Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

How To Flash Upgrade And Install A Blackberry Operating System - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Flash Upgrade And Install A Blackberry Operating System (21551 Views)

Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 / How to flash a Lumia, Windows, IPhone, BlackBerry, Android / How To Flash (cwm) On Gioneer Pioneer P2 Without Pc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Flash Upgrade And Install A Blackberry Operating System by ozoneprince(m): 6:45am On Jul 27, 2014
Today i will teaching you guys how to flash upgrade and install a blackberry operating system on your Phone.

WHY DO I HAVE TO UPGRADE MY BLACKBERRY OPERATING SYSTEM:

App error : This happens when you install an application that contains virus and it crashes you phone.
Low Low Version : This is when the version on your blackberry os {operating system is very low}
Blackberry would not turn on and no sign of red flashing : This is when your blackberry phone refuses to turn on and the red blink light could not come up either .
Freezing and slow : You can flash and upgrade your phone too when it always freeze or hangs while operating it
Installing incompatible apps
Installing too many apps
Things Required Before Flashing or Upgrading your Blackberry Os :

A Computer either laptop or Desktop
Blackberry Desktop Manager :You need to install the Blackberry Desktop Manager, it comes in a CD when you purchase your Blackberryphone or you can simply download the latest version herehttp://.com/blackberry-desktop-manager/
An additional software to download is BBSAK, is to backup trusty 3rd party Blackberry applications and restore them among other functions Download it Here ,http://.com/how-to-flash-upgrade-and-install-a-blackberry-operating-system/
N/B : you can use bb easy zero to wipe ,if your bbsak does not connect,
you need to download the version of the OS you want to install. A simple way of getting this is by visiting ww.blackberryrocks.com/blackberry-os and trace a suitable OS from there.
Lastly you need a blackberry usb cable.
N/B : Your Phone Battery should be 60% charged before flashing.

Now After downloading the required Software ,Install them on your laptop or desktop ,

How To Flash Upgrade And Install A Blackberry Operating System here we go :

Now Connect your blackberry phone to your PC with your stock blackberry USB cord, and fire up BBSAK.
BBSAK will automatically detect your Blackberry. Once BBSAK detected your BB, hit the “Backup Apps” button to backup your 3rd party applications that have been installed on your Blackberry

. Be patient, this process will take up to five minutes max. When it’s done, hit “OK” and exit out the program.
Launch Blackberry Desktop Manager (DM). Click “Device”, then select “Backup and Restore”, once you are in it, click “advanced” and back up the settings you would to backup. Only backup your calendar, service books,bbm contact list, and contacts because if you are backing up other settings from the old device, when you load them onto the new OS, the extra old settings might not compatible with the new OS. Once the backup progress is done, exit out of DM.

Launch BBSAK again; make sure that your DM is not running in the background. Click “Wipe Device” this time. It will wipe out everything on your BB. Once the wiping process is done, the phone will reboot itself. Then you will see a “507 error”. Please do not freak out, this is normal; it means you are doing the thing right. “507 error” means your phone OS is corrupted or there isn’t one. To be sure that your phone is wiped clean, click “wipe device” again, the program will perform the same wiping process like the first time you did. Again, the phone will reboot and the 507 error will appear as expected.

. Navigate yourself to this location on your computer: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader. Once you are in it, find the “vendor” file and delete it

Run apploader

After it detect your PIN click next/continue, follow the program itself, select whatever extras you want to install along with the new OS. Then hit “Next” for a couple of times, then the loader will begin the actual OSinstallation process.
Hit “Close” when it’s done.

Please Read full article with image explanation Here http://.com/how-to-flash-upgrade-and-install-a-blackberry-operating-system/

Re: How To Flash Upgrade And Install A Blackberry Operating System by Noah13: 7:15am On Jul 27, 2014
Getting mine done soon
Re: How To Flash Upgrade And Install A Blackberry Operating System by Lopeademol(m): 8:34am On Jul 27, 2014
Hello sir, I guess I am having toubles with my software or hardware but the present condition now is that my 9900 could no longer start up nor visible when I connect it to the desktop. No red light, no booting. It happened on Tuesday when I plugged it on charge, all of a sudden the booting process stopped halfway for about 20mins. I decided to remove the battery and reinsert. That's all I did and since then it refused to come up. Pls any hope?
Re: How To Flash Upgrade And Install A Blackberry Operating System by ozoneprince(m): 8:47am On Jul 27, 2014
Lopeademol: Hello sir, I guess I am having toubles with my software or hardware but the present condition now is that my 9900 could no longer start up nor visible when I connect it to the desktop. No red light, no booting. It happened on Tuesday when I plugged it on charge, all of a sudden the booting process stopped halfway for about 20mins. I decided to remove the battery and reinsert. That's all I did and since then it refused to come up. Pls any hope?

Lope This is what you will do,first ,Get another fully charged battery and insert it, Try that and tell us the improvement
Re: How To Flash Upgrade And Install A Blackberry Operating System by donwise1(m): 9:58am On Jul 27, 2014
Lopeademol: Hello sir, I guess I am having toubles with my software or hardware but the present condition now is that my 9900 could no longer start up nor visible when I connect it to the desktop. No red light, no booting. It happened on Tuesday when I plugged it on charge, all of a sudden the booting process stopped halfway for about 20mins. I decided to remove the battery and reinsert. That's all I did and since then it refused to come up. Pls any hope?
Contact me. I wil give u a very very simple trick to solve it
Re: How To Flash Upgrade And Install A Blackberry Operating System by profunen(m): 8:50am On Nov 28, 2014
BBSAK, JLCDER, APPLOADER doesn't recognise my phone but the red light blinks 4 times. I have done all I can but the app doesn't even recognise my phone.it only ask for my device password and doesn't go past that stage
Re: How To Flash Upgrade And Install A Blackberry Operating System by drnativet: 9:23am On Jun 04, 2015
Hello, please, i forgot my bb ID and accidentally pressed sign out on my phone, thinking it was going to reset my account. But now my phone is no longer booting, just displaying a blank screen. i tried flashing it based on your recommendation but BBSAK as well as other softwares were unable to recognize my phone. please, how do you think i can resolve it. thanks

(1) (Reply)

Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers / Most Common Android Problems And Their Solutions / Celtel Gprs Settings!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.