Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? (21625 Views)

That Was How I Got The Offer.. Super Thanks To All Nairalanders / Secure Your Job With These Habits. / Job Vacancy (hotel Manager/supervisor) Benin-city (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by AreaFada2: 3:41am On Jan 04, 2014
anitank: Some hotel mangers make more than 100% of their salary before the end of the month....if you know how to work smart

The same reason a friend put his small hotel up for sale. He toiled seriously abroad for many years to start that business hoping to:
Create some jobs (a very old-fashioned idealist) and to gradually invest back home and have businesses to return home to years from now.

Come and see dishonesty from staff and so-called family members involved.

When the dude is in Naija, hotel is usually 70 to 95 % occupied depending on day of the week, season etc.

The minute he flies abroad, they'll report as low as 20% occupancy.

We have a long way to go.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by akposking(m): 4:22am On Jan 04, 2014
What?
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by InvertedHammer: 5:54am On Jan 04, 2014
Area-Fada:

The same reason a friend put his small hotel up for sale. He toiled seriously abroad for many years to start that business hoping to:
Create some jobs (a very old-fashioned idealist) and to gradually invest back home and have businesses to return home to years from now.

When the dude is in Naija, hotel is usually 70 to 95 % occupied depending on day of the week, season etc.

/

Your friend is not serious. If living abroad, he/she should know that in Nigeria, it goes thus:

Rule 1: Do not start a business you cannot be there to manage 24/7.

Rule 2: Keep relations away because a prophet is revered except among his own people

\
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by cheriphyom: 6:50am On Jan 04, 2014
Mr Aboki:

So how would the manager incrase his monthly pay by working in the hotel?! Tips or what?!

Hummm , I am really ashamed of the situation of naija,,25k for a month. Even doug , the accommodation and feeding is been taken care of. It can never be to your satisfaction . May God help Naija
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by fitzjerry(m): 6:57am On Jan 04, 2014
Oga, a bird in hand is the very bird. Nothing dey inside bush. Grab it with ur arms n legs come finally use ur teeth grab am. If u wan stay house dey form say u big pass 25k, oya stay house Make We c who go cry finally.... Some ppl don graduate for 4 yrs running now, 15k factory job, dem never see.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by yousee(m): 6:57am On Jan 04, 2014
pDude: cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Nigeria sha cry cry cry cry cry

So this is how far Nigeria has fallen? So big hotels in Nigeria now pay 25k to their managers. 25k? What do I want to do with 25k? Can it even feed you for a month? Tufiakwa.

I am ashamed right now cry
After much talk, will you give the op 20000 pm as stipends until he finds something "bigger"?

Op, with my undergraduate degree i worked for 6000, while still doing my postgrad degree (scholarship).
That 6k job connected me to a six figure paying job.
Today, i have 12 people working for me....my story is not even 5yrs old.

Never ever look down on humble beginings! Never!!!

While on that 6k job, some "friends" mocked that my monthly pay is what they spend at joints in a sitting....well today, they call me for recharge card!

3 Likes

Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 04, 2014
yousee:
After much talk, will you give the op 20000 pm as stipends until he finds something "bigger"?

Op, with my undergraduate degree i worked for 6000, while still doing my postgrad degree (scholarship).

While on that 6k job, some "friends" mocked that my monthly pay is what they spend at joints in a sitting....well today, they call me for recharge card!

Who is mocking him?

PleAse read my post before making hasty replies.

And by the way, I don't give a fvck about your life's tale. I didn't ask you about it so keep it to yourself
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by TheGenuis: 7:24am On Jan 04, 2014
Thanks very much everyone. I rily appreciate, I took time to read thru all d comments nd wud do my best to respond to dos I can remember. I am a BSc holder, 27 yrs, I took d job since I hv notin doin yet nd its bin stressful cos its festive period. Howeva, I hvnt laid down all my eggs here, am stil expectin other opportunities.
Howeva, d hotel is located in a rural area, its very big cos the owner built it base on bringin development to his area., its 40 rooms.
D casher earns 20k, receptionsit 15k den odas 12k. Altho dey said mine is just 4 a start to prove my competence cos I was d one dat came out most successful in d interview nd non of us had hotel experience, if not I wudnt hv gotin d job. I wil kip u guys posted, once again, thanks very much. Forgive any error, just waking up, I slept around 3am yday, but I knw a tym is come wen dia wil b no much customer nd wok but d pay wil stil come, I guess dats wot d owner checked, since its in a rural area. God bless u all...

1 Like

Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by SenatorJames(m): 7:42am On Jan 04, 2014
@op, you said you are resuming on friday, so why are you now asking us, as if you can change your mind if we tell you to reject the offer.

Though you are no more a fresher, but because you have nothing doing for now, i will advice you take to take the job with other benefit attached. Your feeding and accommodation may be costing you 15k per month.

My last advice for you is: Be honest and trustworthy, its only God that gives increase and the job can be a stepping stone for you
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by bobbyspeed(m): 8:29am On Jan 04, 2014
Why don't u avail us with the name of the hotel and exact location instead of just saying rural arear. I consult for a hotel in Abeokuta and its this tendency to make money quick but short changing the hotel owner has caused massive sack of staff. So take the job and be honest on the job. Its God that ordain the steps of man. Who knows God want to ordain your step in the hotel as a stepping stone to where he is taken you. If you need management advise reach me on reach forward.consulting@gmail.com
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by kelzdelight: 8:42am On Jan 04, 2014
My broda grab d job wit two hand. I bet u might be taken home more than 50k evry month frm oda litle sources. U'll also meet pple in power n get conections
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 04, 2014
pDude: cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Nigeria sha cry cry cry cry cry

So this is how far Nigeria has fallen? So big hotels in Nigeria now pay 25k to their managers. 25k? What do I want to do with 25k? Can it even feed you for a month? Tufiakwa.

I am ashamed right now cry

bros, neva leave substance go chase afta shadows. @ po ( poster originale), think n think hard. in my area, a well set 'self con' goes for #120k a year, so dat means 10k saved. for your 'big hotel' definition of the place, the feeding standard I will put @ 3k/day and dat works out to 90k! you mentioned nothing about tp so I would assume you'd be staying at your workplace which also is another 6k min saved @ 200/day. so guy, this job as far as i'm concerned has a salary tag of 131k! happy new year!

2 Likes

Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by chubysoft1(m): 9:59am On Jan 04, 2014
i кησω of a hotel manager who receives the same package from his hotel, that is 25k but men! Wetin e dey spend everyday pass that money. He gets money from the hotel from different angles and no be say the hotel big sef. But in your case, the hotel is sizeable. Guy rush for that job oh.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by jesuspikinjp(m): 10:27am On Jan 04, 2014
Mr Aboki:

So how would the manager incrase his monthly pay by working in the hotel?! Tips or what?!

selling the drinks bottles to aboki, wey dey buy empty bottles

1 Like

Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by jesuspikinjp(m): 10:29am On Jan 04, 2014
anitank:
How old are you?

I think he is old enough to give it to you both front and back..lol just joking
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by bigtt76(f): 10:59am On Jan 04, 2014
pDude:

Who is mocking him?

And by the way, I don't give a fvck about your life's tale. I didn't ask you about it so keep it to yourself

Bad belle man ...you started it all by dissing someone's earning. Please learn to appreciate people. OP may not be connected as you are to give him a job worth the kind of feeding money you are looking at undecided
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by bigtt76(f): 11:06am On Jan 04, 2014
The Genuis.:
Thanks very much everyone. I rily appreciate, I took time to read thru all d comments nd wud do my best to respond to dos I can remember. I am a BSc holder, 27 yrs, I took d job since I hv notin doin yet nd its bin stressful cos its festive period. Howeva, I hvnt laid down all my eggs here, am stil expectin other opportunities.
Howeva, d hotel is located in a rural area, its very big cos the owner built it base on bringin development to his area., its 40 rooms.
D casher earns 20k, receptionsit 15k den odas 12k. Altho dey said mine is just 4 a start to prove my competence cos I was d one dat came out most successful in d interview nd non of us had hotel experience, if not I wudnt hv gotin d job. I wil kip u guys posted, once again, thanks very much. Forgive any error, just waking up, I slept around 3am yday, but I knw a tym is come wen dia wil b no much customer nd wok but d pay wil stil come, I guess dats wot d owner checked, since its in a rural area. God bless u all...

Nice one. I would advice that you look around the area for anything innovative enough to draw in crowd from the urban areas say for weekends and try to build up on that. I know most hotels make their money through 'short time' arrangements so look for ways to exploit that.

Don't just sit and wait for customers to come while you lazy around Nairaland grin not sayin uou dump NL but then make most use of it. Advertise your hotel and packages here you never know who might be visiting from abroad searching here for a good hotel package. Hope you catch the drift.

1 Like

Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by MaziOmenuko: 11:13am On Jan 04, 2014
Manager? I wonder what the said hotel would be paying their other staff. This is very discouraging; if not for the condition of this country, who would accept such job offer? This is labor abuse for crying out loud!

I'm sure you'd be putting in above 14hrs of work per day, 6 days a week: this is close to 84hr per week and if my calculation is right, 378hrs per month @ =N=66 per hour: giving you N924 per day (any graduate job less than N2,000 per day is labour abuse and almost same as slavery).

This kind of job also comes with a tasking responsibility and wouldn't give you time for other things. I know people are saying take the job: I don't want to sound odd, but it doesn't make sense.

Why not enroll for your M.sc with that time and still keep searching for job? 25k per month for a job that tasking! Forget the feeding and accomodation stuff; they housed you so you can work even at odd hours!

*******edited***** just saw you've taken the job already; congrats; but you're better than that!
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Gamboh55(m): 11:14am On Jan 04, 2014
Mr.Man u better take that job and stop asking end time questions...u can make ur own money by taking advantage of the work area if u are creative enough...u can place a pop corn machine or look at other hotels around and bring in what u see in those hotels into urs....time will tell..start small and grow from there...innovation is key..be creative and d universe will reward u...add value and d rewards will follow..
1Luv
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 04, 2014
yousee:

. . . . . . . @Op. . . yousee!!!!!
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by redsun(m): 11:25am On Jan 04, 2014
kpez:

bros, neva leave substance go chase afta shadows. @ po ( poster originale), think n think hard. in my area, a well set 'self con' goes for #120k a year, so dat means 10k saved. for your 'big hotel' definition of the place, the feeding standard I will put @ 3k/day and dat works out to 90k! you mentioned nothing about tp so I would assume you'd be staying at your workplace which also is another 6k min saved @ 200/day. so guy, this job as far as i'm concerned has a salary tag of 131k! happy new year!
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 04, 2014
pDude:

Who is mocking him?

. . . . . . And where did he mentioned ur name in his God's-changing-story of his life? Why is ur blood hot dude? And was he telling u his story? Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by redsun(m): 11:28am On Jan 04, 2014
Gamboh55: Mr.Man u better take that job and stop asking end time questions...u can make ur own money by taking advantage of the work area if u are creative enough...u can place a pop corn machine or look at other hotels around and bring in what u see in those hotels into urs....time will tell..start small and grow from there...innovation is key..be creative and d universe will reward u...add value and d rewards will follow..
1Luv

kpez:

Smart thinking. He could end up saving more than the person that earns eighty thousand a month.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by huntax(m): 12:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
The Genuis.:
Thanks at evryone. Am not all dat fresh, I finished my NYSC in 2012. I hv worked as a marketer in a private company but hvnt done any job as a hotelier. And am not doin anytin presently but my main concern is dat d hotel is situated in a rural area, not too rural anyway but it wil make me relocate to come stay in dat place. D total pay package is dat 25k for a start. Just d free accomodation nd free feedin... My frnds say I shud give it a trail lyk u guys adviced, y I lok 4 beta places...

For d cctv guy, I don't think dia wil b any but am startin 2moro, if dia is nid I wil contact u..... Thanks my frnds. One love!

Wow,i also got the same job at a big hotel in a rural area,but I'm being paid 60k with accommodation (tho I feed myself) ... When reading ur post,i was like "did I post this in my dream?",cos I also finished my nysc 2012. Anyways, hold on to the job and work harder at ur marketing strategies,get more customers and ur salary will proportionally increase.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by MRL1MPoPoTM: 12:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
fpeter: THIS IS THE MAJOR REASON WHY MOST BABES ARE UNMARRIED IN 9JA.
HOW DO YOU CONVINCE A 25K EARNING MAN TO MARRY YOU?............
WILL THAT BUY HIS SUIT? RENT A DECENT APARTMENT OR HOW MANY
DIAPERS OR BABY FOOD WILL 25K BUY? GOD ABEG O!!!!!!!! HELP US... cry

shurrup. i earn more than 80 bucks in a week, and i believe alot of chaps also do. so don't conclude yet.
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by packman: 3:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
Pimples:

In other words, are u telling me u are so Hopeless?

[size=20pt]IN OTHER WORD YOU ARE MORE THAN HOPELESS

AS A MATTER OF FACT YOU ARE

USELESSSSS

SENSELESSSS

AND THOUGHTLESSSSS

ANIMAL IN FORM OF HUMAN [/size]
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by yousee(m): 3:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
pDude:

Who is mocking him?

Your bitterness reeks! Life na jeje bro

Where in your said post did you offer even one shred of advice to the op (or any other person that is in a similar challenge?).
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Fajzay: 4:57pm On Jan 04, 2014
Take it moreso if you dont have anything doing at the moment. I was once in your shoes. After NYSC, someone offered me to be administrator in his newly opened Cybercafe in Warri on a payroll of N7,500. At first I felt like being insulted (a whole solid 2:1 graduate of Geology) but after much thought , I took it. Afterall am gonna be having free internet everyday to job search / apply rather than buying N100/hr ever time. Guess what someone came in one day (abt 3months after)with an advert not published in d dailies and I made an application. That's the end of Cafe ... You dont want to knw what I earn today ... Worked in 6 different countries for the same company.

So I'll advice you, take it and do your job properly / professionally - Special touch and initiative of a graduate. You never know who you might check in one day that'll be impressed about your service / manners / professionalism. - My 2 cents

I wish you the best

1 Like

Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Fajzay: 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2014
InvertedHammer:
/

* bootlegging (coughs! coughs! )
*sneaking in guests (usually done in connivance with receptionists)
*kickbacks on events (tips from event managers)
*over-invoicing (buys 10 liters of gas and bills for 25)

...just to mention a few

Pay them more and they will still do the same.
So owner is just taking a preemptive strike on his paycheck. grin

\

OP dont consent to Mr Aboki's advice of shortchanging your boss o. Many biz have closed down in Nigeria due to total dishonsty. It wont get you anywhere, be diligent and honest in ur duties. Those that chose that part of short changing, where are they today ... still on d same spot short changing!

1 Like

Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Fajzay: 5:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
Mr Aboki:

If the Manager is making 25'k per annum... Imagine what the rest of the staff are making

angry

Its 25K monthly. You need to consider what the hotel is making before you all point accusing fingers at the owner. Is it a hotel going for 15-20K / room/ night? or is it just a 4-6K / night rate. In any given biz, once your Outflow is greater than inflow - U are going red man!!!
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Fajzay: 5:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
Area-Fada:

Those are the likes of "Archbabe" stealing from shoprite in the name of increasing monthly earnings. That's why she is 'nobody' today. lolz
Re: Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 04, 2014
yousee:
Your bitterness reeks! Life na jeje bro

Where in your said post did you offer even one shred of advice to the op (or any other person that is in a similar challenge?).

You are a damn waste of time and space. Walk on please

That is why they say you Nigerian graduates are unemployable. I was ashamed at the abysmal pay rates in Nigeria and not the OP's job. I said nothing against the OP but as it is apt to be on NL, you hastily sought an avenue to berate me.

Like I said, walk on please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Pictures Job Seekers Can Relate To / Mortgage Bank Recruitment 2017 (12 Vacant Positions) / Union Bank Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.