Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,683 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Physics - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Physics (981 Views)

Simplified Physics With Johnydon22 Part 1 (newton's Laws Of Motion) / Quantum Physics II - Physics With Seun (S01 E02) / Physics:the Greatest Thing Know To Mankind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Physics by MrGattuso(m): 10:39am On Jan 03, 2014
A big hello to NL scientist. Or science lovers.!
The NL moderators have failed to create a forum for physical sciences like physics, chemistry and d likes because they think science is all about computers.
It may seem so nowadays but it ain't really so for computers were produced 4rm basic sciences and mathematics.
My resolution is this; If they don't remember us, we should remember ourselves. How? By sharing science topics on this so called computer forum i think.
There's been something bothering me in physics. The topic is 'density'. The density of air. It's a proven fact that Density increase s with pressure. Thus d air closer to d ground should be denser since air above exerts pressure on it and pressure increases with depth. But according to optics, total internal reflection occurs only when a wave or light travels 4rm a denser to a less dense medium. Mirage occurs due to this phenomenon meaning the air above is denser while d one nearer d ground is less dense. Which of these two generalization is more correct for both seem to be true.
Pls ur response will b greatly honoured.
Re: Physics by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 14, 2015
shocked shocked
I don't understand, why hasn't this thread reached a hundred pages yet? Or is there another physics thread??

This is one of the most annoying things about Nigeria angry
We just hate science.
Re: Physics by Blakjewelry(m): 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2015
If I get you correctly, the air closer to the ground is more dense and what you see as Mirage is light reflection from the ground traveling from more dense air upward through less dense air.
Note the density of gasses on a planet is not a function of the air weight rather it is a function of gravity
Re: Physics by Nobody: 1:13am On Jun 17, 2015
MrGattuso, I think we should make this an official chatroom. You know, since there is no other place to discuss. We can also accommodate mathematics and engineering. Let's just hope the mods help us out.
Let me mention them.

mkmyers45
UjSizzle

Could you please make this an official chatroom?
Re: Physics by stan4guy6(m): 11:34am On Jun 17, 2015
Teempakguy:
shocked shocked
I don't understand, why hasn't this thread reached a hundred pages yet? Or is there another physics thread??

This is one of the most annoying things about Nigeria angry
We just hate science.
I love science but most Nigerians don't show interest in science and I don't know why.
Re: Physics by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 17, 2015
stan4guy6:
I love science but most Nigerians don't show interest in science and I don't know why.
welcome.

unfortunately, the sad truth is that there are too many feeble minds in nigeria. Wikipedia puts our average IQ at 64. That gives us an idea of why.
As you know, small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, great minds discuss ideas. This, when correlated with the average IQ, completely explains why the politics and crime section are the most popular on nairaland. And while the science section is one of the least.

It is rather sad, but that is what we see.

Once again, welcome. smiley
Re: Physics by stan4guy6(m): 3:13pm On Jun 17, 2015
Teempakguy:

welcome.

unfortunately, the sad truth is that there are too many feeble minds in nigeria. Wikipedia puts our average IQ at 64. That gives us an idea of why.
As you know, small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, great minds discuss ideas. This, when correlated with the average IQ, completely explains why the politics and crime section are the most popular on nairaland. And while the science section is one of the least.

It is rather sad, but that is what we see.

Once again, welcome. smiley
thank you I have a dream of taking life to another level with technology
Re: Physics by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 17, 2015
stan4guy6:
thank you I have a dream of taking life to another level with technology
nice one. smiley
Re: Physics by Blakjewelry(m): 7:32pm On Jun 17, 2015
Were is the op, you don abandon your thread
Re: Physics by jaysniggs: 9:11am On Jun 18, 2015
If they aren't interested, then we should make them.
Bring topics, let's read about them and we'll discuss about science that way.
It all starts from that!
Since its science I'm In.
Re: Physics by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 18, 2015
jaysniggs:
If they aren't interested, then we should make them.
Bring topics, let's read about them and we'll discuss about science that way.
It all starts from that!
Since its science I'm In.
thanks. smiley

I'll start bringing topics soon.
Re: Physics by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 18, 2015
Blakjewelry:
Were is the op, you don abandon your thread
don't mind him jare cheesy
Re: Physics by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hi there!
Teempakguy here. smiley

I am currently trying to develop a pair of formulae exclusively tailored to calculate the the production of hydrogen and oxygen by mass in an Hoffman voltmeter, at any given temperature.

I have derived one for hydrogen but it doesn't seem to be working. If you can fix it. The answer would be in grams. I have attached an image of it. Which I wrote using an android app called mathlab.

I is current.
t is time.
C is the Faraday constant. Value 96500.
M is the mass gotten after the time elapses.
And of course, the theta sign denotes the temperature at which the experiment is being conducted.

Help smiley

(1) (Reply)

I Need Your Candid Advice And Suggestions On This Question / How To Deal With The Optix OSN 8800 FAN Alarm / Did You Know That Truly Holy Christians Never Decay After Death?( Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.