Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

China Revokes Visa Of Gold Medalist, Darfur Activist Cheek - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / China Revokes Visa Of Gold Medalist, Darfur Activist Cheek (729 Views)

APC Activist Omojuwa Criticises Buhari Government. / FG Revokes Licences Of ABC Transport Courier, Nine Others / Olympic Gold Medalist, Chioma Ajunwa Now Police DPO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Revokes Visa Of Gold Medalist, Darfur Activist Cheek by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2008
I truly don't understand why someone's visa should be revoked just because he believes in equal rights and justice; someone of CHEEK'S personality as a gold medalist should be treated like a human being.

Does it mean that the athletes that were granted visa for the Olympics, are all in support of man's inhumanity to man? i dont believe so.
All, i am saying is that it is so unfair, just two days to the opening ceremony of the 2008 Beijing Olympics, sad it is and very disheartnening.

The issue of human rights should be advocated and preached by all.
Follow this link to read more on this heart breaking news:

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/Chi?urn=oly,98718
Re: China Revokes Visa Of Gold Medalist, Darfur Activist Cheek by deor03(m): 5:48pm On Aug 06, 2008
Can all this western media allow us to enjoy this Olympics?

Every station you turn to it's China this, China that.

What about the women and children being killed everyday in Iraq and Afghanistan
What about people detained for upwards of 5 years without trial in Guantanamo bay
Was it not recently that Brown wanted to send weapon to Yaradua to Kill Niger deltan because he want oil by all means
They keep shouting nuclear weapon and you wonder which country is the only in the world that have abused nuclear weapon.

Visa is Not a right , it's a privilege. Would they have Not done the same

Abeg, don't allow the western biased media to confuse you
Re: China Revokes Visa Of Gold Medalist, Darfur Activist Cheek by madamkoko: 6:21pm On Aug 06, 2008
@ deor03 I totally agree.
Re: China Revokes Visa Of Gold Medalist, Darfur Activist Cheek by Kobojunkie: 6:33pm On Aug 06, 2008
@Poster, I think we should wait to know China's reason for revoking his visa. I understand the man is an activist and yes, but could it be that he may also have unknowingly disqualified himself in some way. I say we wait to get more from the other side. It is quite unfortunate that this had to happen just two days before the olympic games.
Re: China Revokes Visa Of Gold Medalist, Darfur Activist Cheek by sleekp1: 5:02pm On Aug 08, 2008
Kudos to deor03
No one could have put it better. I totally agree with you.
Re: China Revokes Visa Of Gold Medalist, Darfur Activist Cheek by c33b33(m): 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2008
CHINA will definitely have reason for doing that.But we should all know it isn't only China that abuse human right,most countries do it more!

(1) (Reply)

Should The Efcc Probe All The States Govs. That Collect 13% Derivation? / Somali Militants Seize Nigerian Ship / Glo Manual Configuration Add

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.