Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Girls night out discussions - Family (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Girls night out discussions (86906 Views)

Home Economics Discussions For Moms / Girls Night Out Part 2!!!! Better And Simplified / Boys Night Out Discussions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls night out discussions by SirShymexx: 1:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
[s]
Sagamite:

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

Did I not say I knew you were too dumb to have worked in a top corporate environment before?

So your daft arsse, in your moronic desperation, is now saying a Senior Manager is a "Managing Director"? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So a Senior Manager at Vodafone or Etisalat is a "Managing Director"? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Cretin! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Fuuktard, Managing Directors are called "Executives" in the corporate world.

If ever they are referred to as Senior Managers, it is often when one wants to talk about top officials of a firm from Senior Managers to CEO/MD.

When a firm is having an Away Day for its Senior Managers, it would include all Directors at Board level, plus other Directors, down to Senior Managers with important responsibilities (normally 'Heads of').

For UBS, that would be from Director Upwards.

Fuuktard, you have not worked at that level, you can not know such! grin grin grin grin grin

A director is a junior trader? Because you said so? grin grin grin

Can you see how easy it is for me to intellectually humiliate you? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
[/s]

You're a stark illiterate and a gift that keeps on giving. grin

Senior Manager/Management is basically the same as high level executive - and that's where the Managing Director falls, you obnoxious air head with powder for brain matter. grin Senior Manager is interchangeable with Managing Director - that's the highest level of management in a company.

Again, from the Guardian UK (I'm sure in ya grandiose delusion and obtuse mind, you know better than the Guardian):

UBS rogue trader Kweku Adoboli jailed over 'UK's biggest fraud'

Kweku Adoboli, a relatively junior City trader who almost destroyed the banking giant UBS through increasingly reckless illicit deals, has been jailed after being convicted of what police describe as the biggest fraud in UK history.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/nov/20/ubs-trader-kweku-adoboli-jailed-fraud

Anyway, I'm done for today, let me leave the thread alone - you're forever my biitch on this forum. Time for football. Any time you talk down on black folks in the UK and an experience you don't understand and will never understand, I shall smack you. Just focus on being a Nigerian immigrant stuck at low level jobs.

1 Like

Re: Girls night out discussions by Sagamite(m): 2:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
babygirlfl:

In your opinion, what do you think blacks can do to get to the top. I see some Asians in top positions. How did they get there ? We as black people need to find a solution to this problem so our coming generation would not experience this. I did like to see my child at such positions.

Get priorities right
Be interested in the right things. Not Skelewu, gym, fashion, pouring champagne while you work in Tesco warehouse and wanting to be an athlete.

Focus on success rather than being cool.

Go to the library, read your books, listen to the news, have an intellectual circle of friends, stay in school. Just have some intellectual levels.

Black men should stay and raise their kids
If you can't be married, because you are not with the mother of your kids does not mean you should abandon your kids and not be there to mentor them.

Then you carry your moronic deeck to have more and abandon them as well.

Too many single mothers raising kids on their own and having kids for cretins.

Be the best you can be
Be the best you can be in anything you do or say.

Take pride in your work and what comes out from your mouth.

Your work, behaviours and utterances is your brand. It is what is used to stereotype people.

The standard of work, behaviours and utterances of black people is beyond moronic. I would not employ 99% of Nigerians to do any work for me.

By getting your priorities right and being good in these priorities, the brand would improve.

Indians and Chinese are seen as brainboxes by whites.

Blacks are seen as cool ediots.

Entrepreneurship
There is too much focus on jobs in black and Nigerian communities.

Only illiterates normally think of owning their own business. We raise our best to look for jobs.

Have your own business instead of waiting for people to appoint you.

If you are appointed, you can be disappointed.

2.4bn Christians!
1.6bn Muslims!
43m Jews!

43m!!!!! Not bn.

Yet, the Jews run the world despite being a hated people.

Why?

Because they have a culture of entrepreneurship.

Lets start being intelligent and appointing ourselves.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Girls night out discussions by Sagamite(m): 2:06pm On Aug 16, 2015
SirShymexx:
[s][/s]

You're a stark illiterate and a gift that keeps on giving. grin

Senior Manager/Management is basically the same as high level executives - and that's where the Managing Director falls, you obnoxious air head with powder for brain matter. grin Senior Manager is interchangeable with Managing Director - that's the highest level of management in a company.

Again, from the Guardian UK (I'm sure in ya grandiose delusion and obtuse mind, you know better than the Guardian):

Anyway, I'm done for today, let me leave the thread alone - you're forever my biitch on this forum. Time for football. Any time you talk down on black folks in the UK and an experience you don't understand and will never understand, I shall smack you. Just focus on being a Nigerian immigrant stuck at low level jobs.

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

The Guardian said "relatively" junior trader.

They did not say junior trader, you cretin!

Then you carried your moronic head here to say "he was a junior trader". grin grin grin grin grin

Now, your moronic arsse wants to tell us a Senior Manager is a Managing Director?

How daft can you get? grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Girls night out discussions by Sagamite(m): 2:14pm On Aug 16, 2015
babygirlfl:

Exactly. The tribalism in Nigeria is very bad. To be honest, I don't think our home country being in the news for the wrong reason is so much of a problem as we still see people from countries that are also from counties that does not necessarily have a good reputation making it to the top. Also black kids born here who speak in British accent and don't even have a Nigerian passport also facing the glass ceiling.

Go and check all the public universities in Nigeria.

You will see that you will never find a person of a different tribe from the region the university is located in at Dean or Above level. Only one rare case in one of the Northern states did I see that probably because there was no other candidate.

Those are suppose to be the Thought Leadership establishments of the country, educating and producing the best human resources the country has. They are junk.

Go and look at the top Nigerian-owned businesses in the country's senior management team (especially the banks). Majority will have virtually all Yorubas or virtually all Igbos. Only few employ at the top outside their tribe.

Then some ediot would come to UK or US and start shouting racism for all his failures.

Why does he not go back to his country and be successful there? Let him face his people who "love him so much".

7 Likes

Re: Girls night out discussions by babygirlfl: 2:31pm On Aug 16, 2015
N
Sagamite:

Go and check all the public universities in Nigeria.

You will see that you will never find a person of a different tribe from the region the university is located in at Dean or Above level. Only one rare case in one of the Northern states did I see that probably because there was no other candidate.

Those are suppose to be the Thought Leadership establishments of the country, educating and producing the best human resources the country has. They are junk.

Go and look at the top Nigerian-owned businesses in the country's senior management team (especially the banks). Majority will have virtually all Yorubas or virtually all Igbos. Only few employ at the top outside their tribe.

Then some ediot would come to UK or US and start shouting racism for all his failures.

Why does he not go back to his country and be successful there? Let him face his people who "love him so much".

Thanks sagamite. Bukatyne, this is what I was trying to explain. People experience tribalism at home and are very ok with it. Then come to the UK and start shouting racism. Most shout racism to cover up their inadequacy and because the authorities will maybe listen while the Nigerian government won't even listen if they shout tribalism.

3 Likes

Re: Girls night out discussions by bukatyne(f): 2:31pm On Aug 16, 2015
Sagamite:

Get priorities right
Be interested in the right things. Not Skelewu, gym, fashion, pouring champagne while you work in Tesco warehouse and wanting to be an athlete.

Go to the library, read your books, listen to the news, have an intellectual circle of friends, stay in school. Just have some intellectual levels.

If you can't be married, because you are not with the mother of your kids does not mean you should abandon your kids and not be there to mentor them.

Be the best you can be

Your work, behaviours and utterances is your brand. It is what is used to stereotype people.

The standard of work, behaviours and utterances of black people is beyond moronic. I would not employ 99% of Nigerians to do any work for me.

By getting your priorities right and being good in these priorities, the brand would improve.

Entrepreneurship

Only illiterates normally think of owning their own business. We raise our best to look for jobs.

2.4bn Christians!
1.6bn Muslims!
43m Jews!

43m!!!!! Not bn.

Why?

Pastor Sagamite has spoken

4 Likes

Re: Girls night out discussions by babygirlfl: 2:32pm On Aug 16, 2015
Sagamite:

Get priorities right

Be the best you can be

Entrepreneurship

2.4bn Christians!
1.6bn Muslims!
43m Jews!

43m!!!!! Not bn.

Why?

Thanks for this.

1 Like

Re: Girls night out discussions by bukatyne(f): 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2015
babygirlfl:
N

Thanks sagamite. Bukatyne, this is what I was trying to explain. People experience tribalism at home and are very ok with it. Then come to the UK and start shouting racism. Most shout racism to cover up their inadequacy and because the authorities will maybe listen while the Nigerian government won't even listen if they shout tribalism.

Very very true

Once you are out of the circle, you have got to be extra good to break forth
Re: Girls night out discussions by Sagamite(m): 2:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
bukatyne:

Thanks a lot

So it is more like those in the lower ranks get bitten by the 'system'

Nigeria is coming up with such too. Some employers now specify the University degrees they want too. Even secondary schools matter that's why some parents spend all their life savings to put their kids in schools with outrageous fees.

Now look at this appointment:

http://www.bikeradar.com/commuting/news/article/andrew-gilligan-appointed-cycling-czar-by-mayor-johnson-36283/

Boris Johnson appointed this guy, Andrew Milligan, as the Cycling Commissioner for London, on a pro-rata salary of £95K a year.

He has zero experience in the transport (talk less of cycling) industry.

He has zero experience in policy formulation.

So he effectively has zero experience in cycling policy formulation to be given the top job in cycling in the UK.

All he had was a Cambridge degree.

The only experience he could claim was "he rides his bicycle to work everyday".

Are you telling me, there is no white boy (park black for now) who has experience of cycling policy that could have been appointed for such a plum job?

Take another example.

The Child sex abuse inquiry the profoundly useless and dumb Theresa May was setting up recently to find out how the government failed in the 80s by not engaging its duty of care to protect children from sexual abuse:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_Inquiry_into_Child_Sexual_Abuse

The first person she appointed chairperson happened to be the SISTER of the Attorney General of the UK during the period examined.

The SISTER of the person responsible for the failure being reviewed?

Okay, mistake. The sister stood down.

Second chance.

This foolish woman then appoints another woman who lives on the same street as the primary paedophile (a former government minister) being investigated for the crimes the inquiry is about. Their families have dinner in each others' houses.

The argument of Theresa May made for her appointments was that they would be principled and independent enough not to be bias and try and protect their friends and family.

This useless woman kept on appointing members of the aristocracy, as if no one else in the UK outside this connected circle is intelligent enough to chair the enquiry.

Not a single media house put pressure for her to be sacked as Minister.

She is in the network. Let it be someone else not be in the network and see what will happen. You will see the headlines and "questions". Is she suited for the job?
Re: Girls night out discussions by 2CatWoman: 3:00pm On Aug 16, 2015
I agree with much of what Sagamite said and parts of Sirshymmex post but these two guys have had a very different upbringing and we are all a product of the environment and time we grow up in. As long as you are in the UK and there are white people there you will always have racism. All ethnic groups suffer racism but we are the only ones still fighting for equality; the right to work in someone else’s business instead of working towards our own achievements and building our own communities.

I’m not privy to the inner workings of the Asian communities but I do know they take education seriously and they stick to serious subjects at university and they don’t leave children to their own devices like many black parents seem to

3 Likes

Re: Girls night out discussions by cococandy(f): 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
Sagamite you're making a truck load of sense.
pls quit with the cussing. This is our girls thread. Don't cuss.

4 Likes

Re: Girls night out discussions by bukatyne(f): 3:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
Sagamite:

Yep. It is an aristocratic set-up.

If you look at the genealogy of majority of those at the top in the UK, you will find they are descendent from one famous person/family or the other.

These descendancy helps such people in entering the top secondary schools, which gives them a leg up to enter Oxbridge, which then gives them the gloss to say they are the best, the only ones that know the answers and the only ones to rule.

That is what Jeremy Corbyn is facing right now.

Out of all the Labour leadership candidates, he is the only one that did not go to Oxbridge.

So the press (full of Oxbridge alumni) have decided to attack his viability as leader by asking "Will he not alienate labour?". When actually, he is likely to do the opposite.

They are attacking him by asking an "innocent question".

You know that normal brainwashing "question" tactic used by the Media to create a debate that never existed ............................so they can point out that the debate exists. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Remember: 45% of UK media professionals (all newspaper editors, columnists and broadcasters) attended Oxbridge.

They use that approach alot in their pro-homosexual tactics as well. "Ask a question to create a debate that never existed so you can say it is a debate that is going on once the question is being answered, so we need to address it. Hence the debate continues because it is generating different answers and now it is established as a debate (which never existed before). Now it is a debate, then it is an issue that in its existing form might be wrong".

If you are not in that connection, irrespective of your race, you are highly likely to face a glass ceiling.

You need to gloss yourself with a top university and top roles in prestigious firms to have a chance.

That is what Thiam Tidjane did.

True true

Even bringing it down here, you find out a number of relatively young people in top managerial positions went to the right schools/came from the right families/knew the right people.
Re: Girls night out discussions by Sagamite(m): 3:23pm On Aug 16, 2015
EfemenaXY:

I did too. Love the way he always puts his points across. Straight to the point. No waffles or beating around the bush.

Sagamite, nice one - thanks, but there is an area I don't entirely agree with you on. Will come back to it later, after mass. smiley

babygirlfl:

Thanks for this.

bukatyne:

Very very true
Once you are out of the circle, you have got to be extra good to break forth

There was a career booklet (TARGET) produced by Guardian newspapers about 8 years ago to advise university graduates.

Fortunately, it contains a survey of what backgrounds graduate hires have, based on their ethnicity.

Unfortunately, I only have it in hard copy. Because it is only in hard copy, I have never thrown it away, it is still in my apartment.

Now let me show you how it is an advantage to be black in the lower levels PLUS how blacks are still lagging comparatively to other ethnic minorities by looking at some of the most prestigious industries.

Remember the demographics of the UK
Indian British - 2.3%
Black British - 3%
Pakistani British - 1.9%
Chinese British - 0.7%

Now look at the graduates getting the jobs and see how blacks are getting more elite jobs than their relative make-up of the population.

Banking and Insurance graduate hires
Indian British - 12.4%
Black British - 7.6%
Pakistani British - 3.1%
Chinese British - 16.9%

Investment Banking & Management graduate hires
Indian British - 9.8%
Black British - 8.5%
Pakistani British - 3.3%
Chinese British - 18.5%

Consulting graduate hires
Indian British - 8.2%
Black British - 5.4%
Pakistani British - 2.2%
Chinese British - 9.8%

Engineering graduate hires (incl. Oil & Gas)
Indian British - 12.5%
Black British - 6.2%
Pakistani British - 2.8%
Chinese British - 8.3%

Law (Solicitors) graduate hires
Indian British - 8.1%
Black British - 6.4%
Pakistani British - 3.0%
Chinese British - 5.9%

Law (Barristers) graduate hires
Indian British - 5.2%
Black British - 3.3%
Pakistani British - 3.6%
Chinese British - 5.2%

Accounting graduate hires
Indian British - 10.5%
Black British - 5.9%
Pakistani British - 3.4%
Chinese British - 17.2%

IT/Telecoms graduate hires
Indian British - 16.1%
Black British - 9.5%
Pakistani British - 3.1%
Chinese British - 7.6%

In ALL, Blacks exceed their % of the population. But these other minorities even do better than Blacks.

That means, whites have below their % of the population.
Re: Girls night out discussions by damiso(f): 3:26pm On Aug 16, 2015
2CatWoman:
I agree with much of what Sagamite said and parts of Sirshymmex post but these two guys have had a very different upbringing and we are all a product of the environment and time we grow up in. As long as you are in the UK and there are white people there you will always have racism. All ethnic groups suffer racism but we are the only ones still fighting for equality; the right to work in someone else’s business instead of working towards our own achievements and building our own communities.
I’m not privy to the inner workings of the Asian communities but I do know they take education seriously and they stick to serious subjects at university and they don’t leave children to their own devices like many black parents seem to
Very true..arguments can be made for/against their sometimes borderline 'clanish' behaviour but there are loads of lessons to be learnt from them.

I am very very fascinated by the success of Asian communities in diaspora. I went to get some hair care products yesterday and 99% of Afro/Caribbean hair care stores are owned by Asians.Black beauty business is a billion pound industry of which we are the highest consumer and they run it . What can we lay claim to , highesr number of churches maybe undecided I am a Christian but really we need to restructure and embrace entrepreneurship.

They are surely doing something right and you are right its starting from the home and communities.

1 Like

Re: Girls night out discussions by Sagamite(m): 3:29pm On Aug 16, 2015
damiso:

Very true..arguments can be made for/against their sometimes borderline 'clanish' behaviour but there are loads of lessons to be learnt from them.
I am very very fascinated by the success of Asian communities in diaspora. I went to get some hair care products yesterday and 99% of Afro/Caribbean hair care stores are owned by Asians.Black beauty business is a billion pound industry of which we are the highest consumer and they run it . What can we lay claim to , highesr number of churches maybe undecided I am a Christian but really we need to restructure and embrace entrepreneurship.
They are surely doing something right and you are right its starting from the home and communities.

We are too busy looking for jobs.

There is no entrepreneurial inclination except we can't get jobs.

All of you, watch out for my Sagakids. cool

Una go hear!
Re: Girls night out discussions by bukatyne(f): 3:29pm On Aug 16, 2015
@Sagamite:

So on point @ the Theresa May example.

Hopefully, blacks bend down to build themselves to a level they cannot be intimidated.
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
salsera:

Hehe

Even moca's usual style of writing changed after reading Sagamite's post.

I like Sagamite's perspective. I have only lived in the West as a child and as an adult for educational purposes so I don't think I could contribute to the topic as such.

My childhood experiences are probably coloured by naivety so I don't think they count. As much as I went to both catholic school and a private school and I was only one out 3 black children I didn't 'get' what racism was.

@Efemenaxy

Lol there was this post of Saga's on Empire series that I read. Talk about pouring cold water on a fire, I still finished the series but Na side eye I give all the plots.
Heheheheee,salsera,i will beat u o! Had no choice than to applaud the writer. He should be a columnist somewhere.
Honestly, can't remember when last I read something this good here.

@Efe, that why I love u, u went to church unlike edwife that was waiting for futball.
Pray her team don't win lipsrsealed
Re: Girls night out discussions by damiso(f): 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
Sagamite:

We are too busy looking for jobs.

There is no entrepreneurial inclination except we can't get jobs.

I know.I am guilty as well I won't lie.I want my children to excel and go to red brick Unis so they can get good jobs. embarassed

We need to have a broader view of things, see a gap/need in the market and fill it.Its not even like these Asians are the innovators or makers of these black beauty products but they just seem to dominate it at all levels.

Another thing though, can the entrepreneurship spirit be taught? I think its partly inborn.My mum worked for years in the civil service but success to her was always owning a business and not necessarily becoming the MD.
Re: Girls night out discussions by Sagamite(m): 3:38pm On Aug 16, 2015
damiso:

I know.I am guilty as well I won't lie.I want my children to excel and go to red brick Unis so they can get good jobs. embarassed
We need to have a broader view of things, see a gap/need in the market and fill it.Its not even like these Asians are the innovators or makers of these black beauty products but they just seem to dominate it at all levels.
Another thing though, can the entrepreneurship spirit be taught? I think its partly inborn.My mum worked for years in the civil service but success to her was always owning a business and not necessarily becoming the MD.

And the few that do go into business are poor at it.

Instead of being the best they can be, they do poor work, they are looking at how to cheat their customers, are rude to them or are not innovative.

Virtually all black businesses are like that

Some are even "Stunning" and "Stuns".

When others from outside enter market, they do better and eliminate them.

I just realised the paanla I eat is actually made in Finland? shocked

Not Uyo.

Not Sapele.

FINLAND!

Indian sells me the Indonesian hair I give my babymamas (lying to them it is Brazilian).

Can you imagine anyone selling Jewish stuff to Jews?

I swear watch out for my Sagakids.

Different orientation, mentality and education.

3 Likes

Re: Girls night out discussions by damiso(f): 3:46pm On Aug 16, 2015
Sagamite:

And the few that do go into business are poor at it.

Instead of being the best they can be, they are looking at how to cheat their customers, are rude to them or are not innovative.

Some are even "Stunning" and "Stuns".

When others from outside enter market, they do better.

I just realise the paanla I eat is actually made in Finland? shocked

Not Uyo.

Not Sapele.

FINLAND!

Indian sells me the Indonesian hair I give my babymamas (lying to them it is Brazilian).

Can you imagine anyone selling Jewish stuff to Jews?

I swear watch out for my Sagakids.

Different orientation, mentality and education.

Different orientation is needed a swear.

So right about imagining someone not Jewish selling Jewish stuff to Jews . Don't think it can happen embarassed

My husband said I moan about the black beauty thing all the time but it annoys me that we don't have black businesses at least competing with them for a product for which we are the biggest consumer. brings me back to their communities as they tend to do a lot of crowd funding.
Re: Girls night out discussions by cococandy(f): 3:47pm On Aug 16, 2015
Damiso and 2catwoman. You're right about the Asian communities. Even here, they run the show on black beauty products. And boy do they know the market.
You'd think something we use so much would be on our list of things to invest in.

One more thing they've started doing is African food. On a few occasions my African store didn't have everything I wanted but sure enough, Asian food stores have them. Those people have ijebu/upper iweka blood in them. grin

I think what helps them is that their identity is still intact and they take great pride in being who they are. There's hardly any major town or city you go to without it having an Asian sector that's just Asian. From buildings to language and everything. Just like stepping into the real deal.

Blacks despite our population don't have anything like that. There's like no pride in our culture. Maybe slavery is really to blame for that. Or maybe we don't really have any honorable cultural practices worth preserving. embarassed
Re: Girls night out discussions by Sagamite(m): 3:47pm On Aug 16, 2015
moca:

Heheheheee,salsera,i will beat u o! Had no choice than to applaud the writer. He should be a columnist somewhere.
Honestly, can't remember when last I read something this good here.

@Efe, that why I love u, u went to church unlike edwife that was waiting for futball.
Pray her team don't win lipsrsealed

I never get this opportunity for intellectual debate on NL anymore.

Don't worry, I would soon find a platform to be a regular columnist soon so you can read more.

https://www.nairaland.com/2504462/advice-needed-please-selling-equity#36954512

Thanks to EfemenaXY for inviting me to discuss something sensible than "See the tattoo on Seyi Shay" on FP. undecided

Notyourb1tch. tongue grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Girls night out discussions by cococandy(f): 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2015
Sagamite what's your sagakids going to be about?

Well obviously it's about kids but how?
Re: Girls night out discussions by bukatyne(f): 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
@Damiso and Sagamite,

I believe entrepreneural spirit is inborn.

I would say study a child and know What his/her natural gift are as opposed to you must study x y z
Re: Girls night out discussions by Sagamite(m): 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2015
cococandy:
Damiso and 2catwoman. You're right about the Asian communities. Even here, they run the show on black beauty products. And boy do they know the market.
You'd think something we use so much would be on our list of things to invest in.

One more thing they've started doing is African food. On a few occasions my African store didn't have everything I wanted but sure enough, Asian food stores have them. Those people have ijebu/upper iweka blood in them. grin

I think what helps them is that their identity is still intact and they take great pride in being who they are. There's hardly any major town or city you go to without it having an Asian sector that's just Asian. From buildings to language and everything. Just like stepping into the real deal.

Blacks despite our population don't have anything like that. There's like no pride in our culture. Maybe slavery is really to blame for that. Or maybe we don't really have any honorable cultural practices worth preserving. embarassed

Black mentality is to blame.

Stop blaming something of 200 years ago.

The blacks that are back in Africa that were never slaves, are they doing any better?

I have been thinking about this issue in my rage with the black race.

https://www.nairaland.com/2514170/reading-culture-gone-bad-worse/4#36816102

2 Likes

Re: Girls night out discussions by Sagamite(m): 3:55pm On Aug 16, 2015
cococandy:
Sagamite what's your sagakids going to be about?

Well obviously it's about kids but how?

You know I have never been conventional nor am I follow-follow.

My kids are going to be educated innovatively and in my way.

Right from when they are young, I will be training them on business, success and customer services.

Getting a job would be a stepping stone or a last resort. Not the reverse we have in Africa right now.

My kids would be smart, good looking and successful. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Girls night out discussions by Sagamite(m): 3:56pm On Aug 16, 2015
bukatyne:
@Damiso and Sagamite,

I would say study a child and know What his/her natural gift are as opposed to you must study x y z

Well said.

But the proportion that have it amongst Blacks is no different from other races.

We just have a society that destroys the spirit in the few that have it.
Re: Girls night out discussions by cococandy(f): 3:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
I agree with you on other things.

I only meant the black identity and ethnic culture presence in the west. Since blacks were slaves in the west unlike the Asians, wouldn't it make sense their pride in who they are was beaten out alongside their will. Hence we don't have strongholds of black communities who have a whole section of the town to themselves with their culture present just by looking at their buildings built in the African patterns or languages openly spoken as lingua Franca in that area or the street signs written in African languages and tourists pouring in to experience Africa in America as they would go into Chinatown to experience China in America.

Sagamite:

Black mentality is to blame.

Stop blaming something of 200 years ago.

The blacks that are back in Africa that were never slaves, are they doing any better?

I have been thinking about this issue in my rage with the black race.

https://www.nairaland.com/2514170/reading-culture-gone-bad-worse/4#36816102
Re: Girls night out discussions by cococandy(f): 3:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
Ok. I thought you meant sagakids as a brand of something you're looking into. Maybe a product for black kids.

You know, entrepreneur things cheesy

Sagamite:

You know I have never been conventional nor am I follow-follow.

My kids are going to be educated innovative and in my way.

Right from when they are young, I will be training them on business, success and customer services.

Getting a job would be a stepping stone or a last resort. Not the reverse we have in Africa right now.

My kids would be smart, good looking and successful. cheesy
Re: Girls night out discussions by damiso(f): 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2015
bukatyne:
@Damiso and Sagamite,

I believe in that but I think there are some factors/environments that encourage and bring it fore. We talk about jews, igbos, ijebu people being entrepreural but I think its something that children growinh up in those communities subconsciously emulate.

My mum had never had just one stream of income and I had been going to help in shop from about 6 years old . Right from university I would sell stuff to my friends and even when job searching I was always looking for gaps that I could fill . While it might be partly inborn I think growing up in that environment brought it to the fore a bit

1 Like

Re: Girls night out discussions by Sagamite(m): 4:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
cococandy:
I agree with you on other things.

I only meant the black identity and ethnic culture presence in the west. Since blacks were slaves in the west unlike the Asians, wouldn't it make sense their pride in who they are was beaten out alongside their will. Hence we don't have strongholds of black communities who have a whole section of the town to themselves with their culture present just by looking at their buildings built in the African patterns or languages openly spoken as lingua Franca in that area or the street signs written in African languages and tourists pouring in to experience Africa in America as they would go into Chinatown to experience China in America.

It might.

But that is just an excuse.

How come it does not spur them to be even more successful than normal?

Jews were killed and hated for centuries. Chased out from place to place. They did not collapsed and fail.

https://www.nairaland.com/1804892/isreal-bombards-gaza-it-literally/10#24561773

Babes, I don't do excuses.

I do self-review and improvement.

2 Likes

Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
@Buky, dont go too far. It's already happening here.
There is a govt parastatal here that don't advertise for recruitment, recruit based on recommendations from the big shots in the society like top ceo's and top politicians.

If they will mistakenly look towards ur direction, ur school Alma matter matters a lot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (41) (Reply)

Anything Wrong With Sleeping In This Position With My Sister? - Jayzeez / Wife Sends Photo Of Her Drunk Husband Who Slept In The Toilet To Friend / Man Discovered He Is Not The Father Of His Children Through Wife's Chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.