Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

An Easier And Faster Way Of Backing Up Mysql Database - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / An Easier And Faster Way Of Backing Up Mysql Database (778 Views)

Find What You Are Looking For Faster On Google / Backing Up Your Remote Mysql Database With Mysqldumper / How To Upload Mysql Database To Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Easier And Faster Way Of Backing Up Mysql Database by dorange(m): 8:56am On Jan 06, 2014
smiley First of all, there are many ways of backing up a Mysql database you can make use of phpmyadmin or use the mysql command line. But at times there are problems when trying to restore large databases.So in my recent study i found out an easier way of backing up all your mysql databases at a go.This is how
1) open where you installed mysql
2)click on mysql folder it opens up and takes you to another folder named mysql(version) then click on that folder u will see several subfolders lyk bin, data etc.
3) copy the data folder to another folder on your computer dats all about backing it up.
To Restore
If your mysql database crashes all you have to do is reinstall the mysql software or if it's in wamp server re-install wamp server..then look for the data folder under the mysql sub-directory folder delete it then copy and paste the one u copied to another folder while backing up......dats all you need to do and your database is completely restored.....if it's wamp server you will find the data folder here: wamp>bin>mysql>mysql(version)>data........ask me any question....if you need a tutorial on how to successfully install wamp server or you want to build a social website lyk Facebook just ask me.
Re: An Easier And Faster Way Of Backing Up Mysql Database by realugee: 9:01am On Jan 06, 2014
Nice one!
Re: An Easier And Faster Way Of Backing Up Mysql Database by Decibel: 9:52am On Jan 06, 2014
please Chinedu help me wit ur ball pen let me put this down in my lecture note.Biko be very fast about dat b4 the e-sweepers get ma back.tanks mr lecturer.
Re: An Easier And Faster Way Of Backing Up Mysql Database by dorange(m): 9:56am On Jan 06, 2014
Decibel: please Chinedu help me wit ur ball pen let me put this down in my lecture note.Biko be very fast about dat b4 the e-sweepers get ma back.tanks mr lecturer.

you welcome
Re: An Easier And Faster Way Of Backing Up Mysql Database by yawatide(f): 12:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
Interesting. Thanks for sharing, and happy new year
Re: An Easier And Faster Way Of Backing Up Mysql Database by onyengbu: 3:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
I thought you were to say something about mysql hosted on a remote server.
How do u access your mysql data folder in that case.
Re: An Easier And Faster Way Of Backing Up Mysql Database by dorange(m): 5:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
onye_ngbu*:
I thought you were to say something about mysql hosted on a remote server.
How do u access your mysql data folder in that case.

av nt thought of that only tested it locally but you should ask your hosting company where to find the mysql data folder but am sure it's located somewhere on your remote server cpanel ...will ask my hosting company and get back to you...thanks for the question
Re: An Easier And Faster Way Of Backing Up Mysql Database by onyengbu: 9:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
dorange:

av nt thought of that only tested it locally but you should ask your hosting company where to find the mysql data folder but am sure it's located somewhere on your remote server cpanel ...will ask my hosting company and get back to you...thanks for the question
no need asking them cos they wont show you especially if you are on shared hosting...
Re: An Easier And Faster Way Of Backing Up Mysql Database by dorange(m): 9:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
onye_ngbu*:

no need asking them cos they wont show you especially if you are on shared hosting...

yea they said i should use phpmyadmin on their cpanel...the method would work when you are still developing the site not when the site is hosted....if the site is hosted use the method advised by the hosting company.

(1) (Reply)

Website Design At Affordable Price / Function Of L&S (My Likes & Shares) / Who Can Give My Page 4,000 Likes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.