Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? (2284 Views)

Is there any benefit of getting married to one's 1st love? / Please Inform Your Neighbor, Don't Allow Him To Commit That Succide. / Should You Inform Your Wife Before Inviting Your Relations To Stay Over? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by akindaves(m): 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2006
will you start dating or courting a girl without the knowledge of your pastors or will you inform them first?.
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:39pm On Jun 21, 2006
lol, whats dating got to do with Pastors?? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by jgirl3: 2:45pm On Jun 21, 2006
i will start dating a guy first, if things become serious - then we going to the pastor

Rhoda, it is for spiritual advice
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by aloib(f): 2:50pm On Jun 21, 2006
chai, this is crap o, wat crazy spiritual advise, na my pastor go marry her, thats crp men
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by jgirl3: 2:57pm On Jun 21, 2006
Some times it is good. I mean spiritual guidance matters cos God knows i ain't gonna marry a mistake for 40 years or more. Chai, that is worse - i will just regret my entire life
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by kolakels: 3:55pm On Jun 21, 2006
why? wen no be say na my pastor wan teach me the scope wen i go use!
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by mamaput(f): 6:54pm On Jun 21, 2006
I dont know pastor
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by retro(f): 7:06pm On Jun 21, 2006
Wtf? What has your pastor have to do with your date?
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by IAH(f): 7:52pm On Jun 21, 2006
I must inform my Pastor first. I must also inform my teachers at school, my grandmother, the king of my hometown and our gateman. Duhhhh Pastor ko, Stopper ni grin grin grin
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by mamaput(f): 9:18pm On Jun 21, 2006
IAH:

I must inform my Pastor first. I must also inform my teachers at school, my grandmother, the king of my hometown and our gateman. Duhhhh Pastor ko, Stopper ni grin grin grin

so you are one of those people that tell the gate man not to allow any girl to enter when you are with another girl EH . grin grin
Yes i think the Gate man must be the first to know.
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by IAH(f): 10:29pm On Jun 21, 2006
mamaput:

so you are one of those people that tell the gate man not to allow any girl to enter when you are with another girl EH . grin grin
Yes i think the Gate man must be the first to know.

Honestly, I don't understand what you are saying. I'm lost.
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by mamaput(f): 7:48am On Jun 22, 2006
Just think if you have two girlfriends and you are with one in the house, you do not want to get caught do you. So you have to tell the gate man not to let the other girl in if she comes.
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by mamaput(f): 7:50am On Jun 22, 2006
Just think if you have two girlfriends and you are with one in the house, you do not want to get caught do you. So you have to tell the gate man not to let the other girl in if she comes.

or on the other hand you tell the gate man to give the girl vip treatment when she comes.

But i was just kidding
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by akindaves(m): 9:03am On Jun 22, 2006
i think to some extent j-girl is right, we just have to let them know so the can give there spiritual advice before ur dating become serious. it's just to guide us from making mistakes.you understand
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by retro(f): 9:08am On Jun 22, 2006
akindaves:

i think to some extent j-girl is right, we just have to let them know so the can give there spiritual advice before your dating become serious. it's just to guide us from making mistakes.you understand
No.
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by omogenaija(f): 7:53pm On Jun 27, 2006
@ j-girl , i understand wat u have said and i agree with it. wink wink wink
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by jgirl3: 9:35pm On Jun 27, 2006
Thank you, omogenaija - you seem to be the only one that actually understands me
cheesy
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by Nosu(m): 11:36pm On Jul 04, 2006
l hv always tot u should start datin before tellin the pastor. but he told the church that the church doctrine is to see the pastor b4 the kick off of the relationship.l believe, this is just meant to avoid fornication in relationship before marriage and also recieve good counselling.
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by desiree(f): 1:14pm On Jul 05, 2006
It would be a good idea if you go to the same church, i guess undecided. BUT let the girl know of your intensions first.
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by aykay(m): 2:18am On Jul 07, 2006
Whoever u date has got nothing to do with your pastor. if u want spiritual guidance ask God yourself. Isnt that praying is about? u can access God directly and ask him woteva u want. No pastor has spiritual seniority over any other christain. wot if the pastor says he doesnt feel like your potential partner is the right one for u would let go just because pastor said?

1 Like

Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by akindaves(m): 12:08pm On Jul 07, 2006
aykay:

Whoever u date has got nothing to do with your pastor. if u want spiritual guidance ask God yourself. Isnt that praying is about? u can access God directly and ask him woteva u want. No pastor has spiritual seniority over any other christain. wot if the pastor says he doesnt feel like your potential partner is the right one for u would let go just because pastor said?

it's getting more confusing by the day. does it means our pastors can't advice us on this issue before going into it. what is even the attitude of our ladies to this issue. do they like a third party to know they are going out with a guy? am really disturbed about it. let us throw more light or advice into this topic.
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by dearzi(f): 2:35pm On Aug 10, 2006
If the relationship has a direction, you'd better tell those in authority over you. Sometimes, because love has closed our eyes, we don't see the pitfalls, but the elders/ those in authority over us can, cuz they're not the ones in love. Your pastor's also in authority over you, so i don't see why you won't! i did, and i would do it again if i have to.

The thing with telling your pastor is for proper counselling. God doesn't just match two Hot people, He matches destiny. Your pastor's not going to telling you whether God has matched this person to you or not, in some cases, yes--but not all. When you tell your pastor, as God's oracle he'd be able to tell you what to do, and how to go about the relationship in a manner that pleases God. He'll also be looking to see that you're not unequally yoking yourself! they are shepherds over their own flock!
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by Hotstepper(f): 7:07pm On Aug 10, 2006
pentcostals are good with dat, everyting is pastor 1st
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by mamaput(f): 9:15pm On Aug 10, 2006
Well if a man tells me we should meet his pastor, he will not even see my breaklights.

1 Like

Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by omogenaija(f): 9:55pm On Aug 10, 2006
mamaput:

Well if a man tells me we should meet his pastor, he will not even see my breaklights.

i dont understand, can u please explain ?

can i call u mom, u remind me of my mom kiss
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by dearzi(f): 10:42am On Aug 11, 2006
Well, if a guy tells me to go see his pastor, aah! that's a good sign, in my books! i'll get to the pastor's office before him sef! grin
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by akindaves(m): 10:58am On Aug 11, 2006
i commend you omogenaija, we just don't understand the important of it. information is very vital you know? they have the experience and also leading us through with God's own guidelines. we just have to let them know about it.
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by akindaves(m): 11:06am On Aug 11, 2006
dearzi, love that. keep the ball rolling. nice words there. i commend you too. wink cheesy
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by otokx(m): 1:47pm On Aug 11, 2006
some churches require that before you approach the babe you should contact the pastors to prevent you from "chancing" any incumbent if there is already one.
Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by sweetberry(f): 1:10am On Aug 12, 2006
y wud u wanna involve ur pastor wit ur social life. ask god instead yoself

1 Like

Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by dearzi(f): 12:04pm On Aug 12, 2006
Not to go into too many details. Before getting into my current relationship, i prayed about it. Yeah! i knew the guy, liked him and bla! but it's onething to like someone, and it's another for them to be right for you, so i took it to God, and yes, i got an answer that "the boy is mine," so i carried go. As things began to progress--meeting families and stuff, once the issue of the likelyhood of marriage started coming up, i knew it was time to tell my pastor my intentions. Not just because i wanted to get married or something, but because, i needed spiritual guidance. You think it's every time you pray that God will sit you down and counsel you? that's why men and women of God are there. ***Take advantage of it.

My pastor asked how i met the guy, how i came to the conclusion the guy's for me, if i prayed about it, what God said about it--questions you would ask your child. Being Christians, he asked the vital questions--is he born again? does he love God, and things along those lines. The reasons being that, as committed Christians, you don't want to marry a person that will hinder your relationship with God, you want someone you can build a home with, someone who you can help fulfil their purpose, and they yours! someone who together, you can labor with in God's vineyard. You want someone who you share common visions with. Family will not tell you that, cuz a lot of cases, they don't know! they will ask you if you love the person, what they do, do you have things in common, does he beat you? things along those lines, but the vital issues of purpose, they won't, but your pastor will.

Remember, we're all designed for a purpose, what good is it being with someone who can't help you get there, or who you can't help get to where they're going? It's like joining a horse and a cow together because you want them to plough a farm! yes, you want them to do the same job, but they're not suitable together to be able to pull that plough, hence you join two like animals to do the job!
In all honesty, how many marriages do you know are happy/ good? or without severe problem? i believe if a lot of people knew God is joining destinies and not just people who are "compatible" with each other, they'd be more purpose oriented when it comes to choosing a partner, and then we'd not be having the high rate of divorce we're seeing now. There'll be days you don't feel in love, but you stay put because you know this person is "help meet" for you.

1 Like

Re: Which One 1st. Will You Start Dating A Girl Or You Will Inform Your Pastors 1st? by mamaput(f): 1:35pm On Aug 12, 2006
omogenaija:

i don't understand, can u please explain ?

can i call u mom, u remind me of my mom kiss

That means i will run away from him as fast as my legs can carry me.
I do not want to have anything to do with religious freaks,
A man tht wants to take me to his pastor b4 going out with me is a freak.

By the way , you can call me what you like

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex Tears Family Apart / Which Side Of The Bed Should A Woman Sleep ? / Funny Copycat Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.