Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week (2475 Views)

2015: Jonathan Will Win Across Board – PDP / AGRIFEST 2015: Jonathan Okays N26 Billion For 2015 Dry Season Farming (Photos) / 2015, Jonathan's Posters Hit Abuja (PICTURE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by ceo4eva: 3:53am On Jan 04, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan will declare his intention to contest for the 2015 presidential election next Thursday, DailyPost has gathered.

He is expected to do so before the National Executive Council, NEC, of the party, where a vote of confidence would be passed on the National Chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur.

PDP National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh, who confirmed that the NEC meeting will hold next Thursday, however refused to give details of the agenda.

National Mirror reports that a member of the National Working Committee, NWC of the party, disclosed that NEC will be formally informed of the president’s intention.

He said: “President Jonathan will formally table his reelection bid and will seek the endorsement of the NEC to be given the opportunity to fly the flag of the party once again.

“The President has personally requested for this NEC as he intends to use the opportunity to clear the ground concerning the crisis in the party, the leadership of Tukur and his ambition to remain in power till 2019.

“Most Nigerians are aware that the President has the intention of remaining in power as far as the constitution permits and he has resolved after due consultations with his immediate family to also seek the permission of the party leaders to continue the good works he is doing.

“He will put the records straight and will ignore the opposition mounted by a segment of the elite who are bent on intimidating him out of power.”

It was also gathered that the meetings of the National Caucus of the party and the Board of Trustees (BoT) scheduled to take place on January 6 and 7 respectively, will pass a vote of confidence on the president and also endorse his re-election bid.

NEC sources disclosed that the party will discuss the defection of some party governors, lawmaker and members to the opposition All Progressives Congress, APC, among others.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2014/01/03/2015-jonathan-declare-re-election-ambition-next-week/

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by JECBOSS: 3:55am On Jan 04, 2014
Good one. Let Jonathan make his stand known to the masses. He has really performed well, but like Oliver Twist, let him do more! GEJ till 2019.

23 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by Princess2be(f): 3:59am On Jan 04, 2014
Jonathan still remains the best President ever produced by Nigeria. Sir, Ride on till 2019. No Shaking!

20 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by Nobody: 4:05am On Jan 04, 2014
I'm wit GEJ anyday, anytime

14 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by Goddex: 4:13am On Jan 04, 2014
Go on, sir. You're one of the best things to happen to Nigeria.

By the way, Power has been very stable in my area the last three weeks. Hope it continues.

15 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by Chylo(m): 4:25am On Jan 04, 2014
If Jonathan decides to contest, Nigeria may not survive 2015. Why? If he wins, the APC alliance will heat the polity to boiling point in the North/West block; and if he looses, the SS/SE block will cry blue murder. Whatever happens, Nigeria looses.

His most patriotic decision will be to step down in 2015, present a credible candidate for PDP and determine to ensure a free and fair election. If he does this, then his retardeeness may be forgiven and he will become an elder statesman too. Anything else, and he will be known forever as the man that destroyed Nigeria!

8 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by subterfuge: 5:01am On Jan 04, 2014
What Else do you Expect?
Power is Sweet like Honey, but when it turns bitter it is worse than Vinegar.
MY ADVISE; Jonathan take a Cue from Mandela, Mbeki, and Honourably bow out when its not toooo late. Do it now that the ovation is lowdest!!
The Grave is for one corpse only, Sycophants will all escape in due course. Watch it.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by Nobody: 5:47am On Jan 04, 2014
Mr President I believe in ur good sense of judgement whether u contest or not. If u do I will campaign online for you and use every contact I know here in Australia and Nigeria to do same for u online because I ve been following Nigeria politics and development since Buhari time up until today and I know u are a gift with a lift to this country. But if u decide not to contest...pls bring a Dangote and pair him with Goswill Akpabio of AkwaIbom state.

11 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by CircleOfWilis: 6:07am On Jan 04, 2014
We are waiting!
Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by premlove(m): 6:10am On Jan 04, 2014
Chylo: If Jonathan decides to contest, Nigeria may not survive 2015. Why? If he wins, the APC alliance will heat the polity to boiling point in the North/West block; and if he looses, the SS/SE block will cry blue murder. Whatever happens, Nigeria looses.

His most patriotic decision will be to step down in 2015, present a credible candidate for PDP and determine to ensure a free and fair election. If he does this, then his retardeeness may be forgiven and he will become an elder statesman too. Anything else, and he will be known forever as the man that destroyed Nigeria!
and he will be a coward if he step down. Is only a fool that runs away from problem with out finding solution to it. If the north want's to crumble because GEJ seek re election their should simply GO AND DIE

15 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by Chylo(m): 6:12am On Jan 04, 2014
zegbeye: Mr President I believe in ur good sense of judgement whether u contest or not. If u do I will campaign online for you and use every contact I know here in Australia and Nigeria to do same for u online because I ve been following Nigeria politics and development since Buhari time up until today and I know u are a gift with a lift to this country. But if u decide not to contest...pls bring a Dangote and pair him with Goswill Akpabio of AkwaIbom state.

I'm sure you were joking about a dangote being president.
Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by dridowu: 6:14am On Jan 04, 2014
Comment reserved till next week
Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by Chylo(m): 6:17am On Jan 04, 2014
prem love: and he will be a coward if he step down. Is only a fool that runs away from problem with out finding solution to it. If the north want's to crumble because GEJ seek re election their should simply GO AND DIE

In the immortal words of Demosthenes, "He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day". It may seem cowardly to surrender to common sense, but at what cost would such bravado be? The North should go and die? You obviously do not want the best for Nigeria as a country.
Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by nofij(m): 6:32am On Jan 04, 2014
OKAY
Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by Femolacaster(m): 6:35am On Jan 04, 2014
One of the worst things to have happened to Nigeria is Gej......don't worry, we will manage u till 2015!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by israel007: 6:43am On Jan 04, 2014
He has every right to
Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by atlwireles: 6:49am On Jan 04, 2014
Join the bandwagon before it's too late, Jonah till 2019.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by tonyot(m): 7:02am On Jan 04, 2014
fresh air till 2019...ride GEJ

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by iconaus: 7:20am On Jan 04, 2014
Chylo: If Jonathan decides to contest, Nigeria may not survive 2015. Why? If he wins, the APC alliance will heat the polity to boiling point in the North/West block; and if he looses, the SS/SE block will cry blue murder. Whatever happens, Nigeria looses.

Instead he will be remembered as the man that brought the necessary change , inevitability and an end to the fraud called Nigeria. He should be given the opportunity to correct the lopsidedness in the Nigeria which some regions are not comfortable with since it flavors them .

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by experimentist: 7:25am On Jan 04, 2014
I'm #6 on his hit list cry
Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by Chylo(m): 7:46am On Jan 04, 2014
icon aus:

Instead he will be remembered as the man that brought the necessary change , inevitability and an end to the fraud called Nigeria. He should be given the opportunity to correct the lopsidedness in the Nigeria which some regions are not comfortable with since it flavors them .

I don't quite understand all you've said, but what special magic trick can he conjure in the next four years, if he wins, that he could not do since he took over from Yar'adua about 6 years ago? We have already seen all he has to offer.

One thing I know is if Jonathan does the job he was elected to do, all this talk about re-contesting or not will be moot. He will be cheered on and all true Nigerians would carry him, on their backs if they have to, as he campaigns for a return. But he has sadly proven incompetent. That is still fine as all hope is not lost for him. All he has to do is step down 2015 and he becomes a hero again.

Even more worrisome is the utter cloddishness of his vice - Sambo. Imagine if GEJ died today (God forbid!), Sambo would be Mr President! grin grin . There are even stories he plans to switch him with Yerima to divide the core north!!! We were beguiled by "no-shoes" and "fresh air", what would he use now?

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by kadas01(m): 7:58am On Jan 04, 2014
GEJ has my vote already! To those of you who are planning to make this country "inhabitable" for peace-loving Nigerians by orchestrating violence which could lead to "break down of Law and Order" come 2015; my sincere advice for you is to "refrain" from such! If you dare try to take laws into your hands because you and your supporters are aggrieved; then the full weight of the law would certainly fall upon you! If you have any complaint, better seek legal redress rather than attempt to truncate the system!.....Thank you!
Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by awodman: 8:17am On Jan 04, 2014
In as much as I will like GEJ to declare his ambition soon,this article is a figment of the writers imagination and lacks substance
Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by donphilopus: 8:25am On Jan 04, 2014
Let him declare his ambition, we're waiting for him to win the 36 states in the forth coming election.

Retardeen, your days are numbered in Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by Tentewa046(m): 8:30am On Jan 04, 2014

. ... Wat more can d north do dat wil b so devilish dan destroyin dis country 4 more dan 35yrs d r in power..r dey not d owners of d wicked terrolist dat is killin dia fellow 9ja brodas. And GEJ is trying 2 remove all those fools dat neva bliv in Nigeria. D r all teaming up because d knw dat 2015~2019 is oil privitisation yr.. Check out how rich d royal families of Arabian are, den u wil undatsd those fool's plan esp OBJ.
Re: 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week by sagytariusTM1: 8:34am On Jan 04, 2014

(1) (2) (Reply)

“i Can Cook Better Than Buhari’s Wife” – Patience Jonathan / OBJ Launches Another Attack On Fayose And GEJ / Help Jonathan Avoid Disgrace- Lagbaja Appeals To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.