Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,392 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke (14172 Views)

What Basketmouth Just Found In An Airplane / #jadapose - 16-year-old's molest Video Goes Viral On The Internet / Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by Fynestboi: 8:13pm On Jan 05, 2014

…May lose multi million naira deal

Ace comedian, Bright Okpocha, popularly known as Basketmouth came under fire as friends and followers on social media (facebook and twitter) attacked him over his ‘rape joke’ on Sunday.

Most followers felt the joke, he posted on his facebook account encourage rape and within a few hours it went viral, with some followers calling on telecommunication giant, Globacom limited to term

inate his deal as an ambassador with the company.

The controversial joke is about ‘white girls’ and ‘African girls’ date, with many arguing that the comedian encouraged rape at the 9thattempt.

He later apologized to his fans and assured them that he will never encourage any act of violence against the female folks.

The joke merchant has made name for himself in the comedy industry with international concerts platforms and anchored gigs that included the likes of Joe, Boyz II Men, Sean Paul, Wyclef Jean, Kool & The Gang, Akon, Dru Hill, Busta Rhymes, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Fat Joe, Snoop Dogg, Ciara, Chris Brown and many more.

source: Vanguard vanguard

1 Like

Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by Rexphobia(m): 8:17pm On Jan 05, 2014
Under serious fire
Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by Fynestboi: 8:20pm On Jan 05, 2014
Rexphobia: Under serious fire
over serious one.
Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by KELVINXY: 8:28pm On Jan 05, 2014
Africans and their biased mentality.. undecided
there is no need to be sentimental about a joke from a renown joker..angry

Dis joke is hilarious in my view

19 Likes

Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by MsSantaClaus(f): 9:50pm On Jan 05, 2014
KELVIN-XY:
Africans and their biased mentality.. undecided
there is no need to be sentimental about a joke from a renown joker..angry

Dis joke is hilarious in my view

Really? Have you ever been raped? Or anyone you know? What is hilarious about it?? Have you asked your mother, sisters, female cousins or lady friends if it's funny? Or maybe anyone who may have been raped? Can you ask them then get back to us and tell us how funny they think it is?? Untill you do that and collect the data, do not tell anyone who is not finding it funny, how sentimental they are being!

6 Likes

Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by ogmask: 10:12pm On Jan 05, 2014
Why shuld a lady drain a mans pocket when she is not ready for sex.
Truth is d joke is so on point. most 9ja girl will do things that will make the guy feel he is being used. How many men will she decieve bfor she pays for her deeds. Pple mature up pls.
Basket mouth may hav said a joke but obviously his joke is a wake up call to 9ja babes who look at men in d eyes and call them fools.

32 Likes

Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by ogmask: 10:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
@MsSanta.
Molestation is when u are taking advantage of and not when u delibrately compromise ur position thru dubious and greedy demands. Abi u neva hear say free lunce nor dey anywhere.
Abeg free ursef jare.

7 Likes

Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by KELVINXY: 10:39pm On Jan 05, 2014
MsSantaClaus:

Really? Have you ever been raped? Or anyone you know? What is hilarious about it?? Have you asked your mother, sisters, female cousins or lady friends if it's funny? Or maybe anyone who may have been raped? Can you ask them then get back to us and tell us how funny they think it is?? Untill you do that and collect the data, do not tell anyone who is not finding it funny, how sentimental they are being!

Seriously.?
Stop being too sentimental

If u knw basketmouth well enough then you should know that he is alway blunt in his field (that's 1 thing I lyk about him).
And I can't find anything substantial enough to ignite such an inconsiderable outburst of critics.

Come to think of it,
It's these same people that always buy tickets to go for his uncensored concerts,
now tell me who is fooling who.?!

If you are a lady and you think what Bright said is wrong,then you should consider not treating men like scums..
Jokes or rather jokers feeds on the ills of the societies.

Ps:If u're a victim don't find who to unleash your rage on,
seek for help..
Rehabs are always open

#peace

34 Likes

Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by tintingz(m): 6:17am On Jan 06, 2014
Basketmouth maybe wrong about the molest joke but he said the truth, this is what is really happening in Nigeria(as we read them in news) about girls going out with boys for money and boys molesting girls after the spending. I think it is a wake up call to our youths but people misunderstood his joke like he said.

1 Like

Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by joromi: 6:22am On Jan 06, 2014
Seun, o ga fun e o...

This same topic is few topics below this one na...

*mukina's absence is thoroughly felt*
Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by manny4life(m): 6:27am On Jan 06, 2014
His a joker and always a joker, his name is "BASKET" Mouth meaning, his lips have no control because he jokes a lot...I won't hound on him too much but this is joke gone too far although I don't think he encouraged rape...Geez, Nigerians need to relax, he issues an apology and learned from his mistakes. All judgmental people need to fall back and take a seat.

1 Like

Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by Nobody: 6:32am On Jan 06, 2014
i am actually the person dat invented dat joke so insult me instead
of basket mouth if a junior comedian like me makes this joke i will
have been popular ...
the girls calling for basket mouth head are actually ashawos that
basket mouth is spoiling their bizness and guys that want to
please their online girlfriend

1 Like

Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by Nobody: 6:34am On Jan 06, 2014
Na rape victims dey take it seriously.
The joke was actually funny to me.
Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by mitey(m): 6:35am On Jan 06, 2014
This is bullshi.t! angry angry

All because the OP is a Mod, he created his own topic and put it on FP when someone else has already shared the same topic yesterday (https://www.nairaland.com/1581583/basketmouth-under-fire-molest-joke).

@OP, you better do the needful. Or you can Go and Die undecided

3 Likes

Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by emmabest2000(m): 6:35am On Jan 06, 2014
Rexphobia: Under serious fire
nawaaoo water don pass garri grin
Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by Saraben(f): 6:38am On Jan 06, 2014
he was seriously apologising. he doesn't want ppl to hate him

1 Like

Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by kelahns: 6:38am On Jan 06, 2014
Methink.....the joke was misunderstood,atimes when you say sumtin,it could connote different meanings to different people....its him alone that knows the intention of the joke..
Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by Xaviers(m): 6:38am On Jan 06, 2014
Ehmmmm! This is an old joke naa..
Or is everyone just seeing this joke now.
Too bad its falling on him! But we shouldn't forget he is just a JOKER MAN!! All y'all haters waiting to see a man downfall should Back down! smiley
Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by Tbillz(m): 6:39am On Jan 06, 2014
The truth is alwys a bitter bills for nigerians 2 swallow. U'all giving subjective views about Mr basket thinks U will run him down by making him trend on this? Nope U jus fueling his popularity fire. Glo wouldn't be daft enuff 2 rip him off his position as an ambassador # 2cap it all after all una twitter trend about tha senetor who is trying 2 make molestation official, was he removed or impeached?

3 Likes

Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by antifat(m): 6:39am On Jan 06, 2014
Elenu apere(Baskekmouth) u too much boss....lol
Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by johnstar(m): 6:39am On Jan 06, 2014
grin
Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by mioracle: 6:39am On Jan 06, 2014
This was meant to be a joke, and a joke it should be.
I ain't surprised at all, the truth is always bitter.

Mind you, this is a common joke in Nigeria. They're criticising the guy possibly because of envy. Everybody knows the joke.

1 Like

Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by homesteady(m): 6:44am On Jan 06, 2014
Is this stuff not on frontpage
Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by slimdiggi: 6:46am On Jan 06, 2014
Its a Joke people!!! undecided
Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by jude33084(m): 6:47am On Jan 06, 2014
You chop guys doe and you no wan open? D end is inevitable my dear and besides its a joke. You guys call Obj ape all d time bt he has nt sued any one for it
MsSantaClaus:

2 Likes

Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by sanandreas(m): 6:49am On Jan 06, 2014
Nigerians and their mentality. Must every grievance be on twitter? Why dnt we go on rampage on twitter for our corrupt leaders. if the female folks feel hurt, plz go and work for your money. No freebies this year.

2 Likes

Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by zangiff(m): 6:49am On Jan 06, 2014
Naija guys sha
Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by Diction10nairal: 6:50am On Jan 06, 2014
BRIGHT! BRIGHT!! BRIGHT!!!
How many times i call u?

KEEP THE GOOD WORK GOING.

3 Likes

Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by mentorseries(m): 6:51am On Jan 06, 2014
i dont knw y ppl are taking this serious. a joke is a joke

1 Like

Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by crackthinker: 6:53am On Jan 06, 2014
MsSantaClaus:

Do you really understand what a joke is? There are jokes about accidents, tall people, short people, dwarfs, hunchbacks, pregnant women, stammering, HIV/aids, cancer,drunkenness, etc.
Is there anything funny about them? If all these people come out complaining will there be jokes? The joke was more about the overly demanding nature of Nigerian girls and not about rape! angry it was not just a joke but a joke from a joker! You were suppose either laugh about the absurdity or ignore it!

9 Likes

Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by gentjon2000: 6:54am On Jan 06, 2014
that joke is very educative,it is full of lesson for men.cheesy

1 Like

Re: No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke by goldplated(m): 6:56am On Jan 06, 2014
ITS ONLY THE MOST SINFUL MINDED OF ALL PEOPLE WILL CALL THIS A JOKE.

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Pics: Miss Nigeria Adaeze Igwe @ Miss World 2008 / Leo Babarinde Dasilva: Kizz Daniel Is Better Than Reekado Banks / The Secret Behind The Wealth Of E Money – From Ajegunle To Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.