Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) (3596 Views)

Reuben Abati Caught Using Fake Pictures For GEJ Transformation Projects / Prof. Yemi Osinbanjo Gives Nigerians A Glimpse Into His Office (Pic) / GEJ TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: What Is It Actually? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2014
Akson man:

U are a confirmed dumbass...An extremely hungry man is offered a loaf of bread for starters and he's cursing for not having Pizza.

Go and check out cargo moving locomotives in most parts of Europe,it's still this same type of engines that are in use for moving heavy goods. Some of them still use steam/coal engines.

If your arguments were based on unavailability of high speed passenger trains,one can then listen.
You are dumb fellow,this trains are not up to par as its disadvantages make it frustating for those who want their goods transported thru this means.i don't think you've used it to transport goods ,that's can you can come here with your silly propanganda.
Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by vizboy(m): 3:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
baddest cool guys them done show.

See gobe
Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by jmaine: 3:06pm On Jan 04, 2014
bloggernaija: Sorry,
The rehabilitation was contracted and paid for right from
Abacha 's regime(I remember vividly when the Chinese got to the centre of Ibadan).
And the work continued all the way to the beginning of obasanjo.
Obasanjo expanded the /paid for the entire overhaul of the existing rail system and had a road map for the east west rail system which ought to have been built by now if there was really a tranformation .
Jonathan is simply commissioning the work of others in much the same way as that guy is doing in akwa ibom.
NIGERIA IS SIMPLY NOT WORKING AS IT IS OBVIOUS THAT THAT THE SKY HIGH CRUDE OIL PRICES IS COVERING UP THE WEAKNESS OF THE COUNTRY'S ECONOMY AND THE INEPTITUDE OF THE GOVERNMENT

Suprised i didn't see Lord Lugard referenced in your post . . .

13 Likes

Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by Aksonman: 3:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
cbrass:

If you like go to the moon on holidays its non of my concern..it shows the kind of up bringing..no wonder you saw a train twice in your life. Am not shy to have been raised in agege it only puts me in the better position to rate and debunk the claims of your weakling president about its..sorry his Transformation agenda

I'm glad that you take pride in your poverty stricken '(Agege) up bringing...good for you.
My joy today was seeing cargo trains with several containers moving up North. Not the usual passenger trains you and your 'Agege' siblings are used to hanging on its doors and roof tops.

1 Like

Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by cbrass(m): 3:12pm On Jan 04, 2014
E.M.Ezzy:
who the bleep said you should use the train....i know we are more than this and a light rail would be better for human transportation.but my arguement here is that a locomotive train is not bad for cargo,even if it take a decade to get to kano i dont bleeping care because 1) our lives has been improved cause we wont ha ve to put up with the carbonmonoxide trailers emitt. 2)accidents will be avoided.
Which do you prefer, we make do with what we have and avoid potential accidents or we wait 15 years to build a subway train and the containers keep falling and killing people.....its your call but i know which i'd rather have.

This is why Nigeria will not move forward cos most of you here are on the outside..anyway that cargo train has been happening since and mostly what they carry even up till now is gravel,transformers but none of them carry petroleum products although they started this from inception but the military came in and aborted it. So if they don't carry petroleum products our roads will still be busy..they don't even carry livestocks like cattles etc so how can you now say that there is a transformation

1 Like

Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by Aksonman: 3:13pm On Jan 04, 2014
Tadon200:
You are dumb fellow,this trains are not up to par as its disadvantages make it frustating for those who want their goods transported thru this means.i don't think you've used it to transport goods ,that's can you can come here with your silly propanganda.

Guy.U've just typed the biggest nonsense i've ever read on Nairaland. Go and research on the type of locomotive trains being used to carry heavy duty goods in Europe and Americas,then You can come back and talk to me #firstclassmumu

6 Likes

Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by cbrass(m): 3:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
Akson man:

I'm glad that you take pride in your poverty stricken '(Agege) up bringing...good for you.
My joy today was seeing cargo trains with several containers moving up North. Not the usual passenger trains you and your 'Agege' siblings are used to hanging on its doors and roof tops.

Do you have to insult...rich boy....this shows you are out of ideas
Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by diarra94(m): 3:17pm On Jan 04, 2014
[size=20pt]wtf is wrong with these shallow minded nigerians...... i am nt praising everything jonathan does but a bird must learn to walk before it flies....things are getting better and you dimwits are spilling sh¡t. even in developed countries, coal powered trains are used in transporting cargo over long distances.... who in his right mind will use light rail to transport cargo. to all you haters and unprogressives..........[/size]
[size=30]Go and die[/size]

13 Likes

Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by Aksonman: 3:21pm On Jan 04, 2014
cbrass:

This is why Nigeria will not move forward cos most of you here are on the outside..anyway that cargo train has been happening since and mostly what they carry even up till now is gravel,transformers but none of them carry petroleum products although they started this from inception but the military came in and aborted it. So if they don't carry petroleum products our roads will still be busy..they don't even carry livestocks like cattles etc so how can you now say that there is a transformation

@Bolded...U are very wrong about that.
The movement of petroleum products by rail resumed last year, even NRC had to buy more rail tank wagons to consolidate...see link http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nrc-acquires-20-more-tank-wagons-to-haul-petroleum-products/164955/
Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by Aksonman: 3:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
cbrass:

Whateva dude!
Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by cbrass(m): 3:39pm On Jan 04, 2014
Akson man:

@Bolded...U are very wrong about that.
The movement of petroleum products by rail resumed last year, even NRC had to buy more rail tank wagons to consolidate...see link http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nrc-acquires-20-more-tank-wagons-to-haul-petroleum-products/164955/

Hmmm...I would have loved to click the link bu I discovered it was a thisday newspaper link so I changed my mind cos we know the "reputation" of that tabloid...anyway we still take petroleum products to the north amd we still pay fees to truck drivers so as to stabilize the price of fuel- and this is part of the reason for the move of the privatization of our refineries or haven't you asked your self why they want to sell them.....please bro stop dreaming...there is no single train carrying petroleum products in naija
Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
scipher: nwanne, go bar beach for fresh air
Naah that's fresh breez. And you know too much breez ain't for the health.
Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by EMEzzy(m): 3:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
cbrass:

and you are not moving the country either by twisting facts into propaganda.
Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 04, 2014
APC dogs, in their usual characteristics, are here again to distort facts and history and tell wicked lies. However, some of us have stood like a brick wall against the propagation of lies on this forum.

Here is a report that announced the resumption of haulage transportation 17 SOLID years after it was stopped due to decay in infrastructure:
Sincere 9gerian: ** NRC, ICNL resume haulage transportation 17 years after

by OLUSEGUN

Aug 23, 2013|

The Nigerian Railways Corporate (NRC) is set to convey containers facilitated by Inland Containers Nigeria Limited (ICNL) through the rail tract from Lagos to Kano after 17 years of suspending such exercise.

NRC Managing Director, Mr. Adeseyi Sijuwade, said the resumption of the operations demonstrated the Corporation’s ability to enhance the development of the nation’s economy with active private sector participation.
Sijuwade said in Lagos that as part of the pilot scheme, the Corporation would deploy 20 wagons carrying between 20 and 40 containers.

The Managing Director noted that the commencement of the container freight would help in decongesting the ports as well as help in facilitating the establishment and use of Inland Container Depots (ICDs) along the track corridors.

He added that with the strengthening of the freight capacity, the Corporation was ready to enter into partnership with organisations that require its services.
Sijuwade said: “Twenty containers is equivalent to 20 trailers or 40 trucks on the road. This goes a long way to improve the state of our roads, boost the economic, health, safety and environmental sustainability of the nation.”

Also speaking, ICNL Managing Director, Mallam Ismail Yusuf, noted that the company was taking a giant leap forward by commencing rail haulage of containers from Lagos to Kano and Kaduna Inland Container Terminals respectively.

Yusuf stressed that being a foremost dry port operator in Nigeria, the company’s birth in 1980 through instrumentality of a presidential fiat to open up the hinterland to shipping trade and to provide the necessary solution to the intractable port congestion became a welcome development among international communities, particularly in the maritime sector.

He, however, regretted that the last batch of container traffic on rail left the sea port in March, 1996 and the wagons never returned for lack of traffic and declining fortunes of the rail corporation.

Yusf noted that succour came with positive intervention of the President Goodluck Jonathan-led government to remodel the rail system and reinstate it to its rightful place.

He said: “And this impacted positively on the economy through a massive service delivery of import goods and import products with the associated earnings from such trade.

“However, a functioning rail haulage system is very vital for a seamless distribution of cargo across Nigeria. The vital rail haulage system has been inert for several years despite several forlorn attempts at revamping the system.

“The current expectations are hinged on a carrying capacity of a twenty-wagon train load which will hopefully make a round trip in 10 days with a fortnight movement through a iron tract of 1,132 kilometres to Kano and 909 kilometres to Kaduna and also return empty/export boxes within the same journey with a three-day transit time on each leg.”

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/nrc-icnl-resume-haulage-transportation-17-years-after/
Shame on all liars. Shame on those who hope to win elections on the back of wicked lies and propaganda.

May the Righteous God, who abhors all forms of lies, liquidate them, one after the other, wherever they are. All say Amen! Amen!!!

11 Likes

Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by jmaine: 4:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
cbrass:

Hmmm...I would have loved to click the link bu I discovered it was a thisday newspaper link so I changed my mind cos we know the "reputation" of that tabloid...anyway we still take petroleum products to the north amd we still pay fees to truck drivers so as to stabilize the price of fuel- and this is part of the reason for the move of the privatization of our refineries or haven't you asked your self why they want to sell them.....please bro stop dreaming...there is no single train carrying petroleum products in naija

Your negative desperation is making you seem sillier.

1 Like

Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by fabulous4u: 4:05pm On Jan 04, 2014
bloggernaija: Sorry,
The rehabilitation was contracted and paid for right from
Abacha 's regime(I remember vividly when the Chinese got to the centre of Ibadan).
And the work continued all the way to the beginning of obasanjo.
Obasanjo expanded the /paid for the entire overhaul of the existing rail system and had a road map for the east west rail system which ought to have been built by now if there was really a tranformation .
Jonathan is simply commissioning the work of others in much the same way as that guy is doing in akwa ibom.
NIGERIA IS SIMPLY NOT WORKING AS IT IS OBVIOUS THAT THAT THE SKY HIGH CRUDE OIL PRICES IS COVERING UP THE WEAKNESS OF THE COUNTRY'S ECONOMY AND THE INEPTITUDE OF THE GOVERNMENT
ah this boy can lie ooooo.......so it was abacha that rehabilitated the rails..the more you try to discredit the hardwork of gej the more popular he becomes .
APC e-goat

7 Likes

Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by Henrypraise: 4:17pm On Jan 04, 2014
All des APC pple wen dey find subway, were d one wen una lord fashola n Tinubu do for lagos wen una dey use?
cbrass:

Dis is one of d worst comment on nairaland, its aim is tryin to make d victim look like d opressor.

1 Like

Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
jmaine:

That guy is a psycho

6 Likes

Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by bloggernaija: 7:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
Akson man:

In case you no go school,please read the last bolded line below.

Nothing great about it.
Put a dog there and the Chinese railway corporation are still obligated to fulfil their contract.
LET HIM BUILD THE LAGOS -IBADAN HIGHSPEED RAIL
EAST WEST RAIL LINE ,THEN I WILL AGREE WITH YOU.
Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by jmaine: 7:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
^
The post above supports your inference absolutely . . .

Sincere 9gerian:
That guy is a psycho

5 Likes

Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by taharqa: 9:43pm On Jan 04, 2014
cbrass:

lol, who is this new APC e-IJIOT?? .. Bros, yr moniker has been noticed; shebi that's why you are forming activity and making an azz of yaself?
Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by premlove(m): 9:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
Capt. JH Miller:
Really bro!!? Cargo train!? Smh
may ur head pull out in the mighty name of jesus
Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
luvinhubby: Click `like` if you think this thread should go front page. cool
In spite of over 20 likes, Seun's heart remain unmoved.
Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by Clerverly: 10:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
Sincere 9gerian: If you ask me, GEJ should remain president of Nigeria till 2040. But if that is impossible, I can manage till 2019.

The consensus out there now is that GEJ is the best president Nigeria ever had, atleast in the last 3-4 decades.

This govt has given Nigerians, irrespective of ethnic or religious divide, a FRESH AIR that is sincere, progressive, dependable, sustainable, refreshing and most importantly, that can be SEEN.

God bless our president, all those working with him and all those that are working FOR the PROGRESS of my fatherland!

Shame on the nay sayers, cynics, tribal/religious bigots, enemies of progress and sabotuers!

You mean the consensus among Ijaws/Igbos? Jonathan has no support outside those areas. Go to the street and sample opinions!
Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by Maxymilliano(m): 10:46pm On Jan 04, 2014
Too little too small but a step in the Right Direction.

Countdown to the start-off of the Port Harcourt to Maiduguri train route by the federal government.

Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by Nobody: 1:01am On Jan 05, 2014
Sincere 9gerian: If you ask me, GEJ should remain president of Nigeria till 2040. But if that is impossible, I can manage till 2019.

The consensus out there now is that GEJ is the best president Nigeria ever had, atleast in the last 3-4 decades.

This govt has given Nigerians, irrespective of ethnic or religious divide, a FRESH AIR that is sincere, progressive, dependable, sustainable, refreshing and most importantly, that can be SEEN.

God bless our president, all those working with him and all those that are working FOR the PROGRESS of my fatherland!

Shame on the nay sayers, cynics, tribal/religious bigots, enemies of progress and sabotuers!
smh

1 Like

Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by Kairoseki77: 1:14am On Jan 05, 2014
How the NL politics section works.

Talk about propaganda!

These Igbos just create threads all over the place, fill up the first page with praise singing, and then gang up on anyone who disagrees with their nonsense.

Then once they find a thread where they have taken up ALL the posts on the first page with pro GEJ propaganda, they scream for it to be on the FP. FINALLY, all the NL Igbos come to "like" the posts.

1 Like

Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by Danfo(m): 1:35am On Jan 05, 2014
@Sincere9gerian,

Your avid and unwavering support of GEJ is indicative that you are Reuben Abati.

Having gone through most of your topics/comments it is inconceivable that you are not Abati..

Anyway, go on soun...man must wack (earn a living)...

Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by manny4life(m): 1:41am On Jan 05, 2014
jmaine:

LMAO... EPIC response. cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by manny4life(m): 1:43am On Jan 05, 2014
Tadon200:
when you travel abroad ,this are the trains you see ovetr there?

Yes, these are the types of Cargo trains operating in the U.S.,

CSX, the largest railway operator in the U.S. operates cargo trains like this. Heck even the almighty AMTRAK operates these types of locomotives on their rural routes. So what's your point?
Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by Nobody: 6:26am On Jan 05, 2014
Maxymilliano: Too little too small but a step in the Right Direction.

Countdown to the start-off of the Port Harcourt to Maiduguri train route by the federal government.
Three things excite me the most under this administration because they have multiplier effects in the overall economy and NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT. They are:

1. Free and fair elections. For me, this is the NUMBER ONE and most important dividend of democracy. It has the multiplier effect of giving citizens sense of belonging, connecting elected officials with the citizens, increasing PERFORMANCE of elected officials at all levels and making elected officials more ACCOUNTABLE.

2. The power sector reforms and privatisation of PHCN. The importance of having stable power supply in any economy cannot be over-emphasised.

3. The return of the railways. As at 2009, trains where not moving in any part of Nigeria, except the Kaduna intra-city (within Kaduna) train services in Kaduna state which was repaired and sustained by the current vice president who was then the governor of Kaduna. From Lagos to Kano, PH to Enugu and Maiduguri, there was no train services anywhere. In fact, the railways where already encroached upon by people who were building all sorts of things and NRC had sold out or concessioned many of its properties. The Yar Adua govt began the initial process of returning the railways in 2009 and this was continued in 2010 by the GEJ govt.

I'm excited about rail transportation because it is an indispensable alternative form of transportation for large countries like ours. Shutting down the railways was like shutting the Airports and expecting all of us to go by road. Rail transport is by far cheaper (very good for the poor, low and middle income earners), safer and, very importantly, it is indispensable for haulage services. It takes alot of pressure off our roads, thereby increasing the life span of our roads. Because it is a cheaper form of transport, it also helps to force down the prices of goods and services. So my dear, the return of the railways is not "too little too small". I roll out the drums to celebrate every progress made in rail transport sector.
Re: I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture) by Nobody: 6:35am On Jan 05, 2014
Kairoseki77: How the NL politics section works.

Talk about propaganda!

These Igbos just create threads all over the place, fill up the first page with praise singing, and then gang up on anyone who disagrees with their nonsense.

Then once they find a thread where they have taken up ALL the posts on the first page with pro GEJ propaganda, they scream for it to be on the FP. FINALLY, all the NL Igbos come to "like" the posts.
So all you could see on this thread is "Igbos"? You and other haters of president Jonathan now shamelessly flaunt your tribal bigotry.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SAMBO LOSES HIS WARD-KABALA-WARD 05 WOEFULLY TO APC-LEADERSHIP / For Those Saying Buhari Got 25% In Imo, You Will Be Shocked / Igbo Convention On One Nigeria On....in Aba.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.