Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) (8306 Views)

Fashola Hands Over To Ambode Today- Photos / Fashola Hands Over 200 Vehicles To Law Enforcment. Pictures. / Fashola Commissions Cardiac And Renal Centre. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by EkoIle1: 7:17pm On Feb 16, 2011

Press Releases

Fashola Hands Over Mushin Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre
…Says 13,422 men, women have so far been trained through them

Feb 15, 2011 - Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola on Tuesday handed over the 17th Skills Acquisition and Vocational Centre in the State located at Mushin, revealing that the State has so far trained about 13,422 men and women.

Governor Fashola who spoke at the official commissioning of the Mushin Skill Acquisition Centre said from Amuwo Odofin, Badagry, Egan, Egbeda and Ejigbo, through Eredo, Iba, Ibeju Leki, Igbooye, Ikorodu and Kosofe to Lagos Island, Shibiri in Ojo, Surulere and Agege, the State has continually turned out thousands of young men and women with productive skills with which they are putting food on thousands of tables and contributing to the economy of the State.

The Governor said apart from the sustained support which the State gives to the ordinary people, Government has evolved a people oriented policy of facilitating training for the young people to acquire skills and granting them access to credit to start their own businesses, Government has also created a database for them to establish their location and for them to relate with themselves through the compilation and publication of the Lagos State Business Directory which is similar to "Yellow Pages".

He said beyond all the support for ordinary people, the State has evolved a people oriented policy of patronizing the local manufacturers and entrepreneurs over the foreign producers.

He recalled that the 2010 Lagos Carnival is a clear testimony of the practice as the over 93, 000 pieces of costumes used for the carnival that could have been imported much cheaper was commissioned for local production.

He stressed that the decision to site skill acquisition centres in different parts of the state was part of the administration's resolve to encourage young people to acquire vocational skills and create an avenue to make money and sustain themselves.

Governor Fashola expressed his worry at the recent policy shift by the Federal Government which allows importation of furniture, toothpick, textiles and vehicles of 15 years into the country.

He described the step as an economic tragedy for the nation which is not defensible and called for its reversal.

Governor Fashola stressed that the frenzy of importation has killed the local economy leading to high rate of unemployment and noting that smuggling could be tamed by well structured security mechanisms rather than throwing the flood gates open of goods to all sorts.

"This policy decision is not the answer to the problem of smuggling. The answer to the problem of smuggling lies rather in a methodical and multi-dimensional response. It includes the strengthening of the Customs through technology such as scanners, to improving the local productive capacity of our people and reducing dependence on imports and its attraction", he added.

He said if the Federal Government reverses the policy on importation and concentrate on stimulating the growth of the local industry through accelerated electricity supply, "our freight forwarders, our customs and our ports will become busier from a positive reversal of fortunes that is driven by an export oriented economy rather than an import driven economy".

He urged the people to vote massively for all the candidates of the Action Congress of Nigeria in Lagos because it is the only party that can deliver the goods which is very visible for everyone to see.

He urged the people of Lagos State not to give the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) any chance to rule in any part of the country anymore, adding that it is a party that is rebranding on a vision that is giving Nigerians insecurity and inflicting a nightmare on the people.

Earlier, the Commissioner for Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation (WAPA), Mrs. Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire, said the location of the centre in Mushin is informed by the administration's policy of tackling poverty and women empowerment at the grassroots.

She said the numerous skill acquisition programmes of the Ministry has offered diverse opportunities to all classes of Lagosians to learn various vocations after which they are provided with needed capital and conducive environment to start practicing their trade.

Mrs Orelope-Adefulire said that so far, over 60,000 grassroots women and youths have been trained in year 2010 alone through the Acquisition centres.

In his welcome address, the Chairman of Mushin Local Government, Mr Babatunde Adepitan said the construction of the Skills Acquisition Centre in Mushin at that particular spot is another miracle of the century which could be better compared to what happened at Oshodi.

He said as a responsible Government the Council received the gift with both hands and has complimented the efforts of the State by immediately constructing all the roads leading to the centre.

In a message of solidarity Commissioner for Environment, Dr Muiz Banire who is also an indigene of the area commended Governor Babatunde Fashola and his team for a job well done in transforming Lagos State.

He said the site of the project was hitherto a major security risk for the residents of the area just as it also constituted an environmental disaster spot, saying through the resourcefulness of the present administration, it has been transformed.

The ceremony was attended by the Deputy Governor, Princess Sarah Adebisi Sosan, members of the State Executive Council, members of the National Assembly and State Assembly representing Mushin and political leaders as well as enthusiastic residents of the area who trooped out to receive the Governor witness the event.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by seanet02: 7:25pm On Feb 16, 2011
We knew you will always deliver, carry on my governor. Can you please lets take you in OGUN at least on Part time because our governance is in Abeyance
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by EkoIle1: 9:52pm On Feb 16, 2011
I wonder why we normally don't see all the negative people in posts like this,

I guess it's not negative enough for them,

1 Like

Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by blacksta(m): 10:04pm On Feb 16, 2011
Lagos for sure

abeg make BRF build something like this for Oworo.

Correct dividends of democracy.

Is GEJ telling us we cant make toothpicks for the all Nigeria in one of this centers
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by reporter1: 12:05am On Feb 17, 2011
Eko Ile:

Of course they thrive on negativity!
BTW,  do you work for Lagos State or you just love your State this much? Either way, your dedication is commendable.
Thanks for the news.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by EkoIle1: 12:21am On Feb 17, 2011
reporter?:

Of course they thrive on negativity!
BTW,  do you work for Lagos State or you just love your State this much? Either way, your dedication is commendable.
Thanks for the news.

Thanks.

I don't work for Lagos state or any entity in Lagos state, I'm just a proud and happy Lagosian and I follow my state, the leaders and what's going on within the Great State Of Lagos. Negativity is a sign of so many things from apathy to insecurity, sadism and negative outlook on life.

A lot of people don't have anything god going on in their respective states and they lash out by criticizing others

Running around criticizing anything and everything is the only way a lot of narrow minded people get attention.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by Jenifa1: 3:40am On Feb 17, 2011
this is cool.

Governor Fashola expressed his worry at the recent policy shift by the Federal Government which allows importation of furniture, toothpick, textiles and vehicles of 15 years into the country.

He described the step as an economic tragedy for the nation which is not defensible and called for its reversal.

Governor Fashola stressed that the frenzy of importation has killed the local economy leading to high rate of unemployment and noting that smuggling could be tamed by well structured security mechanisms rather than throwing the flood gates open of goods to all sorts.

couldn't have said it better!!!
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by Kobojunkie: 3:46am On Feb 17, 2011
oooh!!! free woodshop classes . . . I definitely know where I am spending my summer this year!
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by texazzpete(m): 8:16am On Feb 17, 2011
Eko Ile:

Typical sycophant! Constructive criticism has now turned into 'negativity'. Yet we wonder why Nigeria is still struggling.

This is a decent move by Fashola.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by ekubear1: 9:07am On Feb 17, 2011
seanet02:

We knew you will always deliver, carry on my governor. Can you please lets take you in OGUN at least on Part time because our governance is in Abeyance
grin
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by EzeUche2(m): 9:14am On Feb 17, 2011
Sometimes I wonder about these Nigerian politicians though. . . Fashola is doing a "good" job with all these social improvement projects that he is doing around Lagos, but could this all be a charade. I ask the same question for Amaechi of Rivers State and Sullivan Chime of Enugu State.

I remain always skeptical of politicians in general.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by yemmight(m): 9:15am On Feb 17, 2011
This is what rascals are capable of doing. I have not seen any single benefit that uncivilised fisherman has done to this country.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by ekubear1: 9:19am On Feb 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

oooh!!! free woodshop classes . . . I definitely know where I am spending my summer this year!

You raise a good point. Dude seems to be investing in training people in practical skills. Probably a better investment than the new federal universities, truth be told undecided
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by Kobojunkie: 9:21am On Feb 17, 2011
^^^ I don't know about that one at all.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 17, 2011
Well done to Fashola and his government. These are the shining lights of Nigerian civilization. These are the torch bearers of our wondrous capacities.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by jason123: 12:13pm On Feb 17, 2011
Well done!!!
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by EkoIle1: 2:34pm On Feb 17, 2011
texazzpete:

Typical sycophant! Constructive criticism has now turned into 'negativity'. Yet we wonder why Nigeria is still struggling.

Lies and constructive criticism are not the same.

Anyways, don't let guilty conscience kill you. You'll get another opportunity to spread your lies and hate and regurgitate your negativism.

Btw, do you even know the meaning of sycophant?
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by ifyalways(f): 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2011
Laudable. . .hope it wont be a shadow/deserted in the next 3 yrs,all 'em computers and stuffs grow wings and disappear over night;our major problem is maintenance and continuity  undecided
I pray some of them kids at Alakara Juvenile center wud benefit from this rather than wasting at the home.  sad
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by EkoIle1: 3:02pm On Feb 17, 2011
So far so good with 20,000 graduates and micro finance loans to enter the entrepreneurship world and start controlling their own destinies.

There's no better way to empower people than giving them skills and opportunity to provide for themselves, their families and the society via employing other people and paying taxes to allow the government to keep building facilities like skills centers.

This is the 17th skill center and I hope at the end of the day, every local government in Lagos state will have one.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by Jenifa1: 9:20pm On Feb 17, 2011
texazzpete:

Constructive criticism has now turned into 'negativity'. Yet we wonder why Nigeria is still struggling.

I agree. we should praise what we see is good. but we also should not hesitate to criticize when we see something wrong.
we are all looking out for the best for Nigeria that's all.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by EkoIle1: 11:24pm On Feb 17, 2011
Jenifa_:

I agree. we should praise what we see is good. but we also should not hesitate to criticize when we see something wrong.

You people need to get that rubbish out of here. Who are you fooling?

We all know the meaning of constructive criticism and it's definitely not lies peddling.

Criticize with real facts and credible knowledge about what you are criticizing, not ignorance and stupidity.

What is so constructive about lying and maliciously accusing a man for saving another man's life with his own money?

Bunch of backward re/tards,
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by Kobojunkie: 11:25pm On Feb 17, 2011
Jenifa_:

i concur
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by fstranger3(m): 11:40pm On Feb 17, 2011
eku_bear:

You raise a good point. Dude seems to be investing in training people in practical skills. [s]Probably a better investment than the new federal universities, truth be told[/s] undecided

I am sure you did not mean that

thats the sort of thing you'd expect from Kobojunkie, not normal people like you.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by dayokanu(m): 12:18am On Feb 18, 2011
ifyalways:

Laudable. . .hope it wont be a shadow/deserted in the next 3 yrs,all 'em computers and stuffs grow wings and disappear over night;our major problem is maintenance and continuity undecided
I pray some of them kids at Alakara Juvenile center wud benefit from this rather than wasting at the home. sad

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Why be say na only bad bad places you sabi, I never see you talk about Silverbird, Palms or better shopping malls Na only Alakara, Afonka Police Station, Tolu Police station, Empire ashi joint, Area F, Kuramo Igbo joints, Eleweiran and Kirikiri you dey always know

I SMH vigorously
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by ekubear1: 12:19am On Feb 18, 2011
fstranger3:

I am sure you did not mean that

thats the sort of thing you'd expect from Kobojunkie, not normal people like you.

Kobojunkie is pro advanced education for the masses. I'm not. I'm more interesting in practical skills, not useless booklarnin'
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by Kobojunkie: 1:14am On Feb 18, 2011
dayokanu:

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Why be say na only bad bad places you sabi, I never see you talk about[b] Silverbird, Palms or better shopping malls[/b] Na only Alakara, Afonka Police Station, Tolu Police station, Empire ashi joint, Area F, Kuramo Igbo joints, Eleweiran and Kirikiri you dey always know

I SMH vigorously

Did you grow up only in VI, Palms, better shopping malls, etc? Even Tejuosho sef . .  you look on side, na tejuosho, you look the other na another story completely back then . . . Some of us grew up during a time when you felt almost on the same level as those who live in london . . . and then you watched all that go to the dogs because the majority were slipping throiugh and no one was helping. People care now about people and they want to make sure everyone, especially those that it will likely benefit more, will get access to the better life.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by dayokanu(m): 1:17am On Feb 18, 2011
Did you know Kingway stores? In the 80's on Sunday my uncle who lived on Isaac John used to take us to lagos COuntry Club and Sheraton then
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by fstranger3(m): 1:19am On Feb 18, 2011
WHen I was young, my uncle used to take me to church, may be that is why I turned out better cheesy
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by Jenifa1: 1:19am On Feb 18, 2011
eku_bear:

Kobojunkie is pro advanced education for the masses. I'm not. I'm more interesting in practical skills, not useless booklarnin'

why are you being apologetic. why do you care so much what he thinks about you?
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by fstranger3(m): 1:22am On Feb 18, 2011
May be because I am honest,, and a person of integrity

I also care much about Nigeria

And I am not someone who just wants to feeel among

It could also be because he has connections to Nigeria and his impression of Latvians isnt that great?

And he doesnt care about you because you've been exposed as a scammer that you truly are

I know, I have done a lotta damage to your business. But it is for your own good, and in the words of nomoreloss from Ehen Part 1, "try change small"

Just saying!
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by dayokanu(m): 1:23am On Feb 18, 2011
fstranger3:

WHen I was young, my uncle used to take me to EMPIRE ASHI JOINT, may be that is why I turned out better cheesy

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fashola Hands Over Mushin (17th) Skills Acquisition And Vocational Centre (pics) by Kobojunkie: 1:30am On Feb 18, 2011
dayokanu:

Did you know Kingway stores? In the 80's on Sunday my uncle who lived on Isaac John  used to take us to lagos COuntry Club and Sheraton then

I even remember Leventis . . . . ROFLMAO!!!

I never lived in those areas though. I lived down in some of the dumpy type areas.

Yes, we see the flashy places in Lagos but the majority live in the non-flashy, no leventis/silverbird/flashy-cars-around-the-corner Lagos.   lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play / 2018 Party Primaries Among The Worst In Nigeria – INEC Chairman / FEC Approves N58.4 Billion To Construct Bridge Linking Niger And Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.