Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,455 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Funny Unemployment: - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Funny Unemployment: (440 Views)

Is The Government Responsible For Unemployment Or Is It You? / Youth Unemployment: A New Global Crisis / Unemployment in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Funny Unemployment: by naijagraduates: 6:44am On Jan 04, 2014
There is a kind of unemployment common this days- the funniest type of unemployment ever heard in history. Its very funny because its common among "employed" Nigeria civil servants, and I call it Employed Unemployment"......its doesn't have a universal definition but its concept can be described according to the following scenario- A staff gets to work in the morning at 10am,signs in the register, she waits for a while to know if the "Oga" is around.(Mama rita abeg oga don come and immediately she hears-" No oga no dey on sit" she dashes to the market and comes back with shopping bags. She sits for a while, sleeps after the long walk, she wakes up and gossips for another one hour, steps out for launch which would take about another 40minutes and around 1.30 she leaves to pick up her kids from school. She then returns to sign out. And it goes on and on till she eventually retires.....
These are not the kind of jobs that would move Nigeria forward in fact these are the things that cripples the economy when workers have no jobs. They are paid just to show up and leave. This association also preaches productivity,creativity, the ability of people to be innovative and trying to meet the need of people when the need arises.
We started with an undying spirit, a spirit filled with an adrenaline pumping kind of ginger. Let's allow that same spirit to revive us again. We are concerned with liberating ourselves from the shackles of poverty. We have to wrestle constantly with the trap of moral,social,economic,political and religious problems in other to achieve our motives and intentions. This group, this movement, this struggle is a forum for intellectuals to come together and fight graduates unemployment and joblessness among the Nigerian youths in general. So we shouldn't start pointing fingers or start blaming anyone at this stage since we still have a long way to go and so many things to achieve together- and this can't be possible doubting ourselves or throwing shots at one another.
On the 11th of december 2013 I received a text message from a member from Imo state he goes by the name Dr sydney Eze and this is what he sent and I quote.
" Am doubting your legality in helping the Nigerian Graduates, are you a politician that wants numbers?give two people jobs and you will have the whole nigerian youth to yourselves. Be wise"

Another Gabriel from Rivers sent me another text
"Am sure you are doing this for yourself and your family You want GEJ to make you the minister of youth abi
Keep fooling yourself"

One of my mentors prof Vincent Akinyosoye
Better go get a job, buy a car,build a house, marry a wife and raise your children in peace. I can't support this because I don't want to involve myself in activism or unionism

Just to mention a few..........

These are the kind of comments that shouldn't even make us relent till we finally get to the promise land and all we need is your encouragement and support. I check my account balance every other day and I keep getting disappointed( Lol)- am not a politician and don't need an emeritus professor to tell me what's right from wrong. In the spirit of Madiba we shall all get there very soon. And I conclude with this post from a Nairaland member--
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Wsdm: 9:55pm On Aug 18, 2013
Oh, i am enjoying this thread:
No ethnoreligious bashing,
No tribal bashing,
No regional bashing,
Just one Nigeria!
I have a dream that one day this spirit of togetherness will translate into every facet of our lives.
CARRY GO 9JAGRAaDUATes
Its love from me now and always.
Ehis Abuya. Edited by
Coordinator. Sekinat Daramola

(1) (Reply)

FBK PROMO Make-Up Classes / Nigerian Army Recruitment Shortlist Slot,assistance And Help.  .  08135887110 / Hiflex Resources Concept Ltd Is Offering Promotional Prices For SAP Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.