Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband (1495 Views)

Top ISIS Member Arrested While Attempting To Flee To Nigeria / Mrs Aisha Buhari's Reaction To Husband's Attack In Kaduna Yesterday / Mother Of Five Nabbed By NDLEA While Exporting Heroin To Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by oduaboy1: 5:51pm On Jan 03, 2014
A 34-year-old housewife, Ngozi Nsofor, has been arrested by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency for attempting to export 195 grammes of heroin to her husband in Liberia.
The drug was allegedly concealed inside a bag of female artificial hair and was intercepted on Tuesday during a search of luggage to Monrovia via an Arik flight at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.
A mother of five, Nsofor said the bag was sent to her by her husband. She claimed ignorance of the heroin that was found hidden in the bag.
She said, “My husband called me from Liberia, where he lives, that somebody will give me a bag. He told me to buy female artificial hair, put in the bag and send it back to him.
“I bought the hair attachment as instructed by my husband. This is not my first time of sending goods to my husband. Unfortunately, heroin was discovered in the bag during a search by officers at the airport. I was shocked at the discovery. I ought to be preparing for my New Year celebration back home, but I am here writing a statement.”
NDLEA Lagos Airport Commander, Mr. Hamza Umar, said, “The artificial hair was a distraction because the heroin was industrially concealed in a false bottom of the bag. It took the experience of the officers to have detected the drug. Preliminary investigation indicates that it is a family business. The suspect will soon be charged to court.”
Chairman of the NDLEA, Mr.Ahmadu Giade, described the development as sad.
He said, “It is sad that a married couple can be involved in drug trafficking. What legacy are they bequeathing to their children? Parents must live by example because they have a responsibility to inculcate discipline in their children. Efforts are ongoing to determine the role of the husband in this matter.”
http://www.punchng.com/metro/wife-arrested-while-exporting-heroin-to-husband/

Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by oduaboy1: 5:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
What legacy is this ibo woman bequeathing to her children?

The art of drugpushing...Sadsadsadsadsadsad

1 Like

Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by Garrithe1st: 5:54pm On Jan 03, 2014
Let us focus on the crime and not the tribe....

angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by phantom(m): 5:59pm On Jan 03, 2014
Garri the 1st: Let us focus on the crime and not the tribe....

angry angry
gringrin....i.diot
Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by mgbeketoto: 6:01pm On Jan 03, 2014
Oh dia!
Not again.
DEM NOR DEY TAYA? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by Garrithe1st: 6:05pm On Jan 03, 2014
phantom: gringrin....i.diot

Why the insult??

angry angry

1 Like

Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by macjive01: 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2014
Taiwo Akinwande, popularly known as Yetunde Wunmi, is one of the most notable actresses in the Yoruba movie industry.

She joined the acting world in 1981 as an apprentice under Sunday Akinola (Mogaji Feyikogbon) but later left in 1989 to team up with the Tate Alade Aromire. The light-complexioned actress has appeared in so many movies that she has even lost count of them.

[img]http://nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L3d1bWlpaWlpaWlpaWkuanBnfDYwMA==[/img]

In this interview with BAYO ADEOYE, the actress who was arrested, prosecuted and convicted for drug peddling, spoke about the challenges she faced on her journey to stardom, her views about the Nigerian movie industry and her ordeal in detention when she was arrested and jailed for possession of hard drugs at the Lagos Airport.

How do you manage your family and your acting profession?

I'm managing very well. I thank God that my children are grown ups and they are on their own. When they were still young during that time I told you earlier, I had a junior who was staying with me then and assisted in looking after them for me. Whenever I was away then, I would drop money for them to eat and equally bought food stuffs at home for them. Then, I could leave for two or three months before returning. I thank God that He gave me only two and I was able to take good care of them.

So, how about your husband?

My husband is alive but we are no longer together.

What happened? It seems that most actresses don't keep their marriages

It's this job. I love this job more than my husband.

And you sacrificed your husband for this job?

Yes, because I so much love this job.

When you married him, was he not aware of what you were doing for a living?

I'd married my husband before I took up acting as profession. In fact, I'd given birth.

You children were born to your estranged husband; so why did you have to leave?

It was when he didn't like this job and I liked it. It was what I could regard asf conflict of interest.

So, you couldn't drop this job to save your marriage?

No, I can't drop it for any man. Never! In fact, never ever! Except when God calls me home; that's when I can be[ done. As long as I'm still alive withouti any ailment, V11 keep going.

So, you are not even thinking of quitting at a certain age?

No, I^n not thinking about that at all. I'm not engaged in any other job.

Could you recall your own movies you've produced?

They are numerous. I did 'Odun Mejo' and Salawa Abeni played the major role in that movie. I did 'Opa Ajobi, 'Ade Ori', 'Omo Okunrin', 'Jawonlaya', 'Oro Omo Le', 'Aje Niyonu', 'Egbogi Oloro', 'Ori OIowo L'ori Mi' and so many others.

After your brush with the law for being in possession of cocaine, how did you pick up your life from there?

Muslims believe that if anything happens to them, it's only mere trial. May God not allow us to get into a trial that we won't end. So, it's only a trial for me and God just tested my faith. Even when God wants to test a Christian, He will give him a little problem and if the problem should go ahead and bring him down, that's where he will end his life. But if such a problem should arise and the person who is with it believes God brought it, he can pray that God should lift it without looking here and there; and I believe that God will put an end to the problem and that particular person will stand on his feet once again.

What were you thinking then; was it a plot by someone?

No, I didn't see it as a plot by anyone. I just saw that while I was in detention, I was thanking God that He kept me for a certain purpose because I didn't know what happened. Who knows maybe if I were to be out there, I would have died. So, I kept thanking God and I couldn't even think anybody was looking at me. I thank God because I snouted onto God and He answered me. It is God that called me to this job and not any human being.

While in detention what was actually going through your mind. Did you ever think that you would come out or be j ailed?

I was only praying to almighty Allah to forgive me and protect me through the ordeal and He did.

What really pushed you into that act?

Maybe I allowed my love for money to get too much over me. I was actually very broke at that time. Then? I could not boast of N10,000 in my savmgs. It was that bad. It was actually a temptation. And I thank God for His mercy.

Didn't you face stigmatization and dejection even from your colleagues when you returned?

No, not at all. They were very supportive. Alhamdulilahi, they stood by me.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by macjive01: 6:29pm On Jan 03, 2014
Nigerian (SW) criminal gangs busted yet again

http://naijanet.com/news/source/2009/sep/9/1000.html
Naijanet.com

Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota: 11 Nigerians face federal charges for credit card scam

BOB VON STERNBERG

Eleven people have been charged in federal court in the Twin Cities with fraud for a counterfeit credit card scam that allegedly netted them more than $650,000.

The defendants were charged last week with using the bogus cards to withdraw the cash from more than 170 automatic teller machines in the metro area.

According to the criminal complaint filed last week in U.S. District Court, the defendants obtained personal information about customers of Capital One Bank from an online source based in the Ukraine.

With the stolen information in hand, the defendants allegedly manufactured the counterfeit cards with that information. They were then able to obtain new personal ID numbers from the bank which allowed them to withdraw $652,205 from the teller machines.

According to the complaint, some of the stolen money was converted into cashier checks and used to purchase vehicle parts or vehicles with salvage titles; the vehicles were then shipped to Nigeria, and sold at inflated prices.

Some of the defendants allegedly recruited Nigerian residents in Minneapolis to buy vehicles at auto auctions, giving them cash to make the purchases.

According to a U.S. Secret Service affidavit, one of the defendants bragged about how he could not "get caught conducting his illegal activity" because he was "very good at covering his tracks."

Charged with one count of bank fraud and one count of access device fraud are Adekunle Kayode Ayeni, 27, Yewande Mariam Sholebo, unknown age, Adewale Alba Alli, unknown age, Olayemi Lateef Banjoko, unknown age, Idowu Ayinla Sadiq, unknown age, Abiodun Banjoko, unknown age, and Oyetoyin Oseni Atobatele, unknown age, all of Fridley; along with Bashiru Adelumola Fowoshere, 36, and Titilayo Abidewi Fowoshere, unknown age, both of Ramsey; Oriyomi Enitan Olowosago, unknown age, Brooklyn Park; and Ajibola Alli Fowoshere, 34, address unknown.

Eight of the 11 were arrested last Friday, when they also made their initial court appearance. Three remain at large.

1 Like

Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by oduaboy1: 6:37pm On Jan 03, 2014
Macjive stop derailing the thread Idio.t

1 Like

Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by macjive01: 6:43pm On Jan 03, 2014
odua boy: Macjive stop derailing the thread Idio.t

Have you no respect for your father's mate ?

2 Likes

Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by oduaboy1: 6:45pm On Jan 03, 2014
macjive01:

Have you no respect for your father's mate ?
Open another thread and pour your vituperations there foool!!!

1 Like

Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by macjive01: 6:51pm On Jan 03, 2014
odua boy: Open another thread and pour your vituperations there foool!!!

i will not reduce myself to your rascal level and dance naked in the open. I am a reserved conservative fellow , who is a humanist and born-again christian who sees the face of god daily like Moses in the Bible. But i dare u, if you are a man, cast another iota of aspersion on my person and see me unleash the curses of Hades upon you and your household this new year, and lets see how well off you will be by August the 8th.

1 Like

Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by oduaboy1: 6:59pm On Jan 03, 2014
macjive01:

i will not reduce myself to your rascal level and dance naked in the open. i am a reserved conservative fellow , who is a humanist and born-again christian who see the face of god daily. but i dare u . if you are a man cast another aota of aspersion on my person and see me unleash the curses of Hades upon you and your household this new year, and lets see how well off you will be by August the 8th.
You reduced yourself to my rascal level...the moment you started posting crimes commited by yorubas on the thread when clearly it has nothing to do with the subject of discourse..

You can as well bring hades himself to curse me and see those curses returned to your household in a thousand folds.

Moro'n

1 Like

Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by Italiano1: 7:07pm On Jan 03, 2014
macjive01:

i will not reduce myself to your rascal level and dance naked in the open. i am a reserved conservative fellow , who is a humanist and born-again christian who see the face of god daily. but i dare u . if you are a man cast another aota of aspersion on my person and see me unleash the curses of Hades upon you and your household this new year, and lets see how well off you will be by August the 8th.

You are born again and reserved but you had the effrontery to make this reckless comment?

change the IRC inland revenue commission head, put a young, strong-minded , diligent, non-Yoruba personnel- Yorubas are never tough on corruption or diligent tough operation due to their nature of "easily swayed by pleads and begs" , there could be exceptions though.

I think you should be ashamed of yourself
Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by macjive01: 7:10pm On Jan 03, 2014
Italiano1:

You are born again and reserved but you had the effrontery to make this reckless comment?

I think you should be ashamed of yourself

bring-it-on on the appropriate thread and i will be happy to debate you to the end.
Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by oduaboy1: 7:30pm On Jan 03, 2014
macjive01:

bring-it-on on the appropriate thread and i will be happy to debate you to the end.
So a self acclaimed born again christain and mouthpiece of God casted aspersion on a whole tribe for the mistakes of few

You've been unmasked for the hypocrite you are
macjive01: change the IRC inland revenue commission head, put a young, strong-minded , diligent, non-Yoruba personnel- Yorubas are never tough on corruption or diligent tough operation due to their nature of "easily swayed by pleads and begs" , there could be exceptions though
Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by collynzo2(m): 8:28pm On Jan 03, 2014
Good job Macjive.
Igbo soldiers going strong!

1 Like

Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by oduaboy1: 8:37pm On Jan 03, 2014
collynzo2: Good job Macjive.
Igbo soldiers going strong!
Stop giving your battered kinsfolk a false sense of hope.
Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by cashkid18(m): 8:53pm On Jan 03, 2014
grin grin.d yeriba op dt rushed to open dis thread is no wia to b found tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by backtosender: 9:35pm On Jan 03, 2014
biko bab suwe don shit finish for bucket abi make i ask NDLAundecided

2 Likes

Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by oduaboy1: 9:50pm On Jan 03, 2014
cashkid18: grin grin.d yeriba op dt rushed to open dis thread is no wia to b found tongue tongue
Am here gidigba..Minions like you can't ruffle a feather on me.
Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by oduaboy1: 10:18am On Jan 04, 2014
Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by geeez: 10:26am On Jan 04, 2014
A woman was arrested for drugs this year and one ret.ard comes to post crimes of over two years ago for what?

To take attention away from the fact or the truth that out nine out of every ten drug peddlers is a Igbo?

Keep living in denial. It doesn't change the fact that everyone in Nigeria and outside it associates Igbos with crime both in and outside Nigeria

You can stretch the thread to three pages with Yoruba crimes but it still doesn't change your world acclaimed title of criminality

2 Likes

Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by oduaboy1: 10:53am On Jan 04, 2014
geeez: A woman was arrested for drugs this year and one ret.ard comes to post crimes of over two years ago for what?

To take attention away from the fact or the truth that out nine out of every ten drug peddlers is a Igbo?

Keep living in denial. It doesn't change the fact that everyone in Nigeria and outside it associates Igbos with crime both in and outside Nigeria

You can stretch the thread to three pages with Yoruba crimes but it still doesn't change your world acclaimed title of criminality
The moro'n is just trying divert attention away from the crux of the matter by digging out old and irrelevant threads.
Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by lebienconnu: 12:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
geeez:

To take attention away from the fact or the truth that out nine out of every ten drug peddlers is a Igbo

la vérité. May God save Nigeria's image from the Igbos. No wonder some people do not want to associate with them.
Re: Wife Arrested While Exporting Heroin To Husband by phase1: 2:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
The Op of this thread must be crying himself hoarse like a child whose Bobo was snatched from. Good job Macjive! grin cheesy

BTW, NL can easily turn one into an ethnic beast, born again or not. I've been tempted repeatedly....i just pray i can hold on for long.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Am Still A Member Of PDP But Aregbesola Will Win Osun Election—-obasanjo / Passenger Mistakenly Linked With Boko Haram At Lagos Airport / Military Says Bashir Was Killed Not Shekau.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.