Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Girls night out discussions - Family (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Girls night out discussions (87026 Views)

Home Economics Discussions For Moms / Girls Night Out Part 2!!!! Better And Simplified / Boys Night Out Discussions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 4:03am On Aug 06, 2015
kevinberry:
@keppyy,I wanna be your friend,well your online friend,what ur say gringringrin

I say Okayyy... grin

Friends we are.
Re: Girls night out discussions by jaybee3(m): 4:12am On Aug 06, 2015
keppyy:

I pass compliments always and I smile a lot...

I'm not searching for casual friends but deep friendships...

I admire when I see girls hang out together and go through life together but I also feel bad that I'll not have all that.

I was very close to GirL A back then and she had an extra year and kept lying about it, I asked because I really cared but she kept it on...I just felt I meant nothing to her...

Girl B, distance moved us apart but I've tried to keep in touch but it just feels that I'm the only one making all the efforts...She had issues in her marriage and told my Ex (that she met through me), although I confronted her about that she said it's because I did not call her and I really felt bad because I've always called but I was tired of us together alone and I stopped.

Cc: freecocoa
You always need to start from casual friendship before allowing it evolve into deep friendship if and when necessary.
I'm saying this because, I genuinely feel you had make yourself appear too demanding by insisting on deep/true friendship from the onset.

Expectations need to realistic and the best way to guard your heart from all possibilities is by having an open mind and accepting people for who they truly are.

There is absolutely nothing strange about you as i can equally identify with some of the things that's bothering you.
I'm also anti social, can't be bothered with hanging out friends and somewhat addicted to NL (mon - fri) and anything sports on TV.
I learned at an early age to always love myself and find happiness within.

1 Like

Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 4:21am On Aug 06, 2015
jaybee3:

You always need to start from casual friendship before allowing it evolve into deep friendship if and when necessary.
I'm saying this because, I genuinely feel you had make yourself appear too demanding by insisting on deep/true friendship from the onset.

Expectations need to realistic and the best way to guard your heart from all possibilities is by having an open mind and accepting people for who they truly are.

There is absolutely nothing strange about you as i can equally identify with some of the things that's bothering you.
I'm also anti social, can't be bothered with hanging out friends and somewhat addicted to NL (mon - fri) and anything sports on TV.
I learned at an early age to always love myself and find happiness within.

Thank you for your words...

It always start that way then it falls after some time...

I don't expect much from people but I value geniune care and honesty a lot...

I also know no one is perfect and so I've learnt the art of forgiveness..

I love me but I'm just bored with me alone.

Anyway, thank you for your words..
Re: Girls night out discussions by jaybee3(m): 4:33am On Aug 06, 2015
keppyy:

Thank you for your words...

It always start that way then it falls after some time...

I don't expect much from people but I value geniune care and honesty a lot...

I also know no one is perfect and so I've learnt the art of forgiveness..

I love me but I'm just bored with me alone.

Anyway, thank you for your words..

You're welcome....
I also do get bored sometimes hence why i try to find the balance by playing football where i get to interact with other people

Would you shut your siblings out because they sometimes don't meet up to your expectations?
You've probably learnt to accommodate their flaws and accept them for whom they are. That's the same approach you ought to employ going forward
Re: Girls night out discussions by PenAndPaper: 4:36am On Aug 06, 2015
keppyy:
I've never had a friend (female or male), as in true friend...

I'm really bothered now because there's a saying that we attract who we are and I know I'm not a horrible Person (maybe I think so)...

Maybe I have a body odour (impossible) which nobody has complained about...

My brother said I attract 'fake' people and he has never liked any of my girlfriends...

I must admit, I'm bothered...

I tried making some online but people thought I was psycho...
Hmmm I find myself in your shoes. Though I feel I am the reason I don't have these friends.
My one true friend got married a few years ago and I had to withdraw because I just didn't want to deal with the 'you have taught my wife all the bad habits she knows' drama, not that I have anything bad habit someone could learn from me.

I think I have a problem sustaining relationships, my phone seems too heavy to make a call or even reach out so I lose out a lot, as my friends rarely understand my weird self. In any case I need to add I prefer the comfort of my room to hanging out engaging in idle gossip.

The last set of friends I had from school seemed to have been waiting to hear bad news from my end, as soon as it happened they fed on it. Had to dump them.

These days it is really hard to meet the ride and die buddies as friends, I guess this is my reason for not sustaining a healthy friendship.
It's just sad.

Pardon my babbles.
Re: Girls night out discussions by freecocoa(f): 7:02am On Aug 06, 2015
tollu:
Freecocoa,
Enough suggestions for you already but I feel compelled to drop a few lines.
We're very similar per the relationship thing and the circumstances. Not an atheist, but a non-church going person who believes there is GOD meanwhile, Olorioko bambam is spirikoko.

The turning point for me was realising I had a GOOD person with a GOOD heart that complemented my relative "goodness". That realisation didn't come easy, we had a break just in the nick of time and I grew up that period. He was my first and smart enough to give me room and time to grow and get things outta my system.
Give yourself time, go on a couple of dates, meet other guys and make your decision. However, he will not be waiting forever so let your decision making process not drag on for too long and once you decide, let that be it. Be in or be out. All the best babes.

A very wise friend once said to me "Love is a decision". Let that sink in for a minute or two.

The picture below cracks me up but if he's not the one, no worry, other birds still dey bush but please and please be as sure as humanly possible. The rest dey Baba God hand.
Okay, thank you so much.
Re: Girls night out discussions by freecocoa(f): 7:29am On Aug 06, 2015
keppyy:

I pass compliments always and I smile a lot...

I'm not searching for casual friends but deep friendships...

I admire when I see girls hang out together and go through life together but I also feel bad that I'll not have all that.

I was very close to GirL A back then and she had an extra year and kept lying about it, I asked because I really cared but she kept it on...I just felt I meant nothing to her...

Girl B, distance moved us apart but I've tried to keep in touch but it just feels that I'm the only one making all the efforts...She had issues in her marriage and told my Ex (that she met through me), although I confronted her about that she said it's because I did not call her and I really felt bad because I've always called but I was tired of pulling us together alone and I stopped.

As for the male species, the single ones don't want to be friendzoned and the girls of the hooked-up fellas don't believe in 'pure friendship'.

Cc: freecocoa
You know, Friendships start out as casual first before developing into something real or just dying off.

You need to give it time, in which you study the person(s)and realise if they are fit/good for the deep connection you seek, you can't just become 'deep' friends with someone overnight, so you see? Casual is the starting point.

You also have to keep in mind, accepting people for who they really are, that way you you'd get to know them better, this will help you make decisions, you also have to know that people won't always be what you want them to be so it's best to not expect too much, that way, you won't be left disappointed.

About the friend that lied to you, I know lying is bad but sometimes people just lie when they aren't comfortable enough with you, to let you in on what's really happening in their lives, because they are embarrassed or don't want to be judged, so you have to be sure they trust you to an extent, if your friends don't really trust you, they won't tell you things, so you have to be sure, it's not about you.

When it comes to guys, I've noticed the ones I have as friends, are the ones I made from school, it's hard these days to meet a guy friend in a social setting, they just seem to want something and don't like being friendzoned, but you never know, you just might find a male friend when you least expect, just keep an open mind.smiley

1 Like

Re: Girls night out discussions by GHoJes: 8:38am On Aug 06, 2015
keppyy:
@toliu, love is truly a decision
@GHojes, You give it out as you think...nice write-up
As i think? but there was truth in the one i told you na. I gat plenty to tell you about your personality, pm me if you want to hear.
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 06, 2015
It's Mr Jaybees birthday today

Where is the party at?

Moet da?
Re: Girls night out discussions by Kimoni: 9:04am On Aug 06, 2015
keppyy:
I've never had a friend (female or male), as in true friend...

I'm really bothered now because there's a saying that we attract who we are and I know I'm not a horrible Person (maybe I think so)...

Maybe I have a body odour (impossible) which nobody has complained about...

My brother said I attract 'fake' people and he has never liked any of my girlfriends...

I must admit, I'm bothered...

I tried making some online but people thought I was psycho...

Keppy, i will adopt your style and be a bit blunt. Pardon me.

I will also be very bothered if I have gone through all the different stages of life and I can't find a single person I can call my friend, true friend like you say.
You might need to re-evaluate yourself and find a balance between your strengths and weaknesses.
I don't have too many friends too, but at every stage of my life, I always have at least someone I know that will take a bullet for me - male or female. I am not even sure i would have had the strength to go through life alone these past years cuz there are times I needed to unburden my heart to someone - no holds barred and it's these type of friends I would reach out to.

A number of factors might be at play here on why people won't get to that stage with you.

First is your circle of friends. What are those poles that attract you to friends in the first place. Those days in school, you had people who were friend based on aristo runs, bookworms, fellowship things, materialistic ties, social and moral values etc.
which circle do you generally pick your friends from cuz that's where your one or two "to die for friends" will most likely emerge from.

Secondly, you seem to be a very blunt person but an awesome person at the same time but really, one needs to find the balance between one's strength and weaknesses. In being blunt with your friends, are you unconsciously judgmental? I like to keep it real with my friends too and vice versa but in speaking your mind in any situation, you still have to be very careful and sensitive. You just have to find a middle ground in the way you approach issues with friends. Friends need to get comfortable with you and trust you enough not to use what you know about them against them in future.

Lastly, dependability. How dependable are you as a friend. Do you go the extra mile for friends? You need to be careful here cuz some people have perfected the art of using other people for their benefits but will never do same for you. But there are some friends who you can count on to always always bail you out in difficult situations. Recently, I needed to deliver some stuff to someone in Nigeria urgently and it didn't take me long to find a friend who I had not even spoken to in a while to help deliver the stuff and she took it up like I was going to pay her for doing it. Same thing I do for friends who need something from my location, I would spend the whole day shopping for stuffs for people.

Then personally, I like to avoid friends who are unduly competitive. Life to some is a competition. They find it hard to be happy for your achievements until they are able to achieve something higher or better. It's not a bad thing to be competitive but when you are always striving to get anything just because your friend has it, then, that relationship can never have a depth cuz its foundation is very superficial.

I could go on and on but I think you summarized my whole point yourself - we attract who we are. I think you should do some soul searching and maybe work a few rough edges. I am more concerned about a person's intentions than actions, hence, some people find it hard to reconcile my choice of friends. Strangely, nearly all my true friends are rough diamonds but I am not too bothered about outward/first impressions. Work on being the best human a real person can have as a friend and people like you will naturally drift to you.

5 Likes

Re: Girls night out discussions by Kimoni: 9:06am On Aug 06, 2015
Happy Birthday Jaybee3. Wishing you all that your heart desires.
Re: Girls night out discussions by jaybee3(m): 9:07am On Aug 06, 2015
tearoses:
It's Mr Jaybees birthday today

Where is the party at?

Moet da?

You don't even drink and i can't be held responsible for any hyperextension of your joints as a direct result of bedmatics you may indulge in after tasting the alcohol tongue tongue
Re: Girls night out discussions by jaybee3(m): 9:08am On Aug 06, 2015
Kimoni:
Happy Birthday Jaybee3. Wishing you all that your heart desires.

Thanks Kimoni

Your moniker sounds Japanese.. What's the story behind it?
Re: Girls night out discussions by tollu: 9:15am On Aug 06, 2015
Kimoni:

Then personally, I like to avoid friends who are unduly competitive. Life to some is a competition. They find it hard to be happy for your achievements until they are able to achieve something higher or better. It's not a bad thing to be competitive but when you are always striving to get anything just because your friend has it, then, that relationship can never have a depth cuz its foundation is very superficial.
I could go on and on but I think you summarized my whole point yourself - we attract who we are. I think you should do some soul searching and maybe work a few rough edges. I am more concerned about a person's intentions than actions, hence, some people find it hard to reconcile my choice of friends. Strangely, nearly all my true friends are rough diamonds but I am not too bothered about outward/first impressions. Work on being the best human a real person can have as a friend and people like you will naturally drift to you.
You ain't never lied Kimoni.

Happy Birthday Jaybee3, you missed being birthday mates with Awesome people like Tollu and Barrack Obama by two days grin
Re: Girls night out discussions by jaybee3(m): 9:17am On Aug 06, 2015
tollu:

You ain't never lied Kimoni.

Happy Birthday Jaybee3, you missed being birthday mates with Awesome people like Tollu and Barrack Obama by two days grin

That's such a good company ya know.

I guess i have to compensate myself by aggregating us together as a Leo

Happy belated birthday Tollu
Re: Girls night out discussions by edwife(f): 9:19am On Aug 06, 2015
Happy Birthday Jaybee3,do have a great day and all the best.
Re: Girls night out discussions by jaybee3(m): 9:22am On Aug 06, 2015
edwife:
Happy Birthday Jaybee3,do have a great day and all the best.

Thanks ed's wife

Much appreciated
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 06, 2015
jaybee3:

You don't even drink and i can't be held responsible for any hyperextension of your joints as a direct result of bedmatics you may indulge in after tasting the alcohol tongue tongue

Hyper extension ha ha ha
Are you indirectly calling me old?
Bring the moet joooor
Re: Girls night out discussions by jaybee3(m): 9:24am On Aug 06, 2015
tearoses:

Hyper extension ha ha ha
Are you indirectly calling me old?
Bring the moet joooor

You are like a wine (Na femi adesanya talk am ooo)

Na ororo i wan bring...
You game?
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 06, 2015
jaybee3:

You are like a wine (Na femi adesanya talk am ooo)

Na ororo i wan bring...
You game?

You are too posh for that stuff
Bring the moet jAre make we sha yo
Tube strike no work today
Re: Girls night out discussions by jaybee3(m): 9:33am On Aug 06, 2015
tearoses:

You are too posh for that stuff
Bring the moet jAre make we sha yo
Tube strike no work today

Me wey i don reach work since 8 and i know tube no dey strike for MK
Re: Girls night out discussions by edwife(f): 9:36am On Aug 06, 2015
jaybee3:

Thanks ed's wife

Much appreciated

You are welcomed.

It's Andre's wife now.... grin
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 06, 2015
Oga Jaybee, na you biko....happy birthday mate wink
Re: Girls night out discussions by damiso(f): 10:21am On Aug 06, 2015
Happy birthday jaybee.. hope you have a great day.

And tearoses is right no DP or Moet and we 'evict' you from our room. cool

Tearoses I think London is getting used to the tube strikes like half my office is working from Home and I got into the office 7:45.
Re: Girls night out discussions by jaybee3(m): 10:24am On Aug 06, 2015
naijababe:
Oga Jaybee, na you biko....happy birthday mate wink

Thanks dear

Much appreciated
Re: Girls night out discussions by jaybee3(m): 10:24am On Aug 06, 2015
damiso:
Happy birthday jaybee.. hope you have a great day.

And tearoses is right no DP or Moet and we 'evict' you from our room. cool

Tearoses I think London is getting used to the tube strikes like half my office is working from Home and I got into the office 7:45.
hahahahahhahaha

Thanks damiso
Re: Girls night out discussions by babygirlfl: 10:26am On Aug 06, 2015
Happy birthday jaybee3.
Re: Girls night out discussions by jaybee3(m): 10:31am On Aug 06, 2015
babygirlfl:
Happy birthday jaybee3.

Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 06, 2015
Happy birthday Jaybee3.

U and my boy r almost birthday mate.
8th.

Hey mamas.
Abeg how will I treat nracha?
I think it's enla abi ella in yoruba.

Somebody showed me one red flower.
Another said scent leave.
Or I should just leave it to go away?
It's not much.
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 06, 2015
It is a fungal infection. Canesten should do the job.

Tag : moca
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 06, 2015
naijababe:
It is a fungal infection. Canesten should do the job.

Tag : moca
Thanks sweetie.

But wait o!
The kind tory wey I don hear about that thing eeh.

Heard it's intestinal problem.
So u hv to cook some things and give d baby.
It only manifests outside as that nra.

I hv baby tribotan and used it trice only. I never knew it was an infection.

Will continue with it or rather go and buy d canesteen.
Re: Girls night out discussions by babygirlfl: 11:26am On Aug 06, 2015
moca:

Thanks sweetie.

But wait o!
The kind tory wey I don hear about that thing eeh.

Heard it's intestinal problem.
So u hv to cook some things and give d baby.
It only manifests outside as that nra.

I hv baby tribotan and used it trice only. I never knew it was an infection.

Will continue with it or rather go and buy d canesteen.

I think nracha is same as ringworm. It's a fungal infection that can be treated with most anti-fungal cream. Remember to disinfect all towels and things after treatment as it is very infectious.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (41) (Reply)

Wife Sends Photo Of Her Drunk Husband Who Slept In The Toilet To Friend / Man Discovered He Is Not The Father Of His Children Through Wife's Chat / Please How Can Someone Handle A Wife That Loves Sex So Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.