Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

The Beauty Of Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Beauty Of Marriage (5633 Views)

Definition Of Marriage To You? / My Husband Of Less Than A 1yr Of Marriage Has Changed / What's The Cost Of Marriage Certificates And Courthouse Marriages In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 03, 2014
Everyday it's one horror story or another about what spouses are doing to each other. I'm sure a lot of singles out there are getting more and more skeptical about this institution called marriage. At this rate,come 2 decades in the future there won't be any more married folks around.

Be that as it may,I'm sure it can't be all that bad. It would be nice if the married folks in the house can post here some of the beautiful and heart-warming aspects of marriage that they have experienced. Help and encourage the singles out there

No negatives pls. We have more than enough of that everywhere on nairaland already

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 03, 2014
The failed marriages of celebrities were never marriages in the real sense of the word. Little wonder they don't last. In a few days, it's a case of Why Did I Get Married?

There are numerous successful marriages out there, and I'm hoping to learn what makes some of them tick, on this thread.
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 03, 2014
Despite all the sad stories everyday,I'm pretty sure plenty couples are having it good in their marriages.

Let me start with my own testimonies though I'm not really the most qualified person to speak on marriage(seeing as mine's just 2weeks old)

But I believe if most married people start out by appreciating all that's good in their lives,they can have the presence of mind to face the future challenges and conquer.
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 03, 2014
One thing it has changed in my life is the sense of responsibility towards another person.
I know looking at this from a single person's POV,it might seem like too much work. But it really isn't. And it's fun too.
Putting your partner's need before yours can be so fulfiling especially if they do same for you too. Infact I learned this from hubby. And since I started emulating him by caring about his welfare before mine(just as he does for me), the feeling is awesome.

Like I gat your back you gat my back. smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by mgbeketoto: 11:47pm On Jan 03, 2014
WRONG THREAD!

2 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
Loretta !! most marriages weren't meant to be .. that's y u see them crashing ... true marriage which is built under love and understanding will stand the test of time .... i ain't scared of marriage ...(some peeps rush into marriage cux of one problem or the other..when there are waxed off, they now tend to quell off ...then the marriage turns to a play ground...divorce spears up as as an alternative) am goon get married and then procreate and live with ma family for life ... most marriages are forced ... u cant cheat nature my dear ... this is what happens to the so called celebrities ... they marry cuz of affluence and societal leverage ~~~~ Don't jump into marriage cux its a lifetime union in which God ordained....
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 04, 2014
Wow
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Wallotti: 1:32am On Jan 04, 2014
mgbeketoto:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX-_4icDvzY

Marriage is the WARM investment of old age! kiss
It feels goooooooooood to love and be loved in return!!!

MY OWN MAN!!!!
O JES O!!!
MY OWN MAN. . . NOT SECOND HANDS! cool

Thank my H-AGNOSTIC GAWWWWWWWWWWDIO!!!! cool

We toooooooooooooo fine!!!
E BADU BELLE AND E JOLOSIS go run belle with those awa pisssssshurs I swear! tongue

MARRRRRRRRRRRRRIAGE SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET O! CHAI!!!! wink
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by ladygogo: 1:34am On Jan 04, 2014
kanwulia? you don craze i swear. grin grin na you and ur hubby be dat? you be fine woman o.

loretta well said. i''m learning.

3 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Wallotti: 1:37am On Jan 04, 2014
lady gogo: kanwulia? you don craze i swear. grin grin na you and ur hubby be dat? you be fine woman o.

loretta well said. i''m learning.

O JES O!
The reason moderators and SUPER-MODERATORS WAN JELOS BAN ME DIE! cheesy
Thank you for the well-deserved compliments! cool

All these liars we have on NL. . .with fake husbands and wives!
Mu che che che che che
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 4:16am On Jan 04, 2014
Lorretta u promised us pictures oh!
To topic, marriage is a beautiful tin. To me its a fulfill of God's word.
As lorretta said, putting his nid b4 urz, i guess selfishness is more of d reasons why marriages fail. Again,marrying outside God's will.
Anyway am looking foward to mine,very soon. Once more,congrats Mrs kay. U don pack fly go family section,its good oh!!
U R JST TWO WEEKS OLD,I SEE THE TWO OF U CELEBRATIN UR MARRIAGE GOLDEN JUBILEE.

2 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by RoyalRoy(m): 4:57am On Jan 04, 2014
Rush in and rush out. Simple

People marry for the wrong reasons that's why it never lasts.

When people take their time to marry their "friend" and not just a sweet mouthed niggĂ—r or fat ass babe, marriages will last a while.

Take your time, don't let anyone or some foolish factors like people, age and materialism determine your pace for you.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 5:13am On Jan 04, 2014
Marriage marriage.

Most importantly, make sure you are happy.

Marriage sweet o.
Inter racial, very sweet oh.

Inter tribal, cool
Never a dull moment.

Yes o,
Pics or it didn't happen tongue kiss
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by taryour(f): 5:14am On Jan 04, 2014
Wallotti:

O JES O!
The reason moderators and SUPER-MODERATORS WAN JELOS BAN ME DIE! cheesy
Thank you for the well-deserved compliments! cool

All these liars we have on NL. . .with fake husbands and wives!
Mu che che che che che

Choi this woman no go kil person with laugh for nairaland oo. Cute pix.
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 5:18am On Jan 04, 2014
Putting yourselves first .
Movie time
Gaming time
Kpekusing time
Drinking time
Snoring time
All join.
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by taryour(f): 5:38am On Jan 04, 2014
Nice thread,here is what works for me.
Firstly I went into my relationship with a statement on my mind(if my mum can remain with my dad with all the challenges they had which I also witnessed,then I can do better)
Ability to communicate effectively, while dating and up till now in marriage with 2 kids our communication has remained very very solid.
Communication has really helped my relationship a lot,it helps us both trash our differences amicably,there are somethings I can't say to my hubby face(cause I know I might not present it well and I don't want to be rude) so I put it into a chat and he understands me perfectly well. Each time we have our arguments,we make sure we apologise n trash it out before the end of the day.we do not go to bed in anger.
I have also learnt not to argue so much with my hubby,whenever he is angry with me am quite and let his anger subside then I apologise(even if deep down in my heart I know I wasn't wrong)I still apologise,I know how angry my hubby can get and I know better than to push further,we both have a bad temper but there can only be one leader,outside my home you don't dare mess with me,I will dish it to you very hot and spicy. I am the very aggressive type but hubby isn't,he is more calm than I am. I argue a lot too but not with hubby except in cases when we are gisting and having fun. Hubby loves football but I hate it with everything but what can I do I simply got used to it,my first son already took after him as a football fan.
We both understand ourselves perfectly,we have been together for over 8years now. We have had our ups and downs which has taught us to be more united and understand ourselves better.
Our sex life might not be has active as when we where still single cause of kids but we have both been active,we have fun anywhere in the house(of course when kids are asleep or in school).we try out new things and I sure don't forget my bowl of ice-cream when I want to give a special treat(call me a dirty woman/raw woman/sex freak/whatever) I care less,his my man.
We have remained each others best friends,we share gifts,watch movies together,shop together,hubby goes to market for me at times and cook as well, we gossip together and share news with each other. We are both social media fans(we actually meet on a social forum and started as friends before dating which led to our marriage). We don't hide anything from each other,we share same passwords in most cases,we know our pins. He introduced me to nairaland and he is also a active member on nairaland.
We do not encourage 3rd parties into our affairs,it has never and will never happen. What ever happens within our walls die within our walls.we both help ourselves to remain strong in work life and business life. We support ourselves in every possible way we can with the help of God and for once I have never regretted meeting my hubby. If there is a next life,I would chose the same man all over again.
My marriage is not perfect cause there is no perfect marriage but I tell you,marriage is fun and am loving it all the way.

12 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by mysticgal(f): 7:04am On Jan 04, 2014
we need more contributions please kiss
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 04, 2014
This is beautiful. Na d kind tin we singles wana hear. To encourage us,nt 2 shy away 4rm marriage. 9ce 1 madam. Bt wait oh,i thought dy said,relationships,dat startd out in social media,doesn't work?
taryour: Nice thread,here is what works for me.
Firstly I went into my relationship with a statement on my mind(if my mum can remain with my dad with all the challenges they had which I also witnessed,then I can do better)
Ability to communicate effectively, while dating and up till now in marriage with 2 kids our communication has remained very very solid.
Communication has really helped my relationship a lot,it helps us both trash our differences amicably,there are somethings I can't say to my hubby face(cause I know I might not present it well and I don't want to be rude) so I put it into a chat and he understands me perfectly well. Each time we have our arguments,we make sure we apologise n trash it out before the end of the day.we do not go to bed in anger.
I have also learnt not to argue so much with my hubby,whenever he is angry with me am quite and let his anger subside then I apologise(even if deep down in my heart I know I wasn't wrong)I still apologise,I know how angry my hubby can get and I know better than to push further,we both have a bad temper but there can only be one leader,outside my home you don't dare mess with me,I will dish it to you very hot and spicy. I am the very aggressive type but hubby isn't,he is more calm than I am. I argue a lot too but not with hubby except in cases when we are gisting and having fun. Hubby loves football but I hate it with everything but what can I do I simply got used to it,my first son already took after him as a football fan.
We both understand ourselves perfectly,we have been together for over 8years now. We have had our ups and downs which has taught us to be more united and understand ourselves better.
Our sex life might not be has active as when we where still single cause of kids but we have both been active,we have fun anywhere in the house(of course when kids are asleep or in school).we try out new things and I sure don't forget my bowl of ice-cream when I want to give a special treat(call me a dirty woman/raw woman/sex freak/whatever) I care less,his my man.
We have remained each others best friends,we share gifts,watch movies together,shop together,hubby goes to market for me at times and cook as well, we gossip together and share news with each other. We are both social media fans(we actually meet on a social forum and started as friends before dating which led to our marriage). We don't hide anything from each other,we share same passwords in most cases,we know our pins. He introduced me to nairaland and he is also a active member on nairaland.
We do not encourage 3rd parties into our affairs,it has never and will never happen. What ever happens within our walls die within our walls.we both help ourselves to remain strong in work life and business life. We support ourselves in every possible way we can with the help of God and for once I have never regretted meeting my hubby. If there is a next life,I would chose the same man all over again.
My marriage is not perfect cause there is no perfect marriage but I tell you,marriage is fun and am loving it all the way.
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Ballotti: 7:37am On Jan 04, 2014
Deleted!

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 04, 2014
Lorreta, where are the pictures of ur marriage?
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by taryour(f): 7:44am On Jan 04, 2014
Adaobi12: This is beautiful. Na d kind tin we singles wana hear. To encourage us,nt 2 shy away 4rm marriage. 9ce 1 madam. Bt wait oh,i thought dy said,relationships,dat startd out in social media,doesn't work?

Well my dear for me it worked,and don't know about others. One thing I am sure of is that what will be will be,if a man is truly yours,then he is yours no matter wherever you meet,be it night club o,strippers club,on the road,at a bar, during a fight, at a party, in church,mosque. Just find your true ma,give it your best in making it work out.
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Ballotti: 7:53am On Jan 04, 2014
Deleted!
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by olymurphy(f): 7:58am On Jan 04, 2014
Yeah yeah yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Ballotti: 8:02am On Jan 04, 2014
Where are the 'men'? tongue
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by ypepe: 8:03am On Jan 04, 2014
Marriage is good o!
C as lorretta don mellow down by force wink
Kudos darling!

Kanwulia de kanwulia!
Na u be that?
Wao!
And I dey feel this ur oga.
U guys too much!
C shape!
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Ballotti: 8:10am On Jan 04, 2014
Deleted!
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Ballotti: 8:16am On Jan 04, 2014
Deleted!
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 04, 2014
Amen smiley
Adaobi12: Lorretta u promised us pictures oh!
To topic, marriage is a beautiful tin. To me its a fulfill of God's word.
As lorretta said, putting his nid b4 urz, i guess selfishness is more of d reasons why marriages fail. Again,marrying outside God's will.
Anyway am looking foward to mine,very soon. Once more,congrats Mrs kay. U don pack fly go family section,its good oh!!
U R JST TWO WEEKS OLD,I SEE THE TWO OF U CELEBRATIN UR MARRIAGE GOLDEN JUBILEE.
I'll try do the picture thread today or tomorrow.
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by uzoexcel(m): 8:55am On Jan 04, 2014
Thanks for sharing this!!!this is quite luvly!!!!
taryour: Nice thread,here is what works for me.
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 04, 2014
ypepe: Marriage is good o!
C as lorretta don mellow down by force wink
Kudos darling!

lol. I've always been a very mellow person. My mama used to bless me saying "you never gave me troubles or headaches while growing up. Your kids will reward you too"

I never give people troubles. I love fairplay.
Just don't try to oppress me. It doesn't end well grin hubby understands that. So I'm sure we'll be fine.
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 04, 2014
You too dey follow find pinshure? Abi you no believe say I don marry? smiley
RedBenson: Lorreta, where are the pictures of ur marriage?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

deleted :P / Money Back Guarantee!! Knee Protector For Sale!! / I Want To Adopt, My Wife Refused, What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.