Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers (19592 Views)

Man Brings Rifle To Market In Akure Under The Influence Of Hard Drugs (Photos) / Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter / Five Policemen Detained For Killing & Burying A Cyclist In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by MrAboki: 12:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
all4naija: What is trash about that? But Nigerian police has failed to exhibit trust. You are the one talking trash,dude!

Dude..

Suggesting the outright taking away of guns from the Police is outrightly ridiculous.. You might as well abolish them because they become just as powerful as Traffic wardens..

Incase you have forgotten, the fight not against just flesh & blood, but also sofisticated weapons and daredevil men of the underworld with little to nothing to lose.

How do you kill a Man armed with a GPMG with a baton?! grin
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by dokunbam(m): 12:25pm On Jan 06, 2014
They can never change

Even if we organise join hand pray for them it will not work

Police, police police
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 06, 2014
Mr Aboki:

Dude..

Suggesting the outright taking away of guns from the Police is outrightly ridiculous.. You might as well abolish them because they become just as powerful as Traffic wardens..

Incase you have forgotten, the fight not against just flesh & blood, but also sofisticated weapons and daredevil men of the underworld with little to nothing to lose.

How do you kill a Man armed with a GPMG with a baton?! grin
Killing a man is not the issue now.The issue is to make them know we cannot take these sh*ts any more. The man armed with a GPMG is possibly armed by the same police.I don't really get it.It might be true huge percentage of criminals with guns get them from the police.Who knows?
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 06, 2014
Mr Aboki:

You mean like the baton in this London Metropolitan Police officers hands?! grin

Are you sure you have been to London in the Uinted Kingdom, or are you talking about Osapa London in Lekki Lagos.. grin

iKid, iKid.. grin
That is possibly on alert!
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 06, 2014
Routine London Metropolitan police image below. They are very civilized though.
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Afroconnect: 12:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
Good work by the commissioner.
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Rexnegro(m): 12:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
Sometime I be like oh God why u born me put for naija...hardly u come online and read good tin abt dis yeye country. God pls intervene pls.

1 Like

Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Dbryan: 1:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
Oh naija my country,may God help us o
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Enoquin(f): 1:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
Deal sternly with ill-gotten wealth from the ones at the top. Then the ones on the lower rung will have no excuse to engage in illegality.

There should be pride and dignity in even the lowest of labours and if a man is dissatisfied with his lot, he works harder and not necessarily through the wrong route. So, let the scape goats start from the top.

Everyone looks up, rarely do people look down, that is why whatever happens at the top reverberates faster though not in all cases. If not, we'll continue to scream ourselves hoarse.

Not condoning these crimipolicemen

1 Like

Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Kevsman(m): 1:58pm On Jan 06, 2014
ajibolabd: dancin azonto, first page tinz.
i hear you
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by kalunomics(m): 2:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
why won't they give us names? They've been doing it, why this exception?
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by ofala(m): 2:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
Some events in Nigeria are quite disturbing BUT this isn't the time for name-calling or the likes. What we all need now as a Nationa is detailed mass re-orientation that will be inculcated in the school curriculum. We need a National rebirth because it is becoming clear that many minds had been poisoned
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 06, 2014
ofala: Some events in Nigeria are quite disturbing BUT this isn't the time for name-calling or the likes. What we all need now as a Nationa is detailed mass re-orientation that will be inculcated in the school curriculum. We need a National rebirth because it is becoming clear that many minds had been poisoned

Ofala,this your English get level o.
BTW,I support you.
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by MrAboki: 3:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
lynpetra:

Ofala,this your English get level o.
BTW,I support you.

Mass Reorientation has been tried and it failed.. Do you remember the Aknuyili "Rebrand Nigeria Project?

The only thing that has worked was the "War Against Indiscipline" and it was only successful for a hort period and never lasted beyond the Government that instituted it because it was done by the use of force and not by teaching the people to live that way..
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 06, 2014
Mr Aboki:

Mass Reorientation has been tried and it failed.. Do you remember the Aknuyili "Rebrand Nigeria Project?

The only thing that has worked was the "War Against Indiscipline" and it was only successful for a hort period and never lasted beyond the Government that instituted it because it was done by the use of force and not by teaching the people to live that way..

You are very correct.If I am left with an opinion on this stand,i'd say that Nigeria needs to go back to military rule.My Opinion.An average Nigerian is lawless!!!Again,I ask the question,who is to be blamed??

1 Like

Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by MrAboki: 3:58pm On Jan 06, 2014
lynpetra:

You are very correct.If I am left with an opinion on this stand,i'd say that Nigeria needs to go back to military rule.My Opinion.An average Nigerian is lawless!!!Again,I ask the question,who is to be blamed??

We all..

1 Like

Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Successfigure: 4:41pm On Jan 06, 2014
Imagine people mobilize to curb crime and volence now supply criminals with guns.
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by GentleFrank(m): 4:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
Good !
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by meforyou1(m): 5:47pm On Jan 06, 2014
Mr Aboki:

You mean like the baton in this London Metropolitan Police officers hands?! grin

Are you sure you have been to London in the Uinted Kingdom, or are you talking about Osapa London in Lekki Lagos.. grin

iKid, iKid.. grin
metropolitan police London on routine duties dont bear arms. This must be a member of their elite forces
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by logica(m): 5:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
lynpetra:
i'd say that Nigeria needs to go back to military rule.My Opinion.An average Nigerian is lawless!!!Again,I ask the question,who is to be blamed??
I have no doubt you are a teenager; otherwise you would know the lawlessness was promoted by military rule. Therefore you should know who to blame.

1 Like

Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by michkenokey(m): 6:14pm On Jan 06, 2014
The NPF is flooded with inept, corrupt & ill-equipped officers whose stock in trade is extortion of money from innocent, law abiding & already pauperized Nigerians. When recruitment into the force don't follow any known due process but who knows who, what do you expect? Five of the officers caught should be dismissed and subsequently charged to court to serve as a deterrent to others.
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 06, 2014
logica: I have no doubt you are a teenager; otherwise you would know the lawlessness was promoted by military rule. Therefore you should know who to blame.

Yea.....it was promoted by the military,during the military regimes a civilian has the right to burn another civilian alive in broad day light.
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by logica(m): 10:05pm On Jan 06, 2014
lynpetra:

Yea.....it was promoted by the military,during the military regimes a civilian has the right to burn another civilian alive in broad day light.
Your silly sarcasm fails. Yes, during the military regime there were incidents of lynching; so the regime had nothing to do with it. I don't even know the point you are trying to make here. All I can conclude is, you are either a "barracks girl" hoping for a return to the "good times" or your lovers are military men.

1 Like

Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 06, 2014
logica: Your silly sarcasm fails. Yes, during the military regime there were incidents of lynching; so the regime had nothing to do with it. I don't even know the point you are trying to make here. All I can conclude is, you are either a "barracks girl" hoping for a return to the "good times" or your lovers are military men.

Am done here!!!
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by MrAboki: 10:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
me_for_you: metropolitan police London on routine duties dont bear arms. This must be a member of their elite forces

NOT all officers inn the Nigerian Police carry arms.
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by nagoma(m): 11:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
Exodus#2k:
The CP should dismiss them from police for aiding and albeting crime, as they may be also the fleeing suspects and charge them to court immediately to serve as example to others of the follow criminals in uniform

Dismissal is not a punishment for criminals. They should go to prison. Of course you cannot go back to your job as a policeman after years in jail. ( except if Jona chooses to pardon you).
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by nagoma(m): 11:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
Ayomax: OWERRI —
Vanguard investigations revealed that the four policemen were posted to the residence of a retired CP (names withheld), while Katsina has since reported the incident to the Inspector General of Police.
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/5-policemen-detained-renting-rifle-kidnappers/

You can withhold the names if you like but we all know that the Gallant CP would be Katsina and there is no price for guessing who the criminal police would be. Just divide the damn country and let the genetic criminals go.
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by KayDee4: 4:01am On Jan 07, 2014
Who no know say Naija police na uniformed criminals.

They kidnap, they aid and abet robbers, they extort, obtain, harass . . . . . ; the police is your friend indeed.

The most unprofessional set of law enforcement I've seen in my entire life.
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by bracooloye(m): 6:56am On Jan 07, 2014
The CP has no legitimate right to dismiss them he can only make sure they are apprehended,prosecuted and those found guilty should be incarcerated
Re: 5 Policemen Detained For Renting Rifle To Kidnappers by Ukeme100: 6:58am On Jan 07, 2014
if u dismissed them,that will be the worst.cus they will becomes the mouth pist of kidnappers..na insid rat da tell outside rat say food dai.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Teenager Remanded For Raping Neighbour's 5-Yr-Old Daughter On Election Day / Wraps Of Cocaine Found Inside Body Cream In Edo (video) / EFCC Takes Custody of Vessel, 13 Suspected Oil Thieves (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.