Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,620 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

2013 Glo-CAF Awards - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2013 Glo-CAF Awards (87675 Views)

Live Updates 9 Jan: Winners At The 2013 Glo CAF Awards!!! / Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet / Mikel, Moses & Utaka Nominated For CAF Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Superstar007(m): 8:40am On Jan 09, 2014
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by donfix(m): 8:40am On Jan 09, 2014
Dats mikels award o caf no jok
e
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 09, 2014
Mikel Obi All Dah Way hit like if you think he will win It

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by damosky12(m): 8:43am On Jan 09, 2014
Mikel winning the award is a very major lift and push to the man's career. He is on the way to becomming an Icon. But, it seems the standard of African Individual football players has gone very low; some years ago, an Icon of the class of Jay Jay Okocha couldnt win the award. Now, a mere star like Mikel hoping to win it. Some years ago, Mikel couldnt even dream of being nominated for BBC. Hmm.. I just hope his winning it would'nt be a dissapointment to foreign African football observers.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Okijajuju1(m): 8:43am On Jan 09, 2014
Havilah93: NOMINEES FOR OTHER CATEGORIES

National team of the Year

Burkina Faso

Ethiopia

Nigeria National Team - No Contest.. Burkina Faso however deserves a commendation as they really put in work. SHout out to Bance.

Club of The Year

Al Ahly

CS Sfaxien

Orlando Pirates

CAF Fair Play Award

Nigerian Supporters

Coach Of The Year

Manu Garba

Stephen Keshi - Although Manu Garba deserves a worthy mention for feilding Nigerias First truly U-17's and winning the cup with them..

Paul Put

Most Promising Talent

Ebenezer Assifuah

Saleh Gomaa

Kelechi Iheanacho - No contest.

Alexis Yougouda

Referee Of The Year

Alioum Neant

Haimoudi Djamel

Papa Gassama

CAF Legend

Bruno Metsu - Very obvious winner..

Mehdi Faria

Youth National Team Of The Year

Nigeria U-17
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by victorazy(m): 8:44am On Jan 09, 2014
Rooney: Sir Alex, na u b d architect of our failure dis year o! Sir Alex: what!!!!! Skooles: mmmm? Giggs: Abeg cold dey catch me.

Man-U fans are like:
We'r sinking faster dan the Titanic ship and we'r afraid we can meet crude oil in the ground or meet our fada d red davil

1 Like

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Okijajuju1(m): 8:44am On Jan 09, 2014
Havilah93: The 2013 Glo – CAF Awards

The Gala event will be held in Lagos, Nigeria on the 9th of January 2014.
The event has since been held in five cities; the 2005 edition was held in Abuja (Nigeria), 2006 in Accra (Ghana), 2007-Lome (Togo), 2008-Lagos (Nigeria), 2009-Accra (Ghana), 2010 in Cairo (Egypt) and the last two editions in Accra Ghana.

Joho Obi Mikel (Nigeria), Yaya Toure and Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast) are the final nominees for the African Footballer of the year award.

Ivorian midfielder Yaya Toure is the current African Player of the Year having won the last two editions while the 2013 African Player of the Year – Based in Africa winner is Mohamed Aboutreka of Egypt.

Award Categories

African Player of the Year - Yaya Toure

African Player of the Year - Based in Africa

National Team of the Year - [b]Super Eagles of Nigeria.

Women’s National Team of the Year

Club of the Year

CAF Fair Play Award

Coach of the Year

Most Promising talent

Women’s Footballer of the Year

Referee of the Year

CAF Legend

Africa Fines XI

CAF Platinum Award

www.cafonline.com/caf/awards/awards-news/418-caf-announces-2013-awards-date-and-venue.html
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by morhsuud22(m): 8:46am On Jan 09, 2014
We get boko haram.....
Whizkeey: and if dey fall naija hand nko?
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by colossus2: 8:47am On Jan 09, 2014
Whoever wins between Yaya and Mikel deserves it.
But I fancy a Yaya win.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Otses(f): 8:49am On Jan 09, 2014
Waiting patiently for tonight.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by gidzbobby: 8:52am On Jan 09, 2014
9ja don pack almost all the awards go house na... Abi how una see am ?

1 Like

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 09, 2014
grin
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by tallfish145(m): 8:55am On Jan 09, 2014
Yaya toure deserved it more than obi

1 Like

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Afrok(m): 8:56am On Jan 09, 2014
Shebi d award is Gala night, I'll be there bcoz of d Gala nd I've already ordered for my zobo. No time to dull, "Gala my G" tongue.
I wish all d Nigeria nominees all d best, I hope d award will be fair nd default of any questions concerning d winners. God Bless Nigeria, God Bless Africa. Go team Nigeria for Gala is (I mean we ar) behind u wink.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Samfigo1(m): 8:57am On Jan 09, 2014
I dey fear o! Wat If Mikel did nt win?? No Nigerian player wil smell dat position in d next 10yrs if Mikel did nt win...
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by IKON360(m): 8:58am On Jan 09, 2014
Mikel lets go dere, bt if na Toure, I no go vex...
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Elsafema: 8:59am On Jan 09, 2014
Drogba will have it
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Elnino4ladies: 9:03am On Jan 09, 2014
Mikel wil surely win d award..i'm veri optimistics about dt...
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by musty001: 9:05am On Jan 09, 2014
victorazy: Rooney: Sir Alex, na u b d architect of our failure dis year o! Sir Alex: what!!!!! Skooles: mmmm? Giggs: Abeg cold dey catch me.

Man-U fans are like:
We'r sinking faster dan the Titanic ship and we'r afraid we can meet crude oil in the ground or meet our fada d red davil
lwkmd....up gunners
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by colossus2: 9:06am On Jan 09, 2014
Elsafema: Drogba will have it
Luv ur sense of humour grin

1 Like

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by OlamideOkadigbo(m): 9:07am On Jan 09, 2014
This year's player of the year is a close call btw Mikel and Yaya. It would even have been tougher if Enyeama was d 3rd contender. I think Drogba does not deserve to be in dat final list (that's a discussion for another day). Hmmm! We are looking at Mikel who finally came of age in 2013, inspired the super eagles to d Afcon trophy, was instrumental in qualifying dem for d world cup and he played well at d confedeartion's cup (how can i forget d beautiful goal he scored against Uruguay?). He even bossed d midfield in d confenderations cup against almighty spain with d likes of Xavi, Iniesta and Sergio Busquet on parade. On the other side, Yaya Toure keeps churning out spectacular performance for Mancity week-in, week-out. One of d best midfielders in d BPL by some miles. If not for VanPersie's special form last season, he would av fired city to d title last season. He has started dis season on d same note, tearing defences apart and scoring goals at will (as an Arsenal fan, I can testify to this).
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by safarigirl(f): 9:07am On Jan 09, 2014
Team Mikel until Naija win World Cup.

Keep calm and watch Mikel win CAF APOTY

He scores when he wants #Captain, leader, Champion.

Naija no dey carry last for house, na we dey clear all the awards
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Chilug(m): 9:09am On Jan 09, 2014
[quote author=Havilah93]

grin grin

[/quote
grin grin grin
Urs is not so white
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Ilox: 9:10am On Jan 09, 2014
Y didnt u giv us the Nominees for Africa player of the year, Africa player of the year base in Africa & women team of the yea.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by buskie13(m): 9:11am On Jan 09, 2014
Pat eniya: How wish it was portharcourt, i would ve love to attend
yeah,tryna tell us you live in portharcourt...its all good.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by OlamideOkadigbo(m): 9:12am On Jan 09, 2014
However, both of dem av their deficiencies too. Mikel was not really been important for Chelsea in 2013. He rarely featured for Rafael Benitez earlier in d year, he has not been a regular under Mourinho too. Yaya Toure was also very poor for his country in 2013 Afcon. He was part of a largely disappointing Ivorian side. Hmm! Too close to call. I am a patriotic Nigerian and I would love Mikel to win but I wont hold anything against Caf if Yaya wins it cos dey both desrve it.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Swiftboy(m): 9:13am On Jan 09, 2014
Up Nigeria! Up Super Eagles! Up Chelsea! Up Blues! Up Mikel! #teamMIKEL grin
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Havilah93(m): 9:17am On Jan 09, 2014
Vicasa: Pls when is the time for the award and which channel will stream live.

Just checked SuperSport listings, and its stated as 9pm.

It will be on SS9

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by Kaxmytex(m): 9:17am On Jan 09, 2014
Havilah,d gala event itz gonna start at wot tym?
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by tkays(m): 9:18am On Jan 09, 2014
Is it true yaya and drogba won't be present?
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by OlamideOkadigbo(m): 9:19am On Jan 09, 2014
femi4: How come some of the categories dey unoppose. E.g Best youth team, Best supporters
i dont know why dat best youth team is unopposed but there is no best supporters category.....the award that d Nigeria Supporters' club will receive is the fair play award.
Re: 2013 Glo-CAF Awards by dotcomnamename: 9:30am On Jan 09, 2014
nerodenero: It will be injustice on the part of CAF if Mikel John Obi is refused the AFOY. While not trying to discredit Yaya's performance at club level but he wasn't able to replicate such form for his country while Mikel shone like a bright star at the last AFCON. The Chelsea man truly deserves the award.

On what ground did Mikel deserve to win it? On 2 or 3 goals he scored in his entire career at Chelsea? or Midfield creative?

Stop been bias and partial. Mikel did not deserve it than Yaya.

Yaya Toure deserves it than Mikel 100% guarantee and you knew it.

You're just been bias because Mikel is a Nigeria. Na this bias/partial dey kill Nigeria till today when someone that truly deserve a post, but u wont give to the post, una go go give Doctor post to mechanic. undecided

You heard it here first.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

Alex Ferguson's Last Chewed Gum As Manager Sold For 181.4 Million Naira: Photo / Zambia Vs Nigeria (AFCON 2013) (1 - 1) On 25th January 2013 / Lionel Messi's N10m A Night 'Le Royal' Hotel (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.