Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,486 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Some Common Misconceptions About Islam - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Common Misconceptions About Islam (4736 Views)

Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm / Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God / Dealing With Misconceptions : 10 Things The Bible Never Said About Creation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 03, 2015
kevoh:

Did someone just mention that ingesting pork has no medicinal value? By the way, your muslim brothers make it look like PIG is bad that's where I disagree not just pork.

If Islam is not against the use of pigs in medical research then why this:

My brother take it easy with sugarcoated lies.

The flu shot unnecessarily used pig gelatin as a base; any other animal gelatin could have been used; and it was INGESTED, which is prohibited.
You can see a fatwa on the permissibility of using pig valves in cardiac transplant here...

http://www.islamopediaonline.org/fatwa/it-permissible-have-grafts-pigs-example-biosynthetic-heart-valves-and-skin-grafts

As for how you choose to understand the prohibition of pork in Islam, that is your own affair.

Please watch your language. If you do not understand what I said, ask me to restate, or point out the error. Do not call me a liar.

@Weah96. What the article is saying is that the pig is often used for medical research, precisely because it has anatomical and physiological similarities to humans, which is exactly what I initially pointed out. Diseases that cross over from pigs are more likely to produce pandemics, because they are more likely to create human-to-human infection after the initial introduction; eg H1N1 (swine flu) which is human to human transmissible as against H5N1 (avian influenza) which is not. The Nipah virus is found in bats also, but it was pigs that formed the 'mixing pool' for transmission to humans that brought on the Malaysian Nipah virus outbreak. Zoonotic diseases are not exclusive to pigs, but pig pathogens are usually more adapted to survival and transmission in humans.
Also, ruminants are rarely used in medical/ drug research; not because it is not ethical or it is expensive; goats and sheep are also ruminants and they are not expensive. It is because, from an anatomical and drug interaction point of view, such research would not be as useful for learning about drug interactions in humans.

1 Like

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by kevoh(m): 5:16pm On Feb 03, 2015
Abuamam:

Please watch your language. If you do not understand what I said, ask me to restate, or point out the error. Do not call me a liar.

Pardon me if my tone sounded offensive.

Now back to business, the bone of contention here is ' Is Islam against Pig and pig related products or just only the consumption of pork? '' Remember,you stated that Islam is not against the use of pig for medical research, then your fellow brothers in the UK said otherwise:

However, religious leaders said the spray may be considered sinful as ingesting pig-related products is against Islamic law and it was “outrageous” that officials had failed to offer a “suitable” vaccine to Muslim children
@ boldface meaning even grounded pig bones, if discovered to be medicinal, could still be haram or forbidden in Islam.

So once and for all, enlighten us Is Islam against Pig and pig related products or just only the consumption of pork ?
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by Weah96: 6:21pm On Feb 03, 2015
Abuamam:

@Weah96. What the article is saying is that the pig is often used for medical research, precisely because it has anatomical and physiological similarities to humans, which is exactly what I initially pointed out. Diseases that cross over from pigs are more likely to produce pandemics, because they are more likely to create human-to-human infection after the initial introduction; eg H1N1 (swine flu) which is human to human transmissible as against H5N1 (avian influenza) which is not. The Nipah virus is found in bats also, but it was pigs that formed the 'mixing pool' for transmission to humans that brought on the Malaysian Nipah virus outbreak. Zoonotic diseases are not exclusive to pigs, but pig pathogens are usually more adapted to survival and transmission in humans.

There is a disease called mad cow disease, fatal in almost all cases, and it is transmitted from one human to the other like HIV is. It originates from bovine creatures. Bats, unlike birds, are mammals. Mammalian diseases spread easier among mammals period.

http://www.farmandranchguide.com/news/livestock/what-does-a-cattle-disease-look-like-in-a-human/article_41f0aeac-4b80-11e1-a531-0019bb2963f4.html

The animal of choice for any type of research right now is the rat because rats are also translational research animals, like most mammals are. The preferred animals are monkeys, or apes, but ethics prohibit the practice.

I was a boy when I realized that the texture of the skin of the pig resembled that of white people and some Arabs. Black people have no problem with swine as long as it is cooked well. Drinking an excessive amount of pure water can cause death, as can consistently eating pork meat like a glutton.

2 Likes

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by Ifeann(f): 7:19pm On Feb 03, 2015
Weah96:

There is a disease called mad cow disease, fatal in almost all cases, and it is transmitted from one human to the other like HIV is. It originates from bovine creatures. Bats, unlike birds, are mammals. Mammalian diseases spread easier among mammals period.

http://www.farmandranchguide.com/news/livestock/what-does-a-cattle-disease-look-like-in-a-human/article_41f0aeac-4b80-11e1-a531-0019bb2963f4.html

The animal of choice for any type of research right now is the rat because rats are also translational research animals, like most mammals are. The preferred animals are monkeys, or apes, but ethics prohibit the practice.

I was a boy when I realized that the texture of the skin of the pig resembled that of white people and some Arabs. Black people have no problem with swine as long as it is cooked well. Drinking an excessive amount of pure water can cause death, as can consistently eating pork meat like a glutton.

Very accurate explanations...No matter what u tell the dude he won't agree. . Mohammedians don't accept evidence or clearly explained facts ...only what Mohammed recited
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 03, 2015
Weah96:

Are you really a doctor? I thought you said you were in med school, in which case you would understand what I actually said. Also a doctor should know that BSE, or its human equivalent, cannot be transmitted human to human.

Weah96:

Perhaps this may help to put the use of pigs in research into proper perspective.
http://m.vet.sagepub.com/content/49/2/344.full

Weah96:

White people eat pork, so its prohibition cannot be for the reasons you are stating. The ancient Hebrews and Egyptians; who were predominantly negroid, also culturally did not eat pork. So I do not know where you arrived at your theory from. Skin hue is caused by the concentration of melanin and there is no structural difference between the skin of white, yellow, brown or black people. Black people can have problems with pork even when it is cooked well. Cysticercosis is not caused by eating uncooked pork. It is caused by poor hygeine when pigs are present or when a pig tapeworm infected person does not clean well. Of course, being a doctor, you should know that.
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by Empiree: 10:10pm On Feb 03, 2015
This sounds like healthy civil dialogue unlike a rogue whining all over nairaland trying to impose what she perceived truth about Islam. I can't deduce anything from such discussions.

This conversation however is healthy, polite and matured despite being bumpy as some point within the discourse. And I'm not talking a lunatic attacking Muslims on every thread even though she made little uncivilized contribution here.

Keep it going.

1 Like

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 03, 2015
Empiree:
This sounds like healthy civil dialogue unlike a rogue whining all over nairaland trying to impose what she perceived truth about Islam. I can't deduce anything from such discussions.

This conversation however is healthy, polite and matured despite being bumpy as some point within the discourse. And I'm not talking a lunatic attacking Muslims on every thread even though she made little uncivilized contribution here.

Keep it going.
sometimes I just laugh at ya! How wld ya call her majesty rogue, she iz better and far better and intelligent dan ya, more knowledgeable dan ya wen is to religious parole even in ya islam. Shez vast and all her points re accurate. So whoz den d rogue. Ma bro ya lack wisdom!
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by Empiree: 10:24pm On Feb 03, 2015
^ Please don't derail this thread. Thanks
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 03, 2015
Empiree:
^ Please don't derail this thread. Thanks
like ya sick, does dis lookblike islamic section? If ya want to promote ya religion go to ya section and stop coming here to say shit and expect to go away wif it. As far as am concern I will kip on lashing islam. Seun, is a christian and he founded dis forum, ya muslims re not ashame of yaself dat nufin ya can't event only to come on NL created by "infidel" and behave like kids. Using dis medium to let Seun know dat dis islam got their section and nobody goes dere to disturb dem and if dey come ya and see anytin offensive dey shld take it dat way. Seun pls take note!
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by Weah96: 11:10pm On Feb 03, 2015
Abuamam:

Are you really a doctor? I thought you said you were in med school, in which case you would understand what I actually said. Also a doctor should know that BSE, or its human equivalent, cannot be transmitted human to human.

Perhaps this may help to put the use of pigs in research into proper perspective.
http://m.vet.sagepub.com/content/49/2/344.full

White people eat pork, so its prohibition cannot be for the reasons you are stating. The ancient Hebrews and Egyptians; who were predominantly negroid, also culturally did not eat pork. So I do not know where you arrived at your theory from. Skin hue is caused by the concentration of melanin and there is no structural difference between the skin of white, yellow, brown or black people. Black people can have problems with pork even when it is cooked well. Cysticercosis is not caused by eating uncooked pork. It is caused by poor hygeine when pigs are present or when a pig tapeworm infected person does not clean well. Of course, being a doctor, you should know that.

I'm not a doctor dude, neither am I a medical student. But I do have a master's in cell biology, if that counts for anything. I return to GSU in the fall to finish what I started.

You're absolutely correct. Mad cow's disease isn't transmissible through sex. But it has been found to infect people through blood transfusions.

BSE can be transmitted from one human to another through cannibalism or through transplantation of infected tissue. Consequently, certain human blood products and blood donations are not accepted from people who have lived in areas of the world where BSE outbreaks have occurred in cattle

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/mad_cow_disease_and_variant_creutzfeldt-jakob/article_em.htm

I'm recalling these things from memory, since the H1N1, Mad cows, and SARS were all in the news ad nauseam only a few years ago, and I remembered hearing that the human mad cow, like H1N1, was highly communicable. I was mistaken. SARS was the disease that had travelers wearing masks over their faces, not human BSE.

There are differences between skin types, don't let anyone deceive you. These differences range from the size and number of structures present to barrier function.

"Changes in skin biophysical properties with age demonstrate that the more darkly pigmented subjects retaining younger skin properties compared with the more lightly pigmented groups. However, [size=15pt]despite having a more compact stratum corneum (SC)[/size] there are conflicting reports on barrier function in these subjects. Nevertheless, [size=15pt]upon a chemical or mechanical challenge the SC barrier function is reported to be stronger in subjects with darker skin despite having the reported lowest ceramide levels.[/size] One has to remember that barrier function relates to the total architecture of the SC and not just its lipid levels. Asian skin is reported to possess a similar basal transepidermal water loss (TEWL) to Caucasian skin and similar ceramide levels but upon mechanical challenge it has the weakest barrier function. Differences in intercellular cohesion are obviously apparent."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18492142

I interpret this to mean that our skin is tougher than that of the pig/white people.

Regarding your article on pig as a research animal, here is what I got from it:

The rationale for the use of pigs, and particularly minipigs, as an increasingly[size=15pt] common alternative choice of nonrodent species[/size] in regulatory toxicology studies is discussed.

Like I said before, the phrase lab rat exists for a reason. Rats are the primary research animals across all medical and pharmacological disciplines. In fact, human brain cells have been transplanted into rats with great success. The rats displayed a level of increased intelligence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2290202/Transplanting-human-brain-cells-rats-makes-cleverer-scientists-believe.html
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by mahdino: 9:11am On Aug 03, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Dear op,

You are lying about monogamy. I don't know why a muslim will tell us christians what is in the bible. I respect muslims that talk about their faith respectfully but you sir, are lying about christianity to advance your faith. I know that honest muslims do not behave like this.

Monongamy is in the new testament of the bible. Jesus prescribed it;

3 And Pharisees came up to him and rtested him by asking, s“Is it lawful to divorce one’s wife for any cause?” 4 He answered, t“Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, u‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and vthe two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two but one flesh. wWhat therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.

Brother, you have not proved your point. The fact you are saying that God said a man and woman should come together and be one does not mean that marrying more than one is forbidden in the Bible as God send the laws to the prophets and they are righteous guide for us to follow, check and see how many wives have they? more than one. You can google and see how the law was made on monogamy centuries back, not God's law.
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 6:09pm On Aug 03, 2015
mahdino:

Brother, you have not proved your point. The fact you are saying that God said a man and woman should come together and be one does not mean that marrying more than one is forbidden in the Bible as God send the laws to the prophets and they are righteous guide for us to follow, check and see how many wives have they? more than one. You can google and see how the law was made on monogamy centuries back, not God's law.

Jesus said "two shall become one". He didnt say "4 shall become one"

Stop lying against christianity
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by mahdino: 10:59am On Aug 04, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Jesus said "two shall become one". He didnt say "4 shall become one"

Stop lying against christianity

Why cant 4 become one? when he said ... I in you, you in them(12 disciples) all become one''...
And who says if 2 become 1, 2,3 or 4 cannot become 1.
See i have explain to your that our noble prophets most married more than one and did not condem it, then what you have to do is show me from the bible where it said you should marry only one or marrying more than one is not allowed[i][/i]
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by Emusan(m): 11:33am On Aug 04, 2015
mahdino:
Brother, you have not proved your point.

Very funny after reading below statement of yours.

The fact you are saying that [size=14pt]God said a man and woman[/size] should come together and be one does not mean that marrying more than one is forbidden in the Bible

Just listing to yourself, you agree that God said: A MAN and WOMAN-(both singular) but you can still conclude that marrying more than ONE is not prohibited.

Why not plural?
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by mahdino: 7:36am On Aug 11, 2015
Emusan:

Very funny after reading below statement of yours.

Just listing to yourself, you agree that God said: A MAN and WOMAN-(both singular) but you can still conclude that marrying more than ONE is not prohibited.

Why not plural?

Mr. Emusan, long time how are u and the family hope everything is fine.
Mr. Emusan allow your self to be free. You already have things at the back of your mind.
Why did God allow his prophets (which he speaks to) to marry more than one wives? Still you have fail to show a single place in the bible where polygamy is prohibited. In an important things of life and religion you dont use assumption to judge, you have to have it in black and white clearly stated. almost all the prophets practice polygamy and Jesus even for once did not condemn it. Thank you.
Please i lost your phone No. you can flash me if u have mine or post it here.

1 Like

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by Emusan(m): 2:18pm On Aug 11, 2015
mahdino:
Mr. Emusan, long time how are u and the family hope everything is fine.

I'm doing great by the help of God through His Son Jesus Christ.
How are you and the family doing also?

Mr. Emusan allow your self to be free.

From what sir?

You already have things at the back of your mind.

Everybody does but the knowledge of God superseded it all.

Why did God allow his prophets (which he speaks to) to marry more than one wives?

Thank Yahweh you used ALLOW not commanded as Muhammad usually claimed.

The critical part is God has already laid down the golden rule "Man shall leave his father and mother and CLIFF UNTO HIS WIVE (singular)" so if one disobeyed God and married more than one it's not God's command but YOUR OWN DISOBEDIENT.

Still you have fail to show a single place in the bible where polygamy is prohibited.

After the quote from Genesis and Jesus Christ Himself you can still say this.

In an important things of life and religion you dont use assumption to judge, you have to have it in black and white clearly stated.

So where does it written black and white that people can marry more than one wife? If not your own assumption that some people married more than one wife.

almost all the prophets practice polygamy and Jesus even for once did not condemn it.

Thank Yahweh again that you used ALMOST but NOT ALL.

Lemme give you this Bible Study assignment: find out the circumstances that surrounded marrying more than one wife by those prophets and the message God was using it to pass to us.

But Jesus can allude to the same golden rule God laid down when He was addressing an issue related to marriage.

Thank you.

Bitte Schön!

Please i lost your phone No. you can flash me if u have mine or post it here.

I'm sorry I don't have yours either but this is mine 08126378332

Remain bless.
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by Empiree: 3:40pm On Aug 11, 2015
Emusan, indeed. Why are you deceiving yourself?. Are you trying to change the nature?. It's mandated (even though it's not obligatory) for man to marry more than one woman. It's man's nature. Look at "Nollywood", many of whom are christians have concubines, secret wives, or even openly married second, third and 4th wives.

Do you listen to some of them lately openly saying that Muslims are correct?. Jibola Debo is typical example of that. That one woman is not enough for a man. Quran allows up to 4 wives. That's what matters. In the West where they frown at more than one wife, they marry one but have girl friends and sex partners outside of their matrimonia homes. That's not safe for women at all. That's like using women as sex object without security. So what are you talking about.

When i was in High school, my vice principal who is a christian married 5 women in the city. But his job was in village as VP. He slept with students as he wishes. He even failed some guys for competing with him i:e he snatched their GFs from them. He's a pastor in the city known to marry 5 wives. But he's a fornicator in the village and he's also called pastor/vp vis a vis. Many of them like that. Dont tell me "he's just a bad egg. He's not following the scripture". That's irrelevant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 7:01pm On Aug 11, 2015
Empiree:
Emusan, indeed. Why are you deceiving yourself?. Are you trying to change the nature?. It's mandated (even though it's not obligatory) for man to marry more than one woman. It's man's nature. Look at "Nollywood", many of whom are christians have concubines, secret wives, or even openly married second, third and 4th wives.

Do you listen to some of them lately openly saying that Muslims are correct?. Jibola Debo is typical example of that. That one woman is not enough for a man. Quran allows up to 4 wives. That's what matters. In the West where they frown at more than one wife, they marry one but have girl friends and sex partners outside of their matrimonia homes. That's not safe for women at all. That's like using women as sex object without security. So what are you talking about.

When i was in High school, my vice principal who is a christian married 5 women in the city. But his job was in village as VP. He slept with students as he wishes. He even failed some guys for competing with him i:e he snatched their GFs from them. He's a pastor in the city known to marry 5 wives. But he's a fornicator in the village and he's also called pastor/vp vis a vis. Many of them like that. Dont tell me "he's just a bad egg. He's not following the scripture". That's irrelevant

I could also bring up "Bin Laden" and tell you not to give me the excuse that "he's a bad egg" or "not following scripture".

Your logic is bad. Don't use nollywood or one randy christian to criticize christianity
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by Empiree: 7:12pm On Aug 11, 2015
Shaking my head bro. Your comparison is flawed. Here we talking about Halal(permissible) and Haram(prohibited). So basically, this is about permisibility of plural marriage being legal or not. This is contrary to killing. No religion says to kill. We see throughout the Bible God's prophets married more than one. This is not about criticizing christianity. Whats wrong with you.
AllNaijaBlogger:

I could also bring up "Bin Laden" and tell you not to give me the excuse that "he's a bad egg" or "not following scripture".

Your logic is bad. Don't use nollywood or one randy christian to criticize christianity
And no, to us muslims, they (christians who marry more than one wife) are not 'bad eggs'. They simply obey and follow fitra (natural instinct). They are the good followers of prophets. Singular marriage is false (if that's the belief of some). They lie but have concubines while preaching something else. Those christians who make plural marriage haram are changing God's order. They are the culprits

1 Like

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
Empiree:
Shaking my head bro. Your comparison is flawed. Here we talking about Halal(permissible) and Haram(prohibited). So basically, this is about permisibility of plural marriage being legal or not. This is contrary to killing. No religion says to kill. We see throughout the Bible God's prophets married more than one. This is not about criticizing christianity. Whats wrong with you.And no, to us muslims, they (christians who marry more than one wife) are not 'bad eggs'. They simply obey and follow fitra (natural instinct). They are the good followers of prophets. Singular marriage is false (if that's the belief of some). They lie but have concubines why preaching something else. Those christians who make plural marriage haram are changing God's order. They are the culprits

undecided

Jesus didnt marry and Paul didnt have two wives. New testament, bro.

Go and sleep.
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by Empiree: 8:10pm On Aug 11, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

undecided

Jesus didnt marry and Paul didnt have two wives. New testament, bro.

Go and sleep.
Mr. Paul again?....after he was trashed countless times you still brought hiim up here smh. As for Jesus, that's very easy to answer from Islamic epistemology. It tells us that Jesus(p) will return and live for 40 yrs on earth to accomplish his unaccomplished mission over 2000 yrs ago. It says that Jesus(p) will marry (I hope it is going to be a beautiful Palestinian Muslim gir) and have children. That's our belief as Muslims. You can deny that. That's your prerogative.

1 Like

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
Empiree:
Mr. Paul again?....after he was trashed countless times you still brought hiim up here smh. As for Jesus, that's very easy to answer from Islamic epistemology. It tells us that Jesus(p) will return and live for 40 yrs on earth to accomplish his unaccomplished mission over 2000 yrs ago. It says that Jesus(p) will marry (I hope it is going to be a beautiful Palestinian Muslim gir) and have children. That's our belief as Muslims. You can deny that. That's your prerogative.

Go and sleep. You can marry 15 wives like your sweet nectar did. No one is holding you.
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by Emusan(m): 8:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
Empiree:

Seriously shaking my head for you!
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by Empiree: 9:13pm On Aug 11, 2015
Emusan:

Seriously shaking my head for you!
You better not shake it too much becus it may come off grin

You 'seriously' shake it cus you have no counterclaim
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by Empiree: 9:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Go and sleep. You can marry 15 wives like your sweet nectar did. No one is holding you.
May God gift us wisdom.

Can't you see around you there are more women than men?. Dont you think there is flaw in your theology as it doesnt respond properly to large quantity of women over men?.

Our prophet(P) said 1400yrs ago that one of the Signs of Last Age is there will be more women than men to the extent that one man will maintain 50 women. Isn't that happening now?.
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by zeyney(f): 10:03pm On Aug 11, 2015
[quote author=I

John 16: 12 -14 clearly describes the Holy spirit.. the spirit of truth.....please Was Mohammed a spirit . Remeber the satanic verses, al taqiyyah and kitman all a product of the quran .

Even Reading other similar verses in the NT shows it is the Holy spirit which in fact came on the disciples and has remained with christains ever since..

I Wil Lyk 2 Engage U On Som Valid Point If U Re Open Minded Nd Truthful
John 16:7 Jesus Said:"nevertheless I Tel U D Truth.It Is 2 Ur Advantage Dat I Go Away,4 If I Dnt Go D Comforter Wil Nt Cum"
Dis Shows Dat D Helper Who Is Also D Spirit Of Truth Or Comforter Wud Onli Cum Wen Jesus Depart D World Nd Nt In His Life Time.Hw Den Can 1 Beliv D Holy Spirit 2 B D Spirit Of Truth Wen D Holy Spirit Has Been Coming 2 D World Both B4 Nd During Jesus Tym On Earth
Luke 3:22"The Holy Spirit Descended On Jesus Lyk A Dove Wen He Was Baptized In River Jordan".Dis Provest Dat D Holy Spirit Had Been In D Wrld B4 Nd During Jesus Ministry
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Islam by mahdino: 2:39pm On Oct 28, 2015
ebamma:
Lie to me season 5

The word "Muhammad" in the Bible (in Original Hebrew)
The name "Muhammad" is written in the Bible in the original Hebrew language.

In the 5th chapter of the Shir haShirim ( שיר השירים ), which is one of the five megilot or Sacred Scrolls that are part of the Hebrew Bible or for short the "Song of Solomon" (also called "Song of Songs"wink. That chapter is giving a prophecy about an individual to come, a mystery man.

Song of Songs 5:15 compares this prophetic mystery man to the land of "Lebanon" which is the land of the Arabs. This implies that the mystery man would be an Arab.

Verse 15 of the NIV Bible says: “His appearance is like Lebanon", so this is an Arabic gentleman (or Arab looking).

Verse 11 says: "his head is as the most fine gold, his locks are
wavy, and black as a raven". Verse 10 describes this man as being "radiant and ruddy" which means he was slightly light-skinned with a rosy color. This physical description matches exactly with the authentic Islamic sources.
Sahih Al Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 747, says Muhammad was slightly light skinned, with a rosy color (and has the same hair as is mentioned in verse 11)

Song of Songs 5:10 says: "My beloved is white and ruddy, pre-eminent above ten thousand." This is a prophecy of Prophet Muhammad as he conquered Mecca. It is a well known historically documented fact that in the year 630 CE Muhammad entered Mecca as the leader of an army of "ten thousand men".

In reading the English translation of Song of Songs 5:16 it finishes the description by saying: "He is altogether lovely" but what most people don't know is that the name of that man was given in the original megilot. Here is the name written in ancient Hebrew as it appears in verse sixteen: מחמד . It is read as : "Mahammad".

Hebrew: חִכּוֹ, מַמְתַקִּים, וְכֻלּוֹ, מַחֲמַדִּים; זֶה דוֹדִי וְזֶה רֵעִי, בְּנוֹת יְרוּשָׁלִָם.

English: His mouth is most sweet; yea, he is ALTOGETHER LOVELY. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

There is a plural used together with this Hebrew word, with
the plural it’s pronounced “Mahamadd-im”. The ending letters 'im' is a plural of respect, majesty and grandeur for God’s prophet, just as in the word Eloh-im.

According to Ben Yehuda's Hebrew-English Dictionary, it is correctly pronounced as "Mahammad".

If you don't believe me, go to these translator links, paste the name מחמד and then translate it into English. You will see that מחמד is translated as "Muhammad".

http://www.freetranslation.com/

http://worldlingo.com/en/products_servi … lator.html

You can also see and listen to the Song of Songs in its original form, in Hebrew where Muhammad is mentioned by name in the below link (please notice the "im" in Hebrew is a plural of respect):

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt3005.htm

Watch the whole video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm3sZfPwv1g

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Strange Things About The Church Called COZA / What's That Thing Said By The Preacher That Compelled You To Repent? / Atheist And Scientist,what Is Your Problem With The Dolphin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.