Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,249 members, 7,829,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

First Bank Wrongful Account Lien - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / First Bank Wrongful Account Lien (2655 Views)

GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 / I Want To Sell My First Bank Shares / First Bank To Declare 1 For 1 Interim Bonus Share- Hold On To Your Fbn Shares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Wrongful Account Lien by Nobody: 4:44am On Jan 06, 2014
It has become highly embarassing the way my account is being handled.I had complained repeatedly in the past about the failure of my mastercard not working.Some months ago I got the mastercard@their chevron branch, after filling all the forms and activation, I tried some purchases and all the transactions were rejected without,I complained to the customer lady of the branch and she never gave a satisfactory answer.

Out of frustration I got another one from another bank which I have been using and I never used the firstbank mastercard for online purchases apart frm ATM withdrawals.Recently while abroad I found out my account had been liened of some amount and upon enquiry I was told it was a mastercard purchase I had done that hadn't hit my account.No where in the world would you purchase something online and it would take months to debit you.moreover d customer care lady said the card had to be re issued that there is a transaction error.

Moreover, I had sent numerous mails to their service centre without results.

Mods pls help me push my complaint,even the mails sent to their centre is undeliverable
Re: First Bank Wrongful Account Lien by bigtt76(f): 6:22am On Jan 06, 2014
Complain directly to the card services of the bank. All those customer care people are just not it. Usually the would require that you send them proof of failed transaction from the merchant stating the reason for decline. It is only after that your fund woukd be released back to your account.

Did you at the time of transaction failure noticed your funds deducted immediately but still rejected by merchant? If yes then email the merchant complaining also. In the case where this did not occur after the transaction failed but much much later, you probably shopped at some dubious site becos as you rightly mentioned, no site in the world would bill a customer months after transaction.
Re: First Bank Wrongful Account Lien by Gboliwe: 6:36am On Jan 06, 2014
Forget Firstbank! I think they have had enough customers so the best way to tell us (customers) is to frustrate us so we can leave. Their customer service is the worst i've seen in the banking sector in recent times.
Re: First Bank Wrongful Account Lien by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 24, 2017
fonzie2u:
It has become highly embarassing the way my account is being handled.I had complained repeatedly in the past about the failure of my mastercard not working.Some months ago I got the mastercard@their chevron branch, after filling all the forms and activation, I tried some purchases and all the transactions were rejected without,I complained to the customer lady of the branch and she never gave a satisfactory answer.

Out of frustration I got another one from another bank which I have been using and I never used the firstbank mastercard for online purchases apart frm ATM withdrawals.Recently while abroad I found out my account had been liened of some amount and upon enquiry I was told it was a mastercard purchase I had done that hadn't hit my account.No where in the world would you purchase something online and it would take months to debit you.moreover d customer care lady said the card had to be re issued that there is a transaction error.

Moreover, I had sent numerous mails to their service centre without results.

Mods pls help me push my complaint,even the mails sent to their centre is undeliverable

Bro, Good day i need to know if they fixed this for you. what were the steps you took?
i am currently having similar issue. i was debited for transactions i carried out weeks and months ago.

thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Strictly For Soccer Betting / Want To Buy TBC? / Banks With Lowest Interest Rates On Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.