Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

The Beauty Of Marriage - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Beauty Of Marriage (5639 Views)

Definition Of Marriage To You? / My Husband Of Less Than A 1yr Of Marriage Has Changed / What's The Cost Of Marriage Certificates And Courthouse Marriages In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by crackhaus: 6:29pm On Jan 04, 2014
lorretta u: smiley
You sha follow for my 2013 testimonies
*great new friend*
You're so sweet... Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
Yes oh Lerrie, we like am grin

In Yoruba : oun ani lan noni. grin
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:31pm On Jan 04, 2014
So happy for you kiss kiss

It shall be permanent with lovely kids smiley

lorretta u: I never truly got the hang of that word "companionship" until now.
I had a bout of cold/allergies some nights ago. One night I couldn't sleep from sneezing and coughing. Hubby stayed up all night to be with me. And we fell asleep in the early hours of the morning. I'd have done same for him. And the next when my dad called to know how we were doing, he said "we were sick thru the night"
That's the goodness of being together smiley

There are plenty perks to being married
E.g sex without guilt (covers face) wink
Having someone who's with you all along the way and you both can share problems. Nothing like 'his problem' it's now 'our problem'
No more 'his money' now 'our money'

Being together is a good thing.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Missmossy(f): 10:55pm On Jan 04, 2014
Lerrie John: I wish I could say marriage is sweet, or marriage is bitter, or marriage is forever, or marriage will lead to divorce, or marriage means you and your partner will always love each other, never fight, never cheat, never flirt. Or that you guys will be able to always complete each other's sentences, read each other's thoughts, be always supportive of the other, or be forever sexually attractive and never boring.
Unfortunately/ fortunately ( depends on how you look at it. Either as a glass halfway full or as a glass halfway empty) marriage isn't either one of these things.
Marriage is a complex combination of all these things. And the ability to make it work depends on ones maturity plus other varying factors that we all know very well.
If siblings born of the same parents can't stand each other all the time, imagine how it is for two individuals who have no blood tie to live together.
Sometimes in marriage you feel so happy, you are in heaven. Other times you almost hate your partner as intensely as you love them. Other times you feel comfortable, I'm getting used to it, lemme use this or that approach, it will be well. And when you begin to relax, thinking you have known it all, you and your partner love and understand each other perfectly, another temptation pops in to try your foundations and you start learning all over again.
Yes marriage is beautiful. It's full of never ending experiences happy and sad; difficult experiences that will make you question your very self. But at the same time, magical moments that words can't describe enough. It's not limited to you and your partner, it includes your kids as well.
Different individuals with different identities but with one common goal, THE FAMILY and united with one common sentiment, LOVE.
That's the way marriage is supposed to be. But when these difficulties become life threatening and aren't bound by love anymore the best option is to go apart.
So what makes marriage work for me? My answer is ME. I make my marriage the way I desire it to be. Loving and respecting my family and putting their needs as a priority cos my family is me and I am them.
Thanks for sharing,really learnt a lot.

@ Lorreta i say congrats,its so lovely opening a thread like this. Though still young,will learn from you all. Once again congrats,wish you the very best!
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 04, 2014
Missmossy:
Thanks for sharing,really learnt a lot.
@ Lorreta i say congrats,its so lovely opening a thread like this. Though still young,will learn from you all. Once again congrats,wish you the very best!
thanks hun.

Lol. If you're not a teenager,then you aren't too young dear.

bukatyne: So happy for you kiss kiss

It shall be permanent with lovely kids smiley

amen smiley smiley
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by jasmines(f): 2:47am On Jan 05, 2014
Happy married life Loretta. May family breakers never near your domot in Jesus name.
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 05, 2014
Amen.

Anyway you'll find yours in due time. Just open ur heart
jasmines: Reading this thread makes me want to cry. Marriage scares the living daylight out of me. Relationships that involves my heart don't live long but I have dated for over four years someone I don't love, I just like. I pity him cause his love for me is soo evident but I don't love him. He wants to settle down and I dragged it for a while. Later decided to leave and relocate cause he deserves someone who will love him. It wasn't easy, I had to avoid him, his calls pleas etc. Before you crucify me, I have told him I don't love him but he feels I will love him with time. Its good to know true love and happiness exists somewhere. I know I will find mine with time.
Happy married life Loretta. May family breakers never near your domot in Jesus name.
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 7:51am On Jan 05, 2014
@the ladies,have you always wondered what you do to curb the teeming number of wooers?

Really there isn't a solution to that problem as long as one is single.the men will always try to woo you. I used to have a lot of problem finding the patience to deal with all of them. But guess what? It's solved now.

I was at a supermarket to buy few things the other day,a guy just walked up to me and said
"Hello pretty girl" I smiled and 'innocently' raised my left land to put my hair in order.
The next thing I heard was "oh sorry madam"
Guess what he saw?
Yea right.
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by RoyalRoy(m): 9:45am On Jan 05, 2014
Lollllz.

I guess he is still among the rational few.

Some dude will still attempt to derail your ministry. I know it sounds wacked but av seen some silly never-say-die dudes.

Nice thread.

2 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Tbaby4real(f): 9:53am On Jan 05, 2014
Congrats Loretta

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 05, 2014
Guess he saw,oga's /pastor's fingercuff.lol.
As 4 d wooers, dy can be so annoying,even if u tel dem u r dating sum1,dy wil still stuck lyk parasite to a host.
lorretta u: @the ladies,have you always wondered what you do to curb the teeming number of wooers?

Really there isn't a solution to that problem as long as one is single.the men will always try to woo you. I used to have a lot of problem finding the patience to deal with all of them. But guess what? It's solved now.

I was at a supermarket to buy few things the other day,a guy just walked up to me and said
"Hello pretty girl" I smiled and 'innocently' raised my left land to put my hair in order.
The next thing I heard was "oh sorry madam"
Guess what he saw?
Yea right.
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by mgbeketoto: 3:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
Deleted!

6 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by benedicta0(f): 4:22pm On Jan 05, 2014
You are right madam,it is better you are with someone who loves you more,the person will try every means not to hurt you.

Nice pictures you have there

@ op lorreta congrats,may you always have reasons to celebrate

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by bluuu: 4:29pm On Jan 05, 2014
mgbeketoto:
I pray you not live to regret this o!
If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you are with! kiss
I have MANY old cargo aunts and cousins, doing SISI-EKO ati BABY JOWO all over BORN-AGAIN joints with fake pastors, WISHING they could turn back the hands of time.
All the 'rejected' dudes are ALL settled with BETA wives doing dem 'pele my dia' when they JAM by mistake.
Nothing like a man that loves YOU!!!
That is YOUR OWN!!! Forget 'SILLOUTTE' romance ati AFRICAN MAGIC dear!
You snooooze, you loooooooze!!!kiss
Nne? To SERVE shyte or to CHOP shyte, which wan beta pass? cheesy
I'd rather SERVE SHYTE THAN EAT SHYTE FROM ANY MAN in the name iof love o! KEI!!
Especially with awa NIGERIAN men! TWAAAH!!! kiss
mgbeketoto:
I pray you not live to regret this o!
I have MANY old cargo aunts and cousins, doing SISI-EKO ati BABY JOWO all over BORN-AGAIN joints with fake pastors, WISHING they could turn back the hands of time.
All the 'rejected' dudes are ALL settled with BETA wives doing dem 'pele my dia' when they JAM by mistake.
That is YOUR OWN!!! Forget 'SILLOUTTE' romance ati AFRICAN MAGIC dear!
I'd rather SERVE SHYTE THAN EAT SHYTE FROM ANY MAN in the name iof love o! KEI!!
noted
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by benedicta0(f): 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2014
With the little experience I have for some years, I would say marriage is sweet, if you are married to the right person. Especially knowing you have a companion,someone to call your own,and build a home with . The most important thing I've learnt is that don't take your spouse or marriage vows for granted let it be among your priority,work hard for your marriage, like the way you will want to work when you need a promotion.

And lastely, try your best in every aspect "you know what I mean" make God your friend and every other thing will fall in place.
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by thehunted(m): 5:52pm On Jan 05, 2014
jasmines: Reading this thread makes me want to cry. Marriage scares the living daylight out of me. Relationships that involves my heart don't live long but I have dated for over four years someone I don't love, I just like. I pity him cause his love for me is soo evident but I don't love him. He wants to settle down and I dragged it for a while. Later decided to leave and relocate cause he deserves someone who will love him. It wasn't easy, I had to avoid him, his calls pleas etc. Before you crucify me, I have told him I don't love him but he feels I will love him with time. Its good to know true love and happiness exists somewhere. I know I will find mine with time.

I pray you find the one you love and hope you don't regret leaving the one who loves you.

@thread,
Let's hear from the married guys. Nothing in this life scare me like marriage. Nothing!!!. Sometimes I ask myself questions like.....what if I get tired of having her as a wife. What if we get tired of being a couple. The temptations from the ladies etc .So many what ifs. Oh Lord!!! High blood pressure o
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Missmossy(f): 6:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
lorretta u: thanks hun.

amen smiley smiley
Following with keen interest,in my late teens though. The pictures are lovely, happy married life!!!

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Missmossy(f): 6:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
lorretta u: thanks hun.

amen smiley smiley
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
Oh ok. That's nice
keep your virginity o wink

Missmossy:
Following with keen interest,in my late teens though. The pictures are lovely, happy married life!!!
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by mgbeketoto: 10:13pm On Jan 05, 2014
Deleted!

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 06, 2014
smiley smiley
mgbeketoto: Lorrett u. . . CONGRATULATIONS.
Happy married life and welcome to the club.
Your wedding pictures have given the NECESSARY AND MUCH NEEDED CLASS AND CREDIBILITY TO NL..
May your BEAUTY OF MARRIAGE NEVER CEASE.
Amen. kiss

Thanks for sharing. kiss

*dancing LIMPOPO and FEHINTI-FEHINTI for celebration*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJMsA59o7Ws
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by mgbeketoto: 12:35am On Jan 06, 2014
Deleted!
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by mgbeketoto: 12:38am On Jan 06, 2014
Deleted!
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by mgbeketoto: 12:48am On Jan 06, 2014
Deleted!
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by passionate88: 2:14am On Jan 06, 2014
Adaobi12: This is beautiful. Na d kind tin we singles wana hear. To encourage us,nt 2 shy away 4rm marriage. 9ce 1 madam. Bt wait oh,i thought dy said,relationships,dat startd out in social media,doesn't work?
@bolded, who talk am?. No b every guy fit approach lady begin dey toast for road o, and some ladies are more civil/approachable on social media than real life.
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Missmossy(f): 9:20pm On Jan 06, 2014
lorretta u: Oh ok. That's nice
keep your virginity o wink

Yes ma.

2 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by jasmines(f): 7:13pm On Jan 07, 2014
mgbeketoto:

I pray you do not live to regret this o!

That is YOUR OWN!!! Forget 'SILHOUETTE' romance ati 'AFRICAN MAGIC' dear!

That happiness of just seeing the one you love is one of the things which help marriages stand the test of time.
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by jasmines(f): 7:14pm On Jan 07, 2014
thehunted:

I pray you find the one you love and hope you don't regret leaving the one who loves you.
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 10, 2014
Loretta dear, I sent you a pm. Pls respond. Need to discuss some stuff with you.
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by mgbeketoto: 3:38pm On Jan 10, 2014
HER WAHALA HAS ONLY JUST BEGUN!
Counselling go plenty!!!

CHAI!!! cry
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by mgbeketoto: 3:44pm On Jan 10, 2014
jasmines:

You are right o! but I don't feel anything when we are together instead I remember the one who jilted moi, that happiness of just seeing the one you love is one of the things which help marriages stand the test of time.
What about when he gets tired of me not loving him up to expectations, or he meets someone who loves him / I meet someone I love?

I see you live in a planet called "IF"!
Good luck! kiss
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 10, 2014
Ok
kofsy: Loretta dear, I sent you a pm. Pls respond. Need to discuss some stuff with you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is God Showing Me Signs? / Money Back Guarantee!! Knee Protector For Sale!! / Never Accept S*x After Marriage, I Did And I Am Regretting Now–married Lady Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.