Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,278 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Mechanical Engineer Graduates Meet Here.... - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mechanical Engineer Graduates Meet Here.... (574 Views)

Mathematics/stastistics Vs Mechanical Engineering / BIOCHEMISTRY GRADUATES Meet Here Let's Talk / What Are The Career Options For A Mechanical Engineer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mechanical Engineer Graduates Meet Here.... by Rhema14(m): 7:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
Hello guys...lets discuss on this thread various challenges encountered by engineers especially mechanical engineers and possibly companies that employs mechanical engineers in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Mechanical Engineer Graduates Meet Here.... by pickabeau1: 7:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
Wat sort of challenge
Re: Mechanical Engineer Graduates Meet Here.... by Rhema14(m): 8:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
Challenges like havng to go thru d rigour of studing in school nd not getting a befitting job, lots of engineers now turn primary sch teachers, how our environment does not encourage innovative ideas as there are lots of young mind with ideas nd inventions that could cause a turn around in our society, but becos of lack of funds nd motivatn ideas die prematurely.
How do u encourage undergraduates still in school not to depend solely on achaic school curriculm but to think outside d bix nd start a start adding more values to themselves.
Re: Mechanical Engineer Graduates Meet Here.... by pickabeau1: 9:39pm On Jan 06, 2014
These challenge are not unique to any profession nowadays
Its the country

You have to strive to be marketable, learn skills and be open

There are topics on this board you can view

I will try n get some webpages for you

Jarushub is OK too
http://www.jarushub.com/
Re: Mechanical Engineer Graduates Meet Here.... by Rhema14(m): 2:59pm On Jul 05, 2020
Are you a student? Awaiting service? Job seeker? You want to enhance your skill on your job?

Why not use this opportunity and join one of our training class and equip yourself ahead of time?

At RHEMATEX CONSULTING & TRAINING LIMITED, we give qualitative training on AUTOCAD, PDMS, MATLAB, AUTODESK INVENTOR. Our flexible training plan allow you to have a special weekend session incase you don't have the opportunity to learn during the week days.
Our Ibadan branch is @ suit 49, opposite first bank, complex opposite university of Ibadan gate.
Call or chat on whatsapp on 07066232575
Or visit our website @ www.rhematexconsulting.org for more information

knowledge is power
Re: Mechanical Engineer Graduates Meet Here.... by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:12pm On Jul 09, 2020
Rhema14:
Challenges like havng to go thru d rigour of studing in school nd not getting a befitting job, lots of engineers now turn primary sch teachers, how our environment does not encourage innovative ideas as there are lots of young mind with ideas nd inventions that could cause a turn around in our society, but becos of lack of funds nd motivatn ideas die prematurely.
How do u encourage undergraduates still in school not to depend solely on achaic school curriculm but to think outside d bix nd start a start adding more values to themselves.

Good thread, but those commenting are not doing justice to it.
I have a younger brother that studied mechanical engineering and hasn't had any meaningful thing doing since 2013.

Though I'm not an engineer, I feel from my experience so far, that it's useless studying that course in Nigeria.

I don't think I'll allow any of my kids to go into it.
Unless there's something I do not know yet about it.
Maybe, I'll learnt it from here, and probably change my mind.
Re: Mechanical Engineer Graduates Meet Here.... by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:29pm On Jul 09, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

Good thread, but those commenting are not doing justice to it.
I have a younger brother that studied mechanical engineering and hasn't had any meaningful thing doing since 2013.

Though I'm not an engineer, I feel from my experience so far, that it's useless studying that course in Nigeria.

I don't think I'll allow any of my kids to go into it.
Unless there's something I do not know yet about it.
Maybe, I'll learnt it from here, and probably change my mind.
Engineering is really overrated in Nigeria. It will get worse as oil looses it's relevance. In the early 2000s and down to the 2010s, it used to be possible to work at top oil companies either as a full time staff or on contract.

You could just get HSE, NEBOSH or some other certificate and that was it. It doesn't also help that Nigeria isn't an industrialised nation. Engineers would always be useless in nations that have no industries.

If you are in secondary school and about to go the university as a science student. Go for medicine or computer science and try to be the best programmer you can possibly be.

(1) (Reply)

Make Extra Income Via Facebook,twitter And Youtube / Fellow Engineers Seeking Employment, A Word For You All / Please Help Simulation / Modelling Tutorial Issues.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.