Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World (4245 Views)

Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 / How To Flash Upgrade And Install A Blackberry Operating System / Top 10 Mobile Operating System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by Jensenelizz(m): 5:20pm On Jan 02, 2014
Top 10 Mobile Operating System
1. Google Android OS
Source: Google Android
Simply Android, Google Android OS is the most popular
open-source software created by Android, Inc. and was
purchased by Google, Inc. If you have an android phone,
you are familiar with the Google Play (formerly known as
Android Market) where you can download ranges of apps
for free or for a fee. It is estimated to have 700 000 apps
registered there. Too many right?
Current versions of android are as follows: Donut, Éclair,
Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, and
Jelly Bean. Did you see it? letters starts with D E F G H I
and J. So we may assume the next version starts with
letter K and guess what it is.Tadaa - Key Lime Pie. Haven't
eaten it.
One of known smartphones running on Android are
Samsung Smartphones.
Google Chromecast
Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming
Media Player
Amazon Price: $34.98
List Price: $35.00
2. Apple iOS
Source: stuffpoint
Yes. Anybody knows it. If you are an iPhone or iPad user
you know what I mean. The smartphones from apple uses
the iOS software. Unlike Android, iOS not an opensource
software.
Users that I interviewed [I'm an android user/programmer
- sorry :-)] applauds iOS's performance - fast, smooth, and
it doesn't slows down. Worth the price they said. But we
can also consider int hardware for good performance.
Visit Apple Store for more info.
It's the Apple's product that beats the Research In
Motion's BlackBerry. And talking about BlackBerry.
3. BlackBerry
Source: BlackBerry Z10 Screen
Once the leading in smartphone, Research In Motion's
(Now BlackBerry) mobile operating system is back on
track with its new line of smartphones.
With its open platform, developers can create
applications using different languages like C\C++ Native
SDK, HTML5, ActionsScript, you can also port existing
Android Apps, and more. You may visit BlackBerry
Developer site to start developing apps.
Like Google's Google Play and and Apple's App Store,
BlackBerry has its own - BlackBerry World.
Kindle Fire HD now only $159
No Amazon products found
4. Symbian OS
Source: Symbian Foundation Logo
Symbian is one of the mobile operating system used by
Nokia. During year 2009, Symbian Foundation made the
platform "available open source and royalty-free".
However it the foundation then shifted to a licensing
entity.
It was taken over by Nokia. The website discussing
Symbian's future http://symbian.nokia.com/ was already
closed last 2012.
5. Firefox OS
Source: Forbes.com
Once a desktop browser, the leading in free and open
platforms now introduces the Firefox OS for mobile
phones. Same thing, it is intended to be an open platform
free from the rules and restrictions of existing
proprietary platforms.
Firefox OS was made using HTML5. The free and open
platform was backed by different names in industry such
as eBay, Twitter, Facebook, SMART, LG, Alcatel, and more.
For developers, you may interested in visiting this site.
6. Windows 8
Source: Microsoft
Windows 8 is Microsoft's newest operating system. Design
not only for PCs, Windows 8 is also for Tablets and
Smartphones - it's Microsoft's way pf keeping up with the
consumer demands. As you see, people now prefers a
mobility.
Thousands of apps can be downloaded at their store. The
new OS from Microsoft has its unique metro style UI.
Developers interested in creating Windows 8 apps may
find their Windows Dev Center useful.
7. Ubuntu Mobile
Source: Ubuntu
What I like with Ubuntu is its simplicity and elegance. I
run Ubuntu together with my Windows operating system.
Simple, elegant, and free.
"Ubuntu is an ancient African word meaning 'humanity
to others'. It also means 'I am what I am because of who we
all are'. The Ubuntu operating system brings the spirit of
Ubuntu to the world of computers." - So they say. About
Ubuntu.
Now Ubuntu's simplicity and elegance will be on your
phone. Being backed by Canonical, Ubuntu for phone is
hoped to compete with leading proprietary platforms.
They also provide resources for developers.
8. Tizen OS
Source: Tizen Phones
Formerly LiMo, Tizen is also an operating system for
tablets, smartphones, and smart TVs. Samsung has plans
to shift from Bada ans Android to Tizen.
The operating system was built using Linux. Samsung
has not released smartphones yet running on Tizen
platform, However, demonstration was done during
Mobile World Congress and expects it to be released at
the endof 2013.
Developers may already download its SDK at Tizen
Foundation site.
9. Bada OS
Source: Bada
Bada OS is Samsung's smartphone platform. previous
devices from Samsung runs a Bada operating system.
However, Samsung is currently known as competitor for
Apple by releasing smartphones running on Android
platform.
Samsung has plans to release smartphones running on
new platform Tizen. Bada in Korean means ocean or sea.
They also have website for interested developers.
10. BREW OS
Source: Mobilestore1
Short for Binary Run-time Environment for Wireless.
Maybe you never heard of it - until now. It seems
unpopular because of lack of branding.
BREW is an application development platform by
Qualcomm for CDMA mobile Phones. Resources for
developing BREW Apps can be seen at brewmp.com.
BREW is used by LG CDMA, Hwuawei, INQ Mobile, Amoi,
and Samsung are some manufactures that uses BREW OS.
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by Jensenelizz(m): 5:21pm On Jan 02, 2014
Waiting for fp in 2014
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by Zammydagreat(m): 5:38pm On Jan 02, 2014
Where is sailfish os?
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by UchihaItachi(m): 5:51pm On Jan 02, 2014
Why do people still count ''Symbian'' as an OS? It's DEAD and GONE
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 02, 2014
Uchiha Itachi: Why do people still count ''Symbian'' as an OS? It's DEAD and GONE

as much as its dead nd gone...symbian os z the os dat was nd is known to give pure multitasking experience

u can runs apps for a year nd u'd still meet em runing undecided
unlike android dat closes or freezes some
it was known for its extensive memory management...a 128mb ram z ok for a symbian phone to perform optimally

buh ah rilli dont know y android z dis wasteful
undecided
btw i use an android phone..

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by UchihaItachi(m): 6:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
ib_bryte: ..

as much as its dead nd gone...symbian os z the os dat was nd is known to give pure multitasking experience

it was known for its extensive memory management...a 128mb ram z ok for a symbian phone to perform optimally

undecided

Of course I know you use an Android phone with 512mb ram , why won't it freeze and close some apps? It's probably overloaded too...

BTW apart from Symbian ''Anna'' and ''Belle,'' other versions cannot run more than two apps at a time
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 02, 2014

undecided
hmm.. this statement is false.. try a high end android, and not these chinese degrading shii

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by psalmdave(m): 6:50pm On Jan 02, 2014

undecided
I dont even know,symbian was cool but time changed....i wonda whether the so called android will last forever
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by psalmdave(m): 6:50pm On Jan 02, 2014

undecided
I dont even know,symbian was cool but time changed....i wonda if the so called android will last forever
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 02, 2014
Zammydagreat: Where is sailfish os?
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 02, 2014
Uchiha Itachi:

Of course I know you use an Android phone with 512mb ram , why won't it freeze and close some apps? It's probably overloaded too...

BTW apart from Symbian ''Anna'' and ''Belle,'' other versions cannot run more than two apps at a time

bro very very ignorant of u to say dis dat only anna nd belle use run two apps at a tym ....

bydway..i use htc evo3d ...xo i'd let ur first paragraph slide..

http://etips.sulekha.com/symbian-vs-android-phones_69
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 02, 2014
deejay_harry1: hmm.. this statement is false.. try a high end android, and not these chinese degrading shii

bro chill owt we no dey fite...nd i don't use a cheap Chinese degrading shit...nd i wudnt say m d richest...

buh multitasking z way beta on symbian...buh mayb speed may b d probs...buh wen it cs to running more apps symbian z berra

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=33253344

Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by Mattex001(m): 9:07pm On Jan 02, 2014
Uchiha Itachi:

a Big false Statement!!! Anna and Belle are even upgrade symbian OS so why won't it run more 2 app??!!! I once Used an E6 and it runs up to 5apps at a time without lag! Bros abeg get ur facts before u yarn... BTW I don't think I can ever use a symbian fone again...
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 02, 2014
ib_bryte:

bro chill owt we no dey fite...nd i don't use a cheap Chinese degrading shit...nd i wudnt say m d richest...

buh multitasking z way beta on symbian...buh mayb speed may b d probs...buh wen it cs to running more apps symbian z berra

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=33253344

i use an s4 atm, i multitask up to 15 apps, and still come back to see them tht same perfect way i left them.... like no kill at all...

get rid of bloatwares, they hog up ram...

and lol.. we no fite before na..
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 02, 2014
bro...deejay...lets do it like dis get a symbian phone wif 256ram nd a symbian phone wif 256 ram nd den we do a comparism

android z ram intensive..a 256ram symbian can run 15apps...i hav tried it before...even wif ur s4 u cant run san andreas nd mc4 wif fifa14 nd mayb temple run nd gangster rio nd pes 13 nd nba 2014 all tugeda .... ur touchwiz wud restart...buh on symbian i had like 16 apps running nonstop

a good os ought good at managing memory..u juhs try n8....i use android at the moment tho...buh symbian z very good in multitasking...
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by UchihaItachi(m): 9:51pm On Jan 02, 2014
ib_bryte: bro...deejay...lets do it like dis get a symbian phone wif 256ram nd a symbian phone wif 256 ram nd den we do a comparism

android z ram intensive..a 256ram symbian can run 15apps...i hav tried it before...even wif ur s4 u cant run san andreas nd mc4 wif fifa14 nd mayb temple run nd gangster rio nd pes 13 nd nba 2014 all tugeda .... ur touchwiz wud restart...buh on symbian i had like 16 apps running nonstop

a good os ought good at managing memory..u juhs try n8....i use android at the moment tho...buh symbian z very good in multitasking...

Dude would you just stop comparing Android and Symbian? You run 16 games on your Symbian phone at a time? Okay then. .tell me if any of those games are more than 2mb. But on Android,....

And why would any sane person run all those games you mentioned at a time? In fact, why would someone run more than 5 apps at a time?

You prefer Symbian right? Then stick with it but stop comparing it with Android

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 02, 2014

undecided
Actually you have a point. A Nokia N8 with 256mb of ram can multitask way better than any Android phone with the same amount of RAM, but then again symbian apps and droid apps are different, Android apps are more intensive with less optimization.
In other words you are right, android phones multitask less better due to the intensiveness of their apps.
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by olahero(m): 10:20pm On Jan 02, 2014
hmmmm

♥team♥Android
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 02, 2014
Uchiha Itachi:

Dude would you just stop comparing Android and Symbian? You run 16 games on your Symbian phone at a time? Okay then. .tell me if any of those games are more than 2mb. But on Android,....

And why would any sane person run all those games you mentioned at a time? In fact, why would someone run more than 5 apps at a time?

You prefer Symbian right? Then stick with it but stop comparing it with Android

dumbass...dude check hd symbian games dey range from 50 to 71mb...wahs dis noob saying ..ever heard of ngage... undecided
check on youtube asphalt 6 hd on symbian n8 to b precise ALMOST d same as dat on android..

by d way i use an android phone
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by UchihaItachi(m): 11:33pm On Jan 02, 2014
ib_bryte:

dumbass...dude check hd symbian games dey range from 50 to 71mb...wahs dis noob saying ..ever heard of ngage... undecided
check on youtube asphalt 6 hd on symbian n8 to b precise ALMOST d same as dat on android..

Uchiha style...ignore no jutsu! angry

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 02, 2014
Uchiha Itachi:

Uchiha style...ignore no jutsu! angry

undecided undecided
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 02, 2014
Buzzonix: Actually you have a point. A Nokia N8 with 256mb of ram can multitask way better than any Android phone with the same amount of RAM, but then again symbian apps and droid apps are different, Android apps are more intensive with less optimization.
In other words you are right, android phones multitask less better due to the intensiveness of their apps.

Alas anoda person wif a sense of reasoning
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by UchihaItachi(m): 11:53pm On Jan 02, 2014
ib_bryte:

undecided undecided

Ask Google
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 02, 2014
Uchiha Itachi:

Ask Google
Joshua?
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by zeanslim(m): 1:04am On Jan 03, 2014
ib_bryte:

WTF are u sayin 71mb ? when am talkin 1.9gb+ U must b a TAHITIAN (Learner)
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 03, 2014
zeanslim:
WTF are u sayin 71mb ? when am talkin 1.9gb+ U must b a TAHITIAN (Learner)

oga park well i was juhs try ta make a point ...he was saying 2mb...bydway 71mb was juhs a range it could b more
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by ibrash600: 8:53am On Jan 03, 2014
ib_bryte: bro...deejay...lets do it like dis get a symbian phone wif 256ram nd a symbian phone wif 256 ram nd den we do a comparism

on point bro.
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 03, 2014
this argument is baseless, an operamini app on my android may suck up close to 30mb of ram, an operamini on my symbian sucks up only about 6mb of ram, so why wont symbian multi task more..

i multitask both operamini, chrome browser, instagram, bbm always running, hogging up 24mb of ram.. whatsapp always running.. my system ui always running.. then playstore always active... yet none gets killed on my android... try tht same on symbian, note apps must be same size, your symbian wont only kill the apps, it will fry its chip..
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 03, 2014
deejay_harry1: this argument is baseless, an operamini app on my android may suck up close to 30mb of ram, an operamini on my symbian sucks up only about 6mb of ram, so why wont symbian multi task more..

i multitask both operamini, chrome browser, instagram, bbm always running, hogging up 24mb of ram.. whatsapp always running.. my system ui always running.. then playstore always active... yet none gets killed on my android... try tht same on symbian, note apps must be same size, your symbian wont only kill the apps, it will fry its chip..

harry again no b fite...i aint comparing android nd symbian at all..buh on dere own symbian z better on managing apps...
i cant ask a symbian phone to runn an android app...its wont b able to cope
Some apps on android uses more dan d total ram of symbian phones. it kinda illogical

okay...U remember dat dude on dis forum complaining dat his NOTE 3 ui was restarting because bbm Nd whatsapp was using 365mb of ram each or xo ..m like wtf shocked

All m saying z dah symbian z beta at multitasking its OWN apps dan android z at its...
Symbian does nt nid 3gb of ram to function... It will b an overkill...
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 03, 2014
deejay_harry1: this argument is baseless, an operamini app on my android may suck up close to 30mb of ram, an operamini on my symbian sucks up only about 6mb of ram, so why wont symbian multi task more..

harry again no b fite...i aint comparing android nd symbian at all..buh on dere own symbian z better on managing apps...
Some apps on android uses more dan d total ram of symbian phones. it kinda illogical

okay...U remember dat dude on dis forum complaining dat his NOTE 3 ui was restarting because bbm Nd whatsapp was using 365mb of ram each or xo ..m like wtf shocked

All m saying z dah symbian z beta at multitasking its OWN apps dan android z at its...
Symbian does nt nid 3gb of ram to function... It will b an overkill.....try to c from ma pov
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 03, 2014
ib_bryte:

Symbian does nt nid 3gb of ram to function... It will b an overkill.....try to c from ma pov

their is no need really seeing from your pov... symbian is dead, it was from the past, and during its own time it ruled, .. the world keeps getting advanced every sec , and newer mobile o.s are bound to be made, okay go and check the windows phone multi task ability, and you will cry.. sucks.... and its being made and optimized by tht same nokia that optimized symbian... so its simple, more and higher apps, equate to more ram hogging... i shouldnt really be commenting here, i have never ever had a ram problem on my phone, no app kills or what not.... buh i just wanna set it straight, symbian did its shii and its gone... stop calling it the best.. you cant compare a local champion with an international champion, they never had the same os, same apps, and nada... again... no be fight, why do you keep bringing this fight thang up.. hmmm..
Re: Top 10 Mobile Operating System In The World by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 03, 2014
deejay_harry1: their is no need really seeing from your pov... symbian is dead, it was from the past, and during its own time it ruled, .. the world keeps getting advanced every sec , and newer mobile o.s are bound to be made, okay go and check the windows phone multi task ability, and you will cry.. sucks.... and its being made and optimized by tht same nokia that optimized symbian... so its simple, more and higher apps, equate to more ram hogging... i shouldnt really be commenting here, i have never ever had a ram problem on my phone, no app kills or what not.... buh i just wanna set it straight, symbian did its shii and its gone... stop calling it the best.. you cant compare a local champion with an international champion, they never had the same os, same apps, and nada... again... no be fight, why do you keep bringing this fight thang up.. hmmm..

kk

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Airtel Trybe", New, Cheap Tariff Plan For Youths. / Which Of This Was Your First Mobile Phone / Your SIM Card May Disappear Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.