Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,736 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark (23188 Views)

Keep Quiet! Ex-Militants Tell Edwin Clark / Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark / I Have Left PDP – Edwin Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by fkaz(m): 5:20pm On Jan 06, 2014
The season of letter writing may not be over in Nigeria yet as elder statesman and former Minister of Information, Chief Edwin Clark joined the fray to excoriate former President Olusegun Obasanjo over his 18-page letter to President Goodluck Jonathan.

In his 10-page delayed response to Obasanjo, titled: ‘Let The Truth Be Told Before It Is Too Late,’ and made available to P.M.NEWS this morning, Chief Clark described Obasanjo as “a mischief maker” and “an ego maniac who always want to play to the gallery.”

Obasanjo wrote his letter to Jonathan on 2 December last year, titled ‘Before It Is too Late’, triggering a political tremor that is yet to quieten down.

The Ijaw pre-eminent chief and political godfather of President Jonathan, condemned Obasanjo for writing what he called a treasonable letter to the president, adding that Nigeria does not belong to Obasanjo as pointed out by Iyabo Obasanjo in her open letter to her father.

“Ordinarily, I never intended to join in the affray of accusations and counter accusations between a former president and a sitting president and a daughter in between. But, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, in your usual characteristic hatred and use of sarcastic remarks about Ijaw, you have again berated and insulted us the Ijaws in your letter to Mr. President. Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has never for once acted nor behaved as an Ijaw man since he took office as President, and we hold no grudge against him for that.

“In addition, I want to butress the assertion that all Nigerians are equal no matter where they come from, that is no one is a second class citizen of this nation. You have no right to plunge Nigeria into crisis as your past actions and recent open letter to the president connotes. The generality of Nigerians think your letter is treasonable,” Chief Clark stated.

The former minister goes further to describe Obasanjo as an unrepentant trouble maker, adding that he had in the past embarrassed former Heads of State through his devilish open letters.

“My dear Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, you have become an unrepentant trouble maker, as Nigeria gave you more than you truly deserve. Hence you see yourself as lord of the manor. You have without recourse in the past embarrassed all past Heads of State and Presidents in Nigeria through open letters and unsavory comments. In such letters, you have always alleged maladministration, corruption and incompetence against them,” Clark wrote.

While admitting that Obasanjo contributed to Jonathan’s emergence as president, the former minister criticised Obasanjo for trying to dictate to Jonathan and when the latter refused to toe his footsteps, started attacking him.

“Nigerians are aware that you set the stage for the emergence of Goodluck Jonathan as President of the Federal Republic. But the saying goes that if you present a gift of goat to a friend you must let go of the tether. You are probably different. Right from the inception of the Jonathan presidency, your body language indicated you want to play the role of the piper, that is, dictate how Jonathan runs the government, a phenomenon you did not tolerate from those who put you in office in 1999.

“An incident that played itself out then will suffice. You masterminded the removal of Chief Tony Anenih, then PDP Chairman, Board of Trustees, and appointed yourself thinking the position will give you powers to control and manipulate the President. The futility of your actions dawned on you when you realised Jonathan is his own man. And in frustration you resigned as PDP Board of Trustee Chairman. You had thought the president will kneel before you begging that you stay on, but he never did. Every Nigerian therefore, knows that you connived, with PDP renegades and opposition parties to ridicule and undo President Jonathan and the government because he refused to be your puppet,” he stated.

Citing other instances of Obasanjo’s hypocrisy and corruption, Clark reminded him: “My dear OBJ, I was your colleague in the General Yakubu Gowon government in 1975. You were then the Minister of Works. The Head of State directed you to develop the Tincan Island Port. It was widely rumoured then that you carved out a portion of land from the area earmarked for the project for yourself, the area now known as Beachland Estate in Apapa, Lagos. Your clandestine usurpation of the piece of land led to series of litigations with your front man, in which I believe you are still probably embroiled.

“Mr. former President, I will also like to use the language of your daughter, Iyabo to describe you to Nigerians. You are “a liar, manipulator, two face hypocrite” and that “you have egoistic craving for power and live a life only men of low self esteem and intellect thrive.”

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/01/06/another-open-letter-obasanjo-an-egomaniac-says-edwin-clark/

17 Likes

Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by emmabowin(m): 5:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
Noted
If you ask me,I would suggest that more people should write their open letters exposing the many ills and shortcomings of Obasanjo, detailing how he is full of deceit and manipulations. This man must know that he is not bigger than the country and cannot decide for the presidency.The era of political godfatherism is gradually coming to an end in this country. We destroyed godfatherism in Edo state,as well as Ondo State. Its only a matter of time before the wave spread round the Country like wildfire.
#saynotopoliticalgodfatherism

36 Likes

Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by fkaz(m): 5:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
We are still in euphoria of letter writing grin

We don't know when they start send assassin to each other

1 Like

Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by OmoTier1(m): 6:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
Ewdin Clarke,

Tell the world what happened to your daughter in London lipsrsealed

20 Likes

Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 06, 2014
The more the letters come ...the more PDP crumbles....

More letters please! grin

9 Likes

Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by bloggernaija: 7:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
Abacha stole 8 billion dollars.
Okotie Eboh stole,
Obj stole
Blah blah blah.

That does not mean we are going to allow the theft to continue .
By the way ,
Ijaws only produce a fraction of the country's oil .
I hope they are willing to take what is coming

9 Likes

Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by johnmartus(m): 7:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
edun Clark my foot elder state man that cannot enhances the interest of his peoples where is edun Clark when turai lock pj to the kitchen while gej serve as bar man am not blame you since gej can became president and you have money to buy agbada so you now elder state man shame. you should shut up your dirty mouth I dont want to hear anybod among you saying Nigeria is not belong to obasanjo either ss/se what impact does se/ ss take before Jonathan became interior president if its not obj north wouldn't allow Jonathan smell aso rock if its not obasanjo that imposed Jonathan on Nigeria who knowing you as elder state man? your name sound strange in my hear coward you we see either Nigeria belongs to obj or not 2015 we surely come many we panic

14 Likes

Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by duro4chang(m): 8:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
Ethnic bigotry or patriotism?Time will tell
Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
I guess now that the rainy season has passed, we are now in open letter season.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by donblade85: 8:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
Tired of leta
Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by manny4life(m): 8:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
“Nigerians are aware that you set the stage for the emergence of Goodluck Jonathan as President of the Federal Republic. But the saying goes that if you present a gift of goat to a friend you must let go of the tether. You are probably different. Right from the inception of the Jonathan presidency, your body language indicated you want to play the role of the piper, that is, dictate how Jonathan runs the government, a phenomenon you did not tolerate from those who put you in office in 1999.

“An incident that played itself out then will suffice. You masterminded the removal of Chief Tony Anenih, then PDP Chairman, Board of Trustees, and appointed yourself thinking the position will give you powers to control and manipulate the President. The futility of your actions dawned on you when you realised Jonathan is his own man. And in frustration you resigned as PDP Board of Trustee Chairman. You had thought the president will kneel before you begging that you stay on, but he never did. Every Nigerian therefore, knows that you connived, with PDP renegades and opposition parties to ridicule and undo President Jonathan and the government because he refused to be your puppet,” he stated.

This is the beef right there between these two, OBJ is angry, if only godsons can be their own man and not being a puppet, godfather will die sooner than we thought. We've not heard of the last, more letters are coming because OBJ was too greedy and self centered to restrain himself. I wish someone will speak out on his ills in government, then again, the drums have only started grin

13 Likes

Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by patriotic007: 8:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
The bashing OBJ has recieved for his dubious letter to GEJ just shows you how GEJ is loved and supported by Nigerians,...GEJ TILL 2019

16 Likes

Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
Let me say the political krinku kanku of this open letters or if you like call the political open letters higi haga that as developed in Nigeria is now an odoriferous saga i quote "laz gagagu -a-gaga"

what is the font-ext holigo of this Open letters? I know it is emir-ably laden with a political and democratic thalidomide

I am waiting for patrick obahiagbon Open letter.

undecided undecided

8 Likes

Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by theimmie(m): 8:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
Nonsense!!! All about politics... Playing with our minds....#NoSidesTaken
Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
johnmartus: edun Clark my foot elder state man that cannot enhances the interest of his peoples where is edun Clark when turai lock pj to the kitchen while gej serve as bar man am not blame you since gej can became president and you have money to buy agbada so you now elder state man shame. you should shut up your dirty mouth I dont want to hear anybod among you saying Nigeria is not belong to obasanjo either ss/se what impact
does se/ ss take before Jonathan became interior president if its not obj north wouldn't allow Jonathan smell aso rock if its not obasanjo that imposed Jonathan on Nigeria who knowing you as
elder state man? your name sound strange in my hear coward you we see either Nigeria belongs to obj or not
2015 we surely come many we panic
edit your post mr. You are incoherent

The North won't allow Jonathan smell Aso Rock? Is Aso Rock now an emirate? Or is it now a caliphate? Born to rule mentality will drown you people

21 Likes

Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by patriotic007: 8:48pm On Jan 06, 2014
duro4chang: Ethnic bigotry or patriotism?Time will tell

He is very patriotic but ruled for eleven years with a significant contribution to the developement of Nigeria?,....patrotrism my a.ss
Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
bloggernaija: Abacha stole 8 billion dollars.
Okotie Eboh stole,
Obj stole
Blah blah blah.

That does not mean we are going to allow the theft to continue .
By the way ,
Ijaws only produce a fraction of the country's oil .
I hope they are willing to take what is coming

so what is your village producing to Nigeria?

9 Likes

Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by patriotic007: 8:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
ilugunboy: The more the letters come ...the more PDP crumbles....

More letters please! grin
PDP is fighting their battle early in the day and far from election date but when APC's battle will start,...it will very disgraceful and too close to election date,....Dont tell me they wont fight because the presidential ticket will always cause a fight

6 Likes

Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by DonaldGenes(m): 8:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
Mehn!!!!!!!! This letters never finish
Ah don tire oh
Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by iluvweed(m): 8:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
To face reality, this OBJ of a thing own too much self!

Upon all the BILLIONS he has, he still wants more.... abi I dont understand ooh...Someone should pls explain what this man wants plsssssssssssssssssssss....... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Abi he needs money to settle satan in hell for VIP corner?

15 Likes

Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by Kennyfancy(m): 8:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
Omo_Tier1: Ewdin Clarke,

his daughter kill ur useless father

5 Likes

Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by Doyensky: 8:56pm On Jan 06, 2014
Its anoda year... Dey shud jst stop writing all dis deir open later of shame. Jst adding more heat to d tension on ground alrdy

1 Like

Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by alotofgrace(m): 8:56pm On Jan 06, 2014
the voice of a goat becomes loudest @ the point of death....something/something/former someone in person of obj is dying...let him sh@

1 Like

Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by Datiboboi: 8:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
X
Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by U90INDIVERSIT(m): 9:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
THIS IS REALLY THE SEASON OF OPEN LETTERS IN NIGERIA. OBJ TO GEJ, GEJ REPLIED OBJ, IYABO TO OBJ (HAS HE REPLIED?--- I DON'T KNOW), DOKUBO TO OBJ( NO REPLY YET), NOW, CLARK TO OBJ....

MANY MORE ARE STILL COMING......FIRST LADY HAS NOT WRITTEN HERS OOO!!! AND SHE SHOULD WRITE IT HERSELF OOO!, AT LEAST TO JUSTIFY THE DOCTORATE AWARD I HEARD SHE WAS ONCE BESTOWED WITH.

GOV. AMECHI WILL WRITE. WHO AGAIN N/LANDERS

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by superstar1(m): 9:01pm On Jan 06, 2014
They keep digging GEJ's political grave.

Unfortunately, all these sycophants and opportunists, will desert him when the chips are down and when fresh tornado finally arrives.

Political sagacious strategist speak less. The rantings of the official and unofficial spokesmen of GEJ, is the weapon and cannon that will be used against him, when the hour comes.

Clark should be ready to campaign in SW and North.

Where were you, when Turai was giving her clothes to GEJ to wash and instructing Madam Piss to prepare pounded yam for her.

Where were you Clark, when Turai and her cabal, held GEJ hostage.

The tornado is coming and its coming very fast.

12 Likes

Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by obuksjr(m): 9:01pm On Jan 06, 2014
It seems no one fancy the style of secret letter that I am used to any more.Pls who can teach me how to write an open letter?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
When GEJ is looking for ways to beg OBJ, this old man is busy fanning the embers of division. Shior!

1 Like

Re: Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark by aventura: 9:04pm On Jan 06, 2014
Omo_Tier1: Ewdin Clarke,
Is it connected to the letter?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku, Tinubu In Race For APC Bot Chair / Ambode Welcomes Walmart, Seeks Firm’s Support On Job Creation - Punch / Nigeria Vs Congo Friendly: APC Warns Gov Wike Over 'Arrival' Of Ebola In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.