Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri (8626 Views)

GEJ Vs Buhari: Whose Body Language Is More Convincing? Reno Omokri Asks / Reno Omokri And Doyin Okupe Come After Bola Tinubu On Twitter(Pics) / GEJ's Aide Reno Omokri & Osinbajo At Twitter War Over Kano Rally Crowd- Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by ebamma(m): 3:16pm On Jan 09, 2014
Gej is working anyway, i'm fuelling my generator everyday for two weeks now, cos there is no light in our area,#na thunder go fire una were dey yab that una mouth say gej is working.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 09, 2014
ochejoseph: Reno Omokri is Special Assistant (New Media) to President Jonathan.

His piece below...

I was about to write this piece detailing the positive effects of the Transformation Agenda when I was confronted with a hypocrisy which could possibly pass for the mother of all hypocrisies.
On the 18th of December 2013 several newspapers carried the statement from the All Progressive Congress, APC. While the different papers gave their own slant to the story, I particularly liked the headline from a major newspaper which said "Jonathan Must Respond to Obasanjo - APC". Continue...
Now, imagine my surprise that after President Goodluck Jonathan did exactly what the APC recommended, they changed their tune and on the 26th of December 2013 the headline changed to "APC berates Jonathan’s response to Obasanjo’s letter".

The story in fact was more telling with the Vanguard Newspapers writing that "The All Progressives Congress (APC) says the presidency has been greatly diminished by its decision to throw decorum to the wind and engage former President Olusegun Obasanjo".

With the above, it should now be obvious to objective citizen that the APC stands for nothing and is only against anything President Goodluck Jonathan does.

For instance, Senator Bola Tinubu had been one of the most vociferous champions for the convocation of a National Conference. He had championed this cause for years and many had come to think of the idea as his pet project.

At the first Anthony Enahoro Memorial Lecture in Benin City, Edo State which held on the 24th of November 2011, Bola Tinubu had said “I submit to you today that because of the multiple issues surrounding our skewed federalism and constitutional flaws, the Nigerian nation is weak...The 21-member Presidential Committee on the Review of Outstanding Constitutional Issues (PCROCI) recently set up by President Goodluck Jonathan falls short. It is a backdoor approach to the issue of national conference. In memory of Chief Enahoro we must convoke a national conference.”

And when on October 1st 2013, President Jonathan listened to the cries of Nigerians and decided to convoke the very National Conference that Bola Tinubu advocated, the Asiwaju made a characteristic 360 degree turn and went on attack mode saying on October 6th 2013 “The national conference is by whom, for whom, and at what stage? How many levels of deception? I see a contradiction. I see diversion. I see deception, lack of honesty and integrity.”

If you think this is a case of multiple personality syndrome, you may have a point.

On the 25th of March 2013 after a birthday party that was reported in the media to have cost 1 billion Naira, Bola Tinubu gave an interview to The Sun Newspaper and said "There are so many news items that are seriously more newsworthy than to be looking for Obasanjo’s congratulatory messages in the newspaper. A man who had great opportunity to put Nigeria on the right path and failed to do so; failed to do even the Otta road, not Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. What am I celebrating about him? That’s the truth. He deceptively dealt with the country and he handed over to a man who knew he was ill. Obasanjo is a leader that could not find another successor capable of driving through his vision for the country”.

Imagine my surprise when nine months later on December the 22nd of 2013 the same Bola Tinubu was at former President Obasanjo's residence at Ota and told the same man whom he had hitherto said "had great opportunity to put Nigeria on the right path and failed to do so" that "We’re resolved and determined to rescue Nigeria. We want you as navigator”.

How can these two statements be reconciled?

It is glaring to objective minds that the APC is a party without ideology, and a vision for Nigeria cobbled together by people without scruples who would be willing to work with anybody no matter how odious as long as that person has a grudge against President Goodluck Jonathan.

This is why they cannot argue with facts and figures against President Jonathan and must therefore conjure up lies, innuendo and propaganda.

The APC's attention is focused on the short term goal of securing political power by whatever means necessary. They have no long term focus of transforming the lives of Nigerians. Who has been to an APC rally, or heard an APC chief or chieftain being interviewed and heard them talk about their plans for the transformation of Nigeria?

Over the past year, as if choreographed, APC leaders have talked about 2015 in terms of doom, soaking people in blood, civil war, destruction and such militant language. Politicians ought to think in terms of welfare for the people not warfare for them. Talks of blood/war in 2015 are a result of poverty of vision. They have no vision so they feel must use scare tactics.

What makes these yesterday's men bitter enough to call for blood and gore? I posit that it is the misuse of the opportunities God gave them and the refusal to accept that it has shifted to others.

While the President stays on point talking about his vision for the future, their focus is on insulting and disparaging him. A persuasive leader is not weak and a coercive leader is not strong. Anyone can compel obedience by force but only the strong get it by non violent persuasion.

I often encounter people on Social Media telling me that the President and his team do not fight fire with fire and insults with insults. Insults are available to everyone but they are overlooked by those who want to rise but embraced by those who want to pull the risers down.

The Jonathan presidency is run on ideas because at the helm is a PhD leader who has voiced out severally that he believes in transforming lives rather than conforming to the status quo. Ideas are the building blocks of the Transformation Agenda. Ideas lead to cooperation thus expanding our sense of what is possible. Insults leads to isolation thus limiting our sense of what's possible. This is the basic difference between President Jonathan and the current opposition.

They have called the President a "clueless" leader who is running a "kindergarten presidency", but do the facts support what they claim.

The major leaders of the coalition of the desperate otherwise known as the APC have at one time or the other governed the whole of Nigeria or a major part of it, so they should be able to compare their record side by side the president and establish by such facts whether or not their claims of a clueless leader has any basis in fact.

Since they cannot do it, I will help them by bringing out facts about the Jonathan administration vis a vis what existed before this administration came to power.

They have said that the Nigerian Economy Under President Jonathan has Retrogressed. Is this true?

Here are the Facts with web based evidence so that my readers may trust what I write but verify for themselves:

Under President Jonathan Nigeria's Economy Has Grown To Become The Largest Economy in Africa. (/pbbld8r)

In 2009 Nigeria's Per Capita Income Was $1091.Today it is $1721 and increase of almost 70% (/y5tfwwd)

In 2007 Average Life Expectancy in Nigeria Was 47 Years. Today it is 52 Years (/yyl5xy2)

In 2010 Inflation in Nigeria Was 15.60%. Today it is 7.9% (/6pyhylf)

In 2007 Maternal Mortality Rate Was 750 per 100,000 Births. Today It Is 580 (/lfr4jjb)

They have said that President Jonathan Does Not Fulfill His Promises. Is this true?

Here are the Facts with web based evidence so that my readers may trust what I write but verify for themselves:

On August 26, 2010, President Jonathan Promised to Privatize Nigeria's Power Sector After Heavily Investing in Improving It's Infrastructure. On November 1, 2013, That Promise Was Fulfilled After Successful Bidders Took Delivery Nigeria's Power Generation and Distribution Companies.

Before President Jonathan Ascended to Power The Southeast Had no International Airport. He Promised The Southeast One in 2011. On the 24th of August 2013, The First International Flight Operated by Ethiopian Airlines Landed at the New Akanu Ibiam International Airport Enugu. (/ovodpla)

In 2011 President Jonathan Promised to Revive the Railways. By 2012 The Nigerian Railways Corporation Began Operating a Lagos to Kano Service at the Cost of Just 1500 Naira. In 2013 Rail lines Were Revived From Lagos Port Direct to Kaduna. (/dytx484)

In 2010, President Jonathan promised to Build at Least One Federal University in 12 States of The Federation That Had No Federal Universities. These Include Bayelsa State, Katsina State, Jigawa State, Taraba, Kogi State, Nasarawa, Ekiti State, Ebony State, Gombe State, Kebbi State, Yobe State and Zamfara States. Today, ALL of These States Have One Federal University Each.

In 2011 President Jonathan Promised to Build Schools for Itinerant Scholars in The North Known as Almajiri. As at Today, 123 Almajiri Model Schools Equipped With Malam's Quarters, Hostels, Qu'ranic Recitation Hall and Science Laboratories Have Been Completed While 277 Are Awaited.

In 2011 President Jonathan Promised to Rebuild or Repair Nigeria's Roads. This Advert From ABC Transport Company (a Private Company) Is Proof He Is Fulfilling This Promise

In 2011 President Jonathan Promised to Revive Nigeria's Health Sector. By 2013 His Administration Has Built 3389 Heath Centers Nationwide. This Administration Built National Cancer Screening Centers nationwide, including at the Federal Medical Centre, Gusau in Zamfara, The University of Port-Harcourt Teaching Hospital and the National Obstetric Fistula Centre in Abakaliki. The Jonathan Led FG By 2013 Has Modernized the Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital, the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) and the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan and Built National Trauma Centers at the University of Abuja and the National Hospital also in Abuja.

These Investments in the Health Sector Led to the First Stem Cell Transplant Surgery Ever in Nigeria at UBTH in 2012. By October 2013 UCH Performed the First Open Heart Surgery in Nigeria.

In 2010 President Jonathan Promised to Overhaul Nigeria's Football and Sports Administration for Better Service Delivery. In 2013 Nigeria are the African Champions after Winning the 2013 African Cup of Nations in South Africa. We are Also the World Under 17 Champions After winning The 2013 U-17 Tournament in The UAE. Nigeria Also Became the First African Nation to Qualify for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

In 2010 President Jonathan Promised That Agriculture Would Be Revived. In 2011 Nigeria Imported $11 Billion Worth of Food Especially Rice and Wheat. In 2013, After the Introduction of Cassava Flour and The Duty on Imported Rice Which Led to Massive Local Production, Nigeria's food Import Bill Has Been Reduced by 77%.

3 Million Jobs Have Been Created in the Agriculture Value Chain Since 2011. And Nigeria is amongst only a handful of countries that improved over the previous year I. The 2013 Global Hunger Index.

Fiction: Educational Standards are Falling in Nigeria.

Fact: In 2009 only 25.99 per cent of candidates had credits in English and Mathematics in the WASSCE examinations. By 2013 70% of students had credits in at least 5 subjects.

Conclusion: Don't Judge President Goodluck Jonathan and This Administration on the Fiction That Opposition Linked Propagandist Media Publish. Learn to Separate Facts From Fiction.

Regards,

Reno

http://lindaikeji..com/2014/01/nigeria-in-2014-fact-versus-fiction.html?m=1

smh! Politics
undecided Pls how do i PING my bb?
Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by Aura2(f): 3:31pm On Jan 09, 2014
This long nonsense is not our problem, it is the problem of politicians in several state houses and ASO rock.
Reno, I beg you in the name of Allah! take your PDP - APC fight to your several head quarters, Nigerians are not interested.
Our Children have no good schools to attend, fish is very expensive in the market and we cant buy vehicles anymore.

If you guys cannot solve these problems for us, then keep your love letters to yourselves.

I am tired of these political buffoonery

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by Orikinla(m): 3:32pm On Jan 09, 2014
Pastor Reno Omokri is a puppet of the master puppeteer.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 09, 2014
Aura2: This long nonsense is not our problem, it is the problem of politicians in several state houses and ASO rock.
Reno, I beg you in the name of Allah! take your PDP - APC fight to your several head quarters, Nigerians are not interested.
Our Children have no good schools to attend, fish is very expensive in the market and we cant buy vehicles anymore.

If you guys cannot solve these problems for us, then keep your love letters to yourselves.

I am tired of these political buffoonery

What is this one saying?
are you from Yaba Left?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 09, 2014
Jingo-OAU:
some people despite their sophisticated educational attainment and achievement are still daft, preposterous, incongruous, incorrigible, incoherent and ill-mannered. What i notice here is that even if u are a full-blooded PDP member and your comments is not in tandem with PDP position, some fools here will still label you as APC lapdog or hypocrites. Must everybody who doesn't see things the same way with PDP or the PRESIDENCY be seen as enemy of progress or bad belle?

It now goes to the extent that people now resort to raining curses and abuses on perceived opponents. Everything done contrary to PDP and PRESIDENCY in this country is APC-sponsored....isn't that stupidity? I wouldn't blame these bigots. They all sleep and face the same direction
Cry me a river. APC e-warriors started it. We'r only giving them HEAVY DOSE of their own medicine.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by ifevictor: 3:41pm On Jan 09, 2014
RE: Nigeria in 2014: Fact Versus Fiction by Reno
Omokri? – Babaolowo Oderinlo

As much as I would love to agree with Reno that his claims are valid, even if it is just a tad valid, I am sure his outburst is not for the sake of many.impoverished and suffering Nigerians caught in the middle of politicking and the deception games of Nigerian politicians. I read and understood every
line of this long epistle about APC and PDP, but to what end is his arguments?
To garner support for GEJ in 2015 or to pre-inform us that both parties APC and PDP is still the same team? We already know so we can seek a presidential candidate from Mars.
My grandma is rumoured to be 128 years old, we have facts to back that up but no documents, the deductions was made from the age of her last sibling who died 11years ago at the age of 92.
He had a recorded birth so we knew how old he was when he passed on but I don’t think it was the improvement on life by GEJ recorded at 52years which is light years away from 128 that has kept my
sweet grandma alive.
How come it is only ABC transport that saw the roads built by GEJ?
Who attends the new universities andwhere do the graduates go to work after they graduate from them?
I heard something about the railway and am sure Reno has been to Kano or Kaduna recently, did he patronize the railroads or used a private jet?
What is the outcome of the privatization of NEPA so far…more blackout and less responsibility for the Nigerian government? Tony Elemelu must be smiling somewhere right now

I have lost more female friends to
childbirth in the last 3 years of my life,
none in the preceding 7 years before
2010 and I’ve had so many God children,
the oldest will be 10 this November so
my friends didn’t just start giving birth
all of a sudden, I wonder where Reno got
his doctored child birth mortality index
from?
I remember a hailing coach Tella won the
cadet competition under a sickly
president Yar Adua so I will assume our
GEJ is sick somehow, physically or
upstairs if that’s what he’s got to show
as a promise kept.
Reno should get his facts right, heart
surgery had been carried out in LASUTH
since the day of Yar Adua and even CNN
knows. How come the first was in 2013
when Dr. Bode Falase confirmed 13
success stories as at March 2010 here in
Lagos state on LASUTH facility. Here is
a link to the news in 2010 march health
journal. http://
nigerianhealthjournal.com/?p=123 Abeg
we need fresher lies.
Reno claims “3 Million Jobs Have Been
Created in the Agriculture Value Chain
Since 2011″, lies from the pit of PDP.
Even plus the cows that pulls the plow in
Jigawa and Yobe, there is no way in hell
100,000 jobs had been created in those
years. All agricultural installations in
Nigeria combined has not produced even
1 million bags of produce (rice, beans,
millet, wheat and everything combined)
not even 1 million livestock so it’s
impossible for 3 million people in the
agricultural system to be so under
productive, even a chicken lays more
eggs.
I know it is just a barrage on APC by
PDP to parade their inconsistencies, but
this in no way justifies the demonic,
unproductive, ill-fated, chauvinistic,
disgusting, incongruous show the PDP as
given Nigerians in the last 14years.
Permit me to say that will all the
evidences of corruption thrown in our
eyes daily, from the Farouk Lawan’s of
committee on subsidy thieves vs Otedola
aka Okonjo Eweala’s “cartel”, to the
Diezani Alison-Madueke pyramid, to the
recent bullet proof BMW, the only
conviction the EFCC as managed to get
is against a LAUTECH 24years old yahoo
boy… That should have shown with a
shinning light on GEJ’s anti-corruption
campaign dossier. Here is a
SaharaReporter’s report on the case
EFCC or GEJ needs something to
reference http://saharareporters.com/
press-release/efcc-press-release-
court-jails-undergraduate-3-years-
love-scam or probably borrow from Linda
Ikeji http://
lindaikeji..com/2013/01/
mercedes-benz-suv-range-rover-
sport.html I don’t think they got
conviction for this one yet though, but
Reno should have included it in PDP/
GEJ’s defense.
The truth is definitely staring us in the
eyes because we see it daily, men like
Reno should be stoned at sight for
coming out to point crooked fingers at
crooks like him. I wonder how such men
wake up in the morning and look at their
own children, hoping that someday
something good will come out of their
mottled investments… Maybe we should
start ignoring this our politicians so that
they will know the show is over already,
we should start working on us and allow
them fall by their own counsel. Our
anger and discontent should be
transmuted into ideas on how to
encourage, empower and strengthen the
youths and young powers out there on
the streets that knows nothing about
Linda Ikeji, Babatunde Rosanwo, Sahara
Reporters or even Blogs, Facebook or
Twitter but determines who win or lose in
every election by virtue of strength,
number and force.
These youths are worse than unknown
soldiers, impatient enough to ever send a
text, whose use of a phone is for calls
and calls alone. Young Nigerians by
nature but of a different breed by
nurture and torture. Youths whose only
experience or feeling as been either
hunger or anger, who only understand
the universal language money and will do
the bidding of who ever brings it their
way, saint or sinner. We see them every
day and look at them with disdain
because they are hardened and unkempt
and the stench of “ paraga ” and “ alomo ”
that fills their breathe wouldn’t make
even allow us looking in the direction of
their burnt brown wry smile. Men like
Tinubu, OBJ, GEJ and Co control the
men that control this youths and a man
like Jagaban even wields more control
because he’s closer and even walks their
mist when the occasion calls for it. We
call them “ Eru-Iku” (Death’s slaves)
here in Lagos, they are bred in
thousands in northern Nigeria through
the Almajiri system and finer classrooms
will not change the products, the South
definitely has a pseudo for this
machineries and a Dokubo should know
the word the East is not without them
too because hunger and anger is
universal in Nigeria courtesy past
rulership and PDP’s continuity of a
legacy of decay and destruction.
While we are here on twitter and BBM
monitoring the elections or ranting away
at the ills of the ailing government and
rulers in power, they are out there
snatching ballot boxes in the name of
PDP, APGA, APC and any other “P” you
can think of, or rather hoping to win big
at the lotto stand not interested in
whether it’s a leader or ruler, productive
or as dormant as Olumo rock. While we
are few and learned, existing more
powerfully in this virtual world of the
internet, they are plenty, many and
more than the numbers of the sand at
the beach, real and ready to die for
1000 naira because they have not much
to live for. The good news is whoever
brings food and money first wins their
loyalty, who ever brings value to the
table first in any form controls their
action. I know this much because I came
from the real world, “Dagrin” called it
dirty Lagos and I know there is a dirty,
Abuja, Rivers, Kano, Kaduna and even
New York… but unlike the dirty NY, the
numbers are unfavorable here in
Nigeria, the dirty is a million times more
than the Lekki Lagos but can be
managed and controlled with less millions
than Lekki requires and with more value
propositions if properly planned. After
all, it is hunger and not bad roads that
breeds the anger so with filled bellies,
even the roughest terrain will seem a bit
more pleasant to walk.
My goals are set and I am not planning
to do it alone, but will do it alone if
that’s the only way. My target is the
street not Tinubu and he will never have
the level of loyalty I have earned on the
streets of Ipaja and given more, I will
be stronger than clueless GEJ clones
running my LCDA. My plan is to work
more with the strength of the street
and use it to ensure that it is who we
vote for that sits on the throne and not
who they pay for. With time and better
hold on the forces that really and truly
determines the success of every election
on the street, we will be able to
influence who is selected to represent
from a party and in the nearest future
we will hopefully have a level playing
where those will genuine interest will be
elected at primaries and not selected.
As for me, my target is the foundation,
and with time we will build strong walls
and get to the point where the roof will
not just be a shinny sheet, but a layer
that protects and shields the populace
from the storm along with a wall of
credible people in the different arms
and level of leadership and government.
Our nation is the hardware, the people
are the firmware and the core of the
people is the software. My aim is to
write a rich software that is generic and
structured backend and a simple,
secured algorithm that will be self
upgrading with time, knowledge and
civilization and probably requires only a
few patches being run as it is perfected
across generations.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
Jingo-OAU:
some people despite their sophisticated educational attainment and achievement are still daft, preposterous, incongruous, incorrigible, incoherent and ill-mannered. What i notice here is that even if u are a full-blooded PDP member and your comments is not in tandem with PDP position, some fools here will still label you as APC lapdog or hypocrites. Must everybody who doesn't see things the same way with PDP or the PRESIDENCY be seen as enemy of progress or bad belle?

It now goes to the extent that people now resort to raining curses and abuses on perceived opponents. Everything done contrary to PDP and PRESIDENCY in this country is APC-sponsored....isn't that stupidity? I wouldn't blame these bigots. They all sleep and face the same direction

What do you have to say about Reno's article, arsehole?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by BlackPeni5: 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
^ ^
Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by luvinhubby(m): 3:59pm On Jan 09, 2014
Jingo-OAU:

Bros the reason some of us, myself in particular, adopted a confrontational approach to some issues about GEJ`s administration is the obvious twisting of facts by some politicians, especially them that are of the APC on everything he does.
Criticisms are meant to be constructive and not destructive. You do not insult the office of a head-of-state because you want to score political points.
Agreed that GEJ has not done well in some sectors, but obviously has done well in others. The governor of Osun state called the agriculture sector transformation a `failure` just because he wants to portray the regime as not performing. The Akinwumi Adeshina, the minister for agriculture was honoured by Forbes for what he has done well so far in that sector.
The aviation woman, despite her well publicised failings, her achievement in that sector is very obvious.
Commendations makes criticism easy to accept. Jesus Christ demonstrated that in the His message to seven churches in Asia in the book Revelations Chapters 2 & 3.
Stupidity is seeing things from only one perspective as most of them do.
Bigotry is NOT seeing anything good from others except yourself and your kind.

And HYPOCRISY is denying that a govt. is doing well in the midst of challenges like GEJ. . cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by sucess001(m): 4:05pm On Jan 09, 2014
Yes...GEJ makes promises and keeps them...

he also promised stable electricity in 2011...(https://www.nairaland.com/553395/president-jonathan-predicts-stable-electricity)

I hope you have the stable Electricity Reno?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by meta4(m): 4:06pm On Jan 09, 2014
vizboy:

I love these part

yes, you know how to read. loved it too.
APC will not read this but yet respond if they ever do.
Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by prettyboi1(m): 4:06pm On Jan 09, 2014
Garri the 1st:

Reno should have told us how many percent had credits in English and athematics in 2011, 2012 and 2013.....

Silly Idiot!!
lol....you absolutely spoke my mind. Did you see how he just cornered the statistics with style?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by eeewise(m): 4:07pm On Jan 09, 2014
ebamma: Gej is working anyway, i'm fuelling my generator everyday for two weeks now, cos there is no light in our area,#na thunder go fire una were dey yab that una mouth say gej is working.
this ur comment jst shows ur illitracy doesn't have part 2!!! Dat its not workin in ur end of d divide doesn't mean it isn't working in d oder end.that u didn't get a job doesn't mean 3million pple ddnt get a job by d administratn.that u weren't a beneficiary of surep doesn't mean sme1 else wasn't.life is bigger than ur small community !!!! When we begin to realise transformatn is a process we wil stop fightin unnecessarily.u dnt built wat has been destroyed by successive millitary govts in 3 yrs.this tin takes time..d questn is are we on course?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by Justcash(m): 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2014
We need a reply from Bola Buhari, Muhmudi Tinubu and all the APC confusionists.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by chrisosi: 4:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
ochejoseph: Reno Omokri is Special Assistant (New Media) to President Jonathan.

His piece below...

I was about to write this piece detailing the positive effects of the Transformation Agenda when I was confronted with a hypocrisy which could possibly pass for the mother of all hypocrisies.
On the 18th of December 2013 several newspapers carried the statement from the All Progressive Congress, APC. While the different papers gave their own slant to the story, I particularly liked the headline from a major newspaper which said "Jonathan Must Respond to Obasanjo - APC". Continue...
Now, imagine my surprise that after President Goodluck Jonathan did exactly what the APC recommended, they changed their tune and on the 26th of December 2013 the headline changed to "APC berates Jonathan’s response to Obasanjo’s letter".

The story in fact was more telling with the Vanguard Newspapers writing that "The All Progressives Congress (APC) says the presidency has been greatly diminished by its decision to throw decorum to the wind and engage former President Olusegun Obasanjo".

With the above, it should now be obvious to objective citizen that the APC stands for nothing and is only against anything President Goodluck Jonathan does.

For instance, Senator Bola Tinubu had been one of the most vociferous champions for the convocation of a National Conference. He had championed this cause for years and many had come to think of the idea as his pet project.

At the first Anthony Enahoro Memorial Lecture in Benin City, Edo State which held on the 24th of November 2011, Bola Tinubu had said “I submit to you today that because of the multiple issues surrounding our skewed federalism and constitutional flaws, the Nigerian nation is weak...The 21-member Presidential Committee on the Review of Outstanding Constitutional Issues (PCROCI) recently set up by President Goodluck Jonathan falls short. It is a backdoor approach to the issue of national conference. In memory of Chief Enahoro we must convoke a national conference.”

And when on October 1st 2013, President Jonathan listened to the cries of Nigerians and decided to convoke the very National Conference that Bola Tinubu advocated, the Asiwaju made a characteristic 360 degree turn and went on attack mode saying on October 6th 2013 “The national conference is by whom, for whom, and at what stage? How many levels of deception? I see a contradiction. I see diversion. I see deception, lack of honesty and integrity.”

If you think this is a case of multiple personality syndrome, you may have a point.

On the 25th of March 2013 after a birthday party that was reported in the media to have cost 1 billion Naira, Bola Tinubu gave an interview to The Sun Newspaper and said "There are so many news items that are seriously more newsworthy than to be looking for Obasanjo’s congratulatory messages in the newspaper. A man who had great opportunity to put Nigeria on the right path and failed to do so; failed to do even the Otta road, not Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. What am I celebrating about him? That’s the truth. He deceptively dealt with the country and he handed over to a man who knew he was ill. Obasanjo is a leader that could not find another successor capable of driving through his vision for the country”.

Imagine my surprise when nine months later on December the 22nd of 2013 the same Bola Tinubu was at former President Obasanjo's residence at Ota and told the same man whom he had hitherto said "had great opportunity to put Nigeria on the right path and failed to do so" that "We’re resolved and determined to rescue Nigeria. We want you as navigator”.

How can these two statements be reconciled?

It is glaring to objective minds that the APC is a party without ideology, and a vision for Nigeria cobbled together by people without scruples who would be willing to work with anybody no matter how odious as long as that person has a grudge against President Goodluck Jonathan.

This is why they cannot argue with facts and figures against President Jonathan and must therefore conjure up lies, innuendo and propaganda.

The APC's attention is focused on the short term goal of securing political power by whatever means necessary. They have no long term focus of transforming the lives of Nigerians. Who has been to an APC rally, or heard an APC chief or chieftain being interviewed and heard them talk about their plans for the transformation of Nigeria?

Over the past year, as if choreographed, APC leaders have talked about 2015 in terms of doom, soaking people in blood, civil war, destruction and such militant language. Politicians ought to think in terms of welfare for the people not warfare for them. Talks of blood/war in 2015 are a result of poverty of vision. They have no vision so they feel must use scare tactics.

What makes these yesterday's men bitter enough to call for blood and gore? I posit that it is the misuse of the opportunities God gave them and the refusal to accept that it has shifted to others.

While the President stays on point talking about his vision for the future, their focus is on insulting and disparaging him. A persuasive leader is not weak and a coercive leader is not strong. Anyone can compel obedience by force but only the strong get it by non violent persuasion.

I often encounter people on Social Media telling me that the President and his team do not fight fire with fire and insults with insults. Insults are available to everyone but they are overlooked by those who want to rise but embraced by those who want to pull the risers down.

The Jonathan presidency is run on ideas because at the helm is a PhD leader who has voiced out severally that he believes in transforming lives rather than conforming to the status quo. Ideas are the building blocks of the Transformation Agenda. Ideas lead to cooperation thus expanding our sense of what is possible. Insults leads to isolation thus limiting our sense of what's possible. This is the basic difference between President Jonathan and the current opposition.

They have called the President a "clueless" leader who is running a "kindergarten presidency", but do the facts support what they claim.

The major leaders of the coalition of the desperate otherwise known as the APC have at one time or the other governed the whole of Nigeria or a major part of it, so they should be able to compare their record side by side the president and establish by such facts whether or not their claims of a clueless leader has any basis in fact.

Since they cannot do it, I will help them by bringing out facts about the Jonathan administration vis a vis what existed before this administration came to power.

They have said that the Nigerian Economy Under President Jonathan has Retrogressed. Is this true?

Under President Jonathan Nigeria's Economy Has Grown To Become The Largest Economy in Africa. (/pbbld8r)

In 2009 Nigeria's Per Capita Income Was $1091.Today it is $1721 and increase of almost 70% (/y5tfwwd)

In 2007 Average Life Expectancy in Nigeria Was 47 Years. Today it is 52 Years (/yyl5xy2)

In 2010 Inflation in Nigeria Was 15.60%. Today it is 7.9% (/6pyhylf)

In 2007 Maternal Mortality Rate Was 750 per 100,000 Births. Today It Is 580 (/lfr4jjb)

They have said that President Jonathan Does Not Fulfill His Promises. Is this true?

On August 26, 2010, President Jonathan Promised to Privatize Nigeria's Power Sector After Heavily Investing in Improving It's Infrastructure. On November 1, 2013, That Promise Was Fulfilled After Successful Bidders Took Delivery Nigeria's Power Generation and Distribution Companies.

Before President Jonathan Ascended to Power The Southeast Had no International Airport. He Promised The Southeast One in 2011. On the 24th of August 2013, The First International Flight Operated by Ethiopian Airlines Landed at the New Akanu Ibiam International Airport Enugu. (/ovodpla)

In 2011 President Jonathan Promised to Revive the Railways. By 2012 The Nigerian Railways Corporation Began Operating a Lagos to Kano Service at the Cost of Just 1500 Naira. In 2013 Rail lines Were Revived From Lagos Port Direct to Kaduna. (/dytx484)

In 2010, President Jonathan promised to Build at Least One Federal University in 12 States of The Federation That Had No Federal Universities. These Include Bayelsa State, Katsina State, Jigawa State, Taraba, Kogi State, Nasarawa, Ekiti State, Ebony State, Gombe State, Kebbi State, Yobe State and Zamfara States. Today, ALL of These States Have One Federal University Each.

In 2011 President Jonathan Promised to Build Schools for Itinerant Scholars in The North Known as Almajiri. As at Today, 123 Almajiri Model Schools Equipped With Malam's Quarters, Hostels, Qu'ranic Recitation Hall and Science Laboratories Have Been Completed While 277 Are Awaited.

In 2011 President Jonathan Promised to Rebuild or Repair Nigeria's Roads. This Advert From ABC Transport Company (a Private Company) Is Proof He Is Fulfilling This Promise

In 2011 President Jonathan Promised to Revive Nigeria's Health Sector. By 2013 His Administration Has Built 3389 Heath Centers Nationwide. This Administration Built National Cancer Screening Centers nationwide, including at the Federal Medical Centre, Gusau in Zamfara, The University of Port-Harcourt Teaching Hospital and the National Obstetric Fistula Centre in Abakaliki. The Jonathan Led FG By 2013 Has Modernized the Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital, the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) and the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan and Built National Trauma Centers at the University of Abuja and the National Hospital also in Abuja.

These Investments in the Health Sector Led to the First Stem Cell Transplant Surgery Ever in Nigeria at UBTH in 2012. By October 2013 UCH Performed the First Open Heart Surgery in Nigeria.

In 2010 President Jonathan Promised to Overhaul Nigeria's Football and Sports Administration for Better Service Delivery. In 2013 Nigeria are the African Champions after Winning the 2013 African Cup of Nations in South Africa. We are Also the World Under 17 Champions After winning The 2013 U-17 Tournament in The UAE. Nigeria Also Became the First African Nation to Qualify for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

In 2010 President Jonathan Promised That Agriculture Would Be Revived. In 2011 Nigeria Imported $11 Billion Worth of Food Especially Rice and Wheat. In 2013, After the Introduction of Cassava Flour and The Duty on Imported Rice Which Led to Massive Local Production, Nigeria's food Import Bill Has Been Reduced by 77%.

3 Million Jobs Have Been Created in the Agriculture Value Chain Since 2011. And Nigeria is amongst only a handful of countries that improved over the previous year I. The 2013 Global Hunger Index.

Fiction: Educational Standards are Falling in Nigeria.

Fact: In 2009 only 25.99 per cent of candidates had credits in English and Mathematics in the WASSCE examinations. By 2013 70% of students had credits in at least 5 subjects.

Conclusion: Don't Judge President Goodluck Jonathan and This Administration on the Fiction That Opposition Linked Propagandist Media Publish. Learn to Separate Facts From Fiction.

Regards,

Reno

http://lindaikeji..com/2014/01/nigeria-in-2014-fact-versus-fiction.html?m=1

Are you really a Nigerian or better still, do you really base in Nigeria? We are really suffering in Nigeria, no good road, no light, no food.....Noting is working and you are there saying all this rubbish. I pray God forgives you

Always remember this: When the poor people have noting left to eat, They will start feeding on the flesh of Rich people like U

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by FlintGuevara(m): 5:33pm On Jan 09, 2014
[b][/b] In 2011 President Jonathan Promised to Rebuild
or Repair Nigeria's Roads. This Advert From ABC
Transport Company (a Private Company) Is Proof
He Is Fulfilling This Promise. Did I read right? Even T.V adverts are used as criterias in measuring good governance? SMDH. We're screwed in this country, the opposition sucks... but the givt of the day is utter horsesh.t.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by ololo12: 6:21pm On Jan 09, 2014
How come mr Cramjones hasn't commented on this thread?? It is now clear to me, they just hate Mr President for not just cause. It's a pity. GEJ what have you done to have so many enemies, who want your imminent downfall. Well If God is with you, everything dey kampe. Ride on

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by Standing5(m): 6:35pm On Jan 09, 2014
Reno, 360 degree turn takes you to where you were before the turn. It is 180 degree turn take symbolizes reverse.
Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by Realtony76(m): 6:50pm On Jan 09, 2014
Well, I have not been following the news and gists associated with Nigeria politics for years now, just because I have come to this realisation that most politicians do thinks to their own gain... Majority of Nairalanders are Intellectuals, I suppose, then why all these sentiments... Maybe most of us have not taken the time to read the open letters written by OBJ, Obj's Daughter , GEJ and clark. When you have taken your time to do so maybe you could phantom the truth.... For me, amidst all odds GEJ has done most if not all he has promised Nigerians... I would like to borrow form ''ifevictor post
'RE: Nigeria in 20 Fact Versus Fiction by Reno
Omokri?' – Babaolowo Oderinlo'' the truth be told, you can also make Nigeria great if you can from the grassroots make people around you see what is really going on in this country. This would give us all hope rather than been blinded by the power struggle between PDP and APC....
Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by mhoyorphemmy: 7:08pm On Jan 09, 2014
We the youths of this country are the problem. All the politicians are playing on our intelligence and we're here arguing, fighting and cursing ourselves. OBJ, GEJ, Tinubu, Buhari etc are there for themselves, their families and the generations yet unborn, why can't we stand up for what is right? We see what's wrong but bend to support it so far he's from our tribe.

I don't care where the next President comes from as long as he can deliver the best service, I'm ready to vote him.
Tell me where the claimed 3million jobs created are, are your brothers or any relations among? If your answer is no, then know you've been duped.

I criticize any gorvenance that fails to deliver, GEJ is not living up to expectaion at all. Mind you, I was the guy campaigning to all my friends to vote him then during my service year but I'm disappointed right now.

Let the youth wake up and demand accountabilty from our politicians. Tribalism we only continue to drag us backward.

#myfirst comment on politics section

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by drstone1: 7:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
Jingo-OAU:

Who are you trying to Deceive?
When you talk like one,smell like one,look lyke one,fool around like one,enjoy d same company as one.......make no mistake about it, you must indeed be one. Birds of same feathers! ! ! Or are FFK?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by drstone1: 7:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
Jingo-OAU:

Who are you trying to Deceive?
When you talk like one,smell like one,look lyke one,fool around like one,enjoy d same company as one.......make no mistake about it, you must indeed be one. Birds of same feathers! ! ! Or are U FFK?
Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by phizzle017(m): 9:03pm On Jan 09, 2014
See pips from that part of the country are quick to believe Reno's lies.... I pray for my dear country

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by dexentity: 9:22pm On Jan 09, 2014
This is where I expect the opposition to publish the list of the promises he made to Nigerians when he was seeking for our mandate, so we can compare what is on ground with what is ought to be on ground. That way the electorate will be able to make unbiased decisions without the influence of propagandas and counter propagandas.
Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by iahmed(m): 11:18pm On Jan 09, 2014
well,gej never promised to tackle corruption,and so he never did.
Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:42pm On Jan 09, 2014
eeewise: this ur comment jst shows ur illitracy doesn't have part 2
Look at the bolded. Do no throw stones in glass houses.
Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by neyyo: 2:14am On Jan 10, 2014
The only way forward is to vote for individuals, regardless of party...and when we do, hope our vote's 'll count undecided
Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by OBALINE: 7:52am On Jan 10, 2014
Its obvious the Apc have nothing to offer but unnecessary insults devoid of facts. That's what I call immature politics.
Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by okoromss(m): 8:10am On Jan 10, 2014
[quote author=ganye1]3389 health centres built in Nigeria by President Jonathan and yet I don't know where a single one is located in my state Adamawa.[that's cause u are ignorant]
Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by Ngokafor(f): 9:14am On Jan 10, 2014
Jingo-OAU:

*yawns*..story for the press!...look in the mirror dude,bigots who rain insults and curses on percieved enemies calling the paid agents are you guys.
Re: Nigeria In 2014: Fact Vs Fiction - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 10, 2014
@ochejoseph dat statement of ur is baseless n highly fallacy Ist d six universities established by GEJ administration only 1 out of six is functioning which is d Federal University Of Oye-Ekiti n for almost 3 years now no admin or permanent site

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obiano Swears-In Ijem Onwuamaegbu As Anambra First Female Chief Judge / FG Never Suspended Work At Osisioma Flyover, Says Abia Government / Faleke: Over 5,000 Tinubu And Shettima Support Groups Set To Merge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.