Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,784 members, 7,820,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. (4344 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Paralyses Lagos, Other Major Cities -PUNCH / States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. / Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by warlei(m): 12:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
Ogun state
Abeokuta
Ota
Sagamu
Ijebu-ode

I classify them as city
In terms of population
And recent infastructure upgrade to meet up

Ogun state is very populated
I never used the atm through out my stay in ota
Ques were in all banks
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by obayaya(m): 12:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
akwa ibom

uyo
Eket
Ikot Ekpene

maybe oron
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by Afam4eva(m): 12:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
warlei: Ogun state
Abeokuta
Ota
Sagamu
Ijebu-ode

I classify them as city
In terms of population
And recent infastructure upgrade to meet up

Ogun state is very populated
I never used the atm through out my stay in ota
Ques were in all banks
Lagos and Winners chapel have really helped Ota to grow. Ota imo is an extension of Lagos.
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 06, 2014
asha 80: is he talking about towns or cities by nigerian definition anyway?

There's no definite definition of a city anywhere in the world. One can only set a couple of parameter and decide which settlements meets them and designate them as cities.

For example, we can decide to say, any settlement with a population of over 20k is a city or a settlement with more than 5 secondary schools is a city. So, there's really no hard and fast rule on which settlements is a city or town.

If we set a particular set of rules right here and now, we can now start eliminating some cities to town and towns to villages.
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by warlei(m): 12:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
kel4soft: Rivers State

Port Harcourt
Omuku
Bonny
Bori
Elele
Abonema
Buguma
Opobo

Schooled in elele
A village in ogun is 3 time the population there
And i think theres only one bank there
#just saying bro
Correct if am wrong
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by warlei(m): 1:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
Afam4eva:
Lagos and Winners chapel have really helped Ota to grow. Ota imo is an extension of Lagos.
True
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by Afam4eva(m): 1:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
I guess any place with at least a bank, school, tarred roads, hospitals, electricity can be termed a city especially in Nigeria.
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by idumuose(m): 1:01pm On Jan 06, 2014
Afam4eva:
Isn't modakeke in Ife?
Modakeke is not in Ife any more than Amawbia is in Awka.
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by Afam4eva(m): 1:02pm On Jan 06, 2014
kel4soft:
Elele
is this Eleme or Elelewan?
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by asha80(m): 1:04pm On Jan 06, 2014
Afam4eva: I guess any place with at least a bank, school, tarred roads, hospitals, electricity can be termed a city especially in Nigeria.
django1:
There's no definite definition of a city anywhere in the world. One can only set a couple of parameter and decide which settlements meets them and designate them as cities.
For example, we can decide to say, any settlement with a population of over 20k is a city or a settlement with more than 5 secondary schools is a city. So, there's really no hard and fast rule on which settlements is a city or town.
If we set a particular set of rules right here and now, we can now start eliminating some cities to town and towns to villages.
Afam4eva: I guess any place with at least a bank, school, tarred roads, hospitals, electricity can be termed a city especially in Nigeria.
i think we should also throw in some level of economic activities.
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by idumuose(m): 1:05pm On Jan 06, 2014
warlei:

Schooled in elele
A village in ogun is 3 time the population there
And i think theres only one bank there
#just saying bro
Correct if am wrong
I laugh in okrika language.
Port harcourt is River state and River state is port harcourt.
There is no place that is fit to be called a town except port
Harcourt.
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by warlei(m): 1:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
asha 80: i think we should also throw in some level of economic activities.
Yep
Ota is more of commercial
Like the oshodi of ogunstate

Abeokuta is a little mix
State headquaters, average economic activities
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by IleIfe2(m): 1:11pm On Jan 06, 2014
Tolexander: very obvious you are from ile ogbo. Cos ile ogbo should have no place in that list.

OSUN STATE

Ife

Osogbo

Ilesha

Iwo is busy too but would have been better if Bowen students were allowed to integrate into the town. The economic benefit would have been felt better by the locals.
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by IleIfe2(m): 1:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
Afam4eva:
Isn't modakeke in Ife?
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by idumuose(m): 1:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
asha 80: is he talking about towns or cities by nigerian definition anyway?
No.I'm talking about towns and cities by Afghanistan definition.
I hope Ɣ☺u have taken your breakfast today.
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
Afam4eva:
The factories in Ota have been there for long. Could this position of yours that it got to this height because of its closeness to Lagos be a ploy to also term it "no man's land?" It won't work. Ota has factories like Purechem, Fermex Meyer, Sona, German Chemical, etc, that are as old as the ones in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
OP has an alterior motive.
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by IleIfe2(m): 1:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
Any town that host a University or Poly is a city in my opinion. Its just natural, once a school is there, other economic activities follow and you have a city. Its a 3rd world thing.

1 Like

Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by Gorrbachev: 1:20pm On Jan 06, 2014
Plateau

Jos
Bukuru
Mangu
Barkin Ladi
Tilde Fulani
Riyom
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by idumuose(m): 1:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
Orlando Owoh: OP has an alterior motive.
Ota is a town by all standard.
My motive?
Yes I have a motive.That the SW has more cities and towns more
than the other Zones is incontestible.
Ota,ifo,Abeokuta,Ijebu-ode,Sagamu,Ore,Ondo,akure,Ikare,Ogbomosho,
Oyo,ibadan,Ile-ife,Ilesha,osogbo,ede,ado ekiti,should I continue?
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by ProAnti: 1:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
Katsina

Funtua
Malumfashi
Daura
Katsina city
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by ProAnti: 1:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
Kogi

Lokoja
Okene
Idah
Kabba
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
Ile-Ife:
Any town that host a University or Poly is a city in my opinion. Its just natural, once a school is there, other economic activities follow and you have a city. Its a 3rd world thing.

Most likely true.
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by ProAnti: 1:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
Cross River

Calabar
Ikom
Ogoja
Ugep
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by idumuose(m): 1:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
Some people are so confined to their states that they don't know
Cities in other states.
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by ProAnti: 1:32pm On Jan 06, 2014
Edo

Benin city
Uromi
Auchi
Ekpoma
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by ProAnti: 1:36pm On Jan 06, 2014
idumuose: Some people are so confined to their states that they don't know
Cities in other states.

True! Very true!!

"A child thinks his father's farm is the biggest until he visits the farm of others", a very apt adage
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by cashkid18(m): 1:37pm On Jan 06, 2014
Afam4eva: Enugu state is more or less a one-city state but we have other developing towns as well.

So, ill say Enugu and Nsukka(college town)

Delta state along with Anambra, Imo, Ogun and of course Lagos probably have the highest number of cities/towns in a single state.
agbani shud be there

1 Like

Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by donphilopus: 1:41pm On Jan 06, 2014
Afam4eva:
Isn't modakeke in Ife?
Nope!
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by arkreality: 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
moscobabs: In Osun state:

Ileogbo

Iwo

Osogbo

Ife

Ilesha

all the above are complete villages.
Ede

Others are Villages
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:50pm On Jan 06, 2014
Ile-Ife:
This is not completely true. While it could be true with the host communities of government owned higher institutions, it is not so with those of privately owned. The economy of Ile-Ife has for the past six month been badly hit because of the ASUU strike which affected OAU. Commercial bus drivers (town igboro) were hit as there were no students staying outside the school coming or going out. This can not be said of privately owned universities that always provide accomodation for their students. Even at that, they, though not all, are fed by the schools. The economy of Ota won't feel the impact of Convenant University much whether or not the school is in session because the students hardly have contact with their host community. The town and gown philosophy here is in its low ebb.
Re: May We Know The Major Cities/town In Your State. by donphilopus: 1:50pm On Jan 06, 2014
Pro Anti: Edo

Benin city
Uromi
Auchi
Ekpoma
You took it from me!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The 664 Years Old First Storey Building In Nigeria / See Biafrans Trying To Burn My House PICS / Fulanis Herdsmen Marching Into Southern States With Sophisticated Weapons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.