Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara (1459 Views)

PDP Fans Burn APC Brooms, Put APC In A Coffin In Akwa Ibom State? (pictures) / Saraki’s Implosion: A Shameful Public Servant / Waiting For Implosion Of APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
Sincere 9gerian: ** Dele Belgore and Bukola Saraki in war of words

The crisis threatening to consume the Kwara state All Progressive Congress (APC) took a dangerous dimension with the war of words between Senator Bukola Saraki and Mr. Dele Belgore, a one-time governorship candidate of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria in Kwara State.

In an interview conducted by Punch, Mr. Dele Belgore (SAN), who is now a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, says that the defection of Senator Bukola Saraki and Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed will frustrate the wish of the Kwara people to do away with the duo.

However, in a separate interview by Punch, Mr. Yemi Afoloyan, an aide of Bukola Saraki, says Belgore is "politically impotent".

Here are the responses of Mr. Dele Belgore to some of the questions in that interview:

Q: How would you react to the defection of Dr. Bukola Saraki, Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed and their loyalists from the Peoples Democratic Party to the All Progressives Congress?

A: Let me say three things. First of all, I have full respect for the position of the national leadership of our party, APC, regarding the defection of the G-7 or G-5 Governors, including the personalities that you have mentioned. And I understand it from a point of view of national politics. Secondly, as a politician answerable to a local base, I am fully conscious and responsive to the yearnings of the local population. Thirdly, yes any move is always welcome, you will also know that it is not just about a movement, or entry, it should be about value added. So you have to look at the value added.

Q: Do you think that these personalities by their entry to APC will add value to the party and to the Kwara residents?

A: I do not think they will add any value whatsoever to the interest and people of Kwarans.

Q: Why do you say so?
They represent stigma that the Kwara State people are trying to get rid of. Kwara People want a change. They want to move away from impoverishment. They want to move away from leadership by selfish few that rob people of their commonwealth for their own selfish needs. Kwarans do not want leaders who say that nobody can get anything in Kwara State or attain any position in Kwara unless I say so. Kwara people do not want to be impoverished. They do not want leaders who rob them of their opportunities. So from that point of that view, I do not believe that Kwara people see that movement as an asset.

Here is what Yemi Afoloyan said about Mr. Dele Belgore in a separate interview:

Q: Mr. Dele Belgore has said the defection of Dr. Bukola Saraki and Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed to the All Progressives Congress is not an asset to the Kwara State residents. How do you react to that?

A: Mr. Dele Belgore (SAN) is a professional lawyer. He knows that profession very well but when it comes to politics and politics of Kwara, he is completely impotent. He does not even know the geography of Kwara State. Though he is a bona-fide son of Ilorin, he does not know what goes on around Kwara. He does not know the poor people. He cannot empathise with them. So how can he talk about what is in the interest of the people he does not know. I am sure that even within the Emirate, there are many places Belgore does not know. Even within Ilorin West Local Government Area, he does not know also some places. And before you do anything for your people, you must know them, their needs and their aspirations. It is true he came into party politics and he contested election in 2011, I will say his contest or entrance into the Kwara governorship race was a misadventure

http://www.punchng.com/politics/crossfire/kwara-wants-to-get-rid-of-saraki-belgore/
http://www.punchng.com/politics/crossfire/belgore-is-politically-impotent-sarakis-aide/

3 Likes

Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by negaiyke: 6:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
Nobi only implosion, nxt na explosion...aftaral APC na tickin timebomb...

1 Like

Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by Demdem(m): 6:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
Friction like this is not unexpected however I trust Ojuyobos sagacity to pull it through successfully.
They will win eventually.
Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by amabia: 6:16pm On Jan 05, 2014
Na today, the wahala neva start
Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 05, 2014
Demdem: Friction like this is not unexpected however I trust Ojuyobos sagacity to pull it through successfully.
They will win eventually.
But what do you have to say about the statement made by Dele Belgore? Is Bukola Saraki a "stigma" the Kwara people should get rid of? Is he a progressive?
Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by Demdem(m): 6:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
Sincere 9gerian:
But what do you have to say about the statement made by Dele Belgore? Is Bukola Saraki a "stigma" the Kwara people should get rid of? Is he a progressive?

I leave that to kwara people to decide on Belgores opinion. Saraki empire is so entrenched in kwara and the people seems to be enjoying them.
IMO, am just sceptical and that explains why I will keep watching developments.
What's ur definition of progressives?
Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by HowFar: 6:34pm On Jan 05, 2014
Demdem:

I leave that to kwara people to decide on Belgores opinion. Saraki empire is so entrenched in kwara and the people seems to be enjoying them.
IMO, am just sceptical and that explains why I will keep watching developments.
What's ur definition of progressives?

Bros is not looking good for apc. Imagine when Buhari is denied he's lifelong ambition? Shekaru and Kwakanso etc.
There's trouble ahead big trouble ahead.
Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by funshint(m): 6:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
All these are just teething problems which are normal in any political party at their infancy stage like APC. With Jagaban everything will be sorted out and stabilized as time goes on. I tell you!
Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by Demdem(m): 6:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
How Far?:

Bros is not looking good for apc. Imagine when Buhari is denied he's lifelong ambition? Shekaru and Kwakanso etc.
There's trouble ahead big trouble ahead.

It has never looked good for APC from the beginning. U lot didn't give them a chance.
U all earlier said Tinubu and Buhari can never work together, they prove u wrong.
Again u said, in months after coming together they will scatter, they have proved u wrong.
Next u said regional parties they are, they have proved u wrong again and have become the fastest growing party in the country today threating the core fabrics in Aso rock currently. It seems to me now that Pdp is even becoming a se/ss party.
Continue to hate them while they continue to grow silently.

5 Likes

Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by Kairoseki77: 6:43pm On Jan 05, 2014
Demdem:

It has never looked good for APC from the beginning. U lot didn't give them a chance.
U all earlier said Tinubu and Buhari can never work together, they prove u wrong.
Again u said, in months after coming together they will scatter, they have proved u wrong.
Next u said regional parties they are, they have proved u wrong again and have become the fastest growing party in the country today threating the core fabrics in Aso rock currently. It seems to me now that Pdp is even becoming a se/ss party.
Continue to hate them while they continue to grow silently.

APC WILL NEVER BE REGISTERED!

1 Like

Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by validplanet: 6:43pm On Jan 05, 2014
this thread will never make front page. it is anti APC.

2 Likes

Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 05, 2014
Well, as 4 me, I was tinkin of votin APC in Kwara but since the leech(Bukola) has ported to APC; Then I hv 2 vote PDP in 2015.

4 Likes

Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by Demdem(m): 6:52pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kairoseki77:

APC WILL NEVER BE REGISTERED!

its so funny u know and yet these lot have refused to cover their faces in shame.

1 Like

Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by jmaine: 7:34pm On Jan 05, 2014
More are expected . . . . grin

1 Like

Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 05, 2014
jmaine: More are expected . . . . grin

Yes ...more are expected. The chances of PDP going further into the cliff and finally titling over is far more than APC imploding in Kwara or any other part of Nigeria...such is only in the imaginations and wishes of the PDP.
Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by emirofcalabar(m): 7:53pm On Jan 05, 2014
Well as for mr afolayan am not disapointed in u cos u re wokin for your pay. Talkin of knowin places am sure Dele knos Ilorin quite well to rule. And talking of Bukola, wen did he started goin to ilorin? Was it nt wen he was made a manager of d defunct Societe generale bank as a corper? I fink both shud be ask to write jos 3sentences in yoruba nd see who wins. Dele has bin arnd hia in 9ija un lyk d spoilt guy dah lived all his life abroad. Bukola ke, tanmokolo re nilorin
Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by jmaine: 8:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
ilugunboy:

Yes ...more are expected. The chances of PDP going further into the cliff and finally titling over is far more than APC imploding in Kwara or any other part of Nigeria...such is only in the imaginations and wishes of the PDP.

You(APC) are like the unclad man who was so fixated while bending down to make jest of another man exposed ass, while forgeting his was also exposed at the back with a crowd of people poking fun at the view he was rendering behind. grin grin

Keep focusing at the PDP while the storm is brewing at the APC, the entropy in the APC is zooming towards chaos before they even stabilized . . .

3 Likes

Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 05, 2014
jmaine:

You(APC) are like the unclad man who was so fixated while bending down to make jest of another man exposed ass, while forgeting his was also exposed at the back with a crowd of people poking fun at the view he was rendering behind. grin grin

Keep focusing at the PDP while the storm is brewing at the APC, the entropy in the APC is zooming towards chaos before they even stabilized . . .

You don't need rocket science to conclude on the party that the contending forces are diametrical in aspirations.....a party that it members are pulling in different directions.

Keep feigning that all is well in PDP.
Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by jmaine: 8:19pm On Jan 05, 2014
ilugunboy:

You don't need rocket science to conclude on the party that the contending forces are diametrical in aspirations.....a party that it members are pulling in different directions.

Keep feigning that all is well in PDP.

The PDP is at the Zenith of their issues and they are paddling well no matter how rough it looks. The PDP has always shown capability in having such disputes settled before the next big polls.

But it is even worse for a young and promising party to allow the rancour in the PDP upset the very foundation on which their party was founded. While you fixate on the PDP, something worse is brewing in your infant party that is capable of derailing her course severely.

Someone is already threatening that it is "Buhari" or the APC disintegrates . . . . grin

2 Likes

Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 05, 2014
jmaine:

The PDP is at the Zenith of their issues and they are paddling well no matter how rough it looks. The PDP is also averse wit having such disputes settled before the next big polls.

But it is even worse for young and promising party to allow the rancour in the PDP upset the very foundation on which their party was founded. While you fixate on the PDP, something worse is brewing in your infant party that is capable of derailing her course severely.

Someone is already threatening that it is "Buhari" or the APC disintegrates . . . . grin

Normally...internal wrangling is expected in a new party as people try to establish their territory and assert control....

But what would you call a party that has been in existence in the last 16 years and all of a sudden...highly influential members are calling it quit.

In a corporate organization....when there is such turnover of skilled manpower without adequate replacement....an auditor can actually qualify the report of such organization on going-concern basis.
Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by jmaine: 8:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
ilugunboy:

Normally...internal wrangling is expected in a new party as people try to establish their territory and assert control....

A new building with blatant and visible cracks is a sure sign of disaster. The APC having serious issues of harmony at this critical stage before they even started is a sign of serious disaster waiting to happen.

It is even made worse when folks who are selfish and self serving are involved.

ilugunboy:

But what would you call a party that has been in existence in the last 16 years and all of a sudden...highly influential members are calling it quit.

Highly influential members who in a blink can pack their kaya and belonging back to the party they left without moral hassles. As a party grows and becomes stronger, the internal competition becomes more severe and feisty. . . . .

ilugunboy:

In a corporate organization....when there is such turnover of skilled manpower without adequate replacement....an auditor can actually qualify the report of such organization on going-concern basis.

A good corporate organisation wont go sacrificing and investing their all in liabilities capable of breaking their ranks and destroying their strenght in unity.

That is exactly what the APC did in sacrificing their founding members to satisfy the liabilities defecting from the PDP . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by frodobee: 8:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
Internal wrangling that lead them out of PDP.
One thing I am sure is that all the candidates that will be presented by APC will be former PDP members.
Same people, old wine in new skin. Smh
Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
Demdem:

its so funny u know and yet these lot have refused to cover their faces in shame.
same here bro, I even thought belgore will decamp 2 pdp initially.
Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by naija2dabone(m): 9:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
a 'big' party is measured by electoral victories and not by the amount of decampees on the pages of newspaper.

Since registeration how many election has apc participated in? How many has it won?

Who next will apc be merging with after the assured defeat they are bond to suffer in 2015?

DemDem do you any idea?

2 Likes

Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by frankyychiji(f): 11:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
funshint: All these are just teething problems which are normal in any political party at their infancy stage like APC. With Jagaban everything will be sorted out and stabilized as time goes on. I tell you!
is Jagaban ur jesus christ on earth? grin
Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by frankyychiji(f): 11:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
If you ask me, this piece is not news worthy. Its only a non-nigerian that will see APC as a credible opposition party. They will not only implode but will do so before the end of the 6th month dis year. Yes they will come to d presidential elections but only as a limping dog. Shekarau and kwakwanso are at each others throat over party leadership in up north.
Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 06, 2014
olire: Well, as 4 me, I was tinkin of votin APC in Kwara but since the leech(Bukola) has ported to APC; Then I hv 2 vote PDP in 2015.

Many Kwarans share your opinion.

Kwarans have been trying to set themselves free from the Saraki bondage. They found an escape route in APC and Dele Belgore. Just when they were about climbing out of the tunnel in 2015 with Belgore and APC showing them the way, APC has increased their burden by saddling them with Saraki..again !

Saraki's decamping is goodluck to Kwara PDP
Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by FunnyPikincom(m): 1:28am On Jan 06, 2014
Im in Ilorin, Dele Belgore is considering porting to LP, Anyway, i will Vote for PDP in Gov and APC in Presidential election cool

There is no Diff between GEJ and Bukola Saraki
Re: Impending Implosion Of APC In Kwara by Nobody: 6:38am On Jan 06, 2014
utumunta:

Many Kwarans share your opinion.

Kwarans have been trying to set themselves free from the Saraki bondage. They found an escape route in APC and Dele Belgore. Just when they were about climbing out of the tunnel in 2015 with Belgore and APC showing them the way, APC has increased their burden by saddling them with Saraki..again !

Saraki's decamping is goodluck to Kwara PDP
I so dislikke DAT Saraki, I dnt think there is any sane person that will defend his personality.

(1) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why Jonathan Must Not Come Back In 2015 / Is It Possible For The Military To Take Over The Govt In Nigeria? / Unbiased Assessment of Failed Gov. Rochas Okorocha's Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.