Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? (1750 Views)

Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character / The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. / Can You Determine The Gender Of Your Child Before Conceiving? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 02, 2014
The choice of who to marry can be a daunting task. The situation becomes even more difficult if one's love interest lives far away.

Social media, especially Facebook, is increasingly being used to judge people's character.

My question is this: Does a lady's posts, comments, likes, pokes, etc. on social media reflect her true character or not?
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by Dannylux: 12:05pm On Jan 02, 2014
No, try having a private conversation with such persons.

Be the judge.
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by Woged2005(f): 3:11pm On Jan 02, 2014
It can only give you a clue of her state of mind but not her true character. State of mind as in: You can deduce her value system from posts she shows interest in, whether she's materialistic by her likes & links she follows, her quality education through her command of English/written communication skills in her comments/posts, nature of her job through her colleagues who mention their work in their posts, family background by following friends in her list who are listed as her family members. Most of what you will know about her will be through friends in her list not directly from her. Many people post fake or air-brushed pics, and fill up post with bible quotations to form righteous but in real life they are full-time 'runs girls'. However, 'runs girls' will have other 'naughty girls' in their friend's list (birds of the same feather). So pay close attention to her friends' posts and pics.

No serious person marries on social media. You can only meet people there, then take it outside and date in person for at least 6 months - 1yr before even talking about marriage. Only a fool will fall in love with a shadow & propose to a computer program. Social media is only a computer program projecting a shadow of images and character!

5 Likes

Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by benedicta0(f): 4:44pm On Jan 02, 2014
Most of the people in social media pretend to be what they are not lipsrsealed Especially in Facebook, putting on their new and best clothes just to create an impression. When you see them in reality, they are opposite of what they showcase in social media.
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by tpia5: 5:25pm On Jan 02, 2014
yes.

but only if you know what to look for.
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 03, 2014
Woged2005: It can only give you a clue of her state of mind but not her true character. State of mind as in: You can deduce her value system from posts she shows interest in, whether she's materialistic by her likes & links she follows, her quality education through her command of English/written communication skills in her comments/posts, nature of her job through her colleagues who mention their work in their posts, family background by following friends in her list who are listed as her family members. Most of what you will know about her will be through friends in her list not directly from her. Many people post fake or air-brushed pics, and fill up post with bible quotations to form righteous but in real life they are full-time 'runs girls'. However, 'runs girls' will have other 'naughty girls' in their friend's list (birds of the same feather). So pay close attention to her friends' posts and pics.

No serious person marries on social media. You can only meet people there, then take it outside and date in person for at least 6 months - 1yr before even talking about marriage. Only a fool will fall in love with a shadow & propose to a computer program. Social media is only a computer program projecting a shadow of images and character!

Very nice post. I guess it's a case of show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by Tallotti: 12:30am On Jan 03, 2014
Sometimes yes. . . . Sometimes no!
People with hidden agendas can be very deceptive. kiss

Like those who come online to PHOCK or MARRY!!!! grin
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by Nobody: 1:15am On Jan 03, 2014
Tallotti: Sometimes yes. . . . Sometimes no!
People with hidden agendas can be very deceptive. kiss

Like those who come online to PHOCK or MARRY!!!! grin

Exactly what I was going to say. Those with ulterior motives like hooking up are probably more likely to be fake.

If anyone has anything to hide, what better avenue to do so than an online relationship. If you end up with a good and compatible person, it's mostly luck as far as I'm concerned.

1 Like

Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by shizzle11(m): 10:31am On Jan 03, 2014
To a good extent
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by shizzle11(m): 10:33am On Jan 03, 2014
tpia@:
yes.

but only if you know what to look for.
Sensible
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by ifyalways(f): 12:16pm On Jan 03, 2014
Hehehehe cheesy

Wait until you meet and interact with them offline . . .your inner and outer eyes go open and shine pass police own. shocked cheesy
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
ifyalways: Hehehehe cheesy

Wait until you meet and interact with them offline . . .your inner and outer eyes go open and shine pass police own. shocked cheesy

I'm surprised you're not in support of your female kind. smiley
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by mgbeketoto: 5:48pm On Jan 03, 2014
ileobatojo:

Exactly what I was going to say. Those with ulterior motives like hooking up are probably more likely to be fake.

If anyone has anything to hide, what better avenue to do so than an online relationship. If you end up with a good and compatible person, it's mostly luck as far as I'm concerned.

Gbam!
The reason some people PASS polygraph exams and tests despite being PATHOLOGICAL LIARS!!!! kiss
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by slimyem: 5:55pm On Jan 03, 2014
NO!!!
Its actually a no-brainer.

You would be deceiving yourself to think that. A lot people are far from what their write, especially online.
What other place is there to be someone that you are not?
If you really want to know anyone,simply take it outside www.
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 03, 2014
smurfy:

I'm surprised you're not in support of your female kind. smiley
Is the topic only meant for the female kind undecided
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 03, 2014
Chillisauce:
Is the topic only meant for the female kind undecided

Er, not really. I truly don't know if ladies check men out that much on social media.

I do know however that men don't tend to make things up like their female counterparts.
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 03, 2014
smurfy:

Er, not really. I truly don't know if ladies check men out that much on social media.

I do know however that men don't tend to make things up like their female counterparts.

You think so?
So who are those yahoo yahoo people on Facebook with female pictures.
Even on nairaland here.

1 Like

Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 03, 2014
Chillisauce:

You think so?
Even on nairaland here.

Very true.
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 03, 2014
That's how they stole a girls picture in nairaland, sending Pm to supposed guys to add her.
They added thinking they were chatting up the, hot babe. Not knowing it's their fellow guy.

Girl found out and reported to admin.
Everyone should be careful Sha.

1 Like

Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2014
Chillisauce:

You think so?
Even on nairaland here.

Methinks yahoo boys are in it for the money. Others are in it for the fun of it - gf and stuff - but nothing really serious.
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 03, 2014
smurfy:

Methinks yahoo boys are in it for the money. Others are in it for the fun of it - gf and stuff - but nothing really serious.

You think it's not serious? When they claim to own MMIA only to scam their so called potential brides off their money then disappear.

1 Like

Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 03, 2014
No.

You can never ever determine ones true character via social media especially facebook except you meet them in person.
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 04, 2014
Chillisauce:

You think it's not serious? When they claim to own MMIA only to scam their so called potential brides off their money then disappear.
Not only that. How about men who use the internet mainly to rape ladies and also steal valuables and money? Just to get free forced Sex.I have heard many stories of unfortunate ladies. A lady had to sleep in a car park at night after escaping a rape attempt. Just imagine the way ladies endanger their lives by embarking on long distances to meet a total stranger. Have we forgotten what happened to cynthia so soon? What men even commit online is even Worse!! Goodluck to those who still depend on Online dating.

As for the character of ladies depicted online, have u forgotten females have PHD in Pretence not to talk of depicting fake Online personalities? Any man who isnt sensible enough to wait and meet a lady face to face to observe her properly, should be prepared for whatever shit he gets himself in. At times i wonder how people can claim to fall in love with a ghost they have not seen. I mean, how is that ever possible when Deceit is imminent and we do not have supernatural powers to read minds of people?

1 Like

Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 15, 2014
faakay: No.

You can never ever determine ones true character via social media especially facebook except you meet them in person.

This may not be totally true. We reveal a bit of our character everywhere we go, whether it's online or offline. A bit here and and a bit there. They all count for something you know.
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 15, 2014
Chillisauce: That's how they stole a girls picture in nairaland, sending Pm to supposed guys to add her.
They added thinking they were chatting up the, hot babe. Not knowing it's their fellow guy.

Girl found out and reported to admin.
Everyone should be careful Sha.

shocked shocked shocked

and how did you know all this shocked
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 15, 2014
kulyie: shocked shocked shocked

and how did you know all this shocked

How about the girls that act like boys, toast girls and even send recharge cards to the girls.
Nairaland is polluted I swear.
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by rebella(f): 2:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
Social media to determine someone's true character, that's a no. Both parties can pretend till thy kingdom come. When people even pretend when you are with them how much more offline.
For me I use all means available to me to check. I know what I was able to know about someone through a simple google search.
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 15, 2014
teeo:

How about the girls that act like boys, toast girls and even send recharge cards to the girls.
lobatan shocked
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by dre11(m): 3:13pm On Jul 15, 2014
teeo:

shockedshockedshocked
NO for me.........
I have to feel her, touch her, see how she react to words, see the smile etc

the online word is full of deceit, so why can't i take it to the real world of seeing that person in personal
this is serious oo
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 15, 2014
dre11:

shockedshockedshocked
NO for me.........
I have to feel her, touch her, see how she react to words, see the smile etc

the online word is full of deceit, so why can't i take it to the real world of seeing that person in personal
this is serious oo

What if both of you are separated by great distance? Won't you then make use of what's available?
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 15, 2014
Woged2005: It can only give you a clue of her state of mind but not her true character. State of mind as in: You can deduce her value system from posts she shows interest in, whether she's materialistic by her likes & links she follows, her quality education through her command of English/written communication skills in her comments/posts, nature of her job through her colleagues who mention their work in their posts, family background by following friends in her list who are listed as her family members. Most of what you will know about her will be through friends in her list not directly from her. Many people post fake or air-brushed pics, and fill up post with bible quotations to form righteous but in real life they are full-time 'runs girls'. However, 'runs girls' will have other 'naughty girls' in their friend's list (birds of the same feather). So pay close attention to her friends' posts and pics.

I give you the award of the best post of the year
Re: Can Social Media Help Determine A Lady's True Character? by dre11(m): 4:40pm On Jul 15, 2014
smurfy:

What if both of you are separated by great distance? Won't you then make use of what's available?

then we make use of skype.....
Seeing is believing

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP: I Want To Get Married But My Fiancee's Family Is Not Ready! / Man Saves For 10 Years To Buy His Wife A Fridge. / (Pics) Indian Boy, Seven, Is Forced To Marry A DOG To Ward Off Evil Spirits.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.