Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,137 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

What Do You Think About Becoming A Rev Father. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think About Becoming A Rev Father. (1077 Views)

Rev. Father Mbaka Visits Buhari And Osinbajo (Photos) / Businesswoman Loses N97million, House, Searching For Rev Father Mbaka. / Is Being A Rev Father Or Rev Sista Not A Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About Becoming A Rev Father. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 02, 2014
For personal reasons i dont think marriage is an option, so as a young man am considering several options like serving as a priest although i would still be a lecturer. Please i would like to know your thoughts on becoming a priest.

Please note that this is not made up so please contribute positively and i will listen with an open mind
i refused to post this in the religious section because i know it will just be turned into a sermon or a religious debate between catholics and pentecoastals
lastly you are free to speak as you like besides you dont know me personaly
Re: What Do You Think About Becoming A Rev Father. by professore(m): 7:48pm On Jan 02, 2014
Weigh your decision left ad right before making the final choice
Re: What Do You Think About Becoming A Rev Father. by SalC: 7:51pm On Jan 02, 2014
But its now in the religion section.

To your question, I personally have deep respect for priests but I believe you don't just wake up and jump into priesthood. You have to ask yourself some salient questions like
Why do you want to choose priesthood over other vocations
Have you made up your mind to live a celibate life?
Are you willing to sacrifice your time and energy for the benefit of those who will look up to you as a priest?
Are you willing to live a prayerful life interceeding for all and sundry?
Above all have you seek the face of God and discovered his will concerning the issue? Etc

If your answers to the above are positive, then you should go ahead, but on each step, rely on God for your success.
Re: What Do You Think About Becoming A Rev Father. by Slasha1(f): 8:06pm On Jan 02, 2014
You just need to have solid reasons why you want to become a priest. But being a lecturer as well as a priest might not be the best o
Re: What Do You Think About Becoming A Rev Father. by tpia5: 8:07pm On Jan 02, 2014
What type of input are you looking for?

Should nlers be the ones helping you make decisions?

On what basis?

You are supposed to discuss such things not with the www but with people who actually know you and who your decision will affect directly.

Not to mention you are probably not the one being discussed here.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Becoming A Rev Father. by tpia5: 8:08pm On Jan 02, 2014
In addition, there are probably other sites which might be more useful and specifically tailored for such enquiries.

Seems to me you just want to start another round of religious bashing.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Becoming A Rev Father. by Mobi47(m): 8:48pm On Jan 02, 2014
Why bringing up such issue here. go and discuss ds wt a priest in any catholic church. If u know u are nt capable, u better nt spoil d goodwill of d church. 1st tn is that, b4 even becoming a priest u must decide by urself what u really wnt.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Becoming A Rev Father. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
tpia@:
In addition, there are probably other sites which might be more useful and specifically tailored for such enquiries.

Seems to me you just want to start another round of religious bashing.
i just tire for you, i no fit even defend myself, abeg next, its because of all there judging and over sabi attitude that made me post this in the romance section, instead of religion before a MOD moved it. For those saying am faking it, i really dont need to convince you, lastly i have already met a reliable person who knows me and we have come to the conclusion that it is a nice move, but since its a big issue, i just wanted to know the opinion of most persons through this site, were most of our identities are hidden.

(1) (Reply)

Brazilian Man Who Claims-to-be-jesus-christ Arrested 4o Times / Ten Facts You Should Know About Repentance / Conversation Between God And Satan, A Must Read!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.