Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,535 members, 7,865,211 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:03 PM

Blackberry Sues Typo An Iphone Keyboard Maker. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Sues Typo An Iphone Keyboard Maker. (702 Views)

Etisalat Sues MTN Over Visafone Acquisition / How Beautiful Does Your Phone Keyboard Looks (pics) / Michael Akindele, 30-Year-Old Nigerian Mobile Phone Maker, Gets Global Attention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Sues Typo An Iphone Keyboard Maker. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 04, 2014
BlackBerry today announced it has filed a lawsuit in the Northern District of California against Typo, the maker of an iPhone keyboard case designed to slip onto Apple’s phones. The Canadian company argues the accessory violates its intellectual property rights, which it will protect from copying and infringement.

“This is a blatant infringement against BlackBerry’s iconic keyboard, and we will vigorously protect our intellectual property against any company that attempts to copy our unique design,” Steve Zipperstein, BlackBerry’s General Counsel and Chief Legal Officer, said in a statement. “From the beginning, BlackBerry has always focused on offering an exceptional typing experience that combines a great design with ergonomic excellence. We are flattered by the desire to graft our keyboard onto other smartphones, but we will not tolerate such activity without fair compensation for using our intellectual property and our technological innovations.”

Typo was founded by entrepreneur Laurence Hallier and TV host Ryan Seacrest. The keyboard is supposed to be made available for pre-order this month after debuting at CES 2014.

Typo has issued a statement in response to BlackBerry’s lawsuit, saying that it’s without any merit and will defend itself “vigorously”. Here’s the complete statement that the company "We are aware of the lawsuit that Blackberry filed today against Typo Products. Although we respect Blackberry and its intellectual property, we believe that Blackberry’s claims against Typo lack merit and we intend to defend the case vigorously. We are excited about our innovative keyboard design, which is the culmination of years of development and research. The Typo keyboard has garnered an overwhelmingly positive response from the public. We are also looking forward to our product launch at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas next week and remain on track to begin shipping pre-orders at the end of January.

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2014/01/03/blackberry-sues-ryan-seacrests-typo-blatantly-copied-iphone-keyboard-case/#!rjYp9

Re: Blackberry Sues Typo An Iphone Keyboard Maker. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
In my Opinion, the Keyboard really looks like the Blackberry type pad.

Re: Blackberry Sues Typo An Iphone Keyboard Maker. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
Blackberry Q series

protegesol: In my Opinion, the Keyboard really looks like the Blackberry type pad.
Re: Blackberry Sues Typo An Iphone Keyboard Maker. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 04, 2014
aze: Blackberry Q series

That's right...I think they have a valid reason to sue the company but that things is going to sell...Preorder goes for $99 bucks.
Re: Blackberry Sues Typo An Iphone Keyboard Maker. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
If they like let them have valid or invalid reasons all I need is that type of hardware keypad from another OEM solely for Android smartphones,

protegesol:
That's right...I think they have a valid reason to sue the company but that things is going to sell...Preorder goes for $99 bucks.
Re: Blackberry Sues Typo An Iphone Keyboard Maker. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2014
aze:

If they like let them have valid or invalid reasons all I need is that type of hardware keypad from another OEM solely for Android smartphones,

That's a good idea for another start-up business. Meanwhile, i already joined the mailing list for the Typo prorder so i might be shipping some in by the end of this month.

There's another product that prevents your Android/Windows/iPhone Touchscreen from cracking. We all know that's a common problem and it really pisses one off besides, screen repairs also costs a lot of money. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Nokia XL Dual SIM Smartphone / Video Of First Iphone 6 Drop By Boy And Fell On A Hard Concrete In Australia / My Current Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.