Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Mother Of Five Nabbed By NDLEA While Exporting Heroin To Husband - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mother Of Five Nabbed By NDLEA While Exporting Heroin To Husband (847 Views)

Boko Haram Member Nabbed By Officials While Trying To Attack Citizens. Photo / Mrs Aisha Buhari's Reaction To Husband's Attack In Kaduna Yesterday / Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Of Five Nabbed By NDLEA While Exporting Heroin To Husband by Paretomaster(m): 5:56am On Jan 03, 2014
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, has nabbed a 34-year-old housewife, Ngozi Nsofor, for attempting to export 195 grammes of heroin to her husband in Liberia.

The drug which was allegedly concealed in the false bottom of a bag of female artificial hair was intercepted on Tuesday during a search of luggage to Monrovia via an Arik flight at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.

The mother of five, who feigned ignorance of how the illegal substance found its way to her bag, claimed the bag was sent to her by her husband.

She said, “My husband called me from Liberia, where he lives, that somebody will give me a bag. He told me to buy female artificial hair, put in the bag and send it back to him.

“I bought the hair attachment as instructed by my husband. This is not my first time of sending goods to my husband. Unfortunately, heroin was discovered in the bag during a search by officers at the airport. I was shocked at the discovery. I ought to be preparing for my New Year celebration back home, but I am here writing a statement”.

NDLEA Lagos Airport Commander, Mr. Hamza Umar, said, “The artificial hair was a distraction because the heroin was industrially concealed in a false bottom of the bag. It took the experience of the officers to have detected the drug. Preliminary investigation indicates that it is a family business. The suspect will soon be charged to court”.

Speaking in the same vein, Chairman of the NDLEA, Mr. Ahmadu Giade, described the development as sad.

He said, “It is sad that a married couple can be involved in drug trafficking. What legacy are they bequeathing to their children? Parents must live by example because they have a responsibility to inculcate discipline in their children. Efforts are ongoing to determine the role of the husband in this matter”.

http://www.informationng.com/2014/01/mother-of-five-nabbed-by-ndlea-while-exporting-heroin-to-husband.html
Re: Mother Of Five Nabbed By NDLEA While Exporting Heroin To Husband by Paretomaster(m): 5:58am On Jan 03, 2014
This is 2014 o, una no dey repent? all d same KWENU grin grin
Re: Mother Of Five Nabbed By NDLEA While Exporting Heroin To Husband by naijasofamerica(f): 6:02am On Jan 03, 2014
Not again!!! This is not something to begin the new year with. Everyone should be positive & the Lord shall Guide & Bless Us All... Happy New Year....

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of Five Nabbed By NDLEA While Exporting Heroin To Husband by Tolexander: 6:05am On Jan 03, 2014
She said, “My husband called
me from Liberia, where he
lives, that somebody will give
me a bag. He told me to buy
female artificial hair, put in the
bag and send it back to him.
this woman isn't smart at all. The explanation she gave isn't convincing.
Re: Mother Of Five Nabbed By NDLEA While Exporting Heroin To Husband by Aaminbello: 6:15am On Jan 03, 2014
Everyday is for the thief, but one day...

In other news, meet up with other nigerians on skype via www.nairaland.com/1577842/skype-nigeria-contact-exchange
Re: Mother Of Five Nabbed By NDLEA While Exporting Heroin To Husband by Cooldude001: 6:18am On Jan 03, 2014
This is not a moment to go tribal, we should see ourselves all as Nigerians. Meanwhile, there are legal ways to make it in Nigeria not Smuggling drugs. Wish Us All A Prosperous New Year...

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of Five Nabbed By NDLEA While Exporting Heroin To Husband by achi4u(m): 6:21am On Jan 03, 2014
na wa o...what can we do to discourage this greedy people from going into to outlaw businesses, all in the name to hit it big once and begin to show off their illegal wealth?
Re: Mother Of Five Nabbed By NDLEA While Exporting Heroin To Husband by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:41am On Jan 03, 2014
When i saw the thread, i made a guess. And when i checked the name, i was 100% correct.

Its them! undecided

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Five Nabbed By NDLEA While Exporting Heroin To Husband by geeez: 6:59am On Jan 03, 2014
Old habits die hard

May they continue to be caught

Omo ole jati jati
Re: Mother Of Five Nabbed By NDLEA While Exporting Heroin To Husband by Akshow: 7:01am On Jan 03, 2014
achi4u: na wa o...what can we do to discourage this greedy people from going into to outlaw businesses, all in the name to hit it big once and begin to show off their illegal wealth?
bad people, drug peddlers, prostitute, ritual killers etc have only one tribe: "bad people".
Re: Mother Of Five Nabbed By NDLEA While Exporting Heroin To Husband by MayorofLagos(m): 7:21am On Jan 03, 2014
They wonder why Yorubaland crime rate is high, in one week we have 15 Ibo criminals arrested already. Just in one week! Where is Ms Braide to come run her spin machine..the machine sef don tire to see IDPs on this list everyday.
Re: Mother Of Five Nabbed By NDLEA While Exporting Heroin To Husband by texaco1: 7:48am On Jan 03, 2014
achi4u: na wa o...what can we do to discourage this greedy people from going into to outlaw businesses, all in the name to hit it big once and begin to show off their illegal wealth?
the best and most effective way to stop this crime or even reduce it is to use the IDIAGBON JUDGMENT trust me ,people will think twice before engaging in it again.
Re: Mother Of Five Nabbed By NDLEA While Exporting Heroin To Husband by XLR8(m): 9:04am On Jan 03, 2014
5 children when family planning dey..they couldn't take care of them and so resorted to smuggling
Re: Mother Of Five Nabbed By NDLEA While Exporting Heroin To Husband by akins56(m): 9:40am On Jan 03, 2014
oluwa oo,,i guessed what the name could look like,,and alas!,,i was 100% correct!,,can somebody tell those people to stop making all Nigerians looks like criminals!
Re: Mother Of Five Nabbed By NDLEA While Exporting Heroin To Husband by Burger01(m): 11:15am On Jan 03, 2014
SLIDE waxie: When i saw the thread, i made a guess. And when i checked the name, i was 100% correct.

Its them! undecided

Its 'them' o my brother angry
Re: Mother Of Five Nabbed By NDLEA While Exporting Heroin To Husband by mgbeketoto: 12:00pm On Jan 03, 2014
Chinekeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
These people nor dey taya? cry
They will be making noise on NL. . .
Phocking drug-pusherz!

(1) (Reply)

*Breaking News Breaking New* / Why Pdp Think They Can Win Osun Election / Incredible! The Sun Newspapers Online Website Hacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.