Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Wants To Change Dos To Xp - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Wants To Change Dos To Xp (650 Views)

Dos And Don'ts Of This Section / Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wants To Change Dos To Xp by alex406(m): 11:39am On Aug 07, 2008
I have a laptop with DOS on it and i want to install Win Xp on it but the system is not loading the installation,please what can i do to get XP installed on the system?
Re: Wants To Change Dos To Xp by uspry1(f): 12:44pm On Aug 07, 2008
@alex406

Tell us your laptop brand name in order for us to decide whether to help you out or not. How much your hard disk space you have? RAM memory?
Re: Wants To Change Dos To Xp by alex406(m): 2:17pm On Aug 07, 2008
512 Ram,120 gb,HP 530
Re: Wants To Change Dos To Xp by uspry1(f): 3:26pm On Aug 07, 2008
In order to install WinXP, you have to boot to WinXP CD. Check boot order in BIOS.

It should read:
- floppy
- CD ROM
- hard drive

Select "CD ROM" then boot it from CD ROM. Computer detect installing for you.

If it doesn't recognize "CD ROM", then can you format the hard disk drive (HDD) under DOS command? Format is used to erase all of the information off of a computer diskette or fixed drive.

If yes you can format HDD, then once format is done, then insert your WinXP CD installation.

(1) (Reply)

Suggest Softwares For Me I Think I Have The Imptant Software So Am Lokin 4 More / Problem With Laptop / Windows Xp Tips And Tricks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.