Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,205 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Girls night out discussions - Family (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Girls night out discussions (86823 Views)

Home Economics Discussions For Moms / Girls Night Out Part 2!!!! Better And Simplified / Boys Night Out Discussions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls night out discussions by jaybee3(m): 2:03pm On Aug 11, 2015
cococandy:

Lol. Go to the kitchen.

Na only tea and coffee dey the kitchen
Re: Girls night out discussions by cococandy(f): 2:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
jaybee3:

Na only tea and coffee dey the kitchen
awww. sorry.
Re: Girls night out discussions by damiso(f): 3:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
tearoses:
Racism is a topic that is really too deep to discuss
Its everywhere; even back home in Nigeria even though its a different flavour (tribalism)

Its more pronounced in the US because damage can be instant and permanent due to guns and we hear about it everyday

There is racism here too but its not as widely reported and seen in the US.

I tell my son to work hard as he may come accross subtle undertones of racism in his life here (its against the law to do it openly) but I told him that there will come a point where even the most racist wont be able to do anything because he will be so good at what he does.
In that same America I heard that there is a Nigerian Major General in the US marines.

If you ask me, the society owes half and the individual owes half too. We cant sit at home and cry racism. We need to get out there, go to school, better ourselves and work hard and be good at what we do. We also need to integrate and follow the rules wherever we find ourselves.
[b][

Very well said Tearoses. I am/ will try to inculcate that spirit of excellence in my children as well as try within what I can afford to help them reach their full potentials.

However I think the dynamics and issues for the African American ( black immigrants and generally other immigrant ethnic minorities are not included) is deeper and one that has to be systemically dealt with over generations. Sometimes we forget that there was still a need for the Civil Rights movement less than 100 years ago.

Its easy for me as an immigrant to say 'When they don't go to school ' ' When their values are not family centric' ' Well they are mostly always aggressive and often do engage in criminal activity' ' Are Obama and Ben Carson not black?' but I think I cant really understand the struggle from the POV as I have never been in their shoes.

I have this argument a lot with Hubby cos he thinks a lot of people have victim mentality and don't help themselves and so don't deserve empathy. He says who has not had a hard life? So please abeg we all just do what we have to do and keep our noses clean. And my answer to him is its easy for you to say as you have not been in their shoes.

Equal opportunity and access for all humans no matter how much it is touted in the west is simply not still fully achieved. We can strive for it and put legislation in place that will help but sadly legislation cant influence certain extraneous factors that already give certain individuals an advantage.

There is a reason why only 3% of UK pupils attend fee paying or selective schools meanwhile they make up 80% of the Highest paid individuals. I think if you look at the US as well it will be the same for those who attend Ivy league schools. And who are the higher percentage of those who attend Ivy league schools?( I do know you can achieve it by merit but lets look at percentage)

I watched a documentary on BBC 2 ' Britains Forgotten Slave Owners' and it really shed a new light for me on some of these issues.

Its just too complex an issue to analyse and discuss jare.

1 Like

Re: Girls night out discussions by fearlesschicken: 1:00am On Aug 16, 2015
Re: Girls night out discussions by EfemenaXY: 1:50am On Aug 16, 2015
Finally, some intelligent talk.

Nice one, Tearoses and Damiso. smiley

@Sagamite, Jaybee3, and SirShymexx: I'd love to read your views on institutional racism in the UK from a working black man's perspective. Is it truth or myth that the ceiling of achievement for certain highly paid positions are mirages / made of glass? And that the doors only swing open for just ONE black man, then get firmly closed off against more of our men?
Re: Girls night out discussions by Sagamite(m): 8:58am On Aug 16, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Nice one, Tearoses and Damiso. smiley

@Sagamite, Jaybee3, and SirShymexx: I'd love to read your views on institutional racism in the UK from a working black man's perspective. Is it truth or myth that the ceiling of achievement for certain highly paid positions are mirages / made of glass? And that the doors only swing open for just ONE black man, then get firmly closed off against more of our men?

There is hardly anything like institutional racism in the UK. What you have is institutional stereotpying and institutional connections. Same as everywhere in the world.

As a black man, I actually think if you are well qualified, the door is easy and wide open at the lower levels. It is actually an advantage to be black at the lower levels. They will check your quality and if your are of the right quality, they will walk you through the door.

The challenge for the black man in the UK is at the top. Unfortunately, this is where institutional stereotpying and institutional connections come in.

People at this level are hired based on who you know and what gloss you have. There is still an aristocratic class still ruling the country. If you are not networked with this class and not an Oxbridge (or, at least, Top 10 uni grad [where posh kids go]), then you will struggle to break into the top, be you white, brown, black, green, blue or whatever.

Many blacks are not connected in this network. They did not attend Eton, Winchester, Harrow, St Paul's etc and then follow on with a degree at Oxford, Cambridge or LSE. Those high schools are where most top positions are already being shared. The connections made.

Look at Kweku Adoboli. He was black but rose to the top quickly. Within 5 years, he moved from back office analyst role to front office senior manager role making £350K a year and spending £5K a month on renting a one-bedroom apartment.

First of all, to get to that senior front office role from a junior front office role takes longer than that. Not to talk of from a junior BACK office role.

Secondly, it is extremely rare to have someone from back office transitioning to front office. Talkless of transitioning to front office and accelerating.

But he, as a black man, did it.

Why?

He was headboy at a UK private school, went to the reasonably posh Nottingham University. One of my buddies actually studied the same degree with him and knew him well. He was not exceptionally brilliant.

https://www.nairaland.com/760569/ghanian-man-arrested-over-2billion#9155035

He had the connections, understood the upper class culture and knew their language.

He probably was also good at his job. He had an affinity to trading. We all have our natural affinity.

As for institutional steroetyping, unfortunately, many in the black race are dumb fuuktards. Other races tend not to see blacks as intelligent because of our behaviours, priorities, how our rulers have ruined the continent and our popular culture.

Steroetyping is a normal and natural (although unintelligent) human process of making quick decisions. As long as these moronic fuuktards keep embarrassing the few of as that are inch sharp, the glass ceiling would remain thick especially for those that do not have the connections and academic gloss.

To summarise, black guys have it easy at the bottom in the UK, but their rise to the ultimate top is limited because of primarily lack of aristocratic connections and secondarily stereotype. The aristocratic connections is still held by a few whites. They exclude other whites.

9 Likes

Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 16, 2015
Sagamite:

There is hardly anything like institutional racism in the UK. What you have is institutional stereotpying and institutional connections. Same as everywhere in the world.

As a black man, I actually think if you are well qualified, the door is easy and wide open at the lower levels. It is actually an advantage to be black at the lower levels. They will check your quality and if your are of the right quality, they will walk you through the door.

The challenge for the black man in the UK is at the top. Unfortunately, this is where institutional stereotpying and institutional connections come in.

People at this level are hired based on who you know and what gloss you have. There is still an aristocratic class still ruling the country. If you are not networked with this class and not an Oxbridge (or, at least, Top 10 uni grad [where posh kids go]), then you will struggle to break into the top, be you white, brown, black, green, blue or whatever.

Many blacks are not connected in this network. They did not attend Eton, Winchester, Harrow, St Paul's etc and then follow on with a degree at Oxford, Cambridge or LSE. Those high schools are where most top positions are already being shared. The connections made.

Look at Kweku Adoboli. He was black but rose to the top quickly. Within 5 years, he moved from back office analyst role to front office senior manager role making £350K a year and spending £5K a month on rental one bedroom apartment.

First of all, to get to that senior front office role from a junior front office role takes longer than that. Not to talk of from a junior BACK office role.

Secondly, it is extremely rare to have someone from back office transitioning to front office. Talkless of transitioning to front office and accelerating.

Why?

He was headboy at a UK private school, went to the reasonably posh Nottingham University. One of my buddies actually studied the same degree with him and knew him well. He was not exceptionally brilliant.

He had the connections, understood the upper class culture and knew their language.

He probably was also good at his job. He had an affinity to trading. We all have our natural affinity.

As for institutional steroetyping, unfortunately, many in the black race are dumb fuuktards. Other races tend not to see blacks as intelligent because of our behaviours, priorities, how our rulers have ruined the continent and our popular culture.

Steroetyping is normal and natural (although unintelligent) human process of making quick decisions. As long as these moronic fuuktards keep embarrassing the few of as that are inch sharp, the glass ceiling would remain thick especially for those that do not have the connections and academic gloss.

To summarise, black guys have it easy at the bottom in the UK, but there rise to the ultimate top is limited because of primarily lack of aristocratic connections and secondarily stereotype. The aristocratic connections is still held by a few whites. They exclude other whites.
I actually enjoyed reading this.
Very deep and concise.

3 Likes

Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 16, 2015
Edwife, go to church tongue
Re: Girls night out discussions by babygirlfl: 9:14am On Aug 16, 2015
Sagamite. Your write-up was very interesting to read. I think some black people both men and women also use racism as an excuse why they don't achieve much. What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Girls night out discussions by Sagamite(m): 10:20am On Aug 16, 2015
moca:

Very deep and concise.

babygirlfl:
Sagamite. Your write-up was very interesting to read. I think some black people both men and women also use racism as an excuse why they don't achieve much. What do you think?

Thanks.

That is actually one of the MAIN factors why the black race is a failure and full of failures.

The already prepared and self-convinced excuse of being a victim: racism, colonialism and slavery.

If you have an excuse to fail before you start anything or any task, then you are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more likely to fail.

It is a get out of jail card repeatedly used by black people.

When I go around on NL calling those screaming "racism" cretinous fuuktards, a lot of people don't understand the mentality I am helping to improve.

Blacks have misplaced priorities, don't work hard enough and don't try to be the best they can be.

https://www.nairaland.com/730675/london-riot-pls-post-pics/10#8895259

https://www.nairaland.com/730675/london-riot-pls-post-pics/10#8895599

https://www.nairaland.com/1997545/anger-shame-africa/8#28385577

I dare anyone in this world to show me 5 properties for sale or rent in Nigeria that was advertised in such a way the property looks clean and attractive.

That is the quality of Nigerians.

The mentality is fcked.

Many people are not only corrupt and unprofessional, but completely incompetent in their jobs.

Then you have fuuktards like these with their ready excuse: racism, colonialism and slavery.

https://www.nairaland.com/1997545/anger-shame-africa#28092570

3 Likes

Re: Girls night out discussions by EfemenaXY: 11:37am On Aug 16, 2015
moca:

Very deep and concise.

I did too. Love the way he always puts his points across. Straight to the point. No waffles or beating around the bush.

Sagamite, nice one - thanks, but there is an area I don't entirely agree with you on. Will come back to it later, after mass. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Girls night out discussions by Sagamite(m): 11:47am On Aug 16, 2015
EfemenaXY:

I did too. Love the way he always puts his points across. Straight to the point. No waffles or beating around the bush.

Sagamite, nice one - thanks, but there is an area I don't entirely agree with you on. Will come back to it later, after mass. smiley

You still go to mass? shocked

To do what? shocked

You are missing Take Me Out on tv. tongue grin grin grin grin
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 16, 2015
moca:

Very deep and concise.

Hehe

Even moca's usual style of writing changed after reading Sagamite's post.

I like Sagamite's perspective. I have only lived in the West as a child and as an adult for educational purposes so I don't think I could contribute to the topic as such.

My childhood experiences are probably coloured by naivety so I don't think they count. As much as I went to both catholic school and a private school and I was only one out 3 black children I didn't 'get' what racism was.

@Efemenaxy

Lol there was this post of Saga's on Empire series that I read. Talk about pouring cold water on a fire, I still finished the series but Na side eye I give all the plots.

1 Like

Re: Girls night out discussions by SirShymexx: 12:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
Sagamite:

1) There is hardly anything like institutional racism in the UK. What you have is institutional stereotpying and institutional connections. Same as everywhere in the world.

2). As a black man, I actually think if you are well qualified, the door is easy and wide open at the lower levels. It is actually an advantage to be black at the lower levels. They will check your quality and if your are of the right quality, they will walk you through the door.

3). Look at Kweku Adoboli. He was black but rose to the top quickly. Within 5 years, he moved from back office analyst role to front office senior manager role making £350K a year and spending £5K a month on rental one bedroom apartment.

Do you actually read what you post most times? Let me ask you a few questions:

1). What's the difference institutional stereotyping in the context of race and institutional racism?

2). So you expect all black folks to be stuck at the lower levels cos "the door is easy and wide open at the lower levels", no? How about black folks who are too qualified to work at the lower levels - they shouldn't aim higher, no? And isn't the ceiling about medium and higher levels?

3). Was Kweku Adoboli actually a senior manager or a junior trader? It's either you don't know what you're talking about, or you just basically got carried away with the £360,000 he was making per annum largely cos of bonuses earned via being a serial gambler and illicit deals, which he was able to hide from his seniors, while foregoing the safety net. He's a fraudster. I doubt you understand how investment banking works. Anyway, the guy was NEVER a senior manager - just a former trainee that got moved to the position of a junior trader.

Anyway, I don't expect you to post anything intelligent as rebuttal. Hopefully, JayBee3, will be able to educate you.
Re: Girls night out discussions by SirShymexx: 12:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
EfemenaXY:
@Jaybee3, and SirShymexx: I'd love to read your views on institutional racism in the UK from a working black man's perspective. Is it truth or myth that the ceiling of achievement for certain highly paid positions are mirages / made of glass? And that the doors only swing open for just ONE black man, then get firmly closed off against more of our men?

Institutionalised racism in the UK is conspicuous and the ceiling might actually be the worst and most stringent in the world. If what's attainable in the US, which happens to be the standard, is used as a premise to measure it. When juxtaposition the country - relatively, the US might be a tad better cos you have more CEOs, millionaires, top executives, top academics etc.. And that has to do with the fact that the blacks over there have more sense of entitlement due to the history of the country, Affirmative Action, and their population being massive compared to blacks in the UK. However, everyday race baiting is more pronounced there due to the same factors - coupled with deeply segregated the country is. For example: there are so many cities/towns in America where the population is at least 80% black...you'll never find such in the UK (Lewisham borough has the highest population of blacks in the UK and I doubt we're even up to 30% of the population). The gift and the curse.

The reason why the ceiling in the UK might actually be the toughest to crack in the world is because it has three layers: tribalism, class problem, and institutionalised racism. With tribalism - you see that everyday in English vs. Scottish vs. Welsh vs. Irish vs. other Europeans - and this also affects black people. Ditto class problem between the aristocratic and OxBridge class vs. commoners, and blacks aren't also left out of this equation. Then you have the third layer which is the race factor. So you have three factors working against you as a black person, hence it's very difficult. You don't even need to look further than Prime Time TV to understand what's going on. Also, when you considered the fact the it's actually easier for an international student from Africa to get into OxBridge than a black student from the UK (check this: http://www.theguardian.com/education/2010/dec/06/oxford-colleges-no-black-students ) you will see why it's basically a vicious cycle. And once you get into corporate UK environment - you can't miss it cos it's so obvious and everyday at work is basically like walking on eggshells and your motto will always be: just don't get fired (insert Jacoby's voice here lol). Take a look at the FTSE 100 on the LSE: how many black CEOs and top executives are represented there? You can take a walk though the City of London and Canary Wharf during rush/work hours and that right there should tell you all you need to know.

Additionally, I think it will be difficult for new immigrants from Africa to demystify cos the UK has perfected the art of creating a bubble and most are contented with just leading a better life that what they had where they came from. Once they have a mortgage or council flat to rest their heads, a car to drive, and can feed themselves and family members - life's great. However, once they start aiming higher - it's right there in their faces. Conversely, someone who has lived through the system, as a black person, will always have a perfect understanding of what's going on cos of the sense of entitlement that comes with that space. I guess that's why there's a communication gap between the two groups and why certain folks will always tag those who speak about the obvious as race-baiters or using race as an excuse.

That said, it's their ancestral country regardless of the sins of the past. It's 2015 and I think we as black people should endeavour to start looking inwards and start creating our own. I believe we only thrive on being appendages to others (we let others build and look for ways to tag along) and this unique problem isn't a black diaspora thing, it's a universal black problem and it's also what's plaguing the African continent. We've the gift to do it, we're just too mentally/intellectually lazy to do anything on our own and we'd rather copy and paste from others, than build something that's uniquely ours. Hence we're only allowed to thrive at the bottom of the totem pole of everything. Just take a look at what the Asians are doing with communal economics, and you'd have no other choice than to envy them. And that's also the reason why they have it better.

P.S: Sis Efemena, I had to veer off topic a bit cos I wanted to post everything in one reply. I don't like getting involved in group threads like this one cos of all the infantile drama on this forum - but I had to answer ya bird-call.

I'm out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girls night out discussions by Sagamite(m): 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2015
SirShymexx:

Do you actually read what you post most times? Let me ask you a few questions:

1). What's the difference institutional stereotyping in the context of race and institutional racism?

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

Why don't you explain what difference and non difference you see in both.

Let me humiliate you.

SirShymexx:

2). So you expect all black folks to be stuck at the lower levels cos "the door is easy and wide open at the lower levels", no? How about black folks who are too qualified to work at the lower levels - they shouldn't aim higher, no? And isn't the ceiling about medium and higher levels?

Where did I say that or insinuate that?

SirShymexx:

3). Was Kweku Adoboli actually a senior manager or a junior trader? It's either you don't know what you're talking about, or you just basically got carried away with the £360,000 he was making per annum largely cos of bonuses earned via being a serial gambler and illicit deals, which he was able to hide from his seniors, while foregoing the safety net. He's a fraudster. I doubt you understand how investment banking works. Anyway, the guy was NEVER a senior manager - just a former trainee that got moved to the position of a junior trader.

Anyway, I don't expect you to post anything intelligent as rebuttal. Hopefully, JayBee3, will be able to educate you.

You are a pure cretinous fuuktard!

Pure one!

Moronic fuuktard, have you ever worked in an investment banking environment before?

Who the fck are you to tell Sagamite about investment banking?

So what was Kweku, cretin?

He was not a senior manager?

Your moronic arsse is arguing with me about someone that is first degree within my social circles?

So a Director at UBS is a junior trader?

You are a cretin that needs that your tiny brain smashed with an hammer.

You pulled this moronic opinion from your arsse?

2 Likes

Re: Girls night out discussions by Sagamite(m): 12:27pm On Aug 16, 2015
salsera:

Hehe

Even moca's usual style of writing changed after reading Sagamite's post.

I like Sagamite's perspective. I have only lived in the West as a child and as an adult for educational purposes so I don't think I could contribute to the topic as such.

My childhood experiences are probably coloured by naivety so I don't think they count. As much as I went to both catholic school and a private school and I was only one out 3 black children I didn't 'get' what racism was.

@Efemenaxy

Lol there was this post of Saga's on Empire series that I read. Talk about pouring cold water on a fire, I still finished the series but Na side eye I give all the plots.

lol. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

www.nairaland.com/2167379/new-series-empire-fan-club/8#33913881

www.nairaland.com/2167379/new-series-empire-fan-club/8#33914769

www.nairaland.com/2167379/new-series-empire-fan-club/9#33920457

www.nairaland.com/2167379/new-series-empire-fan-club/9#33920629
Re: Girls night out discussions by SirShymexx: 12:32pm On Aug 16, 2015
[s]
Sagamite:

So a Director at UBS is a junior trader?

You are a cretin that needs that your tiny brain smashed with an hammer.

You pulled this moronic opinion from your arsse?
[/s]

Lmao!

Stark illiterate, you're very predictable. You sound like those loutish and vacuous Nigerians who speak loud on the phone - saying a lot without actually saying anything. You're a bum!

Read these excerpts:

UBS rogue trader Kweku Adoboli jailed over 'UK's biggest fraud'

Kweku Adoboli, a relatively junior City trader who almost destroyed the banking giant UBS through increasingly reckless illicit deals, has been jailed after being convicted of what police describe as the biggest fraud in UK history.

However, the judge told a tearful Adoboli he rejected claims that the young trader had been out primarily for personal gain, saying this could also explain the acquittals for false accounting.

The trial heard Adoboli had had a rapid ascent through UBS after joining as a graduate trainee in 2003. Moving from a back office role to the exchange traded futures desk, he began his illicit deals in late 2008, initially accruing substantial profits. These were lodged in a secret account he called his umbrella and drip fed back on to the regular books. But as European markets hit turmoil in the summer of 2011, the trades began to make a loss, which he desperately attempted to recoup with ever-bigger punts.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/nov/20/ubs-trader-kweku-adoboli-jailed-fraud

My last reply to you, you idiotic oaf. Don't talk about something you don't understand - you don't understand the system in the UK.
Re: Girls night out discussions by bukatyne(f): 12:33pm On Aug 16, 2015
Sagamite:

Look at Kweku Adoboli. He was black but rose to the top quickly. Within 5 years, he moved from back office analyst role to front office senior manager role making £350K a year and spending £5K a month on renting a one-bedroom apartment.

Why?

Steroetyping is normal and natural (although unintelligent) human process of making quick decisions. As long as these moronic fuuktards keep embarrassing the few of as that are inch sharp, the glass ceiling would remain thick especially for those that do not have the connections and academic gloss.

To summarise, black guys have it easy at the bottom in the UK, but their rise to the ultimate top is limited because of primarily lack of aristocratic connections and secondarily stereotype. The aristocratic connections is still held by a few whites. They exclude other whites.

Hmmm, this is a nice and deep post

From what I hear, educationally and socially sound blacks usually do not have these experiences

1 Like

Re: Girls night out discussions by bukatyne(f): 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2015
Abeg Sagamite and Sirshymmex no fighting here o!

1 Like

Re: Girls night out discussions by Sagamite(m): 12:43pm On Aug 16, 2015
SirShymexx:
[s][/s]

Lmao!

Stark illiterate, you're very predictable. You sound like those loutish and vacuous Nigerians who speak loud on the phone - saying a lot without actually saying anything. You're a bum!

Read these excerpts:

My last reply to you, you idiotic oaf. Don't talk about something you don't understand - you don't understand the system in the UK.

You are trying to lecture me about someone close to my inner circles?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19660659

By 2008 he was an associate director and in 2010 was promoted to director. By now he was earning nearly £200,000 including bonuses.

Cretin, did you think there would be any junior trader (at analyst level) in an investment bank that would make £350K a year?

Have you worked in such high achieving environments before?

Why would your moronic arsse want to argue about something that is above your level?

Your moronic dumb arsse actually intepreted a newspaper saying someone is "young" as meaning he is junior?

You did not see "relatively", cretin?

They did not teach you grammar in school, hhoodrat?

3 Likes

Re: Girls night out discussions by bukatyne(f): 12:55pm On Aug 16, 2015
@Edwife:
Do the lower class whites have it any better? Or is the 'system' skewed against them too?

@damiso:
I agree with you that America has to employ less aggressive tactics when dealing with 'black' suspects. I think the black youth should also be less 'confrontational' and step up their game. It is harder crying foul when some of us are working hard at keeping the stereotypes alive. This is a collective effort of NIN and NID

@babygirlfl:
Very True...even here, Yorubas/Igbos think they are better than each other same with Christian/Muslims etc. i think it also doesnot help that majority of immigrants go there in search of 'better life' and our home countries are in the news for all the wrong reasons.

@Tearoses:
You are right; it lies with the individuals at the end of the day.

@Cococandy:
There will always be people who prefer the perpetual state of victimhood. It gives them the perfect excuse for failure
Re: Girls night out discussions by Sagamite(m): 1:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
Re: Girls night out discussions by SirShymexx: 1:08pm On Aug 16, 2015
Sagamite:

You are trying to lecture me about someone close to my inner circles?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19660659

Cretin, did you think there would be any junior trader (at analyst level) in an investment bank that would make £350K a year?

Have you worked in such high achieving environments before?

Why would your moronic arsse want to argue about something that is above your level?

Your moronic dumb arsse actually intepreted a newspaper saying someone is "young" as meaning he is junior?

You did not see "relatively", cretin?

They did not teach you grammar in school, hhoodrat?

You're a village bum and an arguably the dumbest post on this forum, especially for a forum where there's a dearth in intellectualism. And based how how limited ya lexicon is - I see why you can't discern the fact that a lot of words have the same meaning in context.

1). Institutionalised stereotyping in context of race is basically the same thing as institutionalised racism. However, you're too obtuse to see that, you obnoxious turd and a stark illiterate.

2). You asserted that Kweku Adoboli was a Senior Manager, when he never was. Then twisted it to director. I guess you don't know that being a "Manager" is different from being a "Director". However, that doesn't negate the fact that he was a junior trader who attained directorship by virtue of his illicit deals and serial gambling, which created a bubble of extremely huge profits and by virtue of that, gave him huge bonuses.

Dude, just shut the fvck up - you're a bum, hence you think Nottingham University is a very posh Uni. Go tell porkies to ya fellow village bums on NL- you live in one room shared apartment in Camberwell and you have never worked in the City of London for a day in ya miserable life.

You don't understand the British system...and don't talk about a system you have no understanding of. Just do whatever menial job you do and shut up!
Re: Girls night out discussions by bukatyne(f): 1:10pm On Aug 16, 2015
Sagamite:

Nope.

https://www.nairaland.com/141689/rough-guide-best-most-reputable/8#10451429

https://www.nairaland.com/141689/rough-guide-best-most-reputable/11#37011161

Thanks a lot

So it is more like those in the lower ranks get bitten by the 'system'

Nigeria is coming up with such too. Some employers now specify the University degrees they want too. Even secondary schools matter that's why some parents spend all their life savings to put their kids in schools with outrageous fees.
Re: Girls night out discussions by Sagamite(m): 1:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
SirShymexx:

You're a village bum and an arguably the dumbest post on this forum, especially for a forum where there's a dearth in intellectualism. And based how how limited ya lexicon is - I see why you can't discern the fact that a lot of words have the same meaning in context.

1). Institutionalised stereotyping in context of race is basically the same thing as institutionalised racism. However, you're too obtuse to see that, you obnoxious turd and a stark illiterate.

So you are saying stereotyping means the same thing as racism?

Who the fck is your English teacher?

SirShymexx:

2). You asserted that Kweku Adoboli was a Senior Manager, when he never was. Then twisted it to director. I guess you don't know that being a "Manager" is different from being a "Director". However, that doesn't negate the fact that he was a junior trader who attained directorship by virtue of his illicit deals and serial gambling, which created a bubble of extremely huge profits and by virtue of that, gave him huge bonuses.

Dude, just shut the fvck up - you're a bum, hence you think Nottingham University is a very posh Uni. Go tell porkies to ya fellow village bums on NL- you live in one room shared apartment in Camberwell and you have never worked in the City of London for a day in ya miserable life.

You don't understand the British system...and don't talk about a system you have no understanding of. Just do whatever menial job you do and shut up!

I repeat, have you worked in such environment before?

What do you know about it?

You moronically said a director at UBS was a junior trader? grin grin grin grin grin grin

In UBS, the grades goes along the lines of

- Analyst
- Associate
- Associate Director
- Director
- Executive Director
- Managing Director

The Director at UBS is equivalent to Vice President in other investment banks, you dumb mooooron.

All is just American-style overhyped title roles. Director/President of what?

Effectively, a Director/VP is a Senior Manager. An Associate Director/AVP is a Manager.

You cretin!

Fuuktard, did I not tell you I would humiliate you? grin grin grin grin

Stop debating with people beyond your league about something they are familiar with. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Girls night out discussions by Sagamite(m): 1:28pm On Aug 16, 2015
bukatyne:

Thanks a lot

So it is more like those in the lower ranks get bitten by the 'system'

Nigeria is coming up with such too. Some employers now specify the University degrees they want too. Even secondary schools matter that's why some parents spend all their life savings to put their kids in schools with outrageous fees.

Yep. It is an aristocratic set-up.

If you look at the genealogy of majority of those at the top in the UK, you will find they are descendent from one famous person/family or the other.

These descendancy helps such people in entering the top secondary schools, which gives them a leg up to enter Oxbridge, which then gives them the gloss to say they are the best, the only ones that know the answers and the only ones to rule.

That is what Jeremy Corbyn is facing right now.

Out of all the Labour leadership candidates, he is the only one that did not go to Oxbridge.

So the press (full of Oxbridge alumni) have decided to attack his viability as leader by asking "Will he not alienate labour?". When actually, he is likely to do the opposite.

They are attacking him by asking an "innocent question".

You know that normal brainwashing "question" tactic used by the Media to create a debate that never existed ............................so they can point out that the debate exists. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Remember: 45% of UK media professionals (all newspaper editors, columnists and broadcasters) attended Oxbridge.

They use that approach alot in their pro-homosexual tactics as well. "Ask a question to create a debate that never existed so you can say it is a debate that is going on once the question is being answered, so we need to address it. Hence the debate continues because it is generating different answers and now it is established as a debate (which never existed before). Now it is a debate, then it is an issue that in its existing form might be wrong".

If you are not in that connection, irrespective of your race, you are highly likely to face a glass ceiling.

You need to gloss yourself with a top university and top roles in prestigious firms to have a chance.

That is what Thiam Tidjane did.

1 Like

Re: Girls night out discussions by babygirlfl: 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2015
Sagamite:

Thanks.

That is actually one of the MAIN factors why th black race is a failure and full of failures.

The already prepared and self-convinced excuse of being a victim: racism, colonialism and slavery.

If you have an excuse to fail before you start anything or any task, then you are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more likely to fail.

It is a get out of jail card repeatedly used by black people.

When I go around on NL calling those screaming "racism" cretinous fuuktards, a lot of people don't understand the mentality I am helping to improve.

Blacks have misplaced priorities, don't work hard enough and don't try to be the best they can be.

https://www.nairaland.com/730675/london-riot-pls-post-pics/10#8895259

https://www.nairaland.com/730675/london-riot-pls-post-pics/10#8895599

https://www.nairaland.com/1997545/anger-shame-africa/8#28385577

I dare anyone in this world to show me 5 properties for sale or rent in Nigeria that was advertised in such a way the property looks clean and attractive.

That is the quality of Nigerians.

The mentality is fcked.

Many people are not only corrupt and unprofessional, but completely incompetent in their jobs.

Then you have fuuktards like these with their ready excuse: racism, colonialism and slavery.

https://www.nairaland.com/1997545/anger-shame-africa#28092570

You are right. I have seen many black people complain that they did not get a particular job because they think the employer was racist towards them while in actual sense, they did not do well with the recruitment process or not even qualified. Instead of most of them to ask for feedback to know how they can improve, the just assume they did not get the job because they are black and then make the same mistake again in the next interview. I always ask for feedback and correct whatever mistake I have made. Also why are the Asians so successful in the UK? Does it mean they are not discriminated against? Are they doing something we are not doing? In most sectors, the higher you go, the more difficult the positions get and sometimes quite a few people will be qualified for one senior positions. There has to be something more than you qualifying for the job to get such senior positions.
Re: Girls night out discussions by SirShymexx: 1:34pm On Aug 16, 2015
[s]
Sagamite:

So you are saying stereotyping means the same thing as racism?

Who the fck is your English teacher?

I repeat, have you worked in such environment before?

What do you know about it?

You moronically said a director at UBS was a junior trader? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Fuuktard, did I not tell you I would humiliate you? grin grin grin grin

In UBS, the grades goes along the lines of

- Analyst
- Associate
- Associate Director
- Director
- Managing Director

The Director at UBS is equivalent to Vice President in other investment back, you dumb mooooron.

All is just American-style overhyped title roles.

Effectively, a Director/VP is a Senior Manager. An Associate Director/AVP is a Manager.

You cretin!

Stop debating with people beyond your league about something they are familiar with. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
[/s]

Stark illiterate, how does that negate the fact that he was a junior trader and he had seniors/superiors?

Senior Manager would mean Managing Director, but you're too obtuse and vacuous to see that - just as you're basically too dumb to know that institutionalised stereotyping in context of race is basically the same as institutionalised racism.

You're a dunderhead and village twerp, you incorrigible lout with the IQ of a panda! A cursory look at how limited ya lexicon is should give an insight on why you have problems with basic English usage.

Accursed m0ron, this is the hierarchical structure of UBS:

- Analyst
- Associate
- Associate Director
- Director
- Executive Director
- Managing Director

At analyst level, you're basically a trainee. From associate to director level, you're still relatively a junior trader. You become a senior trader when you move to being an executive director and further up the chain. And after that, you move to the divisional CEO level and keep going up from there.

I wasn't even going to clown ya illiterate arse before, but I had to do it to make it 8-0, before football starts. Super Sunday, in ya face, you despicable and irrepressible lousy oaf. grin
Re: Girls night out discussions by babygirlfl: 1:37pm On Aug 16, 2015
Sagamite:

Yep. It is an aristocratic set-up.

If you look at the genealogy of majority of those at the top in the UK, you will find they are descendent from one famous person/family or the other.

These descendancy helps them in entering the top secondary schools, which gives them a leg up to enter Oxbridge, which then gives them the gloss to say they are the best, the only ones that know the answers and the only ones to rule.

That is what Jeremy Corbyn is facing right now.

Out of all the Labour leadership candidates, he is the only one that did not go to Oxbridge.

So the press (full of Oxbridge alumni) have decided to attack his viability as leader by asking "Will he not alienate labour?". When actually, he is likely to do the opposite.

They are attacking him by asking an "innocent question".

You know that normal brainwashing "question" tactic used by the Media to create a debate that never existed ............................so they can point out that the debate exists. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Remember: 45% of UK media professionals (all newspaper editors, columnists and broadcasters) attended Oxbridge.

They use that approach alot in their pro-homosexual tactics as well. "Ask a question to create a debate that never existed so you can say it is a debate that is going on once the question is being answered, so we need to address it. Hence the debate continues because it is generating diffferent answers and then it is established as a debate (which never existed before). Now it is a debate, then it is an issue that in its existing form might be wrong".

If you are not in that connection, irrespective of your race, you are highly likely to face a glass ceiling.

You need to gloss yourself with a top university and top roles in prestigious firms to have a chance.

That is what Thiam Tidjane did.

In your opinion, what do you think blacks can do to get to the top. I see some Asians in top positions. How did they get there ? We as black people need to find a solution to this problem so our coming generation would not experience this. I did like to see my child at such positions.
Re: Girls night out discussions by Sagamite(m): 1:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
SirShymexx:
[s][/s]

Stark illiterate, how does that negate the fact that he was a junior trader and he had seniors/superiors?

Senior Manager would mean Managing Director, but you're too obtuse and vacuous to see that - just as you're basically too dumb to know that institutionalised stereotyping in context of race is basically the same as institutionalised racism.

You're a dunderhead and village twerp, you incorrigible lout with the IQ of a panda! A cursory look at how limited ya lexicon is should give an insight on why you have problems with basic English usage.

Accursed m0ron, this is the hierarchical structure of UBS:

- Analyst
- Associate
- Associate Director
- Director
- Executive Director
- Managing Director

At analyst level, you're basically a trainee. From associate to director level, you're still relatively a junior trader. You become a senior trader when you move to being an executive director and further up the chain. And after that, you move to the divisional CEO level and keep going up from there.

I wasn't even going to clown ya illiterate arse before, but I had to do it to make it 8-0, before football starts. Super Sunday, in ya face, you despicable and irrepressible lousy oaf. grin

Did I not say I knew you were too dumb to have worked in a top corporate environment before?

So your daft arsse, in your moronic desperation, is now saying a Senior Manager is a "Managing Director"? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So a Senior Manager at Vodafone or Etisalat is a "Managing Director"? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Cretin! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Fuuktard, Managing Directors are called "Executives" in the corporate world.

If ever they are referred to as Senior Managers, it is often when one wants to talk about top officials of a firm from Senior Managers to CEO/MD.

When a firm is having an Away Day for its Senior Managers, it would include all Directors at Board level, plus other Directors, down to Senior Managers with important responsibilities (normally 'Heads of').

For UBS, that would be from Director Upwards.

Fuuktard, you have not worked at that level, you can not know such! grin grin grin grin grin

A director is a junior trader? Because you said so? grin grin grin

Can you see how easy it is for me to intellectually humiliate you? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Girls night out discussions by babygirlfl: 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2015
bukatyne:

@babygirlfl:
Very True...even here, Yorubas/Igbos think they are better than each other same with Christian/Muslims etc. i think it also doesnot help that majority of immigrants go there in search of 'better life' and our home countries are in the news for all the wrong reasons.

Exactly. The tribalism in Nigeria is very bad. To be honest, I don't think our home country being in the news for the wrong reason is so much of a problem as we still see people from countries that are also from counties that does not necessarily have a good reputation making it to the top. Also black kids born here who speak in British accent and don't even have a Nigerian passport also facing the glass ceiling.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (41) (Reply)

Anything Wrong With Sleeping In This Position With My Sister? - Jayzeez / Wife Sends Photo Of Her Drunk Husband Who Slept In The Toilet To Friend / Man Discovered He Is Not The Father Of His Children Through Wife's Chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.