Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,428 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Derivation And Deprivation II: The Ill-gotten Wealth Of Obasanjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Derivation And Deprivation II: The Ill-gotten Wealth Of Obasanjo (7739 Views)

Borno Gov To Buhari: Give N/east 13% Oil Derivation / Derivation And Deprivation: Why The North Is Poor / Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Derivation And Deprivation II: The Ill-gotten Wealth Of Obasanjo by 500GPA: 4:38pm On Jun 29, 2014
I NEED A WRITE UP LIKE THIS ON JAMES IBORI, ALAMEYESEGHA, STELLA ODUAH

1 Like

Re: Derivation And Deprivation II: The Ill-gotten Wealth Of Obasanjo by jamace(m): 11:39am On Nov 14, 2014
When people say obj fought corruption during his time, I just laugh at their ignorance. grin

1 Like

Re: Derivation And Deprivation II: The Ill-gotten Wealth Of Obasanjo by tit(f): 6:40am On Nov 22, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
...OBJ... became president the second time (and) stole and invested wisely and he only stole more as usual for all politicians and expanded more.

Words on marble from a true disciple of OBJ.
Re: Derivation And Deprivation II: The Ill-gotten Wealth Of Obasanjo by opribo(m): 12:34am On Nov 23, 2014
Now see this tall one with long throat looking like some about to die, if he takesover one in another 8 years he will intimidate everybody while enriching himself to be among the richest president in the world. Lets arrest them all too bad GEJ doesnt have the balls to do that hence people like OBJ want to use their big mouth to drag this country down. We the youths wont allow them. They are selfish, greedy and wicked old soldiers. This GMB is just trying to settle himself since he never had enough time to do it. Nigerians be wise.
Re: Derivation And Deprivation II: The Ill-gotten Wealth Of Obasanjo by Rhozabeth(m): 6:25pm On Nov 27, 2014
Wisdom is the proper application of knowledge! The @OP has obviously not applied his knowledge at all! You should be talking to EFCC and showing them the evidences of what u have told us, not just coming to NL to blab! For your info you have not achieved anything by writing this thrash!
Re: Derivation And Deprivation II: The Ill-gotten Wealth Of Obasanjo by Chigold101(m): 7:00pm On Nov 27, 2014
jamace:
Please, compare what OBJ achieved for himself to what he achieved for Nigeria while in power.

If you think OBJ means well for the masses of Nigeria, think again. I believe his attack on GEJ is based on OBJ's selfish ambition which GEJ refused to grant.

I will say it again, Nigerians be wise.

all these wars against GEJ is cos oil bloc will be renewed in 2016 and sure there is fear on every side amongst enemies of his government.
Re: Derivation And Deprivation II: The Ill-gotten Wealth Of Obasanjo by jamace(m): 7:45pm On Nov 27, 2014
Chigold101:
all these wars against GEJ is cos oil bloc will be renewed in 2016 and sure there is fear on every side amongst enemies of his government.
That's one of the greatest truths, my brother. These politicians are criminals.
Re: Derivation And Deprivation II: The Ill-gotten Wealth Of Obasanjo by thunderrider: 8:07pm On Nov 27, 2014
opribo:
Now see this tall one with long throat looking like some about to die, if he takesover one in another 8 years he will intimidate everybody while enriching himself to be among the richest president in the world. Lets arrest them all too bad GEJ doesnt have the balls to do that hence people like OBJ want to use their big mouth to drag this country down. We the youths wont allow them. They are selfish, greedy and wicked old soldiers. This GMB is just trying to settle himself since he never had enough time to do it. Nigerians be wise.

how I hope and wish our polithiefcians are not all thesame

but alas they all seems to be polilooters
Re: Derivation And Deprivation II: The Ill-gotten Wealth Of Obasanjo by Chigold101(m): 7:45am On Nov 28, 2014
jamace:
That's one of the greatest truths, my brother. These politicians are criminals.
many oil bloc licence will be lost... That one na for sure... and knowing that GEJ being a Niger Deltan is dreadful to think to those who call him clueless... If he wins 2015 election... Then it will be bye bye to those that have more than 1 oil blocs... The battle is yet to began
Re: Derivation And Deprivation II: The Ill-gotten Wealth Of Obasanjo by free13: 2:39pm On Jan 05, 2015
hmm.......
Re: Derivation And Deprivation II: The Ill-gotten Wealth Of Obasanjo by jamace(m): 2:08pm On Aug 11, 2015
Chai, Obj wound Nigeria o. shocked
Re: Derivation And Deprivation II: The Ill-gotten Wealth Of Obasanjo by lawani: 11:34am On Dec 19, 2015
If we had 1000 farmers like President Obasanjo, the agric sector of the economy will swell up and the GDP will increase, there will be food security. If he is corrupt they should secure a conviction but they shouldn't seize the on going business assets he is managing well. I believe the man himself will support that.

1 Like

Re: Derivation And Deprivation II: The Ill-gotten Wealth Of Obasanjo by Konquest: 1:18pm On Feb 11, 2019
jamace:
I found out one astonishing thing about most of our influential politicians in Nigeria, they are all bunch of looters united for a single cause.

All they care about is money. Their interest is on how to dip their hands and loot from our treasury till there is no more left so the life of the people they govern will be miserable.

The life of Obasanjo of today is an echo of his life after retirement 1st October 1979. Obasanjo whom one of his ministers said could not boast of more than twenty thousand naira in his bank account in 1999, today is one of the richest former presidents in the world.

Obasanjo’s stupendous wealth is inversely proportional to the abject poverty that ravages Nigerians. Squalor swaggers on two legs in the country while the likes of Obasanjo make millions every day. Obasanjo’s investment ranges from oil, ethanol, hospitality business, farming, education and other businesses. The big question is: HOW DID HE ACQUIRE ALL THESE WEALTH?

OBASANJO’S FARM: Established since 1978 has been producing fresh agricultural products for almost 30 years. According to Chief Fani-kayode, a former special assistant to Obasanjo on public communications and one time minister of Aviation, Obasanjo’s farm makes an average of 30 million a month or 360 million per year. While in power, Obasanjo was so selfish that he wanted to be the richest farmer in Nigeria. He banned the importation of “Grandparent Stocks” (a variety of chickens), only his farm has the sole franchise for them. Obasanjo was the only one with authority to import and sell them to other poultry farmers in the country.

When Obasanjo became president in 1999, he could boast of only one farm in Ota and in Mambilla. By 2007, Obasanjo has developed farms in Ibadan, Iseyin, Lanlate, Igbo ora and Ibogun. Each of these farms boast of Chinese experts. Obasanjo was busy flying presidential jets to foreign countries in the guise of scouring for foreign investment not for Nigeria but for his own selfish self. He has the biggest cattle ranch and hatchery in Africa located at Igbo ora (Oyo state). He has big fish farms in Lanlate, Ota and a big poultry in Ibogun. He procured appropriate medical facilities to insulate his chickens from the influenza pandemic that ravaged many poultry farmers years back. Other poultry farmers, however lost almost all their chickens. Their president was so selfish he only procured medical facilities for his chickens. Just like GEJ, Obasanjo also don’t give a damn about the people he governs or their welfare.

Obasanjo made good for himself and his chickens while the masses he was governing as president have been wallowing at the lowest level of the global human development index. The chickens on his farm don’t feed on raw corn rather they feed on highly concentrated mineral fortified feeds. The ordinary man on the street of Tafawa-Balewa, Tilden-Fulani, Ningi, katagum, Zaki,(Bauchi state), Ajegunle, ketu, Agege,(Lagos state), Yelwa-shendam, Farin-gada, Unguwar-rogo, Unguwar-rimi, Gangare, Gada-Biu, Riyom,(Plateau state) find it hardly to afford a roasted corn or cooked corn. There is no chicken in Obasanjo’s farm that can be in want of water but the ordinary man in the street of Yemetu, Elekuro, Gege, Bere, Oje, (Oyo State), Tudun-wada, Zangon-kataf, panteka, Rigachuku, Soba, Gidan-waya, Jema’a, (Kaduna State) scoop water from gutters and brooks.

^^^^
^^^^
Well said about the darkside of OBJ and other politicians jamace...!
The exerpt on Atiku from Obasanjo's book is one such instance.

Obasanjo on Atiku:

"What I did not know, which came out glaringly later, was his parental background which was somewhat shadowy, his propensity to corruption, his tendency to disloyalty, his inability to say and stick to the truth all the time,a propensity for poor judgment, his belief and reliance on marabouts , his lack of transparency, his trust in money to buy his way out on all issues and his readiness to sacrifice morality, integrity, propriety truth and national interest for self and selfish interest"

Olusegun Obasanjo
MY WATCH
Volume 2
Pages 31- 32

SOURCE: https://www.nairaland.com/4783646/what-obasanjo-said-atiku-book#72007314

SOURCE:http://saharareporters.com/2018/10/13/most-disloyal-human-being-and-other-bad-things-obasanjo-previously-said-about-atiku

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Derivation And Deprivation II: The Ill-gotten Wealth Of Obasanjo by yusluvad(m): 7:57pm On Aug 16, 2022
jamace:
Please, compare what OBJ achieved for himself to what he achieved for Nigeria while in power.

If you think OBJ means well for the masses of Nigeria, think again. I believe his attack on GEJ is based on OBJ's selfish ambition which GEJ refused to grant.

I will say it again, Nigerians be wise.

Obasanjo and Atiku are highly corrupt crooks, that have stolen high percentage of the Nigerian wealth, and the circle continues. It will take the greatest miracle in the history of mankind to revive Nigeria...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case / Policemen To Undergo Drug Abuse Test – Arase / Protesting Job Seekers Arrested In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.