Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Opinion: Why Jonathan Will Never Be A Catalyst For Change - A Response - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Why Jonathan Will Never Be A Catalyst For Change - A Response (1304 Views)

A Response To Femi Falana, An Integrity-Challenged Charlatan (ICC) / Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings / “Jonathan Will Win 2015 Election But Be Cut Short” – Prophet Emmanuel Nwazuo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Why Jonathan Will Never Be A Catalyst For Change - A Response by Kairoseki77: 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2014
Aside from the massive abuse of your position (why is one of the moderators of the politics section writing pro-PDP essays?), the substance of your write up doesn't make sense, Afam.

OBJ, IBB, and all those other "old cargoes" are in their 70's 80's and 90's. Most of them will be dead within a few years no matter who is President. Right now, the most important thing is to make sure that we do not create a new CORRUPT class, to replace the old one. That it why GEJ's fight against corruption is so important, and why his inaction is so disappointing.

What difference does it make if FFK is replaced by Oduah? If OBJ and his CORRUPT family is replaced by GEJ and Patience? I could go on.

And before you bring up the Enugu Airport, remember that even as CORRUPT as the old politicians were, even as horrible as they were, even as much as we all hate them, they still managed to build all the airports in the country. The same ones that Stella is upgrading. So please don't excuse her bad behavior because of the crumbs she has given you. Hold her by the same standard as the past leaders, and you will she that she is no different.

People like Fashola and are the only catalysts Nigeria will ever have. Fashola has raised the bar SO HIGH in Lagos, that the voting public will NEVER go back to incompetent leaders. That is change. Instead of supporting people like them, every tribe in Nigeria just takes its turn supporting each successive batch of incompetent leaders because "It's our turn to chop."

If you really believe that Jonathan has brought change, ask yourself this, if he left office today, would the ND start MEND again? Have the poor masses there improved their lot under him? Are they protesting corruption NOW, when it maters? Or, are they silent because it is "their turn to chop"? And when the chopping ends, in 2015, or 2019, will they then turn around to protest the next President because the ND has not developed? Who will they have to blame? What will have changed?

THIS is the cycle that our country is trapped in. GEJ is a perpetuation of it. If you cannot be a performer, you need to fight corruption. If you cannot fight corruption, then you need to be a performer. Everything else is BS. Being younger than the old thieves is not an accomplishment.

10 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Jonathan Will Never Be A Catalyst For Change - A Response by Kairoseki77: 3:06pm On Jan 06, 2014
PS - Let's see if my response to the moderator likewise makes it to the FP. I seriously doubt it.
Re: Opinion: Why Jonathan Will Never Be A Catalyst For Change - A Response by OgologoDimkpa: 3:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
You've responded to Afam's article;better!

Next time, write your response instead of blackmailing Afam4eva in a thread just
because his opinion does not align with yours sad

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Jonathan Will Never Be A Catalyst For Change - A Response by Kairoseki77: 3:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
ogologodimkpa: You've responded to Afam's article;better!

Next time, write your response instead of blackmailing Afam4eva in a thread just
because his opinion does not align with yours sad

Excuse me?
Re: Opinion: Why Jonathan Will Never Be A Catalyst For Change - A Response by siralos135: 3:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
I cannot but agree with you

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Jonathan Will Never Be A Catalyst For Change - A Response by Toktee(m): 3:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
Only insane people like afam,insencear9geria and easteners(some) will thnk of voting jonathan back to aso rock,jonathan is a proper difination of failured,no amount of emty threat will help him back there.
Always taking wrong actions.,as at the case of fuel subsidy on janauary 1.
Curruption has become a child play under his watch,odual,sure-p 500b scandal,pension scam,patience african first ladies building and cars etc,is this type of man that these foools want us to vote again.?

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Jonathan Will Never Be A Catalyst For Change - A Response by step1: 3:34pm On Jan 06, 2014
The the truth is that GEJ is not the change and can never be the change. There is a saying that goes 'be the change you want ths world to be' in translation it means do what you will like others to do. That is what Mandela did, that is what Mohammed did, that is what Jesus did, that is what muritala Mohammed did.

Gej talks about stopping corruption but right under his nose oduah bought cars with bid etc no due process

He eats billion naira of food every year

He has not accounted for the sure-p money

He has not accounted for the excess crude revenue in the federation account

This man lack competency and every moral right to talk of anti corruption.

He is not different from the so called people he is fighting.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Jonathan Will Never Be A Catalyst For Change - A Response by Funpeter: 3:48pm On Jan 06, 2014
My take is where do we starts to fight corruption is it from the grassroot or at the top? I jst don't know, corruptions is everywhere maybe the president has a alot to do let him take the bull by the horn and fight this menace weather from bottom or top.
Re: Opinion: Why Jonathan Will Never Be A Catalyst For Change - A Response by OgologoDimkpa: 4:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
Kairoseki77:

Excuse me?
Yeah, I've said what I meant and stop blackmailing people
on Nairaland tongue

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Jonathan Will Never Be A Catalyst For Change - A Response by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 06, 2014
Re: Opinion: Why Jonathan Will Never Be A Catalyst For Change - A Response by jjcbuthot: 5:11pm On Jan 06, 2014
step1: The the truth is that GEJ is not the change and can never be the change. There is a saying that goes 'be the change you want ths world to be' in translation it means do what you will like others to do. That is what Mandela did, that is what Mohammed did, that is what Jesus did, that is what muritala Mohammed did.

Gej talks about stopping corruption but right under his nose oduah bought cars with bid etc no due process

He eats billion naira of food every year

He has not accounted for the sure-p money

He has not accounted for the excess crude revenue in the federation account

This man lack competency and every moral right to talk of anti corruption.

He is not different from the so called people he is fighting.
I knew he has a plan to loot the country dry the day he refused to accept admonition to declear his asset.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Jonathan Will Never Be A Catalyst For Change - A Response by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
Whoever takes Afam seriously is a dolt!

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Jonathan Will Never Be A Catalyst For Change - A Response by GEJ2015: 5:34pm On Jan 06, 2014
Do not allow anyone to fool you good people of nigeria
Re: Opinion: Why Jonathan Will Never Be A Catalyst For Change - A Response by Demdem(m): 6:08pm On Jan 06, 2014
This is much more sensible than the rubbish Afam spilled out.
Re: Opinion: Why Jonathan Will Never Be A Catalyst For Change - A Response by awodman: 7:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
So in ur opinion it is Fashola who detest any atom of Transparency that will lead us to the promised land?..

I mean the same Fashola who heads Lagos state where govt officials are not allowed to speak to the press unless they have been given clearance?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Jonathan Will Never Be A Catalyst For Change - A Response by OmoTier1(m): 7:05pm On Jan 06, 2014
awodman: So in ur opinion it is Fashola who detest any atom of Transparency that will lead us to the promised land?..

I mean the same Fashola who heads Lagos state where govt officials are not allowed to speak to the press unless they have been given clearance?
What is this one saying Atom of transparency? Sorry you made no sense undecided
Re: Opinion: Why Jonathan Will Never Be A Catalyst For Change - A Response by Itoroetti(m): 7:25pm On Jan 06, 2014
ogologodimkpa:
Yeah, I've said what I meant and stop blackmailing people
on Nairaland tongue

Don't mind the apc desktop publisher
Re: Opinion: Why Jonathan Will Never Be A Catalyst For Change - A Response by Donmams(m): 7:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
That is why they are scared of Buhari more than the Almighty. Because they know the day Buhari becomes President, they shall all rot in jail for eternity. Yet people like Afam who claim to be educated can open their mouth to justify voting for GEJ. Shame on religious and ethnic bigots.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Jonathan Will Never Be A Catalyst For Change - A Response by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
The NYSE bell ringer is a round peg in a square hole.

(1) (Reply)

Better Abia 2015: Ihejirika, Dr. Ogah Or Dr Alex Otti? / PSA Peugeot Citroen, PAN Nigeria Sign Assembly Agreement / Photo Of Governor Aregbesola Heading For Accreditation in Ilesha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.