Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

How Do You Cope With The Death Of A Loved One - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Cope With The Death Of A Loved One (1032 Views)

I Can’t Cope With His Big Manhood- Wife Tells Court / Bearded Ladies, How Do You Cope? / Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Cope With The Death Of A Loved One by Omaresh(f): 7:24am On Jan 03, 2014
So I've been thinking,the amount of posters flooding our streets these days bearing the caption 'GONE TOO SOON' has greatly increased,which makes me wonder,how do people react to such news.. So I'd like to ask everyone who had lost someone special,from a family member to a friend (mum,dad,siblings,girlfriend,boyfriend,aunt,fiancé,fiancée e.t.c.). How did you cope when you were told that someone you love and care about is no more? What was your first reaction... Good morning fam.. Have a lovely day
Re: How Do You Cope With The Death Of A Loved One by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 03, 2014
shock

grief

anger

grief

It can be very very tough! It takes time to overcome the pain that goes with it.

In some cases, when a very important person dies, a very close one, the pain never disappears but we learn to live with it.

However, everybody must remember that our loved ones, who died, want to see us happy, wherever they are.
Re: How Do You Cope With The Death Of A Loved One by maclatunji: 8:47am On Jan 03, 2014
The Muslim way is to say Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Rajiun (From God we came and to him we shall return).

I did that when I was told about my father and just accepted it. Next step is to start thinking of appropriate burial arrangements.

That was challenging enough, there was little or no time for moping.

The thing is this: you have to think about and accept that death is a part of life and factor it into everything you do.

If you go about living life as if you or your loved ones won't die, you are going to have a hard time dealing with it when it comes.

Do I miss my father? Yes. However, the prevailing sentiment is understanding how and why it happened from religious perspective which makes it easier to handle. Seeking to get relevant answers from people who know and are connected to his death gives me motivation.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With The Death Of A Loved One by nekaa(f): 8:48am On Jan 03, 2014
When I was told about ma momma's death: it kept ringing in my head so I found myself shouting for hours unend Becos I didn't want tu hear it anymore, and even now that is is almost a year ago that it happened, it hasn't stopped hurting even one bit. Each time I am confronted with that fact i have to hold myself from crying out cos I really haven't gotten used tu it..... Trust me losing a loved one is something u don't want tu imagine nt to mention experience
Re: How Do You Cope With The Death Of A Loved One by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 03, 2014
nekaa: When I was told about ma momma's death: it kept ringing in my head so I found myself shouting for hours unend Becos I didn't want tu hear it anymore, and even now that is is almost a year ago that it happened, it hasn't stopped hurting even one bit. Each time I am confronted with that fact i have to hold myself from crying out cos I really haven't gotten used tu it..... Trust me losing a loved one is something u don't want tu imagine nt to mention experience

My deepest sympathy.
I went thorugh the same experience and I know that a year is not enough to come to terms with such a loss.
This is what I meant in my previous post when I said that in some cases we never overcome the pain but simply learn to live with it.

My very best wishes to you.
Re: How Do You Cope With The Death Of A Loved One by etenyong(m): 9:53am On Jan 03, 2014
It is d saddes news i eva recieved in my life. Tears are flowing freely as i type this. My beloved DAD passed on two yrs ago but i cant stop to think of him. When i was told on fone, its was like d world has come to an end. It very diffcullt to believe but we hav to accept. I cried alot during my only sister wedding when other person stood in place of my dad. i couldnt control myself when d pastor call for both parent. well may his soul continue to rest in peace.
Re: How Do You Cope With The Death Of A Loved One by Omaresh(f): 10:09am On Jan 03, 2014
Re: How Do You Cope With The Death Of A Loved One by Tallotti: 10:15am On Jan 03, 2014
If you have buried one. . . it gets easier.
I don't think it would make a difference who dies now.
You simply accept it AND MOVE ON!!!
I appreciate the memories. . .SO SPEND TIME WITH LOVED ONES AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.
Tomorrow is promised to NO ONE! kiss

I SIMPLY MOVE ON AND ENJOY MY LIFE. . . while treasuring the memories. . . SIMPLE!!!
I cannot mourn for more than 1 week. . . .! kiss
Re: How Do You Cope With The Death Of A Loved One by olymurphy(f): 11:37am On Jan 03, 2014
I was carrying my daughter in my hands when she died last year. To tell you the truth I was in total shock for good 10secs and I cried for only 5mins. My mum told me to cry that I shouldn't bottle up my sorrows but I couldn't.
It was after some days that I will bring out her picture and cry my eyes out.
Re: How Do You Cope With The Death Of A Loved One by mgbeketoto: 11:42am On Jan 03, 2014
Tallotti: If you have buried one. . . it gets easier.
I don't think it would make any difference TO MR who dies now.
NIGERIANS DIE LIKE FLIES. . . YOU GO CRY TAYA KE!!!! kiss
I appreciate the memories. . .SO SPEND TIME WITH LOVED ONES AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

I SIMPLY MOVE ON AND ENJOY MY LIFE. . . while treasuring the memories. . . SIMPLE!!!

Edited in my AZZE-KICKING NL HANDLE! cool
Re: How Do You Cope With The Death Of A Loved One by bluuu: 12:28pm On Jan 03, 2014
God will replenish ur loss @olumurphy
@topic,i havent experienced it b4 bt i know it wont b a good one
Re: How Do You Cope With The Death Of A Loved One by Omaresh(f): 1:23pm On Jan 03, 2014
olymurphy: I was carrying my daughter in my hands when she died last year. To tell you the truth I was in total shock for good 10secs and I cried for only 5mins. My mum told me to cry that I shouldn't bottle up my sorrows but I couldn't.
God knows best,you will have no reason to cry this year
Re: How Do You Cope With The Death Of A Loved One by maclatunji: 2:51pm On Jan 03, 2014
Tallotti: If you have buried one. . . it gets easier.
I don't think it would make a difference who dies now.

The memories are important, that is why I said you should not live as if you and your loved ones will not die. If it is you that goes first, you are content with your life. If it is others, you are grateful for the life that they lived and the memories.

May God grant us long fulfilled lives and may we meet his mercy at the point of death.
Re: How Do You Cope With The Death Of A Loved One by maclatunji: 2:54pm On Jan 03, 2014
olymurphy: I was carrying my daughter in my hands when she died last year. To tell you the truth I was in total shock for good 10secs and I cried for only 5mins. My mum told me to cry that I shouldn't bottle up my sorrows but I couldn't.

This kind of pain is another level. Posting here indicates you have strength. May God strengthen you and prevent you from experiencing such again.
Re: How Do You Cope With The Death Of A Loved One by mgbeketoto: 3:49pm On Jan 03, 2014
maclatunji:

The memories are important, that is why I said you should not live as if you and your loved ones will not die. If it is you that goes first, you are content with your life. If it is others, you are grateful for the life that they lived and the memories.

May God grant us long fulfilled lives and may we meet his mercy at the point of death.

Amen!!!! cool
Re: How Do You Cope With The Death Of A Loved One by WorldGreatest1(m): 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
Omaresh aka SG there is an emergency concerning you and I need you to contact me as quick as possible, all other ways of reaching you has proved abortive. Thanks. *Expecting your call/messages*

(1) (Reply)

Has This Happened To You? / Today Is My Wedding Anniversary / Sadie Doesn't Want Her Brother To Grow Up (ORIGINAL)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.