Nigeria. I did not know of the different tribes.

Lmao @ "Africa is a country" grin
Thats what Sarah Palin believed when she was running for the US vice presidency grin
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 03, 2014
texanomaly:

That poster exaggerated but he's actually stating something factual.

Search this name on YouTube. "Titilayo oyibo". You'll get an idea of what he's saying. There is a Yoruba course in the US and the students come to Ibadan for a month or so after already learning the language to mix with locals.

..,.......................................................………………………………
There is a strong mistrust between the major ethnic groups in Nigeria, although most of the time its restricted to the elite/political class but generally most people have one or two stereotypes about other people no matter how liberal there outlook might be in life.
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by texanomaly(f): 10:59pm On Jan 03, 2014
django1:

Search this name on YouTube. "Titilayo oyibo". You'll get an idea of what he's saying. There is a Yoruba course in the US and the students come to Ibadan for a month or so after already learning the language to mix with locals.

There is a strong mistrust between the major ethnic groups in Nigeria, although most of the time its restricted to the elite/political class but generally most people have one or two stereotypes about other people no matter how liberal there outlook might be in life.

The bolded is true everywhere.

I have seen the Titilayo oyibo videos.
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by MrAboki: 11:04pm On Jan 03, 2014
60 Sky Scrappers for what exactly? grin

I think the Government needs to ban Amala and Ewedu soup.. grin I suspect that food has some element of hallucinogens in it.. grin
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 04, 2014
Mr Aboki: 60 Sky Scrappers for what exactly? grin

I think the Government needs to ban Amala and Ewedu soup.. grin I suspect that food has some element of hallucinogens in it.. grin

It's a 60-floor skyscraper, not 60 skyscrapers.
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by manny4life(m): 12:28am On Jan 04, 2014
doc sholz: You're right, most won't dare say it face to face, in fact they probably have friends from other tribes

Including myself, a good friend of mine is Yoruba. Fortunately, the hatred on here hasn't clouded my judgement, almost all my church members are Yoruba, notwithstanding though, it doesn't change the attitude of an average Yoruba person. Though he spent more than 2/3rd of his life in the U.S., his behavior is persistent with the "usual" Yoruba man attitude...Please don't ask me because I sure don't wanna ride him out but believe me, I tell him like it is.
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by manny4life(m): 12:32am On Jan 04, 2014
CFCfan:

Lmao @ "Africa is a country" grin
Thats what Sarah Palin believed when she was running for the US vice presidency grin

She's a classic example of POOR KNOWLEDGE and EDUCATION, resultant factor of Republicans cutting education funding, more reasons why Republicans shouldn't come close to White House, or even be the majority in either of both houses on Capitol Hill.
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by 9jagirl4re(f): 12:48am On Jan 04, 2014
CFCfan: Ogun is gradually positioning itself as a viable alternative business/residential hub, apart from Lagos. This will hopefully decongest Lagos.
Yes the indigents of Ogun State migrating back from Lagos will give the Lagos government an opportunity to deport Ogun state slum dwellers home and renovate the whole Lagos mosquito village into a sanitized and organized shoreline. I wish them good luck in 2014 may the best state win most development next year this time.
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by Ikengawo: 1:38am On Jan 04, 2014
A lack of world class facilities is what keeps development out of a lot of Nigerian cities. How can you have someone graduate out of school, with their earning potential, and ask them to live in a lot of the market slums that we call cities in Nigeria? It's impossible, people don't work hard to suffer like that for no reason. If this project will actually happen, my hat is off to Abeokuta because lord knows the city is in sever lack of facilities of a world class. As an easterner I know that this was a key development goal stated when all our governors met; the increase of world class facilities to bring back world class igbos, I can only hope that the GRA's Enugu, Anambra, Abia and Imo are building will be of true standard and not just 'good for Nigeria' because most educated nigerians can compete toe to toe with the best in London and New York and will have no problem moving there to do so.
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by ketoprofen(m): 7:41am On Jan 04, 2014
django1:

Guy, go and sit down.
White ppl don't think that rubbish
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by simpleseyi: 10:40am On Jan 04, 2014
I am an Ogun state indigene and I love the project. We are turning Ogun state to Dubai. But, is this what we need now? I am not sure.
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by adeoba2008(m): 3:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
Ise ya joo. Amosun nse bebe....
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by NoreenUG(f): 3:51pm On Sep 24, 2016
LOL!
Re: Proposed Abeokuta City Centre (pics) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 24, 2016
Ikengawo:
A lack of world class facilities is what keeps development out of a lot of Nigerian cities. How can you have someone graduate out of school, with their earning potential, and ask them to live in a lot of the market slums that we call cities in Nigeria? It's impossible, people don't work hard to suffer like that for no reason. If this project will actually happen, my hat is off to Abeokuta because lord knows the city is in sever lack of facilities of a world class. As an easterner I know that this was a key development goal stated when all our governors met; the increase of world class facilities to bring back world class igbos, I can only hope that the GRA's Enugu, Anambra, Abia and Imo are building will be of true standard and not just 'good for Nigeria' because most educated nigerians can compete toe to toe with the best in London and New York and will have no problem moving there to do so.
that would be a game changer if its truly actualised.Nigerias problem is that most of such projects never see the dawn.their has been some improvement in infrastructure back east.This crop of governers are promising for now.when did this governors meeting take place?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Federal Government Employs 350 Ex-militants / Ekiti LG Elections: APC Wins All 16 Chairmanship Seats / Court Dismisses Suit Against Rotimi Akeredolu, Says Case Is Statute Barred

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.